IGNORED

Bates 31: When Will They Go Away?

Coconut Flan

I did some downhill skiing as a kid and remember loving it. The last time I went was in my 20s and it felt incredibly fast and I didn't love it. I do, however really enjoy cross country skiing. It's so beautiful.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I have never skied before in my life & I have no interest in doing it. But anyone who does I give you great props in doing so. 

I surfed for the first time when I was 40. It is fucking AWESOME. I highly recommend trying new things!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure where to put this, so here we are: thank you all so much for being welcoming and kind and answering my stupid  Bates and Duggar questions. You are am amazing group of people.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

On 2/1/2023 at 8:19 PM, JMO said:

I love skiing but man is it expensive.  It just goes to show how far the Bates have come that they have a yearly ski trip that they all fly to and a couple of the guys appear to travel with their own boards. That big house for a week? $$$$ Lift tickets for multiple kids for a week? $$$$ plus air fare. Even if you assume that everyone over 18 pays their own way, it's a lot.

Reality television and taking over a cult really has paid off for them in the end!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

21 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Reality television and taking over a cult really has paid off for them in the end!

Gil was always going to find a way to make big bucks. That guy is Gil the Grifter. Money drives him.

• Upvote 8

Good old Pensacola Christian College, being ugly as always. How many Bates in laws went there? Kelton and Bobby?

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/15/us/kings-singers-pensacola-christian-college-cec/index.html

Florida college cancels singing group’s concert due to ‘lifestyle that contradicts scripture’

• Upvote 6

27 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Good old Pensacola Christian College, being ugly as always. How many Bates in laws went there? Kelton and Bobby?

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/15/us/kings-singers-pensacola-christian-college-cec/index.html

Florida college cancels singing group’s concert due to ‘lifestyle that contradicts scripture’

But I bet they wouldn’t have cancelled if one of the singers was divorced instead of gay. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

51 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But I bet they wouldn’t have cancelled if one of the singers was divorced instead of gay. 

Or just plain partnered up without marriage. 

• Upvote 3

On 2/1/2023 at 6:18 PM, indianabones said:

I recently started cross country skiing, and I love it. I don't think I'll ever learn how to downhill ski- not really worth the risk for me now that I'm in my 30's. I wish that my parents had taught us when we were kids, since they used to be big skiers.

Both types of skiing can be fun. I really prefer cross-country simply because I feel like I see more wildlife, landscapes etc. some trails and paths are more challenging than others but I’ve yet to come across a situation so unsafe I was genuinely concerned. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, SunnySide said:

Both types of skiing can be fun. I really prefer cross-country simply because I feel like I see more wildlife, landscapes etc. some trails and paths are more challenging than others but I’ve yet to come across a situation so unsafe I was genuinely concerned. 

I broke a few bones in a fall last year and both of my parents had skiing injuries (muscular/tendon) bad enough to stop entirely, so I'm just being cautious.

I also don't have the money to pay for the combined expense of lift passes, transportation, and rentals (even though I live in one of the most affordable areas for downhill skiing in the country, it still adds up) so cross country it is! All the Nordic centers around me are free to enter and I can bring my dogs along!

• Upvote 4

Alyssa confirmed in her most recent YouTube that her whole family were paid for appearing on the show, even the kids. One assumes that is true for the whole family. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

19 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Alyssa confirmed in her most recent YouTube that her whole family were paid for appearing on the show, even the kids. One assumes that is true for the whole family. 

I believe it would be illegal not to pay the kids.

4 hours ago, JDuggs said:

I hope Gil is nearby because Kelly is up with Katie. Poor kid. That looks rough.

Gil flew to NJ. Carlin posted a story and he was in the waiting room along with Kelly and the entire Clark Family 

• Upvote 2

And honestly this is the problem with having so many kids, you can't be there when they all need you. And as the kids get more and .more spread out it will become even more of a problem. Already the Bates have children living in 4 States, but it could be more as time goes by. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Gil flew to NJ. Carlin posted a story and he was in the waiting room along with Kelly and the entire Clark Family 

If Katie and Hailey are healthy, Kelly and Gil need to get back to TN to take care of their son. Michael and Brandon are probably watching all the younger Bates kids and visiting Warden to make sure he’s okay. But I suppose grandbabies are more fun than caring for your own injured child.

• Upvote 6

To be fair, he is almost 20. He could be living on his own if he had a different upbringing. I don't know if I would put being at the birth of my anxious daughter with POTS as a first time mom or a collar bone fracture of my adult teen higher on a list of priorities. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

13 minutes ago, gobucks said:

To be fair, he is almost 20. He could be living on his own if he had a different upbringing. I don't know if I would put being at the birth of my anxious daughter with POTS as a first time mom or a collar bone fracture of my adult teen higher on a list of priorities. 

That’s why I said if Katie and Hailey are healthy, they (or at least one of them) should go back. If Warden’s in pain, he’s not going to be comprehending everything that’s going on with his care although he’s technically an adult. Most patients need someone else to listen to the doctor and ask questions. Katie has a spouse, her sister and her in-laws taking care of her. She’s covered.

• Upvote 8

8 hours ago, gobucks said:

He is young and probably in a lot of pain, I think it is too bad that neither of his parents are there. Plus Kelly wasn't in the delivery room, she and Gil were just in the waiting room. Plus I watched the video and Kelly wasn't doing anything to ease Katie's anxiety, just laughing at her being in denial. Carlin was much more helpful and I suspect that is why Katie chose Carlin as her support person over Kelly. 

• Upvote 7

My mom was no help when I was in labor. I’m glad she wasn’t there because she can’t handle that type of situation anyway. My mom is way better at taking care of a person with an arm in a cast like Warden. She’s terrible in labor situations. 

3 hours ago, gobucks said:

Carlin is ridiculous and vapid but she really was cheering her on. It was so awesome to hear her say superwoman!

I also really appreciated Carlin stepping in when Katie was in denial and didn't want to call Travis and Carlin was obviously concerned by her rising heart rate. It was a different side of Carlin than we normally see.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Maybe Carlin has learned a few things from her own health issues. And can help her sisters when they are having medical anxiety. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic