IGNORED

Maxwell 54: Sarah Married and Looking Joyful

samurai_sarah

I totally agree @Tenyari.  Both ladies just look genuinely happy!  Their faces are relaxed and engaged in all the photos.. Not stressed, smiling on demand and "appropriate" I will give Steve and Teri the .50 worth of praise and appreciation for their parenting.. dragging the kids to all those churches and having them shill your craps taught them to talk to all walks of life.  Look at them- engaging and actually connecting with people THEY want to.  Good on them!  I hope they have an amazing year gathering more life and book education.  Staying connected with Sarah and gleaning all the encouragement( i hope) from her to go forth and create your destiny.  

I know that there are some who don't care for their stepping stone being a strict bible college BUT this is a HUGE stepping stone in their life and is offering them so much more than ever before.. with so much distance between the former controls in their life!  Parents and much older brothers have been physically distanced and that helps so much!

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 7

3 hours ago, Zee said:
  Reveal hidden contents

A50A34E4-A116-4572-9444-34E4F6A8DC26.thumb.jpeg.4869907ddcbbaa1213a937544eab3753.jpeg

Close ups. They look genuine happy

If you go to the abcadmissions IG you can see them in the stories (but the stories are already 21 hours old and will expire soon.) 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, NoseyNellie said:

I know that there are some who don't care for their stepping stone being a strict bible college BUT this is a HUGE stepping stone in their life and is offering them so much more than ever before.. with so much distance between the former controls in their life!  Parents and much older brothers have been physically distanced and that helps so much!

Yes, it is a strict Bible college, but it’s got NOTHING on the “college” where poor Phillip Rodrigues is attending- actual education, extra-curricular activities (including sports) for girls, and a much more appropriate/barely existent dress code.  Knees and shoulders on display, shorts and pants in every pic! I only became aware of the Maxwells on FJ, and found them fascinating because were so insular.  Look at them now!  

• Upvote 22

6 hours ago, Zee said:
  Hide contents

A50A34E4-A116-4572-9444-34E4F6A8DC26.thumb.jpeg.4869907ddcbbaa1213a937544eab3753.jpeg

Close ups. They look genuine happy

Look at the expressiveness on Anna’s face!  Been watching her since she was a gangly teen & NEVER heretofore caught such an open & unguarded moment!  Mary looks genuinely tickled, too, but being the baby of the family she’s always seemed more lighthearted than any of the others.  

• Upvote 13
  • Rufus Bless 1

49 minutes ago, duggerme said:

Yes, it is a strict Bible college, but it’s got NOTHING on the “college” where poor Phillip Rodrigues is attending- actual education, extra-curricular activities (including sports) for girls, and a much more appropriate/barely existent dress code.  Knees and shoulders on display, shorts and pants in every pic! I only became aware of the Maxwells on FJ, and found them fascinating because were so insular.  Look at them now!  

Exactly. ABC is probably one of the more liberal fundie Bible colleges. I look at the pics of ABC and compare them to Crown college (the Bates college) and there’s a huge difference. The girls all have perfectly done hair and makeup. They are always wearing skirts. Even on fucking hay rides. They don’t go swimming with the opposite sex. There are very few sports clubs for females. And the uniforms they wear are ridiculous. If I was a fundie girl, you bet your ass I would choose ABC over many other Bible colleges. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 14
  • Love 4

I thought of Anna and Mary yesterday as I was dusting my ceiling fans. It occurred to me that they must have been happy and relieved at Sarah's marriage. After all those years, Sarah finally found her man, which means there is hope for them, too. I hope they learn that they don't need a man to be happy, but if that's what they want,  at least there is hope now.

Also, if I had been dusting my ceiling fans in a schedule more frequent than once every 18 months, they wouldn't have been nearly as gross as they were yesterday. 

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 10

1 minute ago, molecule said:

I thought of Anna and Mary yesterday as I was dusting my ceiling fans. It occurred to me that they must have been happy and relieved at Sarah's marriage. After all those years, Sarah finally found her man, which means there is hope for them, too. I hope they learn that they don't need a man to be happy, but if that's what they want,  at least there is hope now.

Also, if I had been dusting my ceiling fans in a schedule more frequent than once every 18 months, they wouldn't have been nearly as gross as they were yesterday. 

I just looked at mine yesterday and said to myself, I need a Maxwell! They are looking so dusty! I should do that today. But I’m dreading it. I hate doing any cleaning where I have to reach above my head. 

• Upvote 8

18 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But I’m dreading it. I hate doing any cleaning where I have to reach above my head. 

Same here. I used swiffer dusters since they are extendable. It took me a ridiculous amount of time to figure out how to assemble the darn thing, but it is a handy device to have around.

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 1

27 minutes ago, molecule said:

Same here. I used swiffer dusters since they are extendable. It took me a ridiculous amount of time to figure out how to assemble the darn thing, but it is a handy device to have around.

I use a king size pillowcase. I coat the inside of it with Endust or Pledge, then carefully place the fan blade in the pillowcase, run my hands over the blade (inner edge to outer) and I'm done! The pillowcase collects the dust for me.

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 9

My daughter's dorm room bedroom has a ceiling fan. We all got a little sick from allergies after I cleaned it and the dusty walls when we moved her in. Maxwell's would not have approved. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 3

On 8/25/2022 at 5:43 PM, anachronistic said:

Christopher’s 2 middle kids look like they were dressed from Full House costumes from the early 1980s. No kid should be wearing an ankle length, heavy floral dress in the middle of summer. (Or ever.)

Oh and a female, pants - wearing photographer! How exciting. Females can have jobs outside the home.

Also a non-white person in a Maxwell wedding….in the past their weddings have looked like a sea of meringue…..it signals to me positive things that Sarah has gotten to be such good friends with a non-family member that they’re in her wedding. (Unless the woman is married to one of Kodys brothers?)

Anyway, I think we got our final line in the Maxwell book. ‘And they all lived happily ever after…..except for Steve.’

:sighs in contentment:

image.thumb.png.17cd0568957c4e7be8eb2cf51556ea78.pngIs the woman on the left the unknown bridesmaid? I am pretty sure it is Jennyfer Benitez from the mission committee.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, duggerme said:

Yes, it is a strict Bible college, but it’s got NOTHING on the “college” where poor Phillip Rodrigues is attending- actual education, extra-curricular activities (including sports) for girls, and a much more appropriate/barely existent dress code.  

And ABC is accredited which is a pretty big deal for a fundie college. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 13

2 hours ago, molecule said:

Absolutely.  Even I can do the fans with the extenders.  I'm thinking I should check the blades.  

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

image.thumb.png.17cd0568957c4e7be8eb2cf51556ea78.pngIs the woman on the left the unknown bridesmaid? I am pretty sure it is Jennyfer Benitez from the mission committee. 

It certainly looks like her. Wondering if this is her: https://plantingroots.net/the-season-of-love/ (How many people named Jennyfer Benitez can be living in Leavenworth at one time?) A bachelor's degree in Biology - sounds like a great role model for the Maxladies.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 4

Anna looks like she should be playing competitive lacrosse.  I have always had the feeling she is extremely athletic similar to Kate Middleton.

• Upvote 10
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 1

On 8/25/2022 at 10:58 AM, Mela99 said:

I would not be mad if everyone kept posting pie recipes emoji23.png Lately I’ve been thinking about my grandmothers orange ricotta pie with dark chocolate chips. Wish I still had her recipe.

I actually really love that shade of mauve/blush. It’s very flattering

Does this look close? https://pieladybakes.com/italian-easter-pie/

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, duggerme said:

I actually live about a half an hour from this "School" he will be attending.. but it is on the side of Massillon I rarely frequent so I have not yet driven around to locate it and actually see it!  

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, NoseyNellie said:

I actually live about a half an hour from this "School" he will be attending.. but it is on the side of Massillon I rarely frequent so I have not yet driven around to locate it and actually see it!  

I have some extended family that used to live in Massillon. I bet they’ve never even heard of the tiny Bible college Phillip is attending. Poor kid. Too bad he can’t go to a real college. Hell, a community college would be awesome for him. But that’s way too worldly in Jill’s eyes.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, NoseyNellie said:

I think we must live close to each other.  Are you in Stark County, by chance?

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I think we must live close to each other.  Are you in Stark County, by chance?

I sure am!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have some extended family that used to live in Massillon. I bet they’ve never even heard of the tiny Bible college Phillip is attending. Poor kid. Too bad he can’t go to a real college. Hell, a community college would be awesome for him. But that’s way too worldly in Jill’s eyes.

And, sadly, too hard for him. It would have been great if the HS kids could have gotten into CTE (career and technical ed) programs as juniors and seniors and gotten out of homeschooling with a certificate skill. But that would be too ungodly. :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 9

58 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

And, sadly, too hard for him. It would have been great if the HS kids could have gotten into CTE (career and technical ed) programs as juniors and seniors and gotten out of homeschooling with a certificate skill. But that would be too ungodly. 

My school offers CTE pathways. ALL students are required to get their MS Office certifications in order to graduate. We're building the other CTE pathways gradually. We will have the Engineering Tech CTE (my world), an EMT and CNA CTE, CISCO CTE, and others. I mean, I've gotten this far with an AAS degree...no shame here, just a bad case of impostor syndrome (working on it). 

• Upvote 8

HALLUU, EVERY SARAH MAXWELL FAN!

ABOUT THE *WEDDING!!* PHOTOS:

I’ve got 11 wonderful requests for the wedding photos - the most recent was received about 6 am central time, USA.  I’ll respond to those by mid afternoon and after that, I’ll be deleting the photos from my iPhone photos. 

SoOoOooo … please somebody who has them, save the photos somehow.  It’s been nothing but A PLEASURE to share the joyous images, but I’m coming up on an insanely busy few weeks and I won’t want to leave anybody bereft.  

YAY, SARAH and KORY!

KORY - you BETTER NOT turn out to be a patriarse in progressive’s clothing!!! The FJ Aunties WILL know! :tw_warning:

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 1

Last year we thought the Maxwell gals were living in an apartment, based on a pic from a friend having breakfast at their place. Do we think they are living in a dorm this year? Or were they just helping freshmen with move-in?

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Maxwell 54: Sarah Married and Looking Joyful
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic