IGNORED

Lori Alexander 81: It's All the Fault of Women

1 hour ago, hollyfeller said:

Pets are NOT cheap, LazyLori!  But they are much more loyal and loving than some of my previous partners LOL

And I bet they don’t have to be mentored about how to love, do they?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, HoneyBunny said:

Nah, I'm pretty sure they're born knowing how to do that, which is more than I can say for Lori.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

6 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

Oh yeah.  All my money goes to wine, pet food and cosmetics. Actually, not pet food and cosmetics.  And not cheap wine  

BA7A25C7-C9B7-4FD1-A8AC-90C52C2B3E77.png

Who thinks she's trying to go viral again? 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

She's so worried about what unmarried women in the workforce buy, that she doesn't mention unmarried men in the workforce.  Are they buying beer, dog food and Axe spray?  Is it sad that they aren't buying milk, lawnmowers and electric drills??  Inquiring minds want to know.

• Upvote 10

On 10/28/2022 at 5:05 PM, ADoyle90815 said:

To me, it sounds like she wants another excuse to blame women for something yet again.

There are plenty of celebrity divorces regularly that pass without her commenting. Between that and the GOAT emoji and the tears emoji, I feel like she was definitely fan girling Tom Brady. 

• Upvote 2

Lori acts as if the American economy depends on the purchases of diapers , wipes and baby clothes. Unless you are quiverful you are only buying these things for a limited amount of time. She is such a twit.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

6 hours ago, Botkinetti said:

Lori acts as if the American economy depends on the purchases of diapers , wipes and baby clothes. Unless you are quiverful you are only buying these things for a limited amount of time. She is such a twit.

Baby products is a 254 billion US dollar industry, worldwide. People are not going to quit buying baby stuff, Lori. Because people keep having babies. And when you have older mothers, with more disposable income, they buy more things. And they buy new things for each kid, vs hand me downs. 

Giant families with with hundreds of kids and grand kids are not the target demographic for the baby product industry. Those people tend to buy a few nice things and pass them down. They buy the cheaper diapers and cost is more important than marketing.  Whereas the 35 year old lawyer using IVF is more likely to buy the Bugaboo, the Silver Cross, etc. And they will buy things like wipe warmers and diaper genies, vs the woman with less means (because they listened to Lori) are living in smaller houses and using the *gasp* regular trash for diapers. Or washing their own, vs using a service. 

Lori is stupid, like always. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

On 10/28/2022 at 3:34 PM, louisa05 said:

WTF is this??? 

Reveal hidden contents

3494A64D-37C8-4257-82A3-5DE8970CF8F2.jpeg.8cd7aa51a785b0c805410bf3710c517a.jpeg

On 10/29/2022 at 12:00 PM, HoneyBunny said:

Ugh. Her latest YouTube video is about Giselle being a witch. LazyLori is sick. There is something not right with her, not only in what she says/thinks, but in the way she speaks. She speaks so haltingly, like she is struggling to find words. 

Wait, Giselle is a witch? Good for her!

Frankly people like Lori seem to believe more in magic than most actual witches do, it seems. 

On 11/5/2022 at 3:44 PM, Maggie Mae said:

I'm not going to turn into an animal hater just because I had kids, that's insane and sociopathic behavior. 

Insane and sociopathic. That's Lori! Remember she is the one who injured her foot trying to kick her cat!

On 11/5/2022 at 5:51 PM, HoneyBunny said:

My kitty does not. He is aggressively affectionate. While we're at home, he mostly hangs out and occasionally comes for snuggles. But I can leave the house for like 5 minutes and when I come home he is YELLING at me to sit down so he can climb on me and rub his nose all over my face. 

6 hours ago, Botkinetti said:

Most people with huge amounts of kids I would imagine at least try out cloth diapers and wipes, and have plenty of hand-me-down baby clothes. And since she doesn't want women to work, there's signifcantly less money there to be spent on anything at all. 

Lori just wants to make other women feel bad to raise herself up. I'd say it was sad except I think it's actually sadistic in her case. She enjoys hurting people. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

22 hours ago, louisa05 said:

I feel like she was definitely fan girling Tom Brady. 

She had a thing about football. She has made other comments in the past about how football is proof that men and women are different because women can't play football. She's also talked a lot of men watching football and other football references over the years. I think she has a foot fetish as the ultimate in manly manliness. 

• Upvote 5

Lori shared this hobby horse of hers today: 

Spoiler

C6FECC74-2779-4E57-B5D2-1A9F0CF9A18C.jpeg.bef4229145909cb1ee9ea021447527f7.jpeg

And a commenter wanted to reassure her partner that she’s not in love with him. So sweet: 

Spoiler

9562696E-2330-4A21-AC5A-9FB1FCB41503.jpeg.329f62a0cb245111ebeb89d31036f4a4.jpeg

• Haha 9

Another commenter said her hubby was everything Lori advised a man should be, but had no interest in her.

I was actually surprised Lori didn't post that situation was the perfect marriage.

I truly wonder how Ken feels knowing (without a doubt from her own words) that Lori never did. still doesn't, and never will love him. Knowing that she married him because he checked off her boxes. Not that I condone cheating, but I'd understand if Ken found some love elsewhere.

I believe Lori is so mean, so judgmental, so critical because she is completely incapable of loving anyone. Not Ken. Not her children. Not her grandchildren. Not her parents. Not even herself.  I don't think she even likes anyone or ever has.

Her mantra is that women have to be taught to love. Which is the stupidest most ridiculous statement ever.  Armchair shrink here, but Lori is a sociopath who tries to mimic normal human reactions but fails miserably.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 9

I couldn't imagine marrying someone I wasn't madly and passionately in love with. I was completely nutso for my husband. I loved him madly, passionately and deeply (still do). 

Cats: Big Stupid and Neurotica will sleep on my bed. Big Stupid wraps his paws around my arm and wiggles himself until my hand is resting on his chest. Neurotica has to have her face shoved in mine. It's lovely breathing cat fur. El Chonko (my son's cat) divides his time between me and him at night. He's such a shit. He'll lay in the middle of the bed or chair and essentially dare you to sit on him. He won't move. Seriously. You have to reposition yourself before he moves. 

They don't need to be taught how to love, neither do most people. Lori has issues. BIG issues. She'd benefit more from a good shrink than her nasty "organic" food. There is something very wrong with this woman. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

On 11/8/2022 at 8:53 AM, louisa05 said:

Lori shared this hobby horse of hers today: 

Hide contents

C6FECC74-2779-4E57-B5D2-1A9F0CF9A18C.jpeg.bef4229145909cb1ee9ea021447527f7.jpeg

And a commenter wanted to reassure her partner that she’s not in love with him. So sweet: 

Hide contents

9562696E-2330-4A21-AC5A-9FB1FCB41503.jpeg.329f62a0cb245111ebeb89d31036f4a4.jpeg

Um... Don't most people who get married do so because they live someone AND they think that person will be a good partner and possibly parent?

• Upvote 7

16 hours ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

Um... Don't most people who get married do so because they live someone AND they think that person will be a good partner and possibly parent?

When I taught at an evangelical Christian high school, there were a lot of chapel sermons about marriage (seriously, how warped is that?), they emphasized lists of requirements and common theology over all else. A lot of the pastors told the kids that the idea of compatibility is “secular” and leads to divorce. The only compatibility required is same beliefs and agreement to follow strict gender roles. And all of them insisted that love  is an action or choice not a feeling at all  so if a person met the requirements feelings about them and even attraction don’t matter. Emotions were generally looked down on in their world. Especially for women. 

• Sad 6

3 hours ago, louisa05 said:

they emphasized lists of requirements

Yeah, I had a list. He had to be reasonably good looking and wildly in love with me. That was about it. I mean, there were other things like having a job, but...ya know? He was (to me) gorgeous, thought I hung the sun, moon and stars, and had a job. 

I don't understand this idea of "as long as tab A fits into slot B and we go to the same church" as relationship goals. There is so much more to look for, to have. Then there's the idea of divorce is never an option. So, these kids (yes, they're kids) are stuck with someone that they're fundamentally incompatible with, that as they grow they grow in different directions, choose to change their theology or leave faith/religion altogether, they are still stuck in a miserable relationship. 

Lori is the poster child for transactional relationships. There's no substance there. Compared to Lori and Ken, I have a deeper relationship with my cats. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

I  have a memory from my childhood. I vaguely remember which church, so sometime between age 9 and 12ish, or you know, sometime in the 1990s, AKA before the world went Ultra HD. My parents were talking to father whomever before Mass. Father Blank said that he hated having to give this homily/sermon. It was the one about Wives, support your husbands and Husbands love your wives. It is literally the only homily that I remember any part of, and he really harped on how much he believed that the ACTUAL interpretation was that spouses need to love and honor and support each other, and that support means love, and it doesn't mean you have to sit there and take abuse. I really hope it wasn't the priest that got run out of that church for sexual assault of a minor (female, for a twist). 

My "list" for acceptable partner grew the more I dated. I would be so poor if I had married the first guy I kissed, our entire relationship was based around getting high. He's my friends cousin and he hasn't really changed. Although now my friend is better friends with his wife than me, but I guess 4500 miles will change things. If I married the premed guy I dated in college would have so much more money but ugh, I hated dating him. He never let me watch a movie or have a night alone, sometimes I actually want to watch the movie and not just make out on the couch.  

There was the guy who hated cats. The bartender whose mom proposed a threesome. The other bartender. The D list actor. IDK I'm so glad I found someone. I can't go back into that world. I just can't. I'd probably just try being single if it wasn't for this guy who I like a lot and matches my lifestyle perfectly. 

• Upvote 5

@Maggie Mae The evangelical young women I knew with lists (adults not the HS kids) had such shallow crap on their lists, though. Someone told them they should do this at 12 or 13 and they were carrying around a list of things someone that age found important. So there was all the “godly” and “reads his Bible” type stuff but one I went to college with had stuff like “doesn’t wear white socks except when doing sports.” A HS friend (Catholic but caught this idea somehow) had “likes candle light dinners” and “tenor voice and songs to me”.  

FTR, I’ve never heard a homily include wifely submission in a Catholic Church. And that part is in brackets in the readings—which makes reading ot optional. During our pre-marital sessions, our priest at the time told us it was Roman household code related and from that time, then emphasized love and sacrifice. I’m sure there are some patriarchal priests out there saying otherwise but I haven’t met one yet. 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

FTR, I’ve never heard a homily include wifely submission in a Catholic Church. And that part is in brackets in the readings—which makes reading ot optional. During our pre-marital sessions, our priest at the time told us it was Roman household code related and from that time, then emphasized love and sacrifice. I’m sure there are some patriarchal priests out there saying otherwise but I haven’t met one yet. 

I vaguely remember that he mentioned it only shows up once every x years but I'd forgotten that until you said something. 

I got kicked out of Spanish freshman year of HS, and had to take Liturgy Planning, so I sort of but not really remember anything about the reading rotation. I recently went to Mass for a funeral and it felt like everything had changed, anyway. Unlike when I watched "Midnight Mass" last year and hallucinated incense and had some rather intense memories come flooding over me. 

41 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

I vaguely remember that he mentioned it only shows up once every x years but I'd forgotten that until you said something. 

I got kicked out of Spanish freshman year of HS, and had to take Liturgy Planning, so I sort of but not really remember anything about the reading rotation. I recently went to Mass for a funeral and it felt like everything had changed, anyway. Unlike when I watched "Midnight Mass" last year and hallucinated incense and had some rather intense memories come flooding over me. 

The English translation changed beginning with Advent of 2011. Some responses are different and language throughout is altered.  That’s probably what you noticed. 
The lectionary is a three year cycle. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

The English translation changed beginning with Advent of 2011. Some responses are different and language throughout is altered.  That’s probably what you noticed. 
The lectionary is a three year cycle. 

Some of it was church specific, like the music was very much contemporary boring generic Christian so I didn't know the melodies, and yeah, the responses were different. I wasn't sure if I just didn't remember, or what. And the church itself was a much newer, brighter, and very west coast with a happy Jesus ascension instead of the bleeding emaciated naked Jesus of my childhood. The Priest explained everything as we went, vs the whole "you just need to figure out it out even though you are six" plus a "please silence your phones" warning. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/10/2022 at 9:22 PM, Maggie Mae said:

Some of it was church specific, like the music was very much contemporary boring generic Christian so I didn't know the melodies, and yeah, the responses were different. I wasn't sure if I just didn't remember, or what. And the church itself was a much newer, brighter, and very west coast with a happy Jesus ascension instead of the bleeding emaciated naked Jesus of my childhood. The Priest explained everything as we went, vs the whole "you just need to figure out it out even though you are six" plus a "please silence your phones" warning. 

Priests usually explain things at funeral masses, I think with the assumption that a lot of people there are non-Catholic. You could count the Catholics attending on one hand at my dad's as my mom's entire family is not. Most of his family is not anymore and very few were able to make the trip. Honestly, priests who explain everything at every mass (we had one for awhile) drive me crazy. 

• Upvote 1

Lori is doubling, tripling, quadrupling down on how women are NOT created for the work force AT ALL not even single women. We are too emotional, weak and inferior to hold down a job, ANY JOB at ANY TIME EVER.   And of course the fan boys and girls on IG are providing supportive message. Who are these weirdos?  Really, I can even with some of their logic.  

There was this comment: (bolding mine)

"You are so right. Women employees often rub business off with their attitudes. They are there to collect a check, not because they want to be. There is way to much pressure on Women to work a job instead of the job they were created to do, being a wife and mother"

Like literally -- who are these folks? Women are just one big stereotype in Lori's world. They make me ragey and want to punch something.  I work in healthcare (a large health care system) our workforce is probably 70 percent female. NONE of the women I work with resemble these made up "women" Lori talks about who I guess are fainting at work from being out of their safe home cocoons instead of being protected and provided for by the big strong manly men.  

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7

Yes! And I really don't get it.

Every job I have ever held 'outside the home' has been physically, mentally, and emotionally *much* easier to cope with than this at-home parenting and housework job that I've been doing for nearly 20 years now. Talk about a high-pressure job where people's whole lives feel like they depend on your decisions about crackers and juice!

I know some jobs are very taxing (nursing, for sure!) and maybe 'the grass is always greener' plays big role in how I see things. But I just don't get the argument that "working is too hard because women are weak" -- like I couldn't pump gas for 8h on much less effort than caring for a pair of toddlers, or even a pair of teenagers for 14h+ takes out of you. There are thousands of jobs that are harder than parenting and thousands of jobs that are easier than parenting. Parents-while-parenting (whether they are moms or dads) aren't taking an easy job, and they aren't usually doing it because they 'aren't suited' to do anything supposedly 'harder' than parenting.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I'd have to say every single job I've had was easier than being a parent/SAHM. Assembly line worker, fast food manager, designer, teacher...all easier than being a wife/mother. With a job/career, the duties and parameters are pretty well defined and most of us have some sort of training/education to do that job. Parenting? Nope. That's a big OJT thing and you live not knowing if you're doing it right, pretty much ever. 

• Upvote 5

• samurai_sarah locked this topic