IGNORED

Lori Alexander 81: It's All the Fault of Women

Wait .... Wait .... What...!??

Lori just now figured out that Donna Reed, Barbara Billingsley, and Frances Bavier were professional actresses -- career women whose jobs were to portray stay-at-home mother/ care-givers.

Seriously how utterly and completely stupid is this woman. Did she think "Leave it to Beaver" was a documentary. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 16

Today I learned that San Diego County has nearly double the rate of giardia infections of the rest of the country (12.1 cases per 100,000 people in SD county vs. 6.4 cases in the US.) I'm curious how Lori contracted it. It isn't rare, by any means, but is associated with contaminated water and fecal contact. Many people get it through water recreation, contact with contaminated water while hiking, or contact with dog poop. 1/3 of the cases in San Diego are refugees. Guess smearing your hands with grilled cheese grease doesn't ward off germs, Lori. Better wash your produce more.

Did she claim to have giardia and/or helicobacter pylori the last time she "healed" her gut?

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Fallgirl30 said:

I’ll take Lori’s problems any day…

BE2790D1-CBF0-40D7-8F00-A4E003CDE9DE.jpeg

Because of Lori's crap way of writing, it took me a minute to realize what she meant here. I kept thinking--wait, Donna Reed didn't have a job! June Cleaver certainly didn't go to work every day! Samantha Stevens was definitely a stay at home wife and mom! (of course, Lori didn't watch that one, it was about witches!) Then it dawned on me. 🙄

I guess we could go back to how they did it in the medieval and Renaissance eras--men and boys could take all the female roles. But she'd complain about that, too. Can't have men in dresses, now. She's right, it IS a lose-lose situation. Might as well turn the TV off, Lori. Even the most wholesome program is actually sinful. 😕 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Lori just now figured out that Donna Reed, Barbara Billingsley, and Frances Bavier were professional actresses -- career women whose jobs were to portray stay-at-home mother/ care-givers.

Seriously how utterly and completely stupid is this woman. Did she think "Leave it to Beaver" was a documentary. 

Not only was Donna Reed an actress, she was a vital part of the production company that she formed with her husband, which created the Donna Reed show. The Donna Reed show was created at a time when television was just a "fad" and a lot of producers weren't keen on creating TV content, preferring to focus on films. Aunt Bee studied at Columbia to be a teacher before moving into vaudeville, then broadway, then film and television. 

I suspect, though, that Lori's cruel comments might have been directed at Lucille Ball, as Lori lives under a rock. I suspect she finally got around to watching one of the dozens of shows/documentaries/dramatic dances about the great Lucille, and learned that she was not at all the funny but submissive housewife she dreamed of, despite the black and white colour scheme. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

@Red Hair, Black Dress oh wow. I would have had a migraine and the shakes sometime on day 2 with lack of food. That baffles me that food wasn't planned. Then again, I went to thanksgiving one year at my in-laws, we drove 12 hours one way with toddler, and I might have been prego with #2. They had pastries and such planned for the morning and then nothing else planned for food until Thanksgiving dinner which was at 6pm. (My family Thanksgiving dinner is typically 2 pm or so and appetizers are set up when we arrive between noon and 1.) I had to pull my then husband aside and talk food with him because I had to feed our kid. He was too busy conversing to notice until I pointed it out. My in-laws always thought I was a PITA but in actuality all my "princess" (actual word my ex-BIL used for me) requests were standard food, sleep, safety stuff (like don't tip your chair while my toddler is crawling around as you might fall on her...and then the person did slip fall on my toddler, but I was unreasonable for being upset :pb_rollseyes:). 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 8
  • Love 1

On 10/6/2022 at 12:18 PM, Hane said:

Travel update: The highlight of my trip is the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. Less than an hour ago, I touched down from my first hot air balloon ride! 

How cool!  
We have a family in our preschool and the little girl was absent last week.. Someone asked thinking she was ill.. Nope.. Mom is a professional Hot air balloon controller and the family accompanied her to NM!   We were all surprised since we had no idea.. Thanks to Covid it has been a while since she went anywhere out of area

• Love 7

2 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

. My in-laws always thought I was a PITA but in actuality all my "princess" (actual word my ex-BIL used for me) requests were standard food, sleep, safety stuff (like don't tip your chair while my toddler is crawling around as you might fall on her...and then the person did slip fall on my toddler, but I was unreasonable for being upset :pb_rollseyes:). 

