IGNORED

Lawson and Tiffany 8: Lawson Still Doesn't Work

Coconut Flan

19 hours ago, patsymae said:

Or out of desperation, confusion over what Western-style adoption actually means (in the case of adoption from non-Western countries), pressure from adoption brokers, outright being duped by adoption brokers, powerlessness, emotional manipulation...

And sometimes just because  their families force them to abandon the kid because "honor". Just exactly as it happened in Western countries until single mothers were socially accepted. Or because the babies are special needs (some ethnic groups do not accept special needs babies). 

• Upvote 4

A friend of mine adopted her daughter from a country in West Africa - maybe Ghana - and she said they were completely lied to about her daughter's history.  She was in an orphanage there because her family didn't have funds to care for her, but my friend was told that her mother didn't want her due a drug addiction.  Friend discovered that not only was there family that wanted her, she also had a younger brother they hadn't disclosed in the same orphanage.  I have not confirmed any of the following, but friend told me that people don't go to orphanages and adopt children in this culture.  It is intended as a place to leave them when parents plan on coming back when able so they expect the kids to still be there later.  Basically, a lot of western adoption in places with a similar mindset is child trafficking.

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 9
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

New video up. Apparently Duke has moved to Nashville. They also address Tiffy's health issues. If she was pregnant, they wouldn't announce that way. And I guess they go sailing, and that will probably be 3/4 of the video. 🙄

• Upvote 1

Seems Tiffany has a low white blood cell count. Weakened immune system. She said "well we travel a lot."  And, they want her eating more protein heavy diet.  And they want to do an ultrasound of her lower abdomen because she's been having pain. They're also getting a second dog so Duke can have a buddy. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 7

14 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Seems Tiffany has a low white blood cell count. Weakened immune system. She said "well we travel a lot."  And, they want her eating more protein heavy diet.  And they want to do an ultrasound of her lower abdomen because she's been having pain. They're also getting a second dog so Duke can have a buddy. 

So she has this? As opposed to anemia, which is low red blood cell count, right? https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/symptoms/17706-low-white-blood-cell-count

Also, did you catch Lawson showing off the piano that they got from Erin & Chad and said he was going to tune it? I'm sorry, but I don't believe for a second that Lawson knows how to tune a piano. Its a skill, requires patience, and a couple of special tools. Maybe you can do a really half-assed job of it if you watch some Youtube videos.

My dad played piano for decades, including as a substitute at church when the official organist was away, and got a piano tuning certificate when he retired--he just did it for friends and family.

• Upvote 9

According to Lawson, they had a disagreement with the neighbor overing the fencing. That is why there as a delay in getting Duke to Nashville. I am glad they built him a fence and got a doggy door. Sounds like Tiff wants her own dog, either an Aussie shepherd or a golden doodle. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, gobucks said:

According to Lawson, they had a disagreement with the neighbor overing the fencing. That is why there as a delay in getting Duke to Nashville. I am glad they built him a fence and got a doggy door. Sounds like Tiff wants her own dog, either an Aussie shepherd or a golden doodle. 

Aussies are energetic. They need a laid back dog. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

They travel all the time, can barely handle one dog, and now they’re getting a second dog? How about the two of you spend time playing with the dog you’ve already got? 

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Also, did you catch Lawson showing off the piano that they got from Erin & Chad and said he was going to tune it? I'm sorry, but I don't believe for a second that Lawson knows how to tune a piano. Its a skill, requires patience, and a couple of special tools. Maybe you can do a really half-assed job of it if you watch some Youtube videos.

My dad played piano for decades, including as a substitute at church when the official organist was away, and got a piano tuning certificate when he retired--he just did it for friends and family.

Piano tuning requires a superb ear, patience and specialized training. Lawson may or may not have the ear. He definitely lacks both the specialized training and the patience. 

• Upvote 13

I broke down and watched the video. The doggy door goes to the GARAGE. Poor Duke won't even be able to go inside the house. Nice job, assholes. 

Also, the scan on Tiffy's abdomen showed no pregnancy (which they were hoping for). More protein? She needs to eat more, period. She's much smaller now than she was in her acting days, and she was slender then. Maybe a balanced diet would resolve her white blood cells count and boost her immunity. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I broke down and watched the video. The doggy door goes to the GARAGE. Poor Duke won't even be able to go inside the house. Nice job, assholes. 

Also, the scan on Tiffy's abdomen showed no pregnancy (which they were hoping for). More protein? She needs to eat more, period. She's much smaller now than she was in her acting days, and she was slender then. Maybe a balanced diet would resolve her white blood cells count and boost her immunity. 

I avoid commenting on weight but she said the doctor wants her to eat more protein and oil and to get more nutrients.  Hopefully, she can find the right combo of vitamins and food to improve whatever the doc wants to in her lab work. 

• Upvote 14

On 12/17/2022 at 8:49 PM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

A friend of mine adopted her daughter from a country in West Africa - maybe Ghana - and she said they were completely lied to about her daughter's history.  She was in an orphanage there because her family didn't have funds to care for her, but my friend was told that her mother didn't want her due a drug addiction.  Friend discovered that not only was there family that wanted her, she also had a younger brother they hadn't disclosed in the same orphanage.  I have not confirmed any of the following, but friend told me that people don't go to orphanages and adopt children in this culture.  It is intended as a place to leave them when parents plan on coming back when able so they expect the kids to still be there later.  Basically, a lot of western adoption in places with a similar mindset is child trafficking.

This is horrifying! Didn’t the orphanage require her parents to appear in court saying they approved of the adoption? The country that my sister adopted from required permission from my niece’s father and aunt for her to be adopted. Certain orphanages are designated as international adoption orphanages and children who are abandoned cannot be placed there. Abandoned kids will stay at the non adoption facilities until they turn 16, then they have to leave. Many end up on the streets, unfortunately. 
How is the little girl doing now? Was she able to be reunified with her birth family? 

• Upvote 5

21 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Aussies are energetic. They need a laid back dog. 

I was like not all of us are… 

then I realised lol 

• Haha 47

On 12/19/2022 at 10:33 PM, Expectopatronus said:

How is the little girl doing now? Was she able to be reunified with her birth family? 

Since it was a pretty sensitive subject, I didn't get into exactly how they sorted it out but the daughter is still here in the US and is in regular contact with her bio family.  She has some very serious genetic health issues which have necessitated specialty care and a lot of hospitalization so I bet that factored in.  I'm not ethnocentric enough to believe that we're the only country with competent doctors (definitely NOT) but they may not have been able to afford this.  It is a pretty horrible story and my friend still cries talking about it 7 years after the initial adoption because she feels incredibly conflicted and guilty.  They were hoping to take her back to meet in person prior to covid, but I guess that's been pushed off indefinitely now.  She said her daughter skypes once or twice a week with her bio family so she knows that even though they uprooted her she will never truly be rootless.

It was sure enough to scare me away from considering international adoption when we were struggling to conceive.

• Upvote 14

They are back in California - and I don’t blame them- it looks lovely and Tiffany’s family seem sociable and hospitable. Tiffany is at pains to justify it after a ‘tough’ year of change. Mm, not really, but she doesn’t have to justify anything - she prefers California and misses her family.
They are churning out videos - it must be the biggest money spinner for them- we have dog videos, their first Christmas, you name it, they will try and monetise it into a video.

Edited by Idlewild
  • Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1

I hope Duke is okay. Their intention was to keep him outside with a doggie door to the garage. I can't imagine that the garage is very warm right now. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

On 12/5/2022 at 5:02 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m looking at our tree right now. Instagram and Pinterest would burn me alive if I posted a pic of it. This tree Does not match in any way shape or form. Many of the ornaments were made in preschool and my kids are not crafters. So they look messy. We have 4 different kinds of lights. And there are just way too many things hung on it. But my kids loved decorating it and it brings back memories every year. So this is how our tree will always be. Not aesthetically pleasing but family pleasing. 

I'm glad to know that someone else thinks their tree would be boo'ed off IG!  I wouldn't dare show mine! lol  I've always let my kids decorate the tree how they wanted to.  Sometimes that involves a 'clump' of lights here and there!  But, hey, it's homey!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

On 12/24/2022 at 3:31 PM, marmalade said:

I hope Duke is okay. Their intention was to keep him outside with a doggie door to the garage. I can't imagine that the garage is very warm right now. 

I know they have enough money for an animal heating pad. Let’s hope they bought one for him. 

On 12/19/2022 at 3:03 PM, HereticHick said:

So she has this? As opposed to anemia, which is low red blood cell count, right? https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/symptoms/17706-low-white-blood-cell-count

I actually would believe that Lawson had at least some piano tuning skills. Gil is super cheap and they have always had a piano plus the church. I can believe that Gil made Lawson do it instead of paying a professional. 

• Upvote 3

Honestly, they should give Duke back to Kelly (she made a big response on their post about missing him.)  Take that new dog they got and move back to California.  I think its quite obvious that's where they want to be and that is fine. 

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, BeccaGrim said:

Honestly, they should give Duke back to Kelly (she made a big response on their post about missing him.)  Take that new dog they got and move back to California.  I think its quite obvious that's where they want to be and that is fine. 

I wonder how well the Bateses took care of Duke. I remember their old dog slept on a ratty old chair on the porch most of the time. I wonder how much Duke is allowed in the house. At least the kids are around to possibly give him some attention. 

• Upvote 2

On 12/19/2022 at 3:03 PM, HereticHick said:

Low white blood 🩸 count can be a sign of Leukemia.  I hope she is under the care of competent doctors. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

On 12/29/2022 at 2:37 PM, Tatar-tot said:

Low white blood 🩸 count can be a sign of Leukemia.  I hope she is under the care of competent doctors. 

I would think cancer would be something they'd rule out right away.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

There is a fabulous book Oranges and sunshine about the forced adoption of English kids that were sent to Australia.. heartbreaking. 

• Thank You 2

4 hours ago, Jrodseyeliner said:

There is a fabulous book Oranges and sunshine about the forced adoption of English kids that were sent to Australia.. heartbreaking. 

I saw the movie version of that. It was very, very sad.

• Upvote 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic