IGNORED

Lawson and Tiffany 8: Lawson Still Doesn't Work

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Agree. It’s not exactly a money issue in terms of “childcare/child entertainment” (obviously affording to travel and an extra place ticket at one point is). Many people even travel long distance with their children early on. And this goes for all different kind of holiday styles: The holiday let group, the travel around a destination and stay in b’n’bs group or the hotel or even all inclusive resort group. 

We’ve been talking about travelling in the winter to some place warm depending on the covid situation. Our babe will be 7ish months old. For me it’s the issue of the travel itself - not sure how she’ll do on a plane ride and airport (+/- delays, customs, etc), lugging allll her stuff that we’d need with us, and then if she were to have troubles sleeping when we get there or get sick etc. It feels stressful to me. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Keys said:

We’ve been talking about travelling in the winter to some place warm depending on the covid situation. Our babe will be 7ish months old. For me it’s the issue of the travel itself - not sure how she’ll do on a plane ride and airport (+/- delays, customs, etc), lugging allll her stuff that we’d need with us, and then if she were to have troubles sleeping when we get there or get sick etc. It feels stressful to me. 

In my experience, it's far easier travelling with a baby than with a toddler. Some babies are better travellers than others... But at least they don't need to walk and run around.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

13 hours ago, Keys said:

Oh I feel you. What I meant is that it’s not money that suddenly makes it complicated in most cases. People, for whom travelling is an integral part of their lives more often than not continue to do so with children. They still manage the long distance or the 3+weeks or the camping or hiking or city trips. In most cases the children go along with it just fine. I think most children just fit into their families. Maybe those parents don’t experience the stressful parts the same way or just roll with it- which probably de-stresses the whole situation from the start.

Of course there are children that just don’t roll with their parents but in my experience that’s actually surprisingly rare.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 6

3 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Oh I feel you. What I meant is that it’s not money that suddenly makes it complicated in most cases. People, for whom travelling is an integral part of their lives more often than not continue to do so with children. They still manage the long distance or the 3+weeks or the camping or hiking or city trips. In most cases the children go along with it just fine. I think most children just fit into their families. Maybe those parents don’t experience the stressful parts the same way or just roll with it- which probably de-stresses the whole situation from the start.

Agreed! Whenever I had help traveling with several littles across the country I much preferred traveling with my younger sister than my mother (both who traveled extensively). My mother was just a more stressed/intense traveler (“we need to hurry through security! Hurry to the gate! What if TSA thinks the kids have been kidnapped!” Etc.) and my sister was very calm and chill (“we can take all the time we need at security, there’s no rush,” “there’s no point in being the first person on the plane, you just have to sot there longer”, etc.). Even though she never had her own kids, she’d nannied for a family with six kids that went to Hawaii several weeks each year and they had that same calm approach.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Of course there are children that just don’t roll with their parents but in my experience that’s actually surprisingly rare.

6 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

Agreed! Whenever I had help traveling with several littles across the country I much preferred traveling with my younger sister than my mother (both who traveled extensively). My mother was just a more stressed/intense traveler (“we need to hurry through security! Hurry to the gate! What if TSA thinks the kids have been kidnapped!” Etc.) and my sister was very calm and chill (“we can take all the time we need at security, there’s no rush,” “there’s no point in being the first person on the plane, you just have to sot there longer”, etc.). Even though she never had her own kids, she’d nannied for a family with six kids that went to Hawaii several weeks each year and they had that same calm approach.

Very true! And I’m someone who found traveling stressful pre-baby too (anxious on planes, a bit stressed navigating where we had to go/buses we had to catch etc). As much as I enjoy myself once we do reach our destination! I guess we’ll see how things shake out with everything in the next couple of months. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, marmalade said:

Sweet babby Jesus, they just released yet another wedding video. It's been six months. Time to knock it off. 

and they say that Evan helped them "salvage" their video footage. As if he doesn't have anything else to do.  Since they had a professional videographer shoot everything, I don't know why he is no longer involved. Clearly someone screwed something up.

Now that the wedding/honeymoon videos are over, they need to  start generating content. either 1. Get back to Tenn & finish that house renovation. 2. Move to San Diego, live off Tiffany's parents & have endless videos of "look at me awshucks I'm just a Tennessee Mountain Boy here in big city California"  3. Get pregnant  4. Lawson suddenly gets a singing career (ha!)

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, Idlewild said:

They’re now in California for Thanksgiving. I feel it’s only a matter of time before they move there. 

I was guessing they were going to California for Thanksgiving since they were in Cabo. It wouldn't make much sense to fly to the west coast of Mexico for just a short vacation when there are plenty of closer tropical locations, but if they were "on the way" to California it made more sense. 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

and they say that Evan helped them "salvage" their video footage. As if he doesn't have anything else to do.  Since they had a professional videographer shoot everything, I don't know why he is no longer involved. Clearly someone screwed something up.

Now that the wedding/honeymoon videos are over, they need to  start generating content. either 1. Get back to Tenn & finish that house renovation. 2. Move to San Diego, live off Tiffany's parents & have endless videos of "look at me awshucks I'm just a Tennessee Mountain Boy here in big city California"  3. Get pregnant  4. Lawson suddenly gets a singing career (ha!)

I vote for Door #3.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, patsymae said:

I vote for Door #3.

Same. Reluctantly finish the house renovations (with help from various Duggar bros), then announce the pregnancy so Tiff can start shilling endless prenatal vitamins & decorating the nursery.

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Same. Reluctantly finish the house renovations (with help from various Duggar bros), then announce the pregnancy so Tiff can start shilling endless prenatal vitamins & decorating the nursery.

Ahhh, the good ol' Katie Bates homesickness relief -- morning sickness! Get a baby in you so you start to feel at home in your marriage, new state and new family.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

My late mother always said it was easier to travel with babies than toddlers because they were more "portable." I don't think these two have realized that having a baby will cramp their style. 

I've said from the beginning that I think they'll maintain homes in both Tennessee and California. How they'll be able to afford it is a mystery, but Tiffany's various gigs (influencer, motivational speaker, and real estate investments) seem to pay well.  She hasn't settled well in Tennessee, and I can see Lawson enjoying the celebrity life every bit as much as Jeremy and Jinger do. 

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, postscript said:

I've said from the beginning that I think they'll maintain homes in both Tennessee and California. How they'll be able to afford it is a mystery, but Tiffany's various gigs (influencer, motivational speaker, and real estate investments) seem to pay well.  She hasn't settled well in Tennessee, and I can see Lawson enjoying the celebrity life every bit as much as Jeremy and Jinger do. 

I honestly don't know if Tiffany's income stream can support 2 homes + babies. We only know of one speaking gig she's had this year. Perhaps if they had a condo in San Diego, they could rent it out on VRBO when they aren't there. I don't know if there would be much rental demand for their house in the Nashville burbs.

I think it will come down to Tiffany's parents willingness to partially support Tiffany and her (possibly growing) family for the rest of their lives.

• Upvote 4

I wonder what Tiffany’s parents really think of Lawson? They seem to have done well for themselves and Tiffany has built up a property portfolio and has other means of income. Then there is this man child who goofs around with aspirations of being a music star, while putting very little effort into anything. 

Maybe they are prepared to overlook a lot because he is a conservative Christian. 

• Upvote 9

If Tiffany did Pureflix movies and joined Candace Cameron Bure on the Great Christian Hate Channel she could support them at least at their property in California. These super strict gender roles really keep them from living the life they want. Increased job opportunities for women benefit men, too. Sadly our fundies don't get the message. 

• Upvote 8

Travelling with one kid was easy. My first was such a laid back baby. He would sleep anywhere, was generally pretty happy and easy going. We took him out all the time, did weekend trips to my ILs at least once a month, did a big vacation that involved a long drive and ton of activities before he was one and he was a champ. 

My second was much harder. He was a fussier kid, he didn't sleep or travel as well. And my third was even worse. I took a trip with just her  when she was a baby and it was still hard, because she was just so much more needy. 

Plus the more kids I had, the more difficult it became. 

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

If Tiffany did Pureflix movies and joined Candace Cameron Bure on the Great Christian Hate Channel she could support them at least at their property in California. These super strict gender roles really keep them from living the life they want. Increased job opportunities for women benefit men, too. Sadly our fundies don't get the message. 

I've been paranoid that Great America Family might pick up the Bates show or make a "new version" of it. As for Tiffany getting regular acting work (as a main)with those companies...well sadly she doesn't have the "look" if you get what I mean...perhaps if she's a "good minority" she'll get the token friend roles.

Seriously, scroll through their streaming libraries and be...not surprised.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Lawson teased a special YouTube coming today and they made a post from "their growing family" with the dogs (neither of which live with them). I can't decide if I think it is clickbait or a pregnancy announcement. 

• Upvote 4

The way that Tiffany advertises their YouTube on her Instagram is calling them “episodes”, as in “new episode now out on our YouTube!”. Idk if it’s just me, but I find this so weird. It’s a video about your life maybe, but calling it an episode makes me think it’s a show, which maybe is exactly what it is. 

• Upvote 5

53 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Lawson teased a special YouTube coming today and they made a post from "their growing family" with the dogs (neither of which live with them). I can't decide if I think it is clickbait or a pregnancy announcement. 

Their dogs don't live with them? Why not?

My guess is they are getting a cat or another dog. 

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Clickbait. I seriously hope I'm right about that.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

I watched it. It was an ad for Ariat, which good for them. That's a good brand of cowboy boots and hats, etc. Warden worked on their guest bathroom. They said Tiffany blacked out at church while standing. They left it on a cliffhanger for her going to the doctor the next day. She could have just been dehydrated, standing with her knees locked, low blood sugar, etc. It is also a symptom of early pregnancy for some people. They did not mention the pets at all in the video.

Edited by gobucks
spelling
  • Upvote 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic