IGNORED

Maxwell 54: Sarah Married and Looking Joyful

samurai_sarah

Abby is as tall as Melanie and Lydia and Ruthanne are the same height. Caleb is still a little peanut. I think the kids all look great. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I had no idea who little Debbie was.  I forgot about her.

Elizabeth is the spitting image of Lydia at that age.

Edited by SPHASH
  • Upvote 2

I don’t care much for weddings.  I’m very happy for Sarah but I can patiently wait until Chelsey or whoever posts them publicly!

• Love 2

A couple weeks before the wedding, the Sunday bulletin of the the Kansas church her family now attends included a page that “warmly invited” people to their 2 pm wedding.  It noted that a small reception would follow and asked that those that planned on attending email Sarah to let her know “for the purposes of planning”. (Sorry can’t figure out how to insert the page here)

Not sure how big the church building is, but guess they figured that there would still be room after whatever family and friends they formally invited to come.  Also safe to assume that the reception was probably simple, short and just included drinks and cake/cupcakes.

Edited by Hellothere
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

Here is the page from the bulletin mentioned above:

image.png.99b460469a9b5aac68e144c2f7ca7824.png

Edited by Coconut Flan
Remove info.
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 17
  • Love 3

57 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Thank you for posting this! It does concern me that it has an email account and phone number. 

Psalm 37.4 reads

Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.

Edited by Coconut Flan
Remove quoted invitation.
  • Upvote 4

58 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

I tend to stay far away from Baptist-style church services as well as contemporary worship in ANY denomination but if I’m ever in Leavenworth I’m dropping by Open Door BC and shaking the pastor’s hand. And leaving a donation. 

Edited by Coconut Flan
Removed quoted invitation.
  • Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

59 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

So cake, punch, mints, and possibly a few nuts, not including Stevehovah.    That shouldn't send the Maxwells into too much of an organisational tailspin.  Unless they have minions shouting out "Pepsi or 7Up!!!" to the congregation.

And if I may: "Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart; once thou hast liberated thyself from the prison of thy father's house and finally shown some gumption."  Psalm 37.4 KJV, Palimpsest's version.

Edited by Coconut Flan
Removed quoted invitation.
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 20
  • Love 1

I like the way they worded the invitation. It came across that this was Sarah and Kory’s wedding, not Mr.and Mrs. Steven Maxwell’s. 
My husband and I were well into  our 30’s when we got married and did something similar.  It seemed silly to write that our parents were doing the inviting (especially since we paid for the wedding ourselves ). 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7

Got to say - Steve will you please just reactivate and post a family picture from the wedding on the blog with a paragraph about how happy you are for Sarah so @Captain Obvious isn't making wedding photo forwarder a full time job? If you could see your way to the entire photo gallery with a link Steve we'd all be really grateful - and your blog traffic would (briefly) soar. Heh.

And that invitation made me tear up a bit. Best wishes Sarah and Kory, and may you be very happy together.

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, kpmom said:

I like the way they worded the invitation. It came across that this was Sarah and Kory’s wedding, not Mr.and Mrs. Steven Maxwell’s. 
My husband and I were well into  our 30’s when we got married and did something similar.  It seemed silly to write that our parents were doing the inviting (especially since we paid for the wedding ourselves ). 

Is it too much to hope that Steve did not give her away?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

I have to say, I am SO HERE for it being Sarah and Kory inviting people to the wedding, not the parents. I legit grinned while editing the screenshot for CF.

Go Sarah!

9 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Is it too much to hope that Steve did not give her away?

Probably, but this is going to be my headcanon till proven otherwise. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

I love how the invite read "Sarah and Kory" and not Kory and Sarah.  At John and Chelsy's invite John was first

Laura-Christine-web-Winter-wedding JC (31).jpg

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

I'll bet the ceremony was simple and to the point and the pastor didn't use it as an excuse to bloviate like a certain Duck Biologist we know. Wishing these two all the best. 

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 3

Even if they don't write anything or post pictures, I hope they update Sarah's bio on their About page. Right now it still says she is waiting for the right man. 

• Upvote 11

I wonder if they refused to pay for the wedding so Sarah just said fine we’ll host. That would be incredible.

• Upvote 12

I don't love the dress, but I love how happy Sarah is. 

As mentioned above, it appears Sarah and Kory did not have a no-touch courtship. I wonder if Sarah sought her brothers' advice about this before deciding on having a physically affectionate courtship.

I am so curious about how this all came about. Did the concussion put her in the path of a medical provider who steered her toward a therapist who helped her find her way out?

Did Steve determine there would not be enough $$ to support 3 SAHDs indefinitely and steered them toward independence? I wonder if we'll ever know.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

34 minutes ago, moreorlessnu said:

I don't love the dress, but I love how happy Sarah is. 

As mentioned above, it appears Sarah and Kory did not have a no-touch courtship. I wonder if Sarah sought her brothers' advice about this before deciding on having a physically affectionate courtship.

I am so curious about how this all came about. Did the concussion put her in the path of a medical provider who steered her toward a therapist who helped her find her way out?

Did Steve determine there would not be enough $$ to support 3 SAHDs indefinitely and steered them toward independence? I wonder if we'll ever know.

I still think they went to the pastor for help.  They wanted out and needed an intervention.  "The Lord brought Anna and Mary to Bible college this year (at our pastor’s recommendation) to become better equipped for ministry."  That right there says it all.  

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, love2scrap said:

Hey apologies to mods for posting photos from the private ig account - i followed chelsy when her account was public and it did not occur to me to check if she had gone private since.

At this point can we just tag chelsy and ask her to post the pictures on her blog for us all? I'm sure she'd be glad to piss steve off 😂 (edit: it's a joke, please do not touch the poo!)

Do you still have access to her insta? I just got blocked, so I’d be impressed if she figured out who I was - but maybe she just did a follower cull.

I’ll get onto the PMs later today (Australian time).

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 3

Also I nominate Captain Obvious for some sort of FJ sainthood for the works being done in our snarky name. And maybe a pie, who doesn’t like pie

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 6

2 hours ago, Howl said:

I'll bet the ceremony was simple and to the point and the pastor didn't use it as an excuse to bloviate like a certain Duck Biologist we know. Wishing these two all the best. 

It’s not just the duck biologist! Marlin Bontrager does this too! It’s horrid. Oh and Pa Helferich did it too. So many patriarchs have to go on and on. I’m sure Gil Bates also goes on and on at all of his children’s weddings. 

1 hour ago, Tangy Bee said:

I sure hope to come across some wedding photos on the church page. What were Sarah's wedding colors?

My best description is mauve for the bridesmaid dresses. But someone else might have a better description of the color. 
This is the closest example I could find to match the BM dresses:

6C57C4DA-A044-46FE-B0DD-FEE6BC74C394.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 8

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Maxwell 54: Sarah Married and Looking Joyful
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic