IGNORED

Jinger Duggar Vuolo 60

samurai_sarah

I see over on the she who shall not be named fb page starting with P, her discussing how Justin’s mother in law is slamming jinger shilling turn Christian health care. Also saying it looks like one of Spiveys kids has cancer. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 3

13 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I see over on the she who shall not be named fb page starting with P, her discussing how Justin’s mother in law is slamming jinger shilling turn Christian health care. Also saying it looks like one of Spiveys kids has cancer. 

I find it interesting that Hilary Spivey had the nerve to go up against a Duggar, but I guess her frustration over her kid’s health will easily cause that kind of reaction. Although Jessa also shills for CHM, but as far as I know, Hilary didn’t contradict Jessa publicly, maybe because Jessa toes the line with JB?

I hope the Spivey child gets the necessary care, and I hope it somewhat sinks in with the Spiveys and their community why real health insurance for everyone is crucial.

• Upvote 9

Thankfully someone is saying it. Even if it’s Hilary Spivey. There is so much that scam doesn’t pay for. 

B5E2EDC1-B359-4087-B3D1-270277090722.jpeg

• Upvote 14

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

I hope the Spivey child gets the necessary care, and I hope it somewhat sinks in with the Spiveys and their community why real health insurance for everyone is crucial.

Don’t count on one fundie’s experience having an influence on others. I’m sure Hillary isn’t the first fundie to find out the hard way that her current insurance is inadequate when dealing with a cancer diagnosis. (I’m a bit nauseated to see the insurance company has a plan called brothers keeper.) Too often it seems others in the “flock” think their good deeds or clean living or upstanding moral compass will keep them safe under good old God’s umbrella of protection. 

I’m sorry her child has cancer. It is a disease that’s struck so many of my close family members: colon, ovarian, breast and different blood cancers, with a relative recently living less than three months after learning out of the blue he had stage iv cancer. It sucks. 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 11

Is it just me or does she not actually say it's her child who has cancer? It could be herself, her husband, even a parent. In the most recent pics on her page, the whole family went on their annual ski trip days ago and all looked healthy.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

15 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

Is it just me or does she not actually say it's her child who has cancer? It could be herself, her husband, even a parent. In the most recent pics on her page, the whole family went on their annual ski trip days ago and all looked healthy.

Hilary said that it was great until you have a child with cancer in her comment to Jinger’s story. I only saw it on the Pickle’s FB page, so I don’t want to screenshot it.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

5 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Hilary said that it was great until you have a child with cancer in her comment to Jinger’s story. I only saw it on the Pickle’s FB page, so I don’t want to screenshot it.

Thanks. I only saw that comment that was posted here. 

• Upvote 2

I feel bad for the kid with cancer. They aren’t responsible for their parents wacky beliefs and yet they can’t get treatment 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I feel bad for the kid with cancer. They aren’t responsible for their parents wacky beliefs and yet they can’t get treatment 

I bet they got him treatment and went into debt. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet they got him treatment and went into debt. 

Or they caved and bought real insurance.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

On 1/23/2024 at 1:35 PM, marmalade said:

Or they caved and bought real insurance.

Wouldn’t that not cover a pre existing condition? Wouldn’t waiting for the waiting period for coverage be to dangerous if it was covered. 

• Upvote 2

It's my understanding the ACA does not allow exclusion of pre-existing conditions.  

Pre-Existing Conditions

Health insurance companies cannot refuse coverage or charge you more just because you have a “pre-existing condition” — that is, a health problem you had before the date that new health coverage starts.

Health insurers can no longer charge more or deny coverage to you or your child because of a pre-existing health condition like asthma, diabetes, or cancer, as well as pregnancy. They cannot limit benefits for that condition either. Once you have insurance, they can't refuse to cover treatment for your pre-existing condition.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

If they have a minor child with cancer, why aren't they trying St. jude's Childrens Research Hospital?  That is where I would be in a heartbeat.  There is no cost to the family for treatment but it is out of state. 

• Upvote 3

St Jude's isn't isn't to everyone's taste.  

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, TN-peach said:

If they have a minor child with cancer, why aren't they trying St. jude's Childrens Research Hospital?  That is where I would be in a heartbeat.  There is no cost to the family for treatment but it is out of state. 

I don't know how it works to get in there but my guess is there are many many more applicants than spots. 

8 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Wouldn’t that not cover a pre existing condition? Wouldn’t waiting for the waiting period for coverage be to dangerous if it was covered. 

There's not a waiting period anymore. There is, however, still a "the humans behind this application need to work rapidly to get the insurance active asap" and even if the insurance is backdated the family may not know that and know/trust they can use it right away.

Also we've seen in the Rod threads with Gideon that some of these adults don't have any idea they need to advocate for their loved ones. And even when they do know to advocate, sometimes things still go sideways. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

St Jude’s doesn’t accept everyone and as a PP said it’s not really to everyone’s taste.  They may prefer treatments that are much closer to home.

However, a cancer diagnosis especially for a child with no health insurance will likely qualify for Medicaid waivers.  

• Upvote 4

St. Jude’s does not accept all patients. They are mostly going to accept patients who qualify for a research study. Also, you have to live within a certain number of miles of Memphis, where the hospital is located. Every time your child gets a fever, you have to be to the hospital within 2 hours. The hospital fees are covered but travel, lodging, etc are not. For someone that lives so far away, it is not a feasible option. This is coming from a childhood cancer mom. We looked into it. 

Also, if the Jesus health plan is all the Spiveys had going into a diagnosis, any good hospital would have immediately signed the child up for Medicaid. But again, this is income dependent. I would imagine the Spiveys would qualify. But this would be endorsing that liberal socialized medicine so who knows. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 14

6 hours ago, morepreciousthangold said:

But again, this is income dependent. I would imagine the Spiveys would qualify. But this would be endorsing that liberal socialized medicine so who knows. 

Don't worry, all evil things become good once the fundies need them for themselves. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

8 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

St Jude's isn't isn't to everyone's taste.  

The evangelical but not fundy church I grew up in eschewed St. Jude’s because it’s named after a Catholic saint. Not kidding. They also joked St. Jude was in hell while I was on a mission trip with them to Memphis. Just awful people. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1

• 2 weeks later...

From Jinger’s new Facebook post about their trip to North Carolina. Jeremy does love a pretentious bookcase.

image.thumb.png.b90dce581daf5cd3f90d74d0a9ccc98e.png

• Upvote 10

6 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

From Jinger’s new Facebook post about their trip to North Carolina. Jeremy does love a pretentious bookcase.

image.thumb.png.b90dce581daf5cd3f90d74d0a9ccc98e.png

My theory is that Jeremy glues little mirrors inside his books so he can stare at himself all day while pretending to read.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 26

A workmate has a child with cancer. The kid is receiving treatment in one of the best children cancer hospitals. No cost, all covered by social security. The *magic* of taxes.

• Love 8

ngl, I would love that room and its pretentious bookcases too. Of course, the spines of the books I actually read would somewhat ruin the aesthetic and I would get rid of all the vases (that's far too many). But if I was rich I would totally have a room filled with dark wood floor-to-ceiling shelves, leather-bound volumes, exposed beams, armchairs and reading lamps, all that stuff.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, Smee said:

ngl, I would love that room and its pretentious bookcases too. Of course, the spines of the books I actually read would somewhat ruin the aesthetic and I would get rid of all the vases (that's far too many). But if I was rich I would totally have a room filled with dark wood floor-to-ceiling shelves, leather-bound volumes, exposed beams, armchairs and reading lamps, all that stuff.

I admit I hate when books look like they were chosen for their looks and not contents. That book case looks like it has nothing I would want to read. Because it looks superficial. I’m more of a messy uncoordinated book case person. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, Smee said:

ngl, I would love that room and its pretentious bookcases too. Of course, the spines of the books I actually read would somewhat ruin the aesthetic and I would get rid of all the vases (that's far too many).

Yeah, it’s like a game, “Find all the vases and draw a circle around each one.”

• Haha 15