IGNORED

The Queen/Prince Philip

viii

On 4/19/2021 at 3:43 PM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Likely a sunburn. It’s spring planting season and he’s probably spending a lot of time in the garden. Apparently he has a notion that sunscreen is bad for you. 

If he's really that anti-sunscreen, he really ought to wear a wide-brimmed hat when he gardens. Skin cancer is no joke! 

• Upvote 4

Harry could not even bother to stay for grandmothers birthday.He can demand money And perks with no compunction but can’t stay for another few days for a woman he claims to love and respect so much? She does not have all that many more birthdays to celebrate either. I bet Phillip is rolling over in his grave. 

Meghan is not due for a while or likely to go into early labor that we know of, does not have a job or childcare to worry about so that’s not a valid excuse 

Chump. 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 2
  • Downvote 4
  • Eyeroll 3

Having been obliged to sit alone at the funeral due to strict British coronavirus regulations, the queen is also thought unlikely to see her family on her birthday. She is likely to spend the day at Windsor Castle with only a small bubble of staff. Current English coronavirus rules forbid families from gathering inside, however gatherings outside or in gardens are permitted.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/prince-harry-flies-home-skipping-queens-birthday-as-hopes-fade-for-reconciliation?ref=scroll

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

How did anyone expect him to actually see her? He's not in her bubble, none of her family is. The royal family has made no secret that the Queen is really just residing at Windsor Castle with a few staff members and she's only able to visit certain family members outside (ie Charles). 

You can blame Harry for a lot of things, but not seeing his grandmother during Covid isn't one of them. 

Chump

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

I don't put anyone on actual ignore, because I feel like that disrupts the purpose of a message board for me. There's no fun/point in only communicating with people who agree 100% with what you say. A certain amount of disagreement is healthy and beneficial for all discussions. There are a handful of posters who I try to actively not engage all the time, because I'm a firm believer that some people post for attention whether it's good or bad, and I hate to reward their bad behavior. Sometimes they provide actual use to a topic, though, and I have no problem acknowledging that. 

• Upvote 6
  • Fuck You 1
  • I Agree 3

I have an opinion. It’s neither good nor bad. Just my opinion. 

Harry saw his brother and sister and law and dad and they were not in his Bubble.  He could have attended an outside event for his grandma. 

I wonder if he got right on the phone to his BFF Oprah and Gayle though to share what was said or if he told his wifey and she did. Why not? They did it before! 

His actions alone have already make him a punk and chump. 

• Downvote 1

Um, neither Charles nor William will be there for her birthday either... Both have left the area, Charles gone to Wales and William seems to be at Sandringham or Anmer. 

Why is Harry getting shit for something neither Charles nor William care to do?

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, viii said:

How did anyone expect him to actually see her? He's not in her bubble, none of her family is. The royal family has made no secret that the Queen is really just residing at Windsor Castle with a few staff members and she's only able to visit certain family members outside (ie Charles). 

You can blame Harry for a lot of things, but not seeing his grandmother during Covid isn't one of them. 

Chump

Yep, this is all true. Harry wouldn't be able to offer the Queen much comfort from six feet away, and I don't think she's in the mood for the kind of emotional conversations they'd need to have before they could move forward. Plus, Meghan has already lost one pregnancy, so I'm sure Harry wants to be back to support her as soon as possible. 

I'd say the bigger issue are the sudden flurry of leaks about how Meghan's been striving to be the family peacemaker (after Kate got good press for stepping back to let the brothers talk) and how the BRF could start making amends by giving them back their titles, security and money (despite the massive Netflix and Spotify deals). 

Edited by Xanariel
  • Upvote 8

I haven't seen those leaks, but I have seen leaks about Kate being the peacemaker and the rock and anchor of the monarchy. 

Edited by anjulibai
  • Upvote 4

50 minutes ago, Xanariel said:

I'd say the bigger issue are the sudden flurry of leaks about how Meghan's been striving to be the family peacemaker and how the BRF could start making amends by giving them back their titles, security and money (despite the massive Netflix and Spotify deals). 

Where's those leaks at? The only ones I've seen are about Kate playing peacemaker.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

I have an opinion. It’s neither good nor bad. Just my opinion. 

Harry saw his brother and sister and law and dad and they were not in his Bubble.  He could have attended an outside event for his grandma. 

You are more than entitled to your opinion and I've found there have been times that I have agreed with them. 

To be fair, we don't know that Harry didn't meet privately with his Grandma before he flew home. He might have had a wonderful conversation with her outside or via phone/zoom. 

54 minutes ago, Xanariel said:

Yep, this is all true. Harry wouldn't be able to offer the Queen much comfort from six feet away, and I don't think she's in the mood for the kind of emotional conversations they'd need to have before they could move forward.

This is true. For all we know, perhaps Harry attempted to have several conversations with her but she's not in the right mental space for it right now. She is grieving and is probably tired and overwhelmed. Having such discussions might not be the best decision for her right now. 

At the end of the day, there's plenty of aspects to their relationship that we just don't know and I don't think it's fair to criticize him over a speculation. 

• Upvote 11

On 4/20/2021 at 6:18 PM, omilona said:

He does not have porphyria. He could very well have some rosacea. I’ve thought that on a few occasions. Sun makes it worse. 

• Upvote 6

The last known family member to have it was William of Gloucester a cousin of Liz’s who died in 1972. But of course the gene is still there waiting to pop up as is hemophilia. 

3 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

The last known family member to have it was William of Gloucester a cousin of Liz’s who died in 1972. But of course the gene is still there waiting to pop up as is hemophilia. 

Hemophilia is carried by females. Males who carry the gene have it.  The current family are from the male line of Victoria and there’s no evidence that Edward VII or any of his direct make heirs had it. The Queen would then have to have inherited the gene from her mother in order to carry it. 

• Upvote 7

6 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

He does not have porphyria. He could very well have some rosacea. I’ve thought that on a few occasions. Sun makes it worse. 

Ah, I feel for him if he has rosacea. That’s brutal. At least I can wear makeup to cover up on flare up days. 

Edited by viii
  • Upvote 3

21 hours ago, viii said:

To be fair, we don't know that Harry didn't meet privately with his Grandma before he flew home. He might have had a wonderful conversation with her outside or via phone/zoom. 

This is true. For all we know, perhaps Harry attempted to have several conversations with her but she's not in the right mental space for it right now. She is grieving and is probably tired and overwhelmed. Having such discussions might not be the best decision for her right now. 

I read an article today quoting Harry as saying both the Queen and Prince Phillip had used zoom frequently to speak to them and to see Archie, and saying that Meghan and Archie had spoken to the Queen over the phone before the funeral. I tend to hope that is more true than all the "OOOOOoooooooooOOOOOOHHH! He left before her BIIIIIIRTHDAAAAAY!" articles. Typed that way because they remind me of middle school gossip, frankly.

I think nobody knows the full truth, least of all the media.

• Upvote 13

I'm still scratching my head at getting pissed at Harry for leaving before the Queen's birthday when Charles and William did the same. 

Especially given that they don't live on a different continent and have to take a long ass flight home and then quarantine for 10 days afterward. 

Really, head-scratching. 

• Upvote 7

The Palace made it really clear that the Queen would be celebrating her birthday privately, alone, with just staff. I'm not surprised, though, that certain posters will hate on Harry for something and excuse Charles and William. Some people just like to live in their heads. ?‍♀️

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

Especially given that they don't live on a different continent and have to take a long ass flight home and then quarantine for 10 days afterward. 

Away from their toddler and very pregnant wife whose last pregnancy ended in miscarriage, as well. I imagine if the Queen had asked him to stay, or if there was any sort of celebration planned, he'd probably have stayed. But there's no reason for him to be there if she was already planning a low-key private birthday and no one else in the family would be there either. Especially considering he's not part of her bubble. He can call or zoom her from the US just as easily as from whatever cottage he was in while in London.

Also I haven't watched the Oprah interview, but I know there was kind of a "oooh, who is the racist in the royal family!" drama, wasn't there? Were there any hints about who it actually was? Because not gonna lie I just assumed it was Princess Michael based on some clueless things she's done/said in the past.

• Upvote 4

I also wonder if Meghan isn't further along & about to have the second baby soon which would also make him hurry back home.

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan changed the title to The Queen/Prince Philip
  • samurai_sarah locked and unlocked this topic