IGNORED

Lori Alexander 81: It's All the Fault of Women

And I love the title of this thread.  I have on multiple occasions thought about telling Lori, "You could save time by just posting, every day, It's your fault, women.  Whatever the issue, whatever the problem, it's your fault.  Always, forever, world without end, amen."

But I haven't.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Wow, what a shitstorm of a video.  There are so many issues in this world, but she concentrates on women preaching in churches.  And there were many comments agreeing with her.  With everything going on in this world, I'm starting to lose my faith in humanity.  Instead of helping people, she wants to tear down and restrict half the world's population.  The only thing she cares about is enforcing her opinions on others, regardless of the damage.

On another note, watching her in the video has encouraged me to wear sunscreen more often.  Yikes.  Her hair is horrible as well.  It's probably from her shitty restricted diet.  I can't imagine she gets proper nutrition from the type and amount of food that she eats, and she needs to use conditioner.  

Her extreme internal ugliness is really showing on the outside now.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

BEC here -- but from her video Lori is looking really rough.

Her hair is in need of serious deep conditioning (more than once) and brushing. It is dried, fried and wild. She hasn't been keeping up with the cheap dye she uses as the ends are super dark, the top is lighter and there is grey at the temples (remember she dyes her hair because Ken likes it dark). A trim would help. Salon quality dye would really help.

Her skin looks rough and patchy with dark spots. Moisturizer and sunscreen are your friends Lori - really they are. Her neck and chest need them too.

She just looks old, tired and not energetic. Considering how well Ken has aged, she looks older than he does,

And WTF - she told her father he was wrong. She taught him the right (Lori-approved) way to think about women preachers.  She disagreed with a man! She taught a man!  Lori, Lori, Lori, you in sin girl.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

On 8/6/2022 at 2:12 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Lori and the leghumpers have be on a FB tear lately about getting married, (young of course) and being a SAHM.

A lot of the comments go on and on about how when the leghumper worked and tried to keep house their lives were unending horrible debilitating anxiety, panic attacks, mental health issues, etc, etc, etc.  It was all just too too too much to bear so they had to quit work to save their sanity.

Adding that these kinds of explanations fit with their theology including stigmatizing mental illness.

In fundamentalist religion, symptoms of anxiety and depression are often ascribed spiritual causes and solutions. Someone who is anxious is not trusting God and needs to start leaning on the everlasting arms. Someone who is sad lacks contentment. Addiction is lack of self-discipline.

There is direct and subtle teaching that sin or sin-nature or the fallen world leads to mental illness. And, if you are engaging in sin by going against God's will for you as a woman and wife and mother, then you are leaving yourself wide-open to the consequences.

Edited by noseybutt
  • Upvote 6

On 8/6/2022 at 4:12 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Lori and the leghumpers have be on a FB tear lately about getting married, (young of course) and being a SAHM.

A lot of the comments go on and on about how when the leghumper worked and tried to keep house their lives were unending horrible debilitating anxiety, panic attacks, mental health issues, etc, etc, etc.  It was all just too too too much to bear so they had to quit work to save their sanity.

My guess is that these women were pressured by their spouses and communities that they were doing the wrong thing by working--like SINfully wrong. And if they are leghumping Lori, they were likely trying to follow all these ridiculous gender roles so their husbands were doing NOTHING to help at home or with their children. That combination would create a lot of guilt and potentially anxiety and depression. 

• Upvote 6

I just watched for a few seconds, and yes, Lori does not look well. Even more so than previously. 
Her eyes look kind of wild too. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

Holy Jesus, she