IGNORED

Bates 31: When Will They Go Away?

Coconut Flan

Wow it was a funeral starring the Bates family. It’s like she didn’t even have 3 other kids and other grandkids. It’s all Bateses. 

E635C163-BA0F-423B-A83F-158DF6ABDC9F.jpeg

• Upvote 9

Wow, I guess we know who planned the funeral.  Too much talking with a message and a eulogy.  I hate the long get saved messages at funerals like that.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

45 minutes ago, JMO said:

Katie is posting reels from the funeral.  Wtf

I wouldn’t mind if they had a family/close friends only Zoom set up but reels for the general public seems in poor taste. 

10 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Wow, I guess we know who planned the funeral.  Too much talking with a message and a eulogy.  I hate the long get saved messages at funerals like that.

I found it a little odd that besides 2 pallbearers, everything else was all Bates fam. Memaw had other family members!  Not sure what’s going on there. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

When my grandpa died a year and a half ago, since his kids didn’t think they could speak at the funeral without bawling, they thought a grandkid from each family should speak. Although my family is sort of known for trying to keep things ridiculously even. Like Christmas gifts be exactly the same amount of money to the penny. 🙄

• Upvote 7

I mean there could be a lot of reasons. There are three non-Bates names in the program. It could be that none of them wanted to or they were unwilling to w/the inevitable publicity that comes with the other Bates. It could be that some of them didn't attend the funeral for whatever reason. It could be that the Bates took charge and it was easier to just have someone in the family do the music, the sermon, etc. then hire it out. 

I also think whatever the dynamics - and there can be so many possibilities at a funeral (too much grief or too much estrangement or whatever) - fundamentalists are trained to shove that all the side and "do the right thing." 

• Upvote 2

Here is her obituary. For some reason they  lumped in Kelly’s dad with the husbands. They didn’t say he was an ex husband in the obituary. Betty Jo had a bachelors and a masters. It would be so weird to be highly educated and see so many of your grandchildren encouraged to not go to an accredited college. 

https://www.richandthompson.com/tributes/Betty-Pitcher

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 4

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Here is her obituary. For some reason they  lumped in Kelly’s dad with the husbands. They didn’t say he was an ex husband in the obituary. Betty Jo had a bachelors and a masters. It would be so weird to be highly educated and see so many of your grandchildren encouraged to not go to an accredited college. 

https://www.richandthompson.com/tributes/Betty-Pitcher

We don't know how many divorces she had, do we? Just Kelly's dad? More? It's pretty disingenuous to list Kelly's dad with other husbands who pre deceased her. While true, they'd been long divorced. I guess that goes against the obit trying to make Betty out as an upstanding, godly lady. 

• Upvote 4

Katie’s Instagram story showing the pallbearers take the casket out of the car and bring it towards the grave is very weird to me. I would never think to take my phone out to film such a thing, nor have I ever seen anyone filming that or similar moments at any funerals I’ve been to. (With the exception of live streaming the service formally since covid started)

Edited by Keys
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 12

13 minutes ago, Keys said:

Katie’s Instagram story showing the pallbearers take the casket out of the car and bring it towards the grave is very weird to me. I would never think to take my phone out to film such a thing, nor have I ever seen anyone filming that or similar moments at any funerals I’ve been to. (With the exception of live streaming the service formally since covid started)

good it is just not me that thought it was fucking weird...

and sort of.... cheap.... disrespectful.... attention whoring.... trashy
all of the above

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

It has to be a Bates thing. The Bateses are so used to recording every single aspect of their lives. In my family, no one is recording. Everyone is too busy crying and wiping their faces. Maybe a couple of discreet pics are taken of all the flowers and things sent by people. 

• Upvote 9

On 11/14/2022 at 10:52 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Wow it was a funeral starring the Bates family. It’s like she didn’t even have 3 other kids and other grandkids. It’s all Bateses. 

E635C163-BA0F-423B-A83F-158DF6ABDC9F.jpeg

I can see Aylssa in that young pic I think it is the cheek bones and facial structure 

Edited by AussieKrissy
edit and she kind of reminds me of hillary clinton, I think its just the expression...
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I can see Aylssa in that young pic I think it is the cheek bones and facial structure 

Betty Jo was very pretty. It’s where a lot of the good looking Bateses get some of their features. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Betty Jo was very pretty. It’s where a lot of the good looking Bateses get some of their features. 

yes I do think think the bates hit the genetic good looking jackpot

Though I do believe their modernisation has helped. being called "pretty"  whilst in a frumper, I dont think is the same as pretty whilst in modern clothes hair and make up. It would come with a lot of she is pretty or he is handsome but.....

Kind of how in my opinion is that Erin is stunning, but in my superficial and judgey opinion appears dated in her taste.

Yet the lady still looks better than me even on her worst day. 

Yep they sure did make pretty babes, pity bout the indoctrination 

Edited by AussieKrissy
sure not saw, der
  • Upvote 3

Totally random thought of the day and probably discussed before: but I was just thinking today about how some of the Bates and Duggar births have been featured on their respective shows. With camera crew all up in there and showing them pushing etc. And wow, after giving birth myself, it just dawned on me today how invasive that seems!! I got IV fentanyl for pain management during labour and was so out of it. Also went from 5 to 10cm and pushing in less than an hour. Said some very embarrassing things while pushing since I was still very much under the influence of the fentanyl and all the nitrous I huffed during contractions lol. My OBGYN is also my colleague, and the first time I saw her in colleague context again after giving birth, I was shuddering thinking of my embarrassing labour remarks, lol (I know it’s so normal and she probably doesn’t think anything of it, but you know!). So anyways, I can’t imagine sharing such a vulnerable moment with a camera crew, and MUCH less with the whole world. I wonder if they are relieved about not having to make that decision with the show not being a thing anymore. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 4

11 hours ago, Keys said:

Totally random thought of the day and probably discussed before: but I was just thinking today about how some of the Bates and Duggar births have been featured on their respective shows. With camera crew all up in there and showing them pushing etc. And wow, after giving birth myself, it just dawned on me today how invasive that seems!! I got IV fentanyl for pain management during labour and was so out of it. Also went from 5 to 10cm and pushing in less than an hour. Said some very embarrassing things while pushing since I was still very much under the influence of the fentanyl and all the nitrous I huffed during contractions lol. My OBGYN is also my colleague, and the first time I saw her in colleague context again after giving birth, I was shuddering thinking of my embarrassing labour remarks, lol (I know it’s so normal and she probably doesn’t think anything of it, but you know!). So anyways, I can’t imagine sharing such a vulnerable moment with a camera crew, and MUCH less with the whole world. I wonder if they are relieved about not having to make that decision with the show not being a thing anymore. 

I purposely went to a hospital (equally good) that had no association with the Nicu I worked in. One day after my maternity, one of the Neonatologists asked why I hadn’t delivered at the nearby facility, and I told him I didn’t want any colleague to show up at my delivery.  He made some comment to the effect that “as professionals, the group would never judge or remember my delivery”. I told him, “I would.” Even then, one of my postpartum nurses was someone I had worked with earlier in my career. She went to the nursery and put on my baby’s chart in big red letters, “MOM IS A NICU RN.” Many nurses told me so- We probably did get better care.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • Love 3

Lydia made a birthday post to Emma Langdon and Warden shared it. Which makes me wonder if there is something between Emma and Warden. I kind of hope not since Warden is only 19. Of course her sister Claire is rumored to be seeing a Duggar. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I purposely went to a hospital (equally good) that had no association with the Nicu I worked in. One day after my maternity, one of the Neonatologists asked why I hadn’t delivered at the nearby facility, and I told him I didn’t want any colleague to show up at my delivery.  He made some comment to the effect that “as professionals, the group would never judge or remember my delivery”. I told him, “I would.” Even then, one of my postpartum nurses was someone I had worked with earlier in my career. She went to the nursery and put on my baby’s chart in big red letters, “MOM IS A NICU RN.” Many nurses told me so- We probably did get better care.

That’s funny!! We only have one local hospital with obstetric services, so I didn’t have a choice haha. I could have gone with the midwifery group, who I don’t work as closely with professionally, but I actually preferred to have someone who I knew well. The fact that she and all the nurses were colleagues actually made me more comfortable and completely at ease under their care. I think we probably ended up with superior care because of it too (not that that’s how it should be, but I think it did happen that way). I also think I was taken more seriously when I went to be assessed for high BP even though my readings weren’t “high”, just high compared to my baseline. They were super thorough and still did blood work, and good thing they did, because I ended up having preeclampsia. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

On 11/16/2022 at 12:25 AM, Keys said:

I'm with you there. I thought I saw a green blob coming out of me and freaked--not something I would want captured for posterity. One of my girlfriends, who had had a very easy labor (well, considering) had a miserable time with the second and she attacked her husband and told him if he ever touched her again she would kill him. Again, not a moment you really want memorialized.

• Love 2

I was insane during labor. I’m so glad I never saw any of those nurses or the doctor ever again. That was embarrassing. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Totally… I feel like I’d be trying to censor myself during labour and pushing, and who has the time or energy for that when you’re going through one of the hardest bodily processes of life?!

• Upvote 4

When you are in pain and you cuss a lot, you can handle the pain better. There are studies about it. Cussing is a good way to release stress. I read a book about the negative effects from the trend of positivity these days. There was a chapter about cussing. Very interesting. It's from Juliane Marie Schreiber and written in german language. It's called "I would rather not". 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

During labor with my first I asked for a gun so I could shoot myself. We went to childbirth classes for my second and the leader asked the childbirth veterans for suggestions about what to bring to the hospital. I said, “You’ve got to bring your own gun because they will not provide one no matter how much you beg.”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 19
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Bastet said:

During labor with my first I asked for a gun so I could shoot myself. We went to childbirth classes for my second and the leader asked the childbirth veterans for suggestions about what to bring to the hospital. I said, “You’ve got to bring your own gun because they will not provide one no matter how much you beg.”

I begged my husband to shoot me when I was in labor with my first. 

• Upvote 2

I wanted to shoot the orderlies who plowed into the doors in the days before the automatically opening doors.  Be very thankful for those new doors, ladies.  You do not want a gurney hitting anything at the peak of a contraction.

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic