IGNORED

Sister Wives 8: And Another One Down, Another One Bites the Dust?

Coconut Flan

My sister sent me this link from YouTube. It is a collection of Sister Wives holiday clips that is almost 23 minutes. Even if you only have a few moments, I suggest you watch the beginning of the video because it highlights Christine and Kody's struggles throughout the show. Kody has been consistent in the way he has treated Christine, and she stayed until he made it clear he wasn't going to parent his children with her the way he would parent his children with Robyn. Janelle also said Kody's treatment of her children was a huge factor in her decision to leave. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

The AUB is a card for Kody to play excusing his behavior. Didn't he say in his Mormon Podcast interview he was spiritual but not religious?

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Hulu has a documentary called Daughters of the Cult if anyone wants to watch. It’s about Ervil LeBaron and all the murders he instructed. Including Christine’s grandfather Rulon Allred. Who was the leader of a well off AUB polygamist group that Ervil was jealous of. He was murdered when she was just a child. But she never seems to talk about it. I guess it’s not something she wants to talk about. Can’t really blame her. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

The AUB is a card for Kody to play excusing his behavior. Didn't he say in his Mormon Podcast interview he was spiritual but not religious?

Except Kody was excommunicated years ago. He home churched in Vegas, but I'm not clear what he's doing since everyone left. 

• Upvote 5

11 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Except Kody was excommunicated years ago. He home churched in Vegas, but I'm not clear what he's doing since everyone left. 

I’m sure it’s the church of Kody 🙄 whatever he says goes.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m sure it’s the church of Kody 🙄 whatever he says goes.

Robyn will obey. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

God I hope that Janelle and Meri get something from the family/ property for their efforts. 

Could Robyn look any more depressed in those tell all’s, it doesn’t look like her and Kody are happy campers at all. 

• Upvote 6

On 1/4/2024 at 8:15 PM, Jrodseyeliner said:

God I hope that Janelle and Meri get something from the family/ property for their efforts. 

Could Robyn look any more depressed in those tell all’s, it doesn’t look like her and Kody are happy campers at all. 

I think Robyn looks depressed for a couple of reasons. First, while I do think Robyn is glad Christine left, I don’t think it played out the way she thought it would. I don’t think Robyn or Kody realized Christine is the glue of the family, and all of Christine and Janelle’s kids were going to all pick Christine, celebrate holidays with Christine, make sure they kept Christine in their lives. I doubt Robyn cared about all that, but Kody cared, and she has to listen to him complain about it daily, so now she cares. Second, I don’t think Robyn thought the public was going to side with Christine when she left, and not only side with Christine but blame Kody and Robyn for Christine leaving.

Third, I doubt she thought Janelle and Meri would leave. Janelle seemed to require little of Kody’s time and energy. Janelle wanted Kody to show up for her kids every now and then, especially since most were adults (Savannah was the only one underage). Janelle’s kids had their own lives, and if Kody had made an effort where he initiated repairing his relationship with Gabe and Garrison, and saw them once or twice a month, saw Savannah once every two weeks, and wholeheartedly invited them to holidays than I don’t think Janelle would have left. The public totally supports Janelle for leaving, and blames Kody for the split, and to some extent Robyn and Robyn is sick of getting lumped in with Kody. Meri also didn’t require any of Kody’s time, and Robyn liked to be a “sister wife” so Meri worked out perfectly for her. I think Robyn wanted to be a “sister wife” with Janelle and Meri because both made little demands of his time, and they still would have had the three wives required for whatever that level is in polygamy heaven.

Fourth, and I’m guessing, but I don’t think the current Kody (angry, a little unhinged) is not fun or easy to be with 24/7. Robyn made her bed, but I feel for the children in their house because that wasn’t their decision.

Fifth and probably most importantly Robyn is unsure of the future of the show and her financial security. Filming for TLC is an excellent “job” in terms of money. There are no new story lines. Christine announced before the start of season 16 she and Kody split, the split played out over season 16, and we've focused on it for two seasons, next week we are seeing Christine's marriage episodes to another man! Robyn also knows if the show ends soon Meri and Janelle, especially Janelle are going to want their cut of whatever if left, and I doubt Robyn wants to share what is rightfully theirs. That’s why I hope Meri and Janelle work together and present a united front on the financial stuff because of strength in numbers. Robyn is going to be all boohoo I have two underage children- oh well, too bad so sad Robyn and Kody cough it up for Janelle and Meri.

I think several things surprised Kody that he hasn’t wrapped his head around. I think it floored Kody Christine would actually leave. Kody underestimated the love and loyalty Christine and Janelle’s kids have for Christine, and he loves to preach about loyalty, so I think he was stunned their loyalty went to Christine, not him. I believe Kody truly loves Robyn and wants to protect her at all costs and hates that he can’t get the public on his side. He can’t even get his own children on his side. I would believe it was difficult to Kody to lose his faith in polygamy/FLDS. I know it was hard for me to acknowledge I lost my faith, so on this I can relate it is tough. Now if you lose the faith which built the foundation of your whole family, I bet that really rocks your world. I want to be clear I don’t think Kody’s approach with any of this is right. He takes no responsibility or accountability for any of his relationships with wives or children, or his actions.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, ifosterkittens said:

I think Robyn looks depressed for a couple of reasons. First, while I do think Robyn is glad Christine left, I don’t think it played out the way she thought it would. I don’t think Robyn or Kody realized Christine is the glue of the family, and all of Christine and Janelle’s kids were going to all pick Christine, celebrate holidays with Christine, make sure they kept Christine in their lives. I doubt Robyn cared about all that, but Kody cared, and she has to listen to him complain about it daily, so now she cares. Second, I don’t think Robyn thought the public was going to side with Christine when she left, and not only side with Christine but blame Kody and Robyn for Christine leaving.

Third, I doubt she thought Janelle and Meri would leave. Janelle seemed to require little of Kody’s time and energy. Janelle wanted Kody to show up for her kids every now and then, especially since most were adults (Savannah was the only one underage). Janelle’s kids had their own lives, and if Kody had made an effort where he initiated repairing his relationship with Gabe and Garrison, and saw them once or twice a month, saw Savannah once every two weeks, and wholeheartedly invited them to holidays than I don’t think Janelle would have left. The public totally supports Janelle for leaving, and blames Kody for the split, and to some extent Robyn and Robyn is sick of getting lumped in with Kody. Meri also didn’t require any of Kody’s time, and Robyn liked to be a “sister wife” so Meri worked out perfectly for her. I think Robyn wanted to be a “sister wife” with Janelle and Meri because both made little demands of his time, and they still would have had the three wives required for whatever that level is in polygamy heaven.

Fourth, and I’m guessing, but I don’t think the current Kody (angry, a little unhinged) is not fun or easy to be with 24/7. Robyn made her bed, but I feel for the children in their house because that wasn’t their decision.

Fifth and probably most importantly Robyn is unsure of the future of the show and her financial security. Filming for TLC is an excellent “job” in terms of money. There are no new story lines. Christine announced before the start of season 16 she and Kody split, the split played out over season 16, and we've focused on it for two seasons, next week we are seeing Christine's marriage episodes to another man! Robyn also knows if the show ends soon Meri and Janelle, especially Janelle are going to want their cut of whatever if left, and I doubt Robyn wants to share what is rightfully theirs. That’s why I hope Meri and Janelle work together and present a united front on the financial stuff because of strength in numbers. Robyn is going to be all boohoo I have two underage children- oh well, too bad so sad Robyn and Kody cough it up for Janelle and Meri.

I think several things surprised Kody that he hasn’t wrapped his head around. I think it floored Kody Christine would actually leave. Kody underestimated the love and loyalty Christine and Janelle’s kids have for Christine, and he loves to preach about loyalty, so I think he was stunned their loyalty went to Christine, not him. I believe Kody truly loves Robyn and wants to protect her at all costs and hates that he can’t get the public on his side. He can’t even get his own children on his side. I would believe it was difficult to Kody to lose his faith in polygamy/FLDS. I know it was hard for me to acknowledge I lost my faith, so on this I can relate it is tough. Now if you lose the faith which built the foundation of your whole family, I bet that really rocks your world. I want to be clear I don’t think Kody’s approach with any of this is right. He takes no responsibility or accountability for any of his relationships with wives or children, or his actions.

I agree with this 100 percent.. 

I think he would be awful to live with full time.. 

