IGNORED

Bates 31: When Will They Go Away?

Coconut Flan

Just now, ifosterkittens said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the Bates are pissed the show was cancelled and do petty things like this to get their fans to ask the network why did you cancel them. The Bates will feign innocence and say the decision was made by the network we (the Bates) loved making the show. 

So far, it’s worked. There are a bunch of humpers saying they want the show back. I saw at least one tagging up.tv when saying they want the show back. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m guessing 6 kids for Whit and Zach. A large family for mainstream standards. But small for Bates standards. 

I'm curious why you think they would stop at 6-- she's still only 28 years old. I think it is more likely that they will get to 8 or 9.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I'm curious why you think they would stop at 6-- she's still only 28 years old. I think it is more likely that they will get to 8 or 9.

Because the number of kids will overwhelm. Remember Michelle’s laundry room breakdown happened at kid 6 or 7. And Whit doesn’t have a slew of sister moms (older or otherwise). Unless you have endless help and money, the numbers just become exponential and then the shortcuts (neglect) start. IMO, this is why someone like Alyssa might be done. She’d have to lower her aesthetic standards severely- there are only 24 hours in a day and even Jesus can’t change that fact.

• Upvote 11

34 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I think once she starts homeschooling more than just the two oldest, has the boutique to work at, and just everything else, she will be rather overwhelmed with 6. But hey, maybe she will have a big gap after number 6 and have number 7 around 4 years later. That could happen too. I just think that since she likes working, she may not be able to handle more than six to homeschool.

• Upvote 7

I think they’d stop at 6. For a bit . Once the basement is finished with more bedrooms/space an “oops” baby will happen and then that baby will need a friend and the girls will be old enough to help. I hope I’m wrong but wouldn’t be surprised

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Because the number of kids will overwhelm. Remember Michelle’s laundry room breakdown happened at kid 6 or 7. And Whit doesn’t have a slew of sister moms (older or otherwise). Unless you have endless help and money, the numbers just become exponential and then the shortcuts (neglect) start. IMO, this is why someone like Alyssa might be done. She’d have to lower her aesthetic standards severely- there are only 24 hours in a day and even Jesus can’t change that fact.

Whitney isn't going at Michelle Duggar's pace. Michelle had her breakdown not only at baby #7, but her third child in less than 2.5 years. She had Jessa and Jinger 13.5 months apart, and Jinger and Joseph 13 months apart. 

A fundie I know had a breakdown with only 4 kids under 6. Her youngest was a year old and she was pregnant again within 6 months. I bet they have a lot of meltdowns like Michelle and just don't talk about them. 

I hope Zach and Whitney slow down even more having kids. I have no idea how many there will be, but Kaci and Bradley are old enough to some sibling-parenting. They only have 4 kids now, so it seems odd to already plan on 6.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I also want to add that Whitney was never homeschooled. So she doesn’t really have much experience with it. I just have a feeling she will get in over her head when a bunch of the kids are all in different grades learning different things while she is trying to work at the store too. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

I think Zach and Whitney will have a smaller family because they like things like 10k sofas and expensive stoves. And Zach likely strongly remembers the lean years. 

• Upvote 9

Zach seems to be involved with the children. He said he left his policeman job to stay more at home (and at church). The fact that Whitney has him by her side to raise the kids will encourage her to have more. Plus the older is 8 so he can help a lot.

In addition, they have someone babysitting. In her IG stories, Whitney and Zach are often alone in the car running errands. So Whitney has breaks and it makes motherhood a bit smoother.

• Upvote 5

Jackson and his girlfriend look very close in recent pics. I bet they are another Bates couple who have kissed before marriage. And I say good for them if it’s true. Don’t follow stupid rules that Josh Harris made up decades ago and has now denounced. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...

Warden has a girlfriend, thanks to a few clues in reddit i was able to find her VSCO public account and there is a screen capture there of a conversation between them that confirms they are more than friends. I will not share it even though it is public because i am unsure if she is a minor or not. She is still in highschool (a public one!) and if not for the bible quote on her instagram profile i would never know she was even a christian. She seems like a pretty normal teenager who does sports and wears short shorts and attends prom.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

26 minutes ago, llucie said:

Warden has a girlfriend, thanks to a few clues in reddit i was able to find her VSCO public account and there is a screen capture there of a conversation between them that confirms they are more than friends. I will not share it even though it is public because i am unsure if she is a minor or not. She is still in highschool (a public one!) and if not for the bible quote on her instagram profile i would never know she was even a christian. She seems like a pretty normal teenager who does sports and wears short shorts and attends prom.

