IGNORED

The Queen/Prince Philip

viii

9 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Also I haven't watched the Oprah interview, but I know there was kind of a "oooh, who is the racist in the royal family!" drama, wasn't there? Were there any hints about who it actually was? Because not gonna lie I just assumed it was Princess Michael based on some clueless things she's done/said in the past.

There's rumor that it was Princess Anne but there's zero proof behind those claims. 

Judging from William's "I'm not a racist, I have black friends!" PR, I'm going to assume it was probably him. We will likely never know the truth, though, unless Harry/Meghan name them. Which, given their track record.... could easily happen, lol. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

I wouldn’t read anything into Harry (or any other family members) not staying for the Queen’s birthday. She just lost her spouse. She probably doesn’t feel up to much of a birthday celebration this year. My mother passed on my last birthday (if she’d been aware, she would have done her best to hang on for another 24 hours). The abrupt switch from birthday greetings to condolence messages once the word got out was an experience I hope never to repeat. Celebration was the last thing on my mind that week. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 15

16 hours ago, viii said:

There's rumor that it was Princess Anne but there's zero proof behind those claims. 

Judging from William's "I'm not a racist, I have black friends!" PR, I'm going to assume it was probably him. We will likely never know the truth, though, unless Harry/Meghan name them. Which, given their track record.... could easily happen, lol. 

I actually think it's more likely to be one of the Queen's kids or their spouses. 

They said "senior royal", so it's not any of the Gloucesters or Kents, including Princess Michael. The Sussexes ruled out the Queen or Philip, which leaves Charles, Camilla, Andrew, Edward, Sophie, William and Kate. 

Harry had no problem attacking Charles in the interview for refusing to fund him - including implying that the security/title issue was linked to Archie's race, so it would seem odd for him to suddenly clam up and not name him as the person responsible. 

Similarly, they were happy to name William and Kate in the interview - including the whole "Kate made Meghan cry" which UK royal journalists said was heavily disputed by their sources - so to baulk at pointing the finger there seems strange. Harry also seemed to believe he could and would reconcile with William, which doesn't seem an attitude to take to someone you think made a malicious comment about your child.

That leaves Camilla, Anne, the Wessexes and Andrew. Harry is very chummy with Andrew's family, so I'm not sure if he'd drag him into this. Camilla tends to keep out of things, but is a possibility. Anne and the Wessexes also could be a possibility, but wouldn't be a very exciting reveal (which could be a motive for keeping the name hidden). 

Either way, I think they may as well name the person. If it's Charles or William, it's not going to knock their throne - the UK as a whole doesn't really care about this. Ditto for Kate and Camilla. If it's Anne or the Wessexes, they're already allegedly furious at Harry so he won't lose anything there. If it's Andrew...can't really make his reputation worse, can they? 

• Upvote 7

By not specifically naming anyone person they are keeping people talking and guessing and also getting  a large number of people blamed unfairly.. Wow. It shows how terribly racist they all are !1!  Poor Meg was the Victim of them all and so on. 

If they had said then well thats it one person is the bad guy.  Let’s burn this one man or woman in effigy.

But It’s just not a damaging or article worth worthy is it? 

IMO The Whole thing was calculated  for effect. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

On 4/23/2021 at 12:50 PM, tabitha2 said:

By not specifically naming anyone person they are keeping people talking and guessing and also getting  a large number of people blamed unfairly..

And how will the poor royals deal with people thinking that they're racist? When they go into job interviews, they'll--well, no, they don't have to do that. But when they're on Twitter, they'll--well, no, they don't really have those. Okay, I've got it. Think of the future episode of The Crown, that show that they don't watch. Yes, I'm sure that'll really devastate them. Poor lambs. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
  • Haha 3

No one likes their parents and siblings much less yourself insulted and accused on prime time television esp when it’s your own blood doing it because they have an entitled grudge  at not getting their unreasonable demands catered to. 

• Downvote 4
  • Bless Your Heart 2

Princess Michael is certainly clueless, but is she close enough to the Royal Inner Circle that they would even be aware of anything she said?

They said naming them would cause damage. Everybody already knows Princess Michael is a racist shit, so I doubt it’s her. I really believe it’s either Charles, Camilla, William or Kate. I don’t think anyone else in the family has the popularity where it would matter as much. 

• Upvote 4

They said naming them would cause damage. Everybody already knows Princess Michael is a racist shit, so I doubt it’s her. I really believe it’s either Charles, Camilla, William or Kate. I don’t think anyone else in the family has the popularity where it would matter as much. 

Why do we assume they are telling the truth? Naming anyone would cause damage to that person’s feelings at least, and they are good at stretching the truth to fit their narrative. I think it was Andrew or Princess Michael, and they haven’t named them BECAUSE no one will care. They need people to keep caring to keep their names in the news.
  • Upvote 6

That would be a pretty bold thing to lie about, and when discussed afterwards about their claim, reputable sources confirmed that Meghan had proof of the conversations so I doubt it’s a lie. However, making it bigger than it was for publicity’s sake wouldn’t surprise me. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

I wasn’t clear - I don’t think they lied about it happening, I think that it was a “senior royal” and it would be “damaging” might be as much of a stretch as “we got married three days before the ceremony.”

• Upvote 6

I’m a white person who has (obviously) never experienced racism. I’m reluctant to say that their experience wasn’t racist.

On the other hand, the statement released saying that ‘recollections vary’ makes me think that the royal family also have proof of what was said.

So I guess it’s a case of ‘he said, she said’ until someone spills the tea.

H&M have been known to be dishonest and to exaggerate (eg “we got married 3 days before the wedding”). Is this another case of that happening? I hate that I’m even wondering because ... like I said - I’m white and it’s not my place to question whether something was racist. The world needs to be more aware of racism, not less.

I’m really torn on it so I’m happy to sit and observe here on the fence until proof is given either way (and I don’t think proof will ever be given). 

• Upvote 11

White people get racism. Trust me I know. No one race or sex has the the premium on ignorance or bigotry or ugliness toward others. If you tolerate and accept it or ignore from any person be they white or minority you are a racist as well. 

“If I were white, there would be no way possible that I would sit in company – any company – in my family, and have somebody called a [redacted], or kike, or a wap, or dago, or greaser, or something,” Angelou says. “I will not sit in my company, with all black people, with my family, and have anybody called a honkey. I will not do it.”

Edited by tabitha2
  • Downvote 8
  • Bless Your Heart 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1

The marriage story I give them a pass. I can understand wanting to get married privately and say vows that you might not want to say in front of millions of people. They weren’t legally married before May 19th but I can understand the sentiment of a ceremony beforehand. 

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 3

I do think the Sussexes are being weirdly cagey about the whole thing. They specifically came out after the interview to say that it wasn't the Queen or Philip (whom I think everyone had assumed was the most likely suspect). They could have cleared all the other senior royals then, but instead they want suspicion on a select group of people without naming the actual culprit, which does seem sketchy. 

Truthfully, I don't think that it's actually going to be damaging if revealed. The UK is the country whose opinions the royals have to worry about, and it was Meghan and Harry's popularity there that plunged after the interview, not William, Kate or Charles'. 

And unfortunately for Harry there's only one living senior royal who was filmed using racist slurs, and it's very difficult to publicly attack a family member for speculating over an unborn child's skin colour (even if it was in context a malicious microaggression) when you yourself claimed that calling a colleague "our little P**i friend" and saying to another "fuck me, you look like a ***head" was only idle army banter. 

Edited by Xanariel
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

You know I could respect that if she had something of that nature. It’s nice. But for that fact she flat out said she called up the officiant and said he officially married them. 

59 minutes ago, viii said:

The marriage story I give them a pass. I can understand wanting to get married privately and say vows that you might not want to say in front of millions of people. They weren’t legally married before May 19th but I can understand the sentiment of a ceremony beforehand. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

You know I could respect that if she had something of that nature. It’s nice. But for that fact she flat out said she called up the officiant and said he officially married them. 

I agree. The point isn’t that it happened, the point is that they have a history of stretching the truth to fit their narrative, and now what they say is suspect.
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, viii said:

I don't think anyone here is criticizing them for saying their vows privately before the public ceremony. I couldn't care less. 

But they claimed they were married before the ceremony. Which is categorically untrue. This points to them twisting narratives, not realizing the importance of being accurate with their words, or misunderstanding things. I think it's a combo of all three.

I think Harry is emotional and impetuous. I've known people like this who get caught up in their emotions and feel what they're saying is real and think this trumps accuracy. I think Meghan is used to selling creatively constructed narratives as an actress as a normal part of publicity and doesn't understand this is a whole different ball game, as well as still not understanding all of the royal legalities and intricacies. 

I'm not saying either is a pathological liar but I think it's fair to take what anyone says in this mess with a big grain of salt. 

• Upvote 16

11 hours ago, viii said:

That would be a pretty bold thing to lie about, and when discussed afterwards about their claim, reputable sources confirmed that Meghan had proof of the conversations so I doubt it’s a lie. However, making it bigger than it was for publicity’s sake wouldn’t surprise me. 

Their stories didn’t even match.  And they’ve been caught in multiple lies. So there is that.  

• Upvote 5

If they can lie so blatantly and about something so easy to disprove whole can they be trusted  about other things they say and infer?  Now everything needs to be taken with a grain of salt 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, viii said:

Anything anyone says should be taken with a grain of salt. 

I don’t immediately distrust and second guess people until they give cause to. There are honest people out there after all. 

There are honest people out there but nobody speaks from a 100% factual stance. Emotions and bias colour every word a person speaks and you just have to take a grain of salt with anything you hear. It’s not an insult. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan changed the title to The Queen/Prince Philip
  • samurai_sarah locked and unlocked this topic