IGNORED

Jinger Duggar Vuolo 60

samurai_sarah

The Yosemite photo infuriates. JB is all alpha male, purposely standing out in his red jacket, separate looking from his wife and all the kids who collectively are mostly one big puddle of dull color. JB is wearing a new jacket while Meech gives off church-rummage-sale coat vibes. The shoes, pants and red jacket on the little boy in front of Meech look way too big for him. Meech is made to look small and insignificant, relegated to fading into the background in shapeless, drab clothing. Yep, the sister moms are holding babies; JB and Meech did the breeding work so let the daughters raise the offspring.

I despise how JB is on one end and Josh on the other, like they are a pair of herding dogs rounding up the posse. Very cultish. Josh has his body turned in towards the group, not far from Jinger, which comes across to me as a display of dominance and control.

IMG_0479.jpeg

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 8

I do like that the one little boy (James?) is obviously fooling around and doing the splits. Any bit of spunk from these kids makes me grin. 
I don’t love editing out family members because to me trying to pretend that Josh wasn’t there and isn’t a part of the family is kinda the way things were allowed to escalate. Sweep it under the carpet, pretend it didn’t happen, pretend he doesn’t exist etc. He is a part of the Duggar family and the IBLP culture that JB embraced meant that none of kids got what they needed to heal and move forward. I also doubt that removing Josh from photos lessens the pain Jinger feels related to having been abused by him.

If I were her therapist, I would be concerned that she is still trying to present a Shiny, Happy People image at the cost of her mental, emotional and spiritual health. Just my opinion, though and I definitely could be wrong about everything. 

• Upvote 9

Can we please acknowledge that in that photo, the male offspring are all wearing proper winter/hiking boots.  The girls are wearing white sneakers.  Far colder and far less grippy.  (And big girls are carrying babies in their slippy shoes).

Also the girls are bare legged.  Long skirts don't keep you warm in winter.  Tights under them are a modest option which would have kept them warm.

Just some of the million issues with that photo.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

51 minutes ago, imokit said:

Can we please acknowledge that in that photo, the male offspring are all wearing proper winter/hiking boots.  The girls are wearing white sneakers.  Far colder and far less grippy.  (And big girls are carrying babies in their slippy shoes).

Also the girls are bare legged.  Long skirts don't keep you warm in winter.  Tights under them are a modest option which would have kept them warm.

Just some of the million issues with that photo.

I guess it’s better than flip flops 🙄 

Remember how the girls constantly wore flip flops. They always said they liked them but I knew it was because they were cheap as hell. 

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I guess it’s better than flip flops 🙄 

Remember how the girls constantly wore flip flops. They always said they liked them but I knew it was because they were cheap as hell. 

And you know that no one was splurging for the higher end flip flops…probably all of the girls had those stiff $2.00 specials. 

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

And you know that no one was splurging for the higher end flip flops…probably all of the girls had those stiff $2.00 specials. 

I bet they went to Old Navy every year on $1 flip flop day. Remember that sale back in the early 2000s and 2010s? I never went because everyone always said it was ridiculously crowded on that day.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I wear Old Navy flip-flops lol. But I live in southern New Mexico. Those poor girls do look freezing, but I don't give a shit if Michelle is wearing threadbare clothes. She was a full participant in this insanity.

12 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

@Kiki03910 -- I love the Subpar Parks prints! If I ever had a cabin up in the mountains, I would want to get a few of her prints and some "regular" prints of the national parks in a similar style. It would be fun to see any visitors do a double-take when they realized the difference! :pb_lol:

FJ should throw a party at this wonderful cabin!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Kiki03910 said:

FJ should throw a party at this wonderful cabin!

All of FJ would be welcome to the hypothetical party at my imaginary cabin! :happy-partydance: :obscene-drinkingcheers: :martinismiley: :dance:

We could have one of these, too!

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
Added video
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

All of FJ would be welcome to the hypothetical party at my imaginary cabin! :happy-partydance: :obscene-drinkingcheers: :martinismiley: :dance:

We could have one of these, too!

Oh shit, did I just invite a ton of people to an introvert's imaginary cabin? Lolol.

