IGNORED

Bates 31: When Will They Go Away?

Coconut Flan

7 hours ago, gobucks said:

I love how Lawson can have a visiting puppy at his home but not his own actual dog Duke. 

I wonder if Lawson even pays for Duke's food? My guess is no.

• Upvote 6

Huskies are WORK! My daughter has 2 pure breds and a husky x australian shepherd mix (by DNA). In the summer, if they're outside, they're hiding under something and sprawled out on the floor inside. The husky x aussie likes to sleep in the bathtub all year round, unless it snows. The colder it is, the happier he is. They will all stay outside until forced in during the winter (Colorado, freeze your ass off, it sucks) cold. All three are very vocal, they "talk" all the damn time. I much prefer my not so vocal cats, although they're pretty chatty for non-Siamese cats. Leia orders Luke around and Luke whines. Its funny as hell. 

• Upvote 5

An old classmate of mine is practicing in Alaska now (husband is in the military so they move where he gets stationed).  When in Rome... they got a husky puppy for Xmas last year and their daughter is taking sledding lessons with her.  She occasionally posts videos of them and it's so damn cute I can hardly stand it.

• Love 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A subset of the Bates clan (Kelly, Gil, young kids, Lydia, the Websters) are in Tampa watching these two studs play flag football. I guess men don’t defraud.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4c8b97f039a1f54efce0f47782b74b86.png

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 3

But as you see @JDuggs Trace is able to show skin since he is married while Warden is more covered up since he isn't officially in a courtship! 😉

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

Those are pretty tight spandex pants. You would think modesty regarding the worshipped penis would be pushed harder (that’s what she said) amongst the fundies. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 19

17 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Those are pretty tight spandex pants. You would think modesty regarding the worshipped penis would be pushed harder (that’s what she said) amongst the fundies. 

Who said?

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1

It looks like many of the Bateses are heading to Colorado for their annual trip. I’m wondering how many won’t go. I bet Erin and Chad won’t go. And neither will Tori’s family. They might actually have to wear pants if they went skiing. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It looks like many of the Bateses are heading to Colorado for their annual trip. I’m wondering how many won’t go. I bet Erin and Chad won’t go. And neither will Tori’s family. They might actually have to wear pants if they went skiing. 

I haven’t checked out their social media yet this afternoon . I’m guessing the youngest seven will be there. Josie said the Balkas are going. Lawson was flying somewhere today so I’m guessing he and Tiffany will be there. Trace and Lydia always like a fun trip. Maybe Michael (and Brandon) so she can babysit. I wouldn’t bet on any of the other married or adult kids will be there. Maybe Jackson.

Yep, Jackson and girlfriend are there too.

Edited by JDuggs
Adding
  • Upvote 5

No no no !!! I’m in Colorado for the ski season and I don’t want to be tripping over the extended Bates family. Can’t they go somewhere else?

Here’s hoping that they aren’t at the same resort as my family. 

I know that they are at liberty to go wherever they choose but I prefer the fictional element of reading about their exploits rather that potentially seeing them in the flesh so to speak. In so many ways it is as if they are characters in a play, with set lines and lives mapped out by the playwright. 

• Upvote 7

6 hours ago, Angelface said:

No no no !!! I’m in Colorado for the ski season and I don’t want to be tripping over the extended Bates family. Can’t they go somewhere else?

Here’s hoping that they aren’t at the same resort as my family. 

I know that they are at liberty to go wherever they choose but I prefer the fictional element of reading about their exploits rather that potentially seeing them in the flesh so to speak. In so many ways it is as if they are characters in a play, with set lines and lives mapped out by the playwright. 

Officially on Bates watch, I dub thee and go… we need the goss

• Haha 5

It looks like Lawson and Tiffany, John. (per the Websters Vlog), Nathan, Esther and Kenna, Trace and Lydia, The Balkas, Jackson and Emerson and the younger kids. 

From the looks of it, Josie is the only married daughter going.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

I’m not surprised Nathan and Esther brought their new baby on a trip with hordes of people, but that’s the last place I’d bring a baby. This would have been a great opportunity for John to have one on one time with Allie in a family environment teaching her how to ski. They could have made that a family tradition that he takes one kid each year.

Edited by JDuggs
Grammar
  • Upvote 3

It just goes to show that having 4-5 kids and constantly being pregnant means you probably can not go on the far away family vacations that the childless or one child families can make. Esther should probably note that it’s easier to take a newborn than it is to take a few toddlers and kids. In a few years, they will probably stay home like the others. 

• Upvote 4

Tiff bypassed the Bates family trip to Colorado and headed to SoCal instead. Good for her that she doesn’t feel the obligation to do the Bates family thing when she’d rather be with family. 

• Upvote 8

7 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

It looks like Lawson and Tiffany, John. (per the Websters Vlog), Nathan, Esther and Kenna, Trace and Lydia, The Balkas, Jackson and Emerson and the younger kids. 

From the looks of it, Josie is the only married daughter going.

Tiffany is in San Diego at Church. I guess it's never to early for a separate vacation if you aren't married for love.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GracieLou Free Duggar said:

Tiffany is in San Diego at Church. I guess it's never to early for a separate vacation if you aren't married for love.

I saw that afterwards. I wonder if she is pregnant and can't ski? Normally, I would assume they would both skip but I doubt Lawson would consider that. Or any of them, since John is there while Alyssa is at home 30 weeks pregnant and with 4 kids.

It really is surprising to see a fundie couple do separate vacations in the first year of marriage. That practically never happens. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It really is surprising to see a fundie couple do separate vacations in the first year of marriage. That practically never happens. 

Katie has done a few trips without Travis (Florida, Tennessee) and vice versa and Esther did a girl's weekend with her sisters. I actually think it is fairly healthy. I know it is not the same as two separate vacations but Tiffany is visiting her parents, I think she obviously didn't want to go skiing for some reason and wasn't going to sit home alone in Tennessee (which she hates)

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic