IGNORED

Jinger Duggar Vuolo 60

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, viii said:

I'd rather hit a deer than a moose! 

I knew someone who did hit a moose, she had facial scars from that accident. 

• Sad 6

6 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I knew someone who did hit a moose, she had facial scars from that accident. 

If I'm unable to hit the ditch or brake, I'll hit a deer head on. But a moose? I'll risk the ditch EVERY single time. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

We hit a moose just outside of Brooks, AB, going 120 km/hr. I thought we were going to die. Thankfully, although the SUV was totalled, we were fine. I had a friend who was not so lucky. She hit a moose, spent 6 months in the ICU and has permanent brain damage. I’ll take a deer any day of the week, don’t want to press my luck. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 9
  • Love 4

21 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I'd be worried about the head accidentally falling off the wall and potentially injuring someone. Even if it was pretty unlikely to happen.

There is a hotel near me with a store inside. The hotel walls are covered with animal heads. One day I went into shop and observed a moose head, as big as me, had fallen off the wall and landed in the desk clerk's chair while she was out of it. Yikes!

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1

2 hours ago, viii said:

I'd rather hit a deer than a moose! 

Yes, but I would prefer not to hit either of them. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

What I want to know is if Rufus can speak English... and whether he learned it from a book... (Fawlty Towers reference)

• Haha 8

My dad was once hit by a deer. I’ll never forget it because it was Election Day and he wasn’t able to make it to the polling place. Everyone assumed he hit the deer, but nope, the deer hit him!

My sister however killed a bear. It had been hit already and she at least was able to end its pain. 

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

My dad was once hit by a deer. I’ll never forget it because it was Election Day and he wasn’t able to make it to the polling place. Everyone assumed he hit the deer, but nope, the deer hit him!

My sister however killed a bear. It had been hit already and she at least was able to end its pain. 

Yeah- sometimes the deer jump after you've already headed past them. I had one bump into my door this year. Another year one broke the glass on the driver's side passenger door of my brother's car. My nibling was in the back seat and traumatized. I've heard of them ending up alive in the car which is really dangerous as those hooves are deadly!

• Upvote 6

@Kiki03910 - if you don't want to kill them, you could do a catch cup.  Idk how fast scorpions are, but I am embarrassed to say it never occurred to me to use a cup to catch bugs and remove them until I started keeping tarantulas as pets.  I still don't want them loose in my house.  Like well over 30 years on this earth and I just would pretend not to see them til they went away.  I now carry a plastic cup and appropriately sized cardboard to slide under it in my bag all the time in case something needs to be rescued, and I have one in my desk at work.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

I don't like killing things, in general.  But I will kill scorpions in a second.  I woke up one night to find one running across the bed. Never put on a shoe until its checked for scorpions.  I hate scorpions!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

13 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

@Kiki03910 - if you don't want to kill them, you could do a catch cup.  Idk how fast scorpions are, but I am embarrassed to say it never occurred to me to use a cup to catch bugs and remove them until I started keeping tarantulas as pets.  I still don't want them loose in my house.  Like well over 30 years on this earth and I just would pretend not to see them til they went away.  I now carry a plastic cup and appropriately sized cardboard to slide under it in my bag all the time in case something needs to be rescued, and I have one in my desk at work.

A cup might work for the scorpions, and I thank you for pointing that out. Sadly, black widows are super fast, and centipedes just make me lose my mind (if anyone isn't in the western states, our centipdes are about 6" long and just terrifying). Thanks, @GuineaPigCourtship!

10 hours ago, kittykay said:

I don't like killing things, in general.  But I will kill scorpions in a second.  I woke up one night to find one running across the bed. Never put on a shoe until its checked for scorpions.  I hate scorpions!

I'm guessing you're in the southwest too. I've never had a scorpion run across my bed, but it's happened twice with a giant desert centipede. I'm amazed I have ever slept again!

• Upvote 3

Centipedes are way too creepy to approach. I just don't make eye contact with them, but luckily I don't live in an area where we get large ones (New England).  I think they're my least favorite bug, but I did commit a long time ago to not killing things for existing near me.  No judgement for those who live in more exotic climates, that's for sure.

• Upvote 7

On 3/26/2024 at 12:01 PM, nolongerIFBx said:

Yeah- sometimes the deer jump after you've already headed past them. I had one bump into my door this year. Another year one broke the glass on the driver's side passenger door of my brother's car. My nibling was in the back seat and traumatized. I've heard of them ending up alive in the car which is really dangerous as those hooves are deadly!

How very Rory Gilmore of you! 😅

(It's actually a plot in one Gilmore Girl episode, Rory is late for an exam, and on top of running late, her car gets hit by a deer whilst she's at a stop light. And for the rest of the episode, people think she hit a deer and can't really believer the deer slammed into her. LOL)

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

My son hit a deer a few months ago. Luckily he wasn’t hurt and the car wasn’t totaled, but it was out of commission for a long time. 

The cop that came out to assess the damage pronounced the deer dead and very much out of commission and then kindly went against protocol and gave son a ride back home. 

Fun facts: 

• The cop’s name was Fabio 
  • Yes, I had to Google him. No, he would not have been on the cover of a bodice buster
  • Absolutely no part of the deer is hanging anywhere in my house 
  • If there were a deer or moose head in my house - I would most definitely be reenacting Fawlty Towers on the regular. Missed opportunity damn it

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

Jinger presented at a Christian women’s conference. 

• Thank You 1

Jinger and Jeremy attended a screening of Candace Cameron's movie that's coming out next Friday. It's called Unsung Hero.

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 21-18-31 Jinger Vuolo (@jingervuolo) • Instagram photos and videos.png

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 6

1 hour ago, dawn9476 said:

Jinger and Jeremy attended a screening of Candace Cameron's movie that's coming out next Friday. It's called Unsung Hero.

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 21-18-31 Jinger Vuolo (@jingervuolo) • Instagram photos and videos.png

Jeremy's pants are defrauding me, and not in a good way.

• Haha 12

56 minutes ago, Kiki03910 said:

He needs to size up. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, marmalade said:

He needs to size up. 

Tight pants for men have been popular for a few years now. It confounds me. If I want to see your dick, I'll let you know. Otherwise, put it away, kthxbye.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 15

First Candice Cameron and now Mel Gibson. It’s like they are trying to pose with actors I don’t like. Maybe next will be Gwyneth Paltrow. 

7AE50B83-897E-4B8D-8016-009953ED6D79.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

38 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Does Jinger even know who Mel Gibson is? 

HEY SUGARTITS.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

Does Jinger even know who Mel Gibson is? 

She’s probably old enough to remember The Passion of the Christ.

• Upvote 8

16 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

She’s probably old enough to remember The Passion of the Christ.

Point taken. But does she know he's an eville CATHOLIC????

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

On 4/19/2024 at 12:35 PM, Kiki03910 said:

Rufus bless that made me go back and look. Stupid me. My eyes my eyes. I can’t unsee that 🤢

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7