I hate how some people in this world think that any sort of standard/request is being an entitled princess. Like it's such a bad thing to want a day with clean bathrooms, a normal amount of food, reasonable safety standards, and general politeness. 

I have relatives in rural Michigan who I can't stand because I'm always called some sort of name for existing and maintaining basic hygiene, safety and food standards. Like I don't think it's a bad thing to not want to eat food that's been on the floor, shower daily and put on clean clothes for visiting, and not jump at the opportunity to ride a vehicle with no doors into a swamp. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

18 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

I hate how some people in this world think that any sort of standard/request is being an entitled princess. Like it's such a bad thing to want a day with clean bathrooms, a normal amount of food, reasonable safety standards, and general politeness. 

I have relatives in rural Michigan who I can't stand because I'm always called some sort of name for existing and maintaining basic hygiene, safety and food standards. Like I don't think it's a bad thing to not want to eat food that's been on the floor, shower daily and put on clean clothes for visiting, and not jump at the opportunity to ride a vehicle with no doors into a swamp. 

Mudding sounds fun....as long as there is a hot shower and washer to clean everything when the outing is done! Since that is not your thing, if I was the host, I would make sure there was something for you to do while others are mudding and make sure at some point there isn't mudding going on where everyone is together to eat or chat or play cards or such. Then again I try to make sure my guests all are comfortable and feel welcome. 

I agree, being called a princess or a PITA based on expecting basic needs met is not the definition of a princess. And food on the floor is gross (I assume you are not talking about canned or jars of food that are stored on the pantry floor). I even got talked about for going to the store to pick up food for my family so we could eat at their house. Yes, I shared the food with others in the house. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Today Lying Lori tells us she almost died at 45 and a few other times from her brain tumor and low sodium levels.

She has always said the tumor was benign.

How does one die from a benign brain tumor?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Today Lying Lori tells us she almost died at 45 and a few other times from her brain tumor and low sodium levels.

She has always said the tumor was benign.

More than you probably want to know can be found at this Johns Hopkins website:

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/wellness-and-prevention/the-most-common-brain-tumor-5-things-you-should-know

For example:

Meningiomas can grow in different places.

These tumors arise from cells in the meninges, the lining of the brain and spinal cord. So technically speaking, they’re not brain tumors at all since they don’t result from mutated brain cells.

But they still grow inside your skull, which means there’s cause for concern. If a meningioma grows or causes swelling that presses against the brain or other structures in the skull, it can cause brain tumor symptoms.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

From Twitter today. She's kidding right?  She is always arguing with men and putting them in their place (the ones who dare to disagree with her, not the INCEl /Patriacrchy dudes that worship Lori)

The Transformed Wife @godlywomanhood

·Why do so many women feel free to go around rebuking men on social media; men they don’t even know? This isn’t what we’re called to do, women. They get it enough from the world and feminism. They don’t need it from us. We are to have meek and quiet spirits.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

On 10/9/2022 at 6:47 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I am just amazed at not only how incredibly stupid she is, but how she doesn't have the shame to not post about how stupid she is. 

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Well, if that's the only thing existing inside your skull and it rattles around the wrong way...

I just can't with Lori. Is she getting stupider or is she just getting more obvious about how stupid she is?

• Haha 7

Today Lazy Lori skips writing her daily blog in order to share her platform with Mr. Felix, of the 1800's and his rant against women's involvement in the movements of his day.

Mr. Felix begins by imploring God to reign in women and confine them to the 'holy duty' of looking after children and making men comfortable at home -- instead of following their incomprehensible desire to attain equal rights in society. 

He mocks the ability of intelligent women (who do acknowledge that teaching children well during childhood can do a lot advance a good cause in future generations) by questioning their ability to do more than one thing with their lives. How can a woman possibly be a good parent and be politically active? Doesn't it follow that if a woman travels from time to time, perhaps seeks some solitude to write a lecture and an audience to whom she can deliver that lecture -- that obviously her children would be so neglected as to compromise the moral purity of her family! Of course, women should never expend any effort to try to change the world.

That kind of work is (obviously!) totally different from all sorts of things women do in addition to childcare, which Mr. Felix totally approves of: visiting the sick, helping the poor, reading, study, and worship. Those things take no time at all, and therefore her proficiency in childcare is not at risk the way it is if she writes, travels, or teaches.

Mr. Felix emphasizes how evil it is for 'homes' to be neglected. Because homes matter more than justice and equality in society, and the state depends on successful housekeeping. And not just the state, but (somehow?) heaven depends on successful housekeeping too? No, it's not the houses, of course: she is entrusted with souls! Only women can do the work of 'developing the glory' of souls to their full potential. And it can only be done as a 24h/day task; not a moment can be spared from the whole of all the lifetimes of every woman who has ever existed. There's absolutely no time for political activism!

Mr. Felix doesn't mind that this development of souls is difficult or tedious and monotonous, or somehow involves laundry and grocery shopping. It's so very glorious, but he (a man) has no part in it, so that's no problem for him.

He quotes, allegedly, John Chrysostom, saying: “Give me just one generation of good Christian mothers, and I will change the world.” -- a quote I checked because it sounds like a suspiciously modern turn of phrase for a monk from the early centuries. I can find no source for it.

Lori follows that with a quote from John the Apostle, saying that *he* experiences joy when *his* children walk in the truth. Those would be John's 'spiritual children' (his adult followers) whose souls were nurtured through their relationship with John: a man. Basically disproving everything Mr. Felix just said. Good job, Lori! The Bible quote at the end totally smashes the idiocy that preceded it once again!

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

On 10/9/2022 at 7:06 PM, Maggie Mae said:

Not only was Donna Reed an actress, she was a vital part of the production company that she formed with her husband, which created the Donna Reed show.

This came across my Twitter yesterday; the whole thread is worth reading. I love stories of people who use their privilege to help others.

Finally we have Angela Lansbury. It was pretty much an open secret in the acting community that if you were a faded star on hard times whose pension, healthcare (via union, agency or studio) depended on continued credited appearances you reached out to Lansbury.

Lansbury had been there. She was a star of the golden age. She KNEW how hard it was, and how lucky she was to have Murder She Wrote later in life. Ever wondered why so many old hollywood and TV faded legends show up randomly in Murder She Wrote? Lansbury.

https://twitter.com/garius/status/1580304913665384448

• Thank You 1
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, Loveday said:

What a lovely human being she was. ❤️ 

I never watched Murder, She Wrote (Although I have read my fair share of mystery novels, especially those with female PIs, I somehow missed MSW). One of my favorite films of hers was Bedknobs and Broomsticks, where she was a witch during WWII. I loved that she was not interested in getting married or raising these random children, but she wasn't particularly mean to them. She just had her own stuff going on - learning to be a witch via correspondence college, and apparently fighting nazis in a museum. It was probably an absolutely terrible, bonkers film that will make no sense as an adult but as a kid I just loved it.

• Upvote 3

The next time I feel like getting blocked on my 30th(ish) FB sock account I will reply to her latest complaint with this…

B7670708-C69A-421D-A2A0-317FBCE945C3.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Haha 2

Today Lori wrote a post extolling all the wonderful things her mother did for Lori her entire life. How much her mother loved her grandchildren and how Lori's children thought of her as their second mother.

Let's not ever ever ever forget Lori couldn't be bothered/ couldn't be assed to interrupt her many many weeks Door County vacation to be with her dying mother.

Yes Lori you probably had a wonderful mother -- but you were a terrible daughter. 

You took and took and took your entire life and wouldn't give back anything when your mother was dying.

You Lori are a taker and a user. No amount of cloaking it in your sanctimonious hypocritical 'teaching women your God's perfect ways' can hide who you really are.

If I were a terrible person, I'd hope that your children abandon you on your death bed as you did your mother.

Payback is a bitch.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Today Lori wrote a post extolling all the wonderful things her mother did for Lori her entire life. How much her mother loved her grandchildren and how Lori's children thought of her as their second mother.

Let's not ever ever ever forget Lori couldn't be bothered/ couldn't be assed to interrupt her many many weeks Door County vacation to be with her dying mother.

Yes Lori you probably had a wonderful mother -- but you were a terrible daughter. 

You took and took and took your entire life and wouldn't give back anything when your mother was dying.

You Lori are a taker and a user. No amount of cloaking it in your sanctimonious hypocritical 'teaching women your God's perfect ways' can hide who you really are.

If I were a terrible person, I'd hope that your children abandon you on your death bed as you did your mother.

Payback is a bitch.

As well, if there was ever a smidge of doubt as to how well-off Lori's parents were, she mentions how her mother would take Lori's children to Palm Springs and skiing in Mammoth. I wonder what kind of vacations Lori went on when she was a child. Were they just to Door County, or did her parents also take them on other expensive trips? I'm betting they spent many a day at Disneyland and took road trips where they stayed at Holiday Inns all over the country (Holiday Inn was pure luxury to me when I was a kid; we stayed in one ONE time and to this day I remember how rich I felt!). I seriously doubt Lori's parents ever had to make huge sacrifices for Lori's mom to stay home with her daughters, unlike all the women Lori 'teaches' today. Lori is so clueless as to the real world it's frightening that she sets herself up as such a mentor to these women. She has never been where they are.

And one more thing. I don't know about my fellow FJ'ers, but unlike Lori I recall MANY of my teachers from my 13 years in public schools. I can even name each one of my elementary teachers (names of one or two high school teachers elude me in my old age, but I'm sure if I sat down and thought about them for a moment, their names would come to me!), from the ones I loved to the ones I loathed (Mrs Murphy, I'm looking at you with some serious side-eye :my_dodgy: You made 5th grade not a good year). I even remember my two kindergarten teachers, I had a different one each semester. Mrs Cheeseman and Mrs Bligh, thank you for starting me off on my educational adventure so well!

I mean, what on earth was Lori doing all day every day in school that she can only recall ONE teacher, and that one vaguely? :my_confused:

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

ONE TEACHER? Lori, you are a fucking liar who lies. 

Kdg, Mrs MacIntosh, 1st grade, Mrs, Hasenaur, 2nd grade, Mrs. Hoffman, 3rd grade, Miss Jones, 4th grade Sr. Brigid, 5th grade Sr. Angeline, 6th Grade, Mr.Scherzer (with whom I am still in contact, also 6 Mrs.Johnson and Miss Davis. 

Jr. High, Miss Grubbe, Mr. Zellers, Mrs. Natko, Mr. Bement, Mr Budd, Mr Green, Miss English, Mr. Budd again, Mr Bement again, Natko again,  Miss Jean Barnes, M.Terry. 

high school, Evelyn Lawida, Miss DeGolyer, Mr. Beech, Mr. McGuire, Mr. Finster, Mr Wagner, Miss Holstien, Mr. Pease, Miss Barnard 
I can't name my Spanish teachers or typing teachers, but I can picture their faces.

I can name at least 10 college and grad school instructors

Lori is full of shit.

• I Agree 1
  • Love 6

2 hours ago, Loveday said:

I mean, what on earth was Lori doing all day every day in school that she can only recall ONE teacher, and that one vaguely? :my_confused:

That's bizarre. Where did she grow up? I remember the name of my preschool teacher, neither of my kindergarten teachers, 1-8th grade, and some of my high school teachers. I remember the face of my "library" teacher in jr high but not her name, just how angry I was that library was no longer a fun sanctuary and she looked down on what she called "leisure reading," instead making us spend that hour looking up things we already knew and writing more reports. High school I had like 8 different teachers every semester, so I really only remember the ones I had more than once, the ones who died, the one who drank, and the ones that had defining characteristics. Generic Math teacher from freshman year? No idea. History teacher sophomore year who taught us about the Donner party for two weeks? Absolutely remember him. Latin teacher who took us to conventions and taught us about mythology and allowed us to translate dirty phrases to stay engaged? Right there. Art teacher Jr year? Not a clue. English teacher same year? I remember the course work but not her. I think her name might have been Victoria. Or I was really into the spice girls at that time. 

She also mentioned she doesn't remember her college professors either!?! Come on Lori, this is just being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn. It's OK to like school. Going to school and having other influential adults doesn't harm your relationship with your parents. So weird. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

I can remember almost all my teachers, even the ones I hated. Mrs. Nivens 1st grade. Mrs. Patchin 2nd grade, Mrs Malloy (she retired in the beginning of the year), Miss Bryant 3rd grade. Mrs. King and Mrs McNally 4th grade in PA, Mrs. Smith 4th grade VA, Mrs DePriest 5th grade. I'm blanking on 6th grade and 7th grade. High school - Mr. Levi, Mr. Vogelin, Mrs Barneyback. Sr Martha Joseph, Miss Buddeke, Miss Vinke, Mrs. Strachan, Mrs Coppenrath, Mrs. Smith, Sra Sellers and I'm blanking on a few. Considering I graduated in 1981, not bad...I don't remember many of my college professors, at least not their names. A few were retired NASA engineers and they were great teachers with fantastic stories. I remember the classes (which may be a good thing), well, my major classes, the gen ed classes, I couldn't tell you, they just didn't make much of an impression on me. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 4

22 hours ago, Loveday said:

nd one more thing. I don't know about my fellow FJ'ers, but unlike Lori I recall MANY of my teachers from my 13 years in public schools. I can even name each one of my elementary teachers

I'm 58 and I remember ALL of my teachers too. Mrs. Larson -- kindergarten..fun things we did I LOVED painting with tempura paint, different play stations (big blocks, little blocks, coloring/paper crafts, play kitchen) we did a class "cooking project" where we each brought in a vegetable (there were LOTS of carrots and potatoes lol) and made soup, baked rolls and made homemade butter by putting cream in a jar and we passed it around in a circle and took turns shaking it until it became butter).  1st grade: Mrs. Stamen  -- strict but I remember learning to count to 100 by 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s and 10s. There was a chart on the wall and you got stickers when you mastered each level.) I remember doing a Thanksgiving project where we copied some sentences from the blackboard.  2nd grade -- Mrs. Wyler and we had a student teacher Miss. Suterleuti (sp?) -- she was soo pretty and called me "sunshine" Mrs. Wyler was big on "service" (this was a public school and I think she was a Christian but did not proselytize but rather taught us to be good citizens by doing good for others) so each week for a couple of months we would do something nice for another class. Like make a big banner with a tree drawn on it and the "fruits" were little candies we taped on for each student in the other class. She  held spelling bees and picked a student of the day (she always rotated, didn't have favorites.) The prizes were always a piece of butterscotch candy she kept in a tin on her desk. She made a big impression on 2nd grade me. 

Summer before 3rd grade we moved to a smaller town in a different state. Great memories there, too. 3rd grade Miss Aumen. I remember she gave out stickers on tests when you got a  good grade. I was a good student, but really desired to get a sticker each time.  I was a little full of myself lol so after I would finish the test I would draw a box on the top of the paper and write: put the sticker here. haha.  My 3rd grade reader was called: With Skies and Wings - Gin Reading System (four years ago I found the text book and accompanying workbook on line an bought it)/

4th grade was my first male teacher. Mr. Brunelli and kids called him "Safety Sam" behind his back (he probably knew). First thing every morning when we had to do our penmanship, we would have to write 5 safety rules each day (don't run in the halls, no horseplay -- one of his favorites, Clean up spills, etc..)

5th grade we started "switching" classes. My main teacher was Mrs. Calairi and she was pretty.  I remember telling her I wanted to go to Harvard (I didn't haha but I did go to college). Mr. Dillion was the other 5th grade teacher and we had him for social studies and reading. He had a mini nerf ball hoop in his classroom and when he had "social studies" bees, etc. you would get to shoot a basket. It was a fun was to reinforce learning. 

I will stop there but I also remember all/most of my middle and high school teachers.  Some were great, some were bad some were merely OK.  I learned something from each one of them (academics, life lessons, values, etc) even the ones I wasn't fond of. 

So the fact that Lori BRAGS about not remembering ANY of her teachers or anything says more about HER (spoiled, entitled, always the victim, self-centered and coddled) than the schools she went to. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Love 4

• samurai_sarah locked this topic