• Haha 6
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

I do like that the one little boy (James?) is obviously fooling around and doing the splits. Any bit of spunk from these kids makes me grin. 
I don’t love editing out family members because to me trying to pretend that Josh wasn’t there and isn’t a part of the family is kinda the way things were allowed to escalate. Sweep it under the carpet, pretend it didn’t happen, pretend he doesn’t exist etc. He is a part of the Duggar family and the IBLP culture that JB embraced meant that none of kids got what they needed to heal and move forward. I also doubt that removing Josh from photos lessens the pain Jinger feels related to having been abused by him.

If I were her therapist, I would be concerned that she is still trying to present a Shiny, Happy People image at the cost of her mental, emotional and spiritual health. Just my opinion, though and I definitely could be wrong about everything. 

I don’t know. If I were her I’d probably edit him out.  For a lot of reasons. Because I didn’t want to look at his face when I’m recalling a happy memory. Because I didn’t want to bring up associated memories that were unhappy. Because I liked the freedom of getting to decide who was and wasn’t included. Because I came across the photo and was pleasantly surprised that the trauma pest was at a very easily cropped out position, so went for it. Because the photo didn’t even particularly bother me, I liked reminiscing about a vacation to a cool spot - but I didn’t want to read a thousand comments all based on Josh and the molestation and having it turn into yet another discussion about him. It’s not Jinger’s job to work on or think about past trauma or family dysfunction all the time. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

I think you both make valid points, Mama Mia and Expectopatronus. Unfortunately, thanks to the way her parents dealt with the situation, the Josh saga will be similar to an albatross around Jinger’s neck the rest of her life. Now that’s a reference none of the Duggar kids will understand! (And thank you, Mrs. Dodds, my most exceptional 8th grade Literature teacher who opened so many new worlds to us students by introducing us to a vast array of classic literature.)

I never dealt with SA from a sibling. But I wonder what the Duggar girls dealt with while still living in the same house as Josh, after he’d “gotten help” and was “punished” for his actions. Even tho the girls’ dorm style bedroom with locks was created as a deterrent, did the girls ever feel safe again around him? Did they worry that Josh might go after one of the even younger girls? Did they fear accidentally getting caught alone with him in a room? Did they feel they had to be hypervigilant to make sure that didn’t happen? Did Josh still attempt to dominate or “accidentally” brush up against them while claiming “oops, so sorry!” For example, if they were all piling into the van, did his hand swipe one of the girls’ backside or brush across a breast but he pretended he didn’t mean to, it’s just that they were all squished together? Did any of the girls want to further speak up about these kinds of infractions but remained silent because they were instructed to forgive and move on, and they didn’t want to put the family through more turmoil, or be seen as a troublemaker themselves? 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 5
  • Sad 5
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, Kiki03910 said:

Those poor girls do look freezing, but I don't give a shit if Michelle is wearing threadbare clothes. She was a full participant in this insanity.

Oh, most definitely Michelle was a full participant in this insanity. It disgusts me that she makes herself smaller, fades into the background to make her husband appear “more important-er” and then teaches her daughters that this is to be their role in life, too. She publicly taught it from podiums to fundie females, wrote about it, and exemplified it to her daughters through her relationship with JB. “Look, girls, this is what you can aspire to: being a second-rate, less-than person!” Gag, gag, gag. She swallowed the propaganda hook, line and sinker.

And there you have JB in the picture who does not look like he’s wearing a “buy used and save the difference” coat. More like, “I need a new coat for the photo ops we’ll be taking on vacation.” Meanwhile, none of the kids are allowed to show any kind of individuality in their clothing, they have to all wear the same thing. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

21 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet they went to Old Navy every year on $1 flip flop day. Remember that sale back in the early 2000s and 2010s? I never went because everyone always said it was ridiculously crowded on that day.

I always suspected the flip flops were so popular was they were cheap footwear that they could buy new so they finally had a pair of shoes all their own. 

15 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

I don’t know. If I were her I’d probably edit him out.  For a lot of reasons. Because I didn’t want to look at his face when I’m recalling a happy memory. Because I didn’t want to bring up associated memories that were unhappy. Because I liked the freedom of getting to decide who was and wasn’t included. Because I came across the photo and was pleasantly surprised that the trauma pest was at a very easily cropped out position, so went for it. Because the photo didn’t even particularly bother me, I liked reminiscing about a vacation to a cool spot - but I didn’t want to read a thousand comments all based on Josh and the molestation and having it turn into yet another discussion about him. It’s not Jinger’s job to work on or think about past trauma or family dysfunction all the time. 

I’m fine with however Jinger wants to handle it. Crop out her molester so she can’t see him? Fine. Keep him in the draw attention to how things really were? Fine. Whatever helps her is fine with me. 

• Upvote 10

3 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I always suspected the flip flops were so popular was they were cheap footwear that they could buy new so they finally had a pair of shoes all their own. 

I’m fine with however Jinger wants to handle it. Crop out her molester so she can’t see him? Fine. Keep him in the draw attention to how things really were? Fine. Whatever helps her is fine with me. 

I also think a ton of these huge fundie families go barefoot because they never had good shoes. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I also think a ton of these huge fundie families go barefoot because they never had good shoes. 

Hopefully, not in the snow. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

Grandma Vuolo, the only member of that family I liked aside from Chuck Jr., has passed away.

Edited by marmalade
Forgot to add Jr
  • Sad 9

It looks like Abbie (and JD?) are out visiting the Vuolos. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9d9f90fa3c061ab559a16234f68e016e.png

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

It looks like Abbie (and JD?) are out visiting the Vuolos. 

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.9d9f90fa3c061ab559a16234f68e016e.png

They honestly seem like a weird combo to me personality wise. But age wise they mesh better than some of the other sibling couples. And they both have two kids and probably use birth control. I just don’t see JD and Jer being close. 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They honestly seem like a weird combo to me personality wise. But age wise they mesh better than some of the other sibling couples. And they both have two kids and probably use birth control. I just don’t see JD and Jer being close. 

JD was one of his groomsmen. They actually got along pretty well. On the show anyway.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

2 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

JD was one of his groomsmen. They actually got along pretty well. On the show anyway.

Thanks. I honestly figured JD would think he’s a smug know it all but I guess he was used to that with his older brother. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Thanks. I honestly figured JD would think he’s a smug know it all but I guess he was used to that with his older brother. 

I think Jer just needed a bunch of suits to equal Jinger's huge bridal party. At the time, Jer had the goalie buddy, the photographer (I think that's what he is), and Ben as friends. One brother. He needed warm bodies to fill in the rest. 😀

Edited by marmalade
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

45 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I think Jer just needed a bunch of suits to equal Jinger's huge bridal party. At the time, Jer had the goalie buddy, the photographer (I think that's what he is), and Ben as friends. One brother. He needed warm bodies to fill in the rest. 😀

At least Josh didn’t make the cut 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

I think everyone likes Jinger, as her disposition is that of a people pleaser. She is probably very non judgmental in a family that has it’s share of sibling drama and rivalry.

Joy and family recently visited her again.  Jill always likes her IG content.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

46 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I think everyone likes Jinger, as her disposition is that of a people pleaser. She is probably very non judgmental in a family that has it’s share of sibling drama and rivalry.

Joy and family recently visited her again.  Jill always likes her IG content.

That makes sense. She seems annoyingly cloying to me. But in a ridiculously crowded family of siblings - many with very Big personalities - I bet the brothers and sisters like hanging out with her. They can gossip and vent and Jinger will just sweetly listen without judging and take them to a cool beach spot for coffee.  She’s also the youngest of the oldest kids,  so likely had a wide range of friendships across older and younger siblings. 

Both Jeremy and Derrick seem utterly insufferable to me - personality wise- and I can see them either enjoying being insufferable together—- or really rubbing each other the wrong way.  He might be fun enough on a rare family vacation though - probably good at board games, knows good places to eat etc

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I think the draw of California is big for the Duggar siblings. It’s a vacation spot with free lodging. But I do think they all probably want to visit with Jinger. I’m surprised that any of the guys get on with Jeremy very well except for Ben who was the initial contact. They are both theological and sporty. I’m actually surprised we don’t see more photos of Jeremy and Ben together when the families are visiting. I still am amazed that Jeremy and Austin can stand each other. Austin is 100% good ole boy and Jeremy is 100% not.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2