IGNORED

The Queen/Prince Philip

viii

3 hours ago, Lollipopgirl said:

They did not come to his  wedding because of sensitivity around the recent war but apparently he was very keen they were represented at his funeral.

Fair enough. They are his family after all.

• Upvote 2

It's nice that Penny Knatchbull is going to be there. She's been Phillip's companion for a long time. 

• Upvote 2

I think the list is pretty much as expected but I’m suprised to see Beatrice and Eugenie’s husbands on it. I had completely forgotten about Princess Margaret’s children David and Sarah but of course they would be on the list.

• Upvote 1

The Guest list:

he Queen
The Prince of Wales
The Duchess of Cornwall
The Duke of Cambridge
The Duchess of Cambridge
The Duke of Sussex
The Duke of York
Princess Beatrice
Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi
Princess Eugenie
Jack Brooksbank
The Earl of Wessex
The Countess of Wessex
Lady Louise Windsor
Viscount Severn
The Princess Royal
Vice Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence
Peter Phillips
Zara Phillips
Mike Tindall
Earl of Snowdon
Lady Sarah Chatto
Daniel Chatto
Duke of Gloucester
Duke of Kent
Princess Alexandra
Bernhard, Hereditary Prince of Baden
Prince Donatus, Landgrave of Hesse
Prince Philipp of Hohenlohe-Langenburg
The Countess Mountbatten of Burma

All of the Children and Male Grandchildren except James, Viscount Severn  will walk behind the coffin. 

• Upvote 1

Strange, I notice the Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra are attending, but their brother Prince Michael is not. It had to be tough cutting down the list with such a big family. It is probably a good thing Megan couldn't come due to her pregnancy.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, SoSoNosy said:

And they are putting Peter Phillips between William and Harry.

It’s not what you think. According to Royal Forums They are going by ranking by age with oldest in the middle which I suppose is considered the place of importance by them. 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Confused 2
  • Thank You 1

It just seems like such a petty issue to remark on. Majority of people haven’t even thought about it, I bet. It just fuels the rumours even more. 

Edited by viii
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, SoSoNosy said:

And they are putting Peter Phillips between William and Harry.

This was the first thing I saw on every news outlet when I woke up this morning. 

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

It’s not what you think. According to Royal Forums They are going by ranking by age with oldest in the middle which I suppose is considered the place of importance by them. 

Ah okay that makes sense if it’s referring to age. I would have thought they’d go by ranking.

• Upvote 1

It’s interesting to see the choices that were made in the guest list. It’s pretty much an open acknowledgment that Penny Romsey was his mistress (she’s listed as “Countess Mountbatten of Burma,” which is technically correct and also very easy to confuse with her late mother-in-law, who was Philip’s first cousin). Her husband is not invited, probably to his relief. Also on the no-invite list: Prince Michael of Kent (who is related to both Philip and Elizabeth and his siblings are attending, so that’s pretty cold), Lady Pamela Hicks (who is 91 and probably doesn’t want to go), and of course the Duchess of York, who probably wouldn’t have made the cut if St. Paul’s was packed to the rafters.

Except for Lady Sarah Chatto, everyone who isn’t a child or grandchild doesn’t get to bring their spouse. I’m not sure that I would have invited the Yorks’ son-in-laws, who were family members just at the very end of Philip’s long life. Possibly having them take up those spaces avoided choosing between other family and friends.

Sophie Wessex described the moment of his death, so she was at his side. I wonder if they had a family group there, or were taking turns. She was more emotional about it than anyone else, but of course she wasn’t born into the stiff-upper-lip tradition. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

53 minutes ago, adidas said:

Ah okay that makes sense if it’s referring to age. I would have thought they’d go by ranking.

It’s not by age, because Peter is older then William. It’s weird and the fact that they’re commenting on it is so petty. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, viii said:

It’s not by age, because Peter is older then William.

Tabitha explained that they were going by age with oldest in the middle, which means Peter is in the middle of William and Harry. 

So according to you - if it’s not by age because Peter is older than William (thereby putting him in the middle) I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here. 

@adidas Sorry, I ignore her posts for the most part. It makes zero sense to put oldest in the middle. If it’s an age thing, they should go from oldest to youngest. However, the real reason is to split William and Harry due to tensions and by releasing that bogus statement, they’re drawing more attention to it than necessary. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

Real reason? You can sound incredibly arrogant. They can go by any order they want!. Peter Is the eldest grandchild so  can be front and center this once 

11 minutes ago, viii said:

@adidas Sorry, I ignore her posts for the most part. It makes zero sense to put oldest in the middle. If it’s an age thing, they should go from oldest to youngest. However, the real reason is to split William and Harry due to tensions and by releasing that bogus statement, they’re drawing more attention to it than necessary. 

• Downvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 2

I have no issue with Peter. I think he should be first as the eldest grandchild, instead of William. ?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

That’s your opinion. Cool. But The Middle for Peter Phillips is obviously what they consider appropriate and fitting so That’s all that counts.  There is no one right way to position Grandsons at funerals :) 

• Move Along 2

1 hour ago, viii said:

Lol if this is what ignoring her posts looks like ...

Anyway. We all know that it’s to split W&H. People are not stupid, they notice and will comment. Making an observation is not petty.

Buckingham Palace has made no comment the order of marching. The only statement made is:

"We're not going to be drawn into those perceptions of drama, or anything like that. This is a funeral. The arrangements have been agreed, and they represent her majesty's wishes.”

IMO that’s not bogus at all.

49 minutes ago, viii said:

I have no issue with Peter. I think he should be first as the eldest grandchild, instead of William. ?

He is behind his Aunt and Uncles, and is then equal with William and Harry. William is not first, neither is Peter.

The order released is:

Princess Anne will walk beside Prince Charles, with younger siblings Prince Edward and Prince Andrew behind them.

In the third line will be Prince Harry, Peter Phillips and Prince William — with Princess Anne's eldest child placed between the brothers.

Princess Anne's husband, Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence, will be in the procession behind them, alongside Princess Margaret's son (and the Queen's nephew) David Armstrong-Jones, The Earl of Snowdon.

Prince Philip's personal protection officer, private secretary, two pages and two valets will form the last three lines in the procession.

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 3

The order makes sense if you see it as William goes first as the heir and then everyone else is in age order. 

"Going by age order and then putting the eldest in the middle" is so illogical I can't follow what people are trying to say there.

I don't know why the order is so important anyway. Stuff like this makes me glad we have no monarchs.

• Upvote 6
  • Move Along 1
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

I am so sorry; all the "news" magazines have worded it that the Queen ruled they walk apart; I was thinking that was a smart move, just in case emotion got the better of their dignity.

• Upvote 3

That’s a bit much. I really don’t think William and Harry are going to start a fistfight or arguing at the funeral do you? 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

I just think some people here are looking for things to criticize and be suspicious of as well as thinking too much into things and The idea that Peter Phillips was put in between them to stop a potential Jerry Springer brawl at grandads church service is just silly. William and Harry are highest  ranking grandchildren and Phillip is the oldest grandchild of all and they found fit to put him in the middle. 

Obviously I don’t know the Queen, but ‘knowing’ her and how much she loves her family it could have been that she wanted to spare William and Harry the ridiculous media nitpicking as the tabloids dissected photos of W or H looking sideways and showing emotion at their Grandfather’s funeral. The poor things. I can just see the Daily Mail’s headlines: “SEE the photo that PROVES William and Harry had angry words BEFORE the funeral” along with them being red eyed. Ugh.

I feel sorry for Her Majesty, that she even has to deal with family stuff at the moment. I was reading an article blasting Prince Andrew and I think he is the one worth of the most disgust and anger right now. I’ll see if I can find it in my history, to copy over. 

• Upvote 5

Here it is. It was from a rolling updates blog, so a link will quickly be out of date.  It references The Sun, which is usually garbage, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Royal experts have ripped into Prince Andrew for reportedly making a fuss over what he will wear to his father's funeral tomorrow, The Sun reports.

It comes as Prince Harry faced being the only man not in uniform in the procession.

Royal biographer Angela Levin said the Queen – who was forced to step in and suggest all men wear suits on the day – has got "much, much more to cope with than deciding on what male family members should wear for her for her adored husband's funeral." 

Former BBC royal correspondent Peter Hunt also shared his disappointment with the princes. 

He said it was "striking that Andrew thought he could use his father's funeral to advance his rehabilitation," after he reportedly asked to wear an admiral's uniform.

"Now, Harry won't be the loner in a suit and Andrew won't wear a uniform with extra lace. His attempts to accelerate his rehabilitation have stuttered," he said of the Queen's solution.

Harry, 36, was stripped of his three military titles when he quit royal duty, while Prince Andrew has stepped back from public duties following public criticism over his friendship with Jeffrey Epstein.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

• Coconut Flan changed the title to The Queen/Prince Philip
  • samurai_sarah locked and unlocked this topic