IGNORED

Maxwell 54: Sarah Married and Looking Joyful

samurai_sarah

Well if their bridesmaid dresses are sort of like that then they can definitely wear them again.  Most bridesmaids dresses are hideous and can never be worn again.

I was only a bridesmaid once, in 1984, and had to endure the embarrassment of standing up there in pink dotted Swiss with puffy sleeves!!!

Are you SURE they didn’t have on bulky undershirts to make that V-neck more modest?

Edited by louannems
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, louannems said:

Well if their bridesmaid dresses are sort of like that then they can definitely wear them again.  Most bridesmaids dresses are hideous and can never be worn again.

I was only a bridesmaid once, in 1984, and had to endure the embarrassment of standing up there in pink dotted Swiss with puffy sleeves!!!

Are you SURE they didn’t have on bulky undershirts to make that V-neck more modest?

I’m betting they sewed the neckline slightly closer together for less chest to show. 

• I Agree 4

From the pics I saw, the bridesmaids’ dresses don’t look interfered with at all—and no modesty tees or camisoles are under them. They are the least fundie-looking bridesmaids’ dresses I’ve ever seen here!

Oh, and thanks to @Mela99’s suggestion, here’s some pie for @Captain Obvious:

9E4DCA23-D1BA-4D5C-B03B-3BE8FB2E9F11.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 3

38 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

I still think they went to the pastor for help.  They wanted out and needed an intervention.  "The Lord brought Anna and Mary to Bible college this year (at our pastor’s recommendation) to become better equipped for ministry."  That right there says it all.  

I agree with this, especially in light of today's Seriously. He's complaining about people, including people at church, who question Steve's austere, isolationist practices. He's not happy with how everything has turned out because of it. 

• Upvote 21
  • Haha 7

I volunteer to share photos via pm to help take the burden off our beloved @Captain Obvious

The wedding images continue to make my day, in such a good way.  Some appear to be snapshots taken from the church pews (seats?) and nobody is properly posed just yet - with 2 predictable exceptions. Some folks are laughing, some seem to be about to sneeze, children are looking everywhere.  Joe’s wife wears a sleeveless dress that exposes some shoulder! 

Jesse & his wife are posed, having no children to oversee, and OF COURSE so are Teri & Steve, just as serenely smug as ever we’ve seen them.  “Yaass, look at the fruit of Steve’s loins - oh, and Teri was involved, too. Marginally.”

Only Chris & Anna’s kids are in floor length dresses and buttoned-up shirts etc.  All others are nicely dressed but comfortably. Nate & Mel’s #2&3 daughters have  knee-length skirts! 

Best of all, of course, Sarah & Kory are smiling NATURALLY at each other.  My first-hatched is almost exactly Sarah’s age, eloped well over a decade ago and they’re still together and happy.  Sarah is catching up.  I wish her and Kory ALL the joy they can handle - and a little extra to share!!!

• Upvote 26
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, Hane said:

From the pics I saw, the bridesmaids’ dresses don’t look interfered with at all—and no modesty tees or camisoles are under them. They are the least fundie-looking bridesmaids’ dresses I’ve ever seen here!

Oh, and thanks to @Mela99’s suggestion, here’s some pie for @Captain Obvious:

9E4DCA23-D1BA-4D5C-B03B-3BE8FB2E9F11.jpeg

Oh yum - lemon meringue pie is actually my favourite. Bring it!

• Haha 5
  • Love 2

I’m really happy for Sarah and keep thinking about it with a smile! She was extraordinarily brave to move out and find this guy. I have a feeling they met on a dating site and I’m happy believing that they did or met in a way by Sarah being brave!!!

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m betting they sewed the neckline slightly closer together for less chest to show. 

I actually don't think they could. The pleating on the bodice would have been distorted if they had, and the pleating is straight. 

27 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

I’m really happy for Sarah and keep thinking about it with a smile! She was extraordinarily brave to move out and find this guy. I have a feeling they met on a dating site and I’m happy believing that they did or met in a way by Sarah being brave!!!

I can see Kory doing that but my expression would be like that Mind. Blown. gif meme if Sarah did that. 

Still think it's more likely that they met through friends of friends, or possibly through ministry activities they were both involved in. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I agree with this, especially in light of today's Seriously. He's complaining about people, including people at church, who question Steve's austere, isolationist practices. He's not happy with how everything has turned out because of it. 

That is just disgusting. He's a petty & narcissistic asshat and so transparent

The more godly your desires for your family, the more resistance you might expect. It may come from extended family, neighbors, “friends” or sadly, even people at church who don’t like your particular direction. Initially, they might use disparaging/discouraging words (Nehemiah 2:19) to you or your family, and if that doesn’t derail you, they will likely try additional tactics. 

• Upvote 12
  • Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 4

Thank you Captain Obvious!

The pictures are beautiful. Sarah looks so relaxed and happy and Kory looks besotted. Some great pictures of Mary looking so very happy.

It's great to see so much joy within the family. I have enormous respect for whoever intervened to bring about such an improvement to S, A, and M's lives.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

That is just disgusting. He's a petty & narcissistic asshat and so transparent

All is displaying is some potential mental issues.  When everyone else In the world is wrong and you are the only one “right” a red flag should be raised. Teri has her hands full with this angry old fart.  

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 7

8 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Yeah.  You can tell from the recent Seriously articles that he's having a meltdown.  The women don't dress right at church, no one is acting godly, etc  I could just see his family smiling and nodding, and then doing what they want anyway.  Abby and Anna Marie volunteer in the church nursery, Nathan is a greeter, Teri is on the ministry committee.  Mary was in Africa with her boyfriend, Anna was in shorts doing fun things with the kids, Sarah found a husband.  Joseph and Jesse moved farther away and have friends of other faiths.  Steve can't control any of them any more and he knows it so he pitches a fit through the Seriously articles.  

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 18

I’m currently not allowed to use the oven because it involves bending down so I made strawberry dumplings last night from smitten kitchen and offer them up in celebration and thanks for those sharing pictures. (I’ve always wanted to try dumplings but I find the idea of both chicken and soup abhorrent so I never have. Now that I have I realize that I didn’t miss much. They’re just kind of wet dough balls. Pie is better.) With ice cream of course.

ECC9E14A-BBD8-4D03-A9B6-434F7DFD9510.jpeg

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, louannems said:

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think the dress is almost exactly that one, but with a solid bodice instead of a wrap one. The V-neck is a little higher than on that dress, but doesn't look modified to me. I think it's a gorgeous choice, looks normal and modern, and isn't so dressy that it couldn't be worn again for a variety of occasions. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

38 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I think the dress is almost exactly that one, but with a solid bodice instead of a wrap one. The V-neck is a little higher than on that dress, but doesn't look modified to me. I think it's a gorgeous choice, looks normal and modern, and isn't so dressy that it couldn't be worn again for a variety of occasions. 

The bodice looks like this one 

80F9D0E1-2186-44FC-AD48-E7500AD958ED.png

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 6

@Captain Obvious, it’s an Atlantic Beach pie —a variation on Key Lime pie. You can make it with either whipped cream or meringue (if you want to use up the egg whites left over from the filling). Super easy and delicious!

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

If you asked me for photos & didn’t get. Please ask again! I am afraid I inadvertently deleted one request before I replied to it!

And if you asked me, THANK YOU! Every time I glimpsed Sarah’s GENUINELY HAPPY SMILE, my Grinch-y heart grew in delight for her and Kory! 

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 14
  • Love 11

Thank you MamaJunebug. I 100% agree with you - every time I see Sarah's genuinely happy smile my heart grows in delight for her. 

I feel like these photos are the closure I needed. Of course I would love to hear about future weddings and babies and the like but this wedding  largely feels like the "series" ending I was hoping for - or at the very least far far better  "ending" than the terse final Maxwell blog post. 

Edited by browngrl
spelling correction
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 6

I would not be mad if everyone kept posting pie recipes [emoji23] Lately I’ve been thinking about my grandmothers orange ricotta pie with dark chocolate chips. Wish I still had her recipe.

I actually really love that shade of mauve/blush. It’s very flattering

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

19 minutes ago, browngrl said:

Thank you MamaJunebug. I 100% agree with you - every time I see Sarah's genuinely happy smile my heart grows in delight for her. 

I feel like these photos are the closure I needed. Of course I would love to hear about future weddings and babies and the like but this wedding  largely feels like the "series" ending I was hoping for - or at the very least far far better  "ending" than the terse final Maxwell blog post. 

Sarah, Anna and Mary looked genuinely happy, the happiest I've ever see them. Good for them, I hope Kory is a good husband and I hope all of them get to fulfill their dreams.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

Guys -- PLEASE READ THE PINNED POST, right at the top of the page. 

Take all photo requests to PMs. Otherwise, your post requesting the photos will be hidden.

Thank you.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

8 hours ago, theologygeek said:

Teri is on the ministry committee

Whoa! Teri is involved in the church? That's awesome. She's doing something besides the First Church of Stevehovah, Couch! 

The more godly your desires for your family, the more resistance you might expect. It may come from extended family, neighbors, “friends” or sadly, even people at church who don’t like your particular direction.

I'm a gonna bet that Steve got negative blow back from every category listed because it's obvious he was trying to pre-empt and destroy any possibility that his daughters might experience autonomy and joy.  Godly desires for his family involved controlling them and suffocating them emotionally and spiritually.

Initially, they might use disparaging/discouraging words (Nehemiah 2:19) to you or your family, and if that doesn’t derail you, they will likely try additional tactics

Oh to have been a fly on the wall for these conversations. It's becoming more obvious that he did not want to allow any of his daughters out of the house, not under his strict control. 

"Initially, they might use disparaging/discouraging words" which would be Jesus-y Biblical verses pointing to "WTAF is wrong with you, Maxwell?". 

Additional tactics might have revolved around coaching the women to say things like, "Dad, we're going across the country to college" and "Dad, I'm moving out into my own house." 

Or the pastor at their new church to say, "Steve, I'd love for you to drop by my office for a chat."

Maybe there was an actual intervention, with the pastor invited to Maxhell to lay it all out. 

• Upvote 19

13 minutes ago, Howl said:

Whoa! Teri is involved in the church? That's awesome. She's doing something besides the First Church of Stevehovah, Couch! 

I'm a gonna bet that Steve got negative blow back from every category listed because it's obvious he was trying to pre-empt and destroy any possibility that his daughters might experience autonomy and joy.  Godly desires for his family involved controlling them and suffocating them emotionally and spiritually.

Oh to have been a fly on the wall for these conversations. It's becoming more obvious that he did not want to allow any of his daughters out of the house, not under his strict control. 

"Initially, they might use disparaging/discouraging words" which would be Jesus-y Biblical verses pointing to "WTAF is wrong with you, Maxwell?". 

Additional tactics might have revolved around coaching the women to say things like, "Dad, we're going across the country to college" and "Dad, I'm moving out into my own house." 

Or the pastor at their new church to say, "Steve, I'd love for you to drop by my office for a chat."

Maybe there was an actual intervention, with the pastor invited to Maxhell to lay it all out. 

Oh to be a fly on the wall for any or all of these potential conversations, especially the one with the new Pastor. Someone pulling rank on good ole Steve.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2

29 minutes ago, Howl said:

It's becoming more obvious that he did not want to allow any of his daughters out of the house, not under his strict control.

Does he really think that no one but FJ sees this? Does he believe that all of their leg-humpers don't know about Sarah's engagement and marriage, and wonder why Steve & Teri haven't acknowledged it at all?  

We'll never know, of course, but the lack of any public mention of Sarah's marriage together with this Seriously, Dad post sure makes it look like Steve is wallowing in bitterness and resentment. What a dreadful human being. I hope that he wakes up and starts acting like a decent person, but I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by hoipolloi
Clarity
  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Maxwell 54: Sarah Married and Looking Joyful
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic