IGNORED

Lori Alexander 81: It's All the Fault of Women

That’s such b.s. that Lori is now talking about how wonderful her mother was. 
Several years ago, on her old blog, she spoke so poorly about her mother that two of her aunts, her mom’s sisters, got on the blog to rebuke her. 
So what, now that she’s moving into her own senior years is she feeling guilty about how she spoke of her mother?

FJ doesn’t forget, Lori. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Well, now we know what a benign brain tumor does. It makes you forget the names of all of your teachers during every one of your school years. 

This crossed my Facebook feed in th past couple of days. It was the same day that LazyLori claimed we shouldn’t make heroes out of women suffragettes. I want her to read this so badly. Moreover, I want her to learn from it.   A girl can dream, right?

“I’m 14 and I’m struggling in Algebra class. When I ask for help, the male teacher says ‘I’m not surprised, girls aren’t that good at Algebra.’

I’m 18, and go to my first fraternity parties with girlfriends. We don’t ever say it out loud but it’s understood that we need to stick together at these parties and not get separated, for our own safety.

I’m 20, and I’m working as a hostess at the Red Lion Inn in San Jose, near the airport. Men in suits come in to eat after their meetings during the day and I see them take off their wedding rings before heading into the bar next to the restaurant. Every girl who works there learns quickly not to bend too far over because of the short skirts of our uniforms.

I’m 22, and it’s my first day on a new job. My male supervisor gets me into a room alone and I think he’s going to tell me about the job but instead he tells me about how much he likes sex and how he needs to have it every day. I get up and walk out of the room and avoid him after that, but I don’t tell anyone because I’m one of the only women there and I don’t know what to do.

I’m 24, and I’m watching Anita Hill on TV, testifying about a man who wants to be on the Supreme Court. I don’t understand everything I’m watching but I understand that she’s a black woman facing down a panel of white men and she is going to lose because, at 24, I do understand who has power and who does not.

I’m any age in my 20s and I’m walking on the street, in a park, in a city, in a suburb, anywhere. Men tell me to smile, to wait a minute, to slow down what’s my hurry, can I ask you a question, can I stand too close to you, can I demand your space, your time, your attention, hey where you going bitch?

I’m 25, buying my first car and the salesman offers a price I know is way too high. I bring my stepdad to the showroom and the same car is now $3000 less. I smile and buy the car but inside, I’m seething.

I’m any age in my 30’s, and I think about where I park, where I go, whether I should get in that elevator that only has one man in it and how I should make sure not to make eye contact with men in the streets. All of this is normal to me and I don’t question any of it.

I’m 35, buying my second car and the salesman says we should wait for my husband to get there before talking about the price but would I like to see the makeup mirror? I tell him I’m a lesbian and, if he’s waiting for my husband, he’s going to be waiting a long time. I leave because I’m learning.

I’m 40, and a woman, Hillary Clinton, is taking a serious run at the Democratic presidential nomination. She’s smart, tough and qualified but she endures endless anger, viciousness, and misogyny and she eventually loses in the primary. Male friends tell me it’s probably for the best because there’s just something they don’t like about her, you know?

I’m 49, and a man who said he grabs women by the pussy is elected as the 45th President of the United States. The night of the election, I feel physically ill and my first conscious thought is ‘my God, the Supreme Court.’ The next morning, I overhear two men laughing and congratulating each other about the election and I feel unsafe in my own country.

I’m 51, and another man who stands credibly accused of sexual assault has just been confirmed to serve on the Supreme Court. I see women on television sobbing, screaming, protesting, crying out in their anguish and their fear. I am so angry. I think of every woman I know and I am so angry.

I am any age, every age. I am a woman. I am a daughter. I am discounted. I am underrepresented. I am underestimated. But I am a voter. Today, that has to be enough.”

~ Author Unknown

I was so moved by this that I sat and had a nice long cry. 

• Love 27

Lori is amping up how wonderful her mom was. All her sisters agree it was great that mom stayed home and dad worked hard and came home every night.  That's what made them all so emotionally stable and secure.

So now we know what else a a benign brain tumor does.  It makes Lori forget all the shade she flung at her mother in her blog.  It makes her forget she abandoned her mother on her death bed, because she couldn't interrupt her vacation.  It makes Lori forget she dragged her dad for working all the time and dragged her parents for years of fighting.  It makes Lori claim she's emotionally stable and secure.

Lori - emotionally stable and secure???!!!???  Rotflmao

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

On 10/14/2022 at 3:06 PM, Maggie Mae said:

I never watched Murder, She Wrote (Although I have read my fair share of mystery novels, especially those with female PIs, I somehow missed MSW). One of my favorite films of hers was Bedknobs and Broomsticks, where she was a witch during WWII. I loved that she was not interested in getting married or raising these random children, but she wasn't particularly mean to them. She just had her own stuff going on - learning to be a witch via correspondence college, and apparently fighting nazis in a museum. It was probably an absolutely terrible, bonkers film that will make no sense as an adult but as a kid I just loved it.

Bedknobs and Broomsticks is still a lot of fun as an adult, just FYI.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I looked at my body and can’t see my ovaries or my womb. Should I be worried? Schedule an ultrasound to make sure they are still there? Should those things be labeled? 

She’s so dumb!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

12 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

WTF is this??? 

Hide contents

3494A64D-37C8-4257-82A3-5DE8970CF8F2.jpeg.8cd7aa51a785b0c805410bf3710c517a.jpeg

Tom Brady and his wife are either divorced now, or about to be. Apparently, Giselle is a witch, according to things Tom has said in the past. So of COURSE...Lori is blaming the breakup of their marriage entirely on Giselle because she's a witch. AND because she's a woman, and it's always the woman's fault in Lori's world, no matter what.🙄

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

19 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Tom Brady and his wife are either divorced now, or about to be. Apparently, Giselle is a witch, according to things Tom has said in the past. So of COURSE...Lori is blaming the breakup of their marriage entirely on Giselle because she's a witch. AND because she's a woman, and it's always the woman's fault in Lori's world, no matter what.🙄

I’m aware of the divorce. Had forgotten the witch thing. But my amazement was more over Lori fan girling Tom Brady of all people. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

I’m aware of the divorce. Had forgotten the witch thing. But my amazement was more over Lori fan girling Tom Brady of all people. 

I think it's not so much she's fangirling all over him (though that would not surprise me!) as that she saw yet another opportunity to blame a woman for something. And an extremely famous one at that! 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

28 minutes ago, Loveday said:

I think it's not so much she's fangirling all over him (though that would not surprise me!) as that she saw yet another opportunity to blame a woman for something. And an extremely famous one at that! 

The GOAT icon seemed fan girly. 

• I Agree 1

16 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

The GOAT icon seemed fan girly. 

Didn't notice it. Was too busy rolling my eyes at Lori in general.

• Upvote 2

Ugh. Her latest YouTube video is about Giselle being a witch. LazyLori is sick. There is something not right with her, not only in what she says/thinks, but in the way she speaks. She speaks so haltingly, like she is struggling to find words. 

I can think of a dozen reasons why I would not allow her to babysit my children. I think her judgement is significantly impaired. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

Looks like Lori blocked me.  She was engaging with a couple of men yesterday on the Tom and Giselle post, and I reminded her (with her own tweet) that she had said women should not "rebuke" men, even on social media.  And boom, I was gone.  It's probably for the best--I have let her get under my skin way too much for way too long--but it does feel weird not to have her as part of my life. 😆

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, Foursquare said:

Looks like Lori blocked me.  She was engaging with a couple of men yesterday on the Tom and Giselle post, and I reminded her (with her own tweet) that she had said women should not "rebuke" men, even on social media.  And boom, I was gone.  It's probably for the best--I have let her get under my skin way too much for way too long--but it does feel weird not to have her as part of my life. 😆

I get soooo tempted sometimes to post something on her page. In a sick and twisted sort of way, though, I'd miss her, so I resist the temptation! :laughing-rolling:

• Upvote 5

So today Lori is harping on winning your husband without a word again She is going to get some woman killed.  I'm so sick of her misusing the passage in 1 Peter.  That scripture is about an unsaved husband. It is telling women not to nag their husband about their faith. Don't nag him to go to church. Don't constantly quote scripture at him etc.. It in no way means to let your husband treat you any kind of way and put up with abuse. 

I get so angry! 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

On 10/27/2022 at 11:11 PM, usmcmom said:

I looked at my body and can’t see my ovaries or my womb. Should I be worried? Schedule an ultrasound to make sure they are still there? Should those things be labeled? 

Yet another thing Lori probably thinks men do better. This guy seems to have all of his parts labeled:

Spoiler

image.png.90a19f3a546a28420ca7c72ef3d0cce7.png

• Haha 9

On 10/5/2022 at 12:06 PM, Hane said:

Going OT to Lori’s traveling woes: Hey, 

Re kitchen-oriented gut troubles: Years ago, I switched over to plastic cutting boards that I could disinfect with bleach and chuck into the dishwasher. My stomach problems virtually disappeared.

I'd say old Lori has a pretty sturdy GI tract to survive years of slimy salads and raw-egg dressing. How many years have we had to hear about and look at pictures of her food? She is preoccupied with the food she (and no one else eats). Not to mention fat-shaming. Didn't her daughter have disordered eating?

• Upvote 8

Oh yeah.  All my money goes to wine, pet food and cosmetics. Actually, not pet food and cosmetics.  And not cheap wine  

BA7A25C7-C9B7-4FD1-A8AC-90C52C2B3E77.png

Edited by HoneyBunny
  • Eyeroll 6

On 10/28/2022 at 12:33 PM, Loveday said:

I find all the Tom Brady stuff online so frustrating. She has more money and is more famous than him, she'll be fine. So many people are quick to call her names and say she deserves nothing. 

I'm surprised Lori even commented on the pop culture issue of the week. I thought women were only supposed to talk about babies and food in her world. 

47 minutes ago, HoneyBunny said:

Oh yeah.  All my money goes to wine, pet food and cosmetics. Actually, not pet food and cosmetics.  And not cheap wine  

My money goes toward mortgage, food, wine/beer/gin, clothes, cosmetics, healthcare, pet care, insurance, a car, travel, and whatever else I need to survive and enjoy this world. 

If I had kids, I'd still spend the same amount on those things (probably cut back on expensive foods and alcohol, maybe only one trip to Hawaii instead of two a year) but also on kids. I'd just have less in savings/investments. I'm not going to turn into an animal hater just because I had kids, that's insane and sociopathic behavior. 

Lori also spent money on stuff for herself, like her super special kitchen towels, her herbal remedies, and her "organic" diet. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, HoneyBunny said:

Pets are NOT cheap, LazyLori!  But they are much more loyal and loving than some of my previous partners LOL

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

Yeah Lori, I blow big bucks on pet food. Hell, I blow big bucks on cat litter too. I like the corn based biodegradable stuff. Did that even when I had kids at home. No alcohol because I don't drink...but maybe I blew it on the sodas I do like. 

I'd have to say I blow the bigger bucks on tech shit. Just scored a 27" ASUS monitor for 50 bucks on Marketplace (retail about 150 bucks on sale). 

Fuck you Lori. Just fuck you. 

• Upvote 6

• samurai_sarah locked this topic