Once the kids matured and saw how their dad was treating them and their mums there was no going back. I just love seeing all the adult kids thriving and being happy now. Yep they are all different but they are doing good in spite of their crazy upbringing. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, ifosterkittens said:

I think several things surprised Kody that he hasn’t wrapped his head around. I think it floored Kody Christine would actually leave. Kody underestimated the love and loyalty Christine and Janelle’s kids have for Christine, and he loves to preach about loyalty, so I think he was stunned their loyalty went to Christine, not him. I believe Kody truly loves Robyn and wants to protect her at all costs and hates that he can’t get the public on his side. He can’t even get his own children on his side. I would believe it was difficult to Kody to lose his faith in polygamy/FLDS. 

I have a few thoughts. Kody has a size 52 reaction to a size 1 perceived ego bruise. He has not processed his profound feelings of loss and humiliation because he's been so busy raging, tantruming, raving, ranting, threatening, making ultimatums, rejecting his children and rewriting history, then soothing himself with excessive spending. He cannot tolerate injury to his fragile ego. His behavior is abhorrent and makes it difficult for people to feel empathy for him, despite the fact that in there somewhere is a real person suffering. This is not helped by, as @IFosterKittens says, he takes no accountability for his damaging behavior.

Secondly, our dude is not naturally a planner, schemer or hatcher of plots (except when trying to swindle money and property because he is greedy AF). He acts and reacts like an amoeba. He does not say to himself, "aha, if I tell Christine she is unf---able, I will destroy her confidence and she will get in line". His abuse is on a more visceral level. So I do not think he had a grand scheme in psychologically abusing his wives. Sadism, after all, is a trait of NPD.

What has happened to Kody since he was the happy-go-lucky,-lucky guy in Season 1 to the present day Rage Meister? (Clue: rhymes with Sobbin). I think Kody would have been a lot better off to have never met Robyn because they bring out the worst in each other.

I think Robyn started targeting Christine early in the game. This evolved into she and Kody putting Christine in the scapegoat role. They are so used to believing Christine is bad and the cause of problems that I am sure they are absolutely astonished at her popularity, both inside and outside of the family. In their cult, members are shunned when they are expelled or leave. Patriarch Kody, expected the family to reject Christine.

Robyn is certainly an interesting case study. Perhaps her toxic behavior is reflexive like Kody's, and she didn't have an end game in mind when she for years worked overtime to sabotage Kody's relationships with the OG wives. Maybe that is why she is so shocked the other wives left. Maybe all the things are true: She wanted the status (in their world) of plural marriage. She certainly seemed to relish the role of head wife, demanding apologies and homage from the OG.  She liked having Kody all to herself when she was keeping him from them. Maybe she is taking this loss so hard because being head wife was an important part of her identity.

As far as Robyn's demeanor in the episode, she reminded me of when my daughter was a teenager and I made her go to church. Fun times!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

I got to see my sister over Christmas, and lucky for me she also loves Sister Wives. We got to watch the Look and Talk Backs because our parents have cable, and we spent far too much time discussing the Brown family and all their relationship. We talked about Kody now claiming he never loved the first three wives, and that Robyn is his soulmate. I think Kody has come to that conclusion now, but I don’t think it was true at the time. I do think he loved Meri, Janelle and Christine when he married them. I think it is a pathetic cop out him now saying he never really loved them. I asked my sister this question, and now I’m asking y’all, if Kody knew he loved Robyn more than the other three, knew it was a deeper, soulmate type of love, should he have married Robyn knowing he didn’t have that with his other three wives?

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, ifosterkittens said:

I got to see my sister over Christmas, and lucky for me she also loves Sister Wives. We got to watch the Look and Talk Backs because our parents have cable, and we spent far too much time discussing the Brown family and all their relationship. We talked about Kody now claiming he never loved the first three wives, and that Robyn is his soulmate. I think Kody has come to that conclusion now, but I don’t think it was true at the time. I do think he loved Meri, Janelle and Christine when he married them. I think it is a pathetic cop out him now saying he never really loved them. I asked my sister this question, and now I’m asking y’all, if Kody knew he loved Robyn more than the other three, knew it was a deeper, soulmate type of love, should he have married Robyn knowing he didn’t have that with his other three wives?

The reason he shouldn't have married Robyn was not the uneven counterbalance of his love, but rather that she is a destructive, personality-disordered person who will leave him bankrupt. It would not have taken much "vetting" to discover her red flags. What Kody calls love is confusing. At first, the things mating were ugly bits, not souls and he was clearly confusing lust for love.

Feelings in all married relationships ebb and flow. That is why mature adults work at their commitment so their relationships can grow. No one finds a soulmate and poof, their relationship is perfect forevermore.

Plural marriage is a lot of work and Kody is lazy. He howls in outrage if anyone makes demands on him. He gravitates to what is easy and convenient. Part of Robyn's manipulation was to make the She-rah Chateau an eternal honeymoon escape. It was easy for her to isolate him from his family (a common tactic by controlling abusers) and make him believe her wishes are his ideas. You can see on those couch interviews Kody is putty in her hands.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

I wonder if David is ex AUB like Christine. If you look at some of the higher ups in the AUB, Wooley is a last name you’ll see. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder if David is ex AUB like Christine. If you look at some of the higher ups in the AUB, Wooley is a last name you’ll see. 

I read he has relatives in polygamy (as does probably quite a few in that part of the country) but he is not.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

2 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

I read he has relatives in polygamy (as does probably quite a few in that part of the country) but he is not.

In the wedding special, they said that two of David's sisters live in polygamous marriages in Mexico. But they said he had no interest in being in a polygamous marriage. They didn't say what sort of family he grew up on though. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

11 minutes ago, Baxter said:

In the wedding special, they said that two of David's sisters live in polygamous marriages in Mexico. But they said he had no interest in being in a polygamous marriage. They didn't say what sort of family he grew up on though. 

I hope they aren’t married to LeBarons.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

57 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hope they aren’t married to LeBarons.

Perhaps they’re related to Mitt Romney’s polygamous branch. 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1

Oh I loved the first wedding special.. I just love all of Janelle and Christine’s kids. I love seeing Christine thrive after years of heartbreak. As a divorced woman of someone who ran off with someone else. I understand her and her happiness after heartbreak. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 8

10 hours ago, Baxter said:

I believe he's former LDS. 

Robyn strikes me as someone who cannot cope without actively shit stirring. She's acting like she can't comprehend how three people who've willingly left a marriage are...acting like they've left a marriage! 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Giraffe said:

Robyn strikes me as someone who cannot cope without actively shit stirring. She's acting like she can't comprehend how three people who've willingly left a marriage are...acting like they've left a marriage! 

She is pretending to be happy for them but you can tell it is "how dare they be happy!"  Her kisses with Kody during the wedding special were ick and performative 🤢🤮.  It also made her look very manipulative.

I LOVED seeing Christine happy and all of the kids happy.  Janelle made me tear up when she gave her speech.  I think that David is just a "normal" guy.  There is nothing flashy about him.  He is just a normal, stable guy (at least what we have seen and how he presents in the interviews).   He is kinda boring in a good way.  Which is exactly what Christine needs - someone stable, normal, not-flashy, kinda boring, and allows for her to shine.  He doesn't diminish her shine or her personality which is fantastic and everyone deserves someone like that.  I hope that if Meri and Janelle want a romantic partner they can also find someone that matches them.  But I am so glad that Meri has found Jen who accepts her for who she is and is her true friend. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, TN-peach said:

She is pretending to be happy for them but you can tell it is "how dare they be happy!"  Her kisses with Kody during the wedding special were ick and performative 🤢🤮.  It also made her look very manipulative.

Robyn is eaten up with jealousy. Look for the big $$$ Robyn and K'Doosh vowel renewal ceremony. Gross.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

11 hours ago, TN-peach said:

But I am so glad that Meri has found Jen who accepts her for who she is and is her true friend. 

I loved watching the part of the Talk Back special where Jen joined Meri. Jen basically said everything that so many of us have been saying at home forever about the ridiculous of Kody. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

12 hours ago, Baxter said:

I loved watching the part of the Talk Back special where Jen joined Meri. Jen basically said everything that so many of us have been saying at home forever about the ridiculous of Kody. 

Have you seen the latest Instagram video they did? There was even more shade being thrown by Jen.  Jen is NOT happy that Meri is getting screwed out of land at Coyote Pass.  I saw the link on SisterWives subreddit and it was amazing. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, TN-peach said:

Have you seen the latest Instagram video they did? There was even more shade being thrown by Jen.  Jen is NOT happy that Meri is getting screwed out of land at Coyote Pass.  I saw the link on SisterWives subreddit and it was amazing. 

What's happening at Coyote Pass???

• Coconut Flan locked this topic