IGNORED

The Queen/Prince Philip

viii

That makes more sense. I was super confused about why Edward wouldn't be at peace since I don't think he cares about Sussex drama that much, it only puts him in a better light, really. 

@tabitha2 did you write this: https://people.com/royals/prince-charles-let-down-racism-claims-meghan-harry-oprah-interview/ ?

Edited by viii
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

I suppose Edward feels the same anger, embarrassment and concern about this hot mess that anyone else would feel if it was their family, worries over how the effects his parents esp. his dad  and his Telling James and Louise only half jokingly  he is going to pick their spouses  please and thank you LOL

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

On 3/16/2021 at 7:18 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

This happened to my parents.  After my mom died my dad just changed....he lost his color and 4 months later he passed as well.  

They had been divorced for decades, but he was still in love with her and they were best buddies at the end (weird, I know.)

You can die of a broken heart, I've seen it.

My dad stayed with us long enough to attend mums funeral. He died 3weeks after her. They were just short of their 60th wedding anniversary. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 13

2 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

My dad stayed with us long enough to attend mums funeral. He died 3weeks after her. They were just short of their 60th wedding anniversary. 

I'm so sorry.  It's such a hard thing.

• Sad 1
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

On 3/17/2021 at 11:58 AM, viii said:

Yeah, Philip was super problematic as a match for her, but she certainly knew her own mind and refused to budge. Young Philip was quite the dish, though. I think she met him at 13 and then began exchanging letters with him and was wed at 18. 

She did meet Philip at 13, but they didn't wed until 1947, when she was 21. I don't blame her a bit for refusing to budge and waiting so long, he was definitely a dish! ?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Buckingham Palace has announced that Trooping the Colour has been cancelled in its usual form due to the pandemic. Alternative ideas are being considered.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

Off topic, but since William and Kate don’t have their own thread it can go here. 

Kate’s sister Pippa has given birth to a little girl named Grace Elizabeth Jane. 

I think it’s sweet that the Middleton sisters gave their daughters each other’s middle name. 

Pippa is Philippa Charlotte and Kate is Catherine Elizabeth (Elizabeth is also the middle name of both Kate’s daughter Charlotte and her mum Carole).

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 5

On 3/18/2021 at 5:47 PM, Gobsmacked said:

I’m sorry. It’s always tough. 

A family friend recently passed away at 78 just 32 days after her husband of 63 years died suddenly. Yes, they married when she was 15. Their only child died of colon cancer three weeks before his father. We all agree that she died of a broken heart. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 12
  • Love 4

• 3 weeks later...

CBS News just had the breaking news that Phillip has died. 

• Sad 2
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

Live BBC broadcasts have stopped to show the announcement and national anthem. 

• Thank You 5
  • Love 1

The Queen has released a statement confirming the death of her beloved husband. He passed away peacefully at Windsor Castle this morning. 

• Thank You 7
  • Love 1

From CNN

Prince Philip, the lifelong companion of Britain's Queen Elizabeth II, has died, Buckingham Palace announced Friday. He was 99. 

In a statement, the palace said: "It is with deep sorrow that Her Majesty The Queen announces the death of her beloved husband, His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. His Royal Highness passed away peacefully this morning at Windsor Castle. Further announcements will be made in due course. The Royal Family join with people around the world in mourning his loss. 

The duke had been admitted to the King Edward VII Hospital in London hospital on February 17 after feeling unwell. The palace later confirmed that he was being treated for an infection. On March 1, he was transferred to St. Bartholomew's Hospital, also in London, where doctors continued to treat the infection as well as undertake testing for a pre-existing heart condition. After heart surgery, the duke was discharged from hospital in mid-March. 

Philip, also known by his official title of the Duke of Edinburgh, was the longest-serving British consort. He married the then Princess Elizabeth in 1947 after a courtship that charmed a country still reeling from the ravages of World War II.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Sad news for us Brits really, and others I’m sure. Whatever you think of the Royal  Family he gave 70 years of service to the UK. They don’t make them like that anymore.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Whatever your thoughts are on Phillip personally, that was the last person in E's circle since she was a child to go?

I had a feeling we were going to lose one of them soon ?

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, kachuu said:

Whatever your thoughts are on Phillip personally, that was the last person in E's circle since she was a child to go?

I had a feeling we were going to lose one of them soon ?

I think some of her cousins are still alive. They’re all getting on a bit now!

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Oh no. My thoughts and prayers are with the Royal Family and the people of the UK.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

It’s a shame he didn’t make 100, he was so close. Sad day for the royal family. Hopefully they’re allowed to gather together to mourn. I’m not sure what UK restrictions are at the present moment. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I woke up and saw the alert on my phone this morning. It's too bad he didn't get to live to be 100, but he did live a long life.

Edited by ADoyle90815
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

That's too bad. He lived a good long life. 

I'm glad he passed away peacefully.  Getting old is hard enough without having to suffer and fight on your way out.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 10

Passing away peacefully is always the way to go. May he R.I.P.

Feeling bad for Queen Elizabeth. Losing the love of your life is never easy. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

The death of a beloved husband, father and grandfather is sad enough as is but everyone we lose another one of the greatest generation it’s even more bittersweet.

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan changed the title to The Queen/Prince Philip
  • samurai_sarah locked and unlocked this topic