IGNORED

The Queen/Prince Philip

viii

She must have missed having dogs, which I understand. My grandma is 91 this year, and she has 2 dogs that really are the highlight of her life right now, especially with COVID forcing her to be away from pretty much everyone. I'm sure the queen has people that can take care of the dogs' needs, so she can enjoy their companionship. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 6

I think the Queen just missed having corgis around, especially during the pandemic lockdown. Especially now with her husband in the hospital, she probably missed the companionship even more.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

To me, this is a good example of how much her life is dictated by "duty".  Don't you think she would much rather be by the side of her husband, while he undergoes heart surgery at nearly 100?  But she is bound to all the work she has to do on a daily basis, and to Windsor Castle.

• Sad 1
  • Love 1

Eh, they were living separately for a very long time. He'd been living in a different house on the Sandringham Estate for quite sometime when Covid hit. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

She won’t go to the hospital to see him as it will cause a huge disruption to staff and patients alike. The same reason she never visits hospitals. 

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

She won’t go to the hospital to see him as it will cause a huge disruption to staff and patients alike. The same reason she never visits hospitals. 

What? LOL, she visits hospitals! I've seen her! One occasion that stands out is when she went to visit the victims of the bombing at that Ariana Grande concert. 

So much for rules. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

Here's a nice picture: 

image.thumb.png.2aea11bee4d5003fa960ab8ed85ccafc.png

This is cute: 

image.png.cfaabfea79efb9957c13848d27b1f8a6.png

And another: 

image.thumb.png.dca8f05eab837b9af08bf150f0a531b7.png

There's tons more, but you all get the idea. ?

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

She probably makes a distinction between a planned official visit and a private one to visit a family member.  One is part and parcel of "her job" and by its nature involves security and disruption.  The other is optional and would entail disruption that she can avoid by staying home.  

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

He had the heart surgery in an NHS hospital where you aren’t allowed visitors apart from in a few specific circumstances. Now that he’s back in a private hospital the rules might be different but it would still look bad if Philip was getting visitors when the majority of hospitalised people in the country can’t have any.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

My bad.  I haven't had anybody close in the hospital, and totally forgot that hospital patients aren't allowed visitors.  Things have opened up some around here, and I also forgot that's not the same in other places.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Karma said:

Amazing. If he goes on like that, he will outlive us all (that’s what I tell my grandmother. She is amazing)

Jokes aside, I think he will make the 100 but we might not see him again afterwards till his death. 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Amazing. If he goes on like that, he will outlive us all (that’s what I tell my grandmother. She is amazing)

Jokes aside, I think he will make the 100 but we might not see him again afterwards till his death. 

Doesn't the queen send telegrams to citizens when they turn 100?  Wouldn't that be cute if she sent him one?

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

I’m glad he’s home and seems to be recovering well - and I’m also glad that the media’s lies and exaggeration were wrong on this one.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

On 2/21/2021 at 3:01 PM, tabitha2 said:

On more somber note I see Elizabeth going down very quickly when Philip dies. Losing literally the only man she ever loved since she was 13 and her Rock for over 70 years may me just too much. 

Once one of them goes I don't think the other will be around too long.  That often happens when couples are married for a very long time where one goes and the other follows.

Something I came across in researching family history was one of my great-great-grandfathers told his spouse when she was dying that he'd be along soon as he would "answer the summons of the Almighty" himself.  I think it was about six months after she died that he passed on.  And he was only 65 when he passed.   

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

The Queen has out lived both her parents, her sister, virtually all of her old friends. Only a very few cousins and Phillip are left. Being this old is both a curse and a blessing.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 3

48 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Once one of them goes I don't think the other will be around too long.  That often happens when couples are married for a very long time where one goes and the other follows.

Something I came across in researching family history was one of my great-great-grandfathers told his spouse when she was dying that he'd be along soon as he would "answer the summons of the Almighty" himself.  I think it was about six months after she died that he passed on.  And he was only 65 when he passed.   

This happened to my parents.  After my mom died my dad just changed....he lost his color and 4 months later he passed as well.  

They had been divorced for decades, but he was still in love with her and they were best buddies at the end (weird, I know.)

You can die of a broken heart, I've seen it.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 14

I can't imagine how hard it would be to not only lose one parent, but then have the second parent follow quite quickly. It would be nice to know that they're reunited and one isn't sad/suffering, but damn that would be hard for the family left behind. 

• Love 6

7 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Doesn't the queen send telegrams to citizens when they turn 100?  Wouldn't that be cute if she sent him one?

She sent one to her mother, so I expect Philip will get one too.

I remember watching the Queen Mother get hers, I think it was opened by a soldier on guard duty using his sword.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, 47of74 said:

I am not too sure. The Queen and the DoE have allegedly not spent a lot of time together in the last years. She might not even notice his absence in her day to day life that much. It could still have a massive impact. Also, seeing all your peers die is obviously hard and probably leaves a big underlying feeling of loneliness and feeling a bit displaced? I am not sure I can transport what I mean well.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

That’s true. But she is literally the only man she ever wanted as her husband. She saw him at 13 ,never looked at anyone else and even squabbled with her adored parents over him.  

• Love 1

28 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

I am not too sure. The Queen and the DoE have allegedly not spent a lot of time together in the last years. She might not even notice his absence in her day to day life that much. It could still have a massive impact. Also, seeing all your peers die is obviously hard and probably leaves a big underlying feeling of loneliness and feeling a bit displaced? I am not sure I can transport what I mean well.

I was thinking this, too. It’d be different if they were spending most of their days together but from what I understand they probably haven’t seen much of each other daily for quite some time. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

That’s true. But she is literally the only man she ever wanted as her husband. She saw him at 13 ,never looked at anyone else and even squabbled with her adored parents over him.  

I am such a sucker for this kind of thing...you're making my cynical old heart need to read about their romance.  

• Upvote 1
  • Love 5

• Coconut Flan changed the title to The Queen/Prince Philip
  • samurai_sarah locked and unlocked this topic