Oh boy it’s another Whitney. The boys are allowed to date the worldliest girls. Yet look at their sisters. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

51 minutes ago, llucie said:

Yeah I found her too. One of four kids, school council president! Athlete! She has pictures of herself posing comfortably with male friends. She seems like a normal girl. It will be interesting to see if this relationship progresses (she is young) and how she fits with the Bates sisters. 

• Upvote 7

9 minutes ago, marmalade said:

How old is Warden? He can't be much older than her, but then again, I know little about those middle boys. 

He is 19. He and Jackson both have girlfriends so it is highly likely the middle Bates boys will marry much earlier than the older ones did. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

He is 19. He and Jackson both have girlfriends so it is highly likely the middle Bates boys will marry much earlier than the older ones did. 

Or they could just date like normal teens and then break up after a year.

• Upvote 12

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Or they could just date like normal teens and then break up after a year.

They could but I imagine there is still pressure to not do that. 

Plus I grew up Mormon-adjacent and marriage at 20/21 (usually as soon as the guy returned from his mission) was common because no premarital-sex. 

I do feel like Warden and this girl might not last but I think Jackson will be engaged soon.

Also, I grew up in a small town. 75% of my classmates married their high school sweetheart..the dating pool was miniscule, so it wsn'5 like there was a ton of options. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

3 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

They could but I imagine there is still pressure to not do that. 

Plus I grew up Mormon-adjacent and marriage at 20/21 (usually as soon as the guy returned from his mission) was common because no premarital-sex. 

I do feel like Warden and this girl might not last but I think Jackson will be engaged soon.

Also, I grew up in a small town. 75% of my classmates married their high school sweetheart..the dating pool was miniscule, so it wsn'5 like there was a ton of options. 

But a lot of the Bates boys had broken courtships. It’s more allowed for the Bates boys to have a broken courtship than the girls. 

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But a lot of the Bates boys had broken courtships. It’s more allowed for the Bates boys to have a broken courtship than the girls. 

Oh it is. But I still think Warden/Jackson/Isaiah will marry younger than Nathan and Lawson and I think hormones will play heavily into it. And the freedom to choose their own partner actually helps, I think. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And they don’t seem to be calling it “courtship” anymore. Were  Nathan/Esther, Lawson/Tiffany or Trace/Lydia in courtships? I don’t think Jackson’s relationship is a courtship. I think Jackson and Warden will both date around a little more. The Bates boys seem to think they’re too special to get tied down too young.

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, JDuggs said:

The Bates boys seem to think they’re too special to get tied down too young.

While I know what you meant when you wrote, I do not think this is a bad thing. Yes I know the Bates boys have this entitlement mentality, but waiting for marriage until they are in their mid-20s and better able to support a wife (remembering that in their culture although many of the Bates women have the boutique, culturally it is less acceptable for women to work outside the home) is not a bad thing. I would rather see a Bates boy in a failed relationship than a boy marry at 18 or recently turned 19 as one of the Duggar boys did. (The one that married into the family from Texas and moved there)

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

While I know what you meant when you wrote, I do not think this is a bad thing. Yes I know the Bates boys have this entitlement mentality, but waiting for marriage until they are in their mid-20s and better able to support a wife (remembering that in their culture although many of the Bates women have the boutique, culturally it is less acceptable for women to work outside the home) is not a bad thing. I would rather see a Bates boy in a failed relationship than a boy marry at 18 or recently turned 19 as one of the Duggar boys did. (The one that married into the family from Texas and moved there)

Justin Duggar- engaged a day after turning 18 in Nov 2020 and married in Feb 2021, the day before his bride turned 20( or was it 21)? 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

33 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I totally agree with you. I absolutely think these young men should wait to settle down. I also think that with less of a spotlight on them, they will have more of an opportunity to have slightly more conventional relationships. I actually don’t think they’ll be sleeping with any of these girls, but they might have a relationship for a few months and quietly end it. I think the younger brothers have the benefit of seeing how their older brothers did things and learning from their experiences. But I do think the douche factor is just as high with Jackson and Warden as it is with Lawson and Nathan. They all see themselves as God’s gift to women and think that the ladies who wins their hearts are very lucky.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

In one of Katie's YouTube videos, she says that her mom's biggest baby was 7lbs, 14oz, which I found interesting as that isn't very big at all. Now the Bates aren't large people but every baby being under 8 lbs kind of shocked me. 

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic