IGNORED

Lawson and Tiffany 8: Lawson Still Doesn't Work

Coconut Flan

14 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Anyone listen to their "untold" engagement story they seem to think the entire world is interested in knowing about? 🙄

I have to admit I really 'skimmed' through this video.  I'd love to visit Italy and is so beautiful and it seemed to me to be more focused on the sites there than about their engagement.  Someone correct me if I missed out and need to watch it through again without skipping.  They are just so ultimately boring to me!  We've never seen the other half of their wedding ceremony as of yet.  They said that there was some problems with the video so who knows if we ever will.  You are right in them thinking that the whole world wants to hear more about their engagement.  IMO they still show hardly any chemistry. -- If you look at their videos in contrast to say Trace & Lydia or even Nathan and Esther for that matter.  Some folks exude chemistry while I suppose others may have it more behind closed doors, who am I to know! 

It just doesn't feel organic to me.  It's like everything is a movie or a photo op to them.  It just seems like they're doing their 'job' and comes across so scripted to me.  Poor Tiff appears almost like she is an afterthought in some of these vids. Lawson is more worried about his poses and angles than he does the whole reason they are there. There may be some folks to disagree with me on that but I'm just calling it like it like I see it. They may go on to surprise me later.

Edited by TaraJade7
Typos
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

I’m feeling generous toward Lawson today. Tiffany posted a cute video of him playing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer on the piano (no singing). I don’t think  I knew that Lawson could even play the piano. He probably has the talent of an average middle school piano student, but I’m easily impressed and entertained.

It’s supposed to be around 40 degrees outside for his performance tonight. I feel kind of bad for the organizers because that’s sucky weather to sit outside for live music.

• Upvote 2

Hard to estimate the crowd at Lawson’s show from Tiff’s video. Jackson, Warden, Ellie, James Duggar and someone named Noah were there.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7bead33b80c2f31151ac04b4d6829157.png

• Upvote 1

That poor woman and all the mourners in attendance having to sit through Lawson's tuneless "singing" during their mourning. 

Any chance to grab the spotlight, eh Lawson and Kelly? No occasion is inappropriate when you're a Bates. 

Screenshot_20221114_212754.thumb.jpg.143329d143180269bc466158861eb312.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

That poor woman and all the mourners in attendance having to sit through Lawson's tuneless "singing" during their mourning. 

Any chance to grab the spotlight, eh Lawson and Kelly? No occasion is inappropriate when you're a Bates. 

Screenshot_20221114_212754.thumb.jpg.143329d143180269bc466158861eb312.jpg

Ya I posted in the Bates thread. It was “the Bates Show” at the funeral. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ya I posted in the Bates thread. It was “the Bates Show” at the funeral. 

Just from that program, yes, definitely. Like, an evening of the family just sitting around and making music. Kelly had other siblings and Betty had grandchildren by them, too, not just by Kelly. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

40 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Per Tiffany's Insta story, these fools are at a beach. Again.

If they stayed home, they might have to actually get to know each other better. And face the fact that Lawson’s singing career is going nowhere. And the fact that Tiff doesn’t like living in Tennessee. Distractions are the only way to manage for these two. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

Apparently it's a "work" getaway for Tiffany, she posted a video shilling sunscreen. Of course Lawson is probably doing what he does best, absolutely nothing...🙄

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Apparently it's a "work" getaway for Tiffany, she posted a video shilling sunscreen. Of course Lawson is probably doing what he does best, absolutely nothing...🙄

Looking at their reels think they might be here, in Cabo San Lucas, at the tip of the Baja Peninsula: https://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/las-ventanas-los-cabos/dining/arbol 

Of course if you wanted a Mexican beach, Cancun/anywhere on the Yucatan would be more convenient if you are coming from Nashville, than to go all the way to Baja.

So who is paying for this? Yet another vacation courtesy of Tiffany's parents? Is Tiffany speaking at some Christian conference again? Is she filming something??

Is any one at home mailing out those vinyl albums to buyers? Does one of Lawson's siblings do it when he isn't around?

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Looking at their reels think they might be here, in Cabo San Lucas, at the tip of the Baja Peninsula: https://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/las-ventanas-los-cabos/dining/arbol 

Of course if you wanted a Mexican beach, Cancun/anywhere on the Yucatan would be more convenient if you are coming from Nashville, than to go all the way to Baja.

So who is paying for this? Yet another vacation courtesy of Tiffany's parents? Is Tiffany speaking at some Christian conference again? Is she filming something??

Is any one at home mailing out those vinyl albums to buyers? Does one of Lawson's siblings do it when he isn't around?

Yes, they are in Los Cabos, she posted a story of them eating at Arbol. We've eaten there when we were vacationing there. It's spendy.  If her parents aren't paying, they sure have tons of extra money to spend on such luxuries!

• Upvote 5

I remember Tiffany either saying or writing that the advice she had received from several people was to travel as much as possible before having a family. Her single older brother seems to live a similar lifestyle of lavish travel. I don’t think either Tiffany or Lawson are quietly working on the down low. I think she has investments and passive income that support them. At this point, they seem unworried about finding other ways to make money. However, I also think they find life at home very boring without any meaningful ways to spend time.

• Upvote 9

When they have a baby, then what. They monetise the hell out of it of course, pregnancy announcement, gender reveal, nursery decoration, shilling baby stuff, and then? Tiffany does Instagram ads between feeds while Lawson goofs around waiting for country singer stardom to land in his lap? 

Edited by Idlewild
  • Upvote 7

6 hours ago, Idlewild said:

When they have a baby, then what. They monetise the hell out of it of course, pregnancy announcement, gender reveal, nursery decoration, shilling baby stuff, and then? Tiffany does Instagram ads between feeds while Lawson goofs around waiting for country singer stardom to land in his lap? 

Yes.  She's going to love it. 🙃

• Upvote 5

16 hours ago, JDuggs said:

I remember Tiffany either saying or writing that the advice she had received from several people was to travel as much as possible before having a family. Her single older brother seems to live a similar lifestyle of lavish travel. I don’t think either Tiffany or Lawson are quietly working on the down low. I think she has investments and passive income that support them. At this point, they seem unworried about finding other ways to make money. However, I also think they find life at home very boring without any meaningful ways to spend time.

They’ll probably keep traveling after they have a baby and just take baby with them. I follow some (rather well off) Mormon influencers from Texas, and they had always traveled before their baby was born and wanted her to love traveling as much as they did, so they spent about 4 weeks in England and France this summer with their 14 month-old, and then went back again for a week and a half in the fall. They said as the baby gets older they might go to more exotic locales, but England is “easy” with a baby and they gave lots of great tips and advice.

Money not being an issue, I think traveling is just easier for some people than others because of their personality/how much they love it. I have relatives who love traveling and would still love it even if they had to take little children with them. I, on the other hand, don’t even like traveling when it’s only me. And I lived across the country from family when my children were little, but would still pack them all up and fly 5 hours across the country with 3 littles just to see family. I hated the process, but it is do-able.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

They’ll probably keep traveling after they have a baby and just take baby with them. I follow some (rather well off) Mormon influencers from Texas, and they had always traveled before their baby was born and wanted her to love traveling as much as they did, so they spent about 4 weeks in England and France this summer with their 14 month-old, and then went back again for a week and a half in the fall. They said as the baby gets older they might go to more exotic locales, but England is “easy” with a baby and they gave lots of great tips and advice.

Money not being an issue, I think traveling is just easier for some people than others because of their personality/how much they love it. I have relatives who love traveling and would still love it even if they had to take little children with them. I, on the other hand, don’t even like traveling when it’s only me. And I lived across the country from family when my children were little, but would still pack them all up and fly 5 hours across the country with 3 littles just to see family. I hated the process, but it is do-able.

I went to high school with a girl who is now married with two young kids. Her family is loaded and I don’t think she really works. They travel most of the year for long periods of time. I remember her posting about going on a trip when her first babe was like a month old, and then when her second babe was maybe 3 months? So it’s definitely possible (although I wouldn’t wanna be on a plane with my babe right now with all the germs circulating)

• Upvote 4

I guess some kids are easier than others when it comes to something like traveling.  My toddler would make us wish we were dead if we tried to fly somewhere.  I love her more than life itself, but I would be tempted just to leave her after a few hours.

We drove from CT to Philly over the summer and she did so good for the first 2.5hr of the 3.5hr drive both there and back.  The last hour was constant screaming because she was tired of the car, the toys weren't holding her attention, she wanted me to hold her, she wanted to be home, she wanted to get out, etc. etc. etc.  I'm thinking about trying another trip next summer, since she'll be a bit older, but definitely something drivable so we don't inflict her on a plane full of strangers.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

People travel with young children all the time for a variety of reasons. With every one of my children, we have to travel long distances shortly after they were born, sometimes by choice and sometimes not. But my kids grew up traveling so it was never a huge deal. They would all sleep wherever we were and had no issues switching time zones (yes, it often took a day or two but not a huge deal) We were a military family and then my husband transitioned into a field that required us to move frequently.  If you move and travel often enough things like lugging car seats through the airport are just a part of your life. My oldest daughter's first flight was from Venice to San Francisco with a layover in Amsterdam. She was about 7 weeks old. At that point, we had already done a road trip to Germany so that my husband could have the medical procedure he needed. 

Don't get me wrong, road trips with young kids always took us an extra couple of hours since we needed extra stops but it didn't feel difficult at the time when we were living in that moment. It is even easier now that they are all teens though, they pop in their airpods and we don't hear from them until we stop to eat. 

• Upvote 3

Agree. It’s not exactly a money issue in terms of “childcare/child entertainment” (obviously affording to travel and an extra place ticket at one point is). Many people even travel long distance with their children early on. And this goes for all different kind of holiday styles: The holiday let group, the travel around a destination and stay in b’n’bs group or the hotel or even all inclusive resort group. 

On 11/16/2022 at 3:00 PM, 0 kids n not countin said:

He is his father’s son.

• Upvote 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic