IGNORED

Lori Alexander 81: It's All the Fault of Women

Have y'all ever noticed that Lori and her minions who, if they aren't discussing women in medical fields, only ever talk about working women in terms of high-powered business careers? You know--those 80s commercials with women in power suits and floppy tie-thingies around their necks striding down 5th Avenue wearing Enjoli perfume (dating myself there big-time!) and flirting with the elevator attendant on their way up to the executive suite? That's what they all seem to be visualising when talking about Working Women. But what about the millions and millions of working women who clock in at Walmart, a factory, Kroger, WaWa, Burger King? Stocking shelves, working a cash register, preparing food. Or women who work in school cafeterias, for cleaning companies, the service industry in general? Most of them aren't in it for advancement, for a career, for shits and giggles. They're in it to earn enough money to pay their bills, feed their children, and, if they're lucky, get some decent health insurance, not for that second car, yearly Disney vacation, and Coach handbag.😕

As always with Lori, she shows her extreme privilege. But some of her minions--a LOT of them, I'd guess--fit right into the working categories I'm talking about, and yet they STILL agree with her. I just do not understand these people.:pb_confused:

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 9

6 minutes ago, Loveday said:

They're in it to earn enough money to pay their bills, feed their children, and, if they're lucky, get some decent health insurance, not for that second car, yearly Disney vacation, and Coach handbag.😕

Isn't that why we work? I'm sort of fond of things like food, gas, a roof over my head and electricity. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

24 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Isn't that why we work? I'm sort of fond of things like food, gas, a roof over my head and electricity. 

Heh. Not in Lori's world, apparently. Women in her world--and we all know she can't imagine herself in any other world, even for a moment, to understand how it might be for others not as privileged--only work for the luxuries. 

Meanwhile, she goes to Door County WI for at least two months every summer, and is well off enough to spend $14 ( more like $20 these days!) on organic butter. I can never figure out how, with a straight face, she tells women to forego the expensive vacations while at the same time she's sitting on that porch looking at that lake! All summer!

Ugh. My blood boils.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

Y'all, did Lori just post on FB comparing husbands to bosses?  Please tell me I'm wrong.  

Time to go read Sheila G. and get back to sanity. 

• Upvote 4

On 11/10/2022 at 10:20 AM, louisa05 said:

And all of them insisted that love  is an action or choice not a feeling at all

Has it ever occurred to these people that love can be BOTH?  Geez.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

20 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Y'all, did Lori just post on FB comparing husbands to bosses?  Please tell me I'm wrong.  

Time to go read Sheila G. and get back to sanity. 

She's done it before, many times, but not usually so blatantly. Well...okay, usually JUST as blatantly, but without using the word 'boss.' 🙄

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I'd have to say every single job I've had was easier than being a parent/SAHM. Assembly line worker, fast food manager, designer, teacher...all easier than being a wife/mother. With a job/career, the duties and parameters are pretty well defined and most of us have some sort of training/education to do that job. Parenting? Nope. That's a big OJT thing and you live not knowing if you're doing it right, pretty much ever. 

The mr. And i were discussing that today.  "Remember when 'please let me go to work. It'll be easier than this. I'll take all of the worst behavior there, but i gotta leave this screaming baby' was a thing? "

(The kid has gotten way easier. I think the 6 months of "screaming if not being held" was the tipping point of the worst.  Now it's more like "your robotics coach is a Saint. Quit giving of and work on the damn project".

Which... at least we're mostly speaking the same language? AND no screaming. Except the normal middle schooler goofing off screaming. 😉

• Upvote 5

@dawbs they do get easier, sort of, as they get older. The up side as they get older is they can solve their own damn problems. 

Still interviewing like crazy, something has to shake loose soon. 

• Upvote 3

Lori needs to put  a disclaimer on her blog posts about women who work outside the home
“I am a big honkin’ hypocrite to write the following seeing as my husband has a orthodontic consulting company and these offices are 99%+++ staffed by women. We make a nice living off the backs of these women and I really shouldn’t preach against them. But I do. And I will continue to do so because I get some people patting me on the back for these posts. And sometimes those people are men! That’s the best! Oh, and lots of times ( ok, once or twice, but still) my posts go viral!  It gives me shivers to think of all the men reading those viral posts and thinking what a good girl I am 😇. Anyway, read at your own risk, and remember my life is very different from what I tell you to do.  But who cares?  You’re only women.”

• Upvote 12

The following is from Cassi's husband's public professional webpage. Cassi appears to be happily doing what Lori so vehemently preaches against. One might also think that the orthodontic practice could well support the hiring of someone to do the tasks Cassi is probably doing (payroll, accounts payable, staff issues, to guess just a few) so that she could stay home and focus solely on the needs of their five children (including one under age one). And Lori has the audacity to berate women who are working to put food on their table and clothes on their children's backs.

CASSI

OFFICE MANAGER

I started in the orthodontic field working for my father, who is an orthodontic consultant, as a child putting slide shows in presentations for him. In 2012, I started working in an orthodontic office as a Treatment Coordinator. Throughout the years, I have been a scheduling coordinator, treatment coordinator, orthodontic assistant, and now Office Manager. Most of the time I work from home, but occasionally you will see me in the office helping out where needed! 

Dr. Boyer and I have been married since 2014 and have five wonderful children. We enjoy working with each other as we like to do everything together. :) I spend the majority of my time taking care of my family and helping with the practice, but in my spare time, I like to read a good book, be active/play sports and spend quality time with my family. We love being a part of and bringing confident smiles to this wonderful community!

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

Are women allowed to work in their husband’s offices in Lori’s world?

How could that not take away time with 5 very young children?

I’m not criticizing Cassi for doing it, but I agree it seems the opposite of what Lori preaches. 

Does it sound weird to anyone else to refer to your husband as Dr. Boyer?  There must be a better way to write that sentence. 
It’s 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

17 minutes ago, kpmom said:

I’m not criticizing Cassi for doing it, but I agree it seems the opposite of what Lori preaches. 

I usually assume everything Lori preaches is the opposite of what she and her family do.

• I Agree 8

On 11/18/2022 at 6:35 AM, kpmom said:

Does it sound weird to anyone else to refer to your husband as Dr. Boyer?  There must be a better way to write that sentence. 

I think that's a fairly common way to refer to your husband in this type of publication - the people it's directed at know Dr. Boyer as Dr. Boyer, but they might not know they are married until reading this. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Lori is back on debt-free virgins without tattoos again. She’s just aching for another viral moment. 

Once again, this brings to mind my mom’s insistence to me that “all the guys want virgins,” based on her convos with her friends’ young adult sons, who were sagely nodding at her in agreement while, I guarantee, getting it on with their girlfriends.

• Upvote 5

So did y'all see Lori's post about her pitiful Thanksgiving dinner? Seriously? And it was probably just a little so no one would eat more than their child size portion.

They only had Turkey, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie. She never even mentioned her slime salad with nasty salmonella dressing or her famous bread.

Edited by Free Jana Duggar
  • Disgust 1

On 11/18/2022 at 10:35 AM, kpmom said:

How could that not take away time with 5 very young children?

I suspect that is the reason Lori is frequently babysitting Cassi's children -- she is working.

On 11/18/2022 at 12:00 PM, Foursquare said:

And all of the staff, except Dr. Boyer, appear to be female.

Same with Steven's practice in NY. He has a slightly larger practice and a FEMALE associate orthodontist. Along with an entirely female staff. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

So did y'all see Lori's post about her pitiful Thanksgiving dinner? Seriously? And it was probably just a little so no one would eat more than their child size portion.

They only had Turkey, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie. She never even mentioned her slime salad with nasty salmonella dressing or her famous bread.

They also had two kinds of gravy and organic cranberry  sauce (no Ocean Spray for Lori!) and some yams (she did not say how she fixed them). I guess she couldn't be bothered to steam some fresh, organic green beans or asparagus. Apparently, this meal was so popular that the family wants it again for Christmas! I don't know what to make of her statement that she wrote this elaborate menu down so she would not forget it. 

• Haha 5

On 10/28/2022 at 3:34 PM, louisa05 said:

WTF is this??? 

Hide contents

3494A64D-37C8-4257-82A3-5DE8970CF8F2.jpeg.8cd7aa51a785b0c805410bf3710c517a.jpeg

I’m a lapsed Jew and my husband is lapsed Wicca. How does that jive with men marrying witches?

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I’m a lapsed Jew and my husband is lapsed Wicca. How does that jive with men marrying witches?

Lori's head would explode.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

On 11/28/2022 at 9:42 AM, Free Jana Duggar said:

And her pumpkin pie recipe is for a frozen pie crust. I work and have no children and can make a pie crust from scratch. How does she explain using a frozen one??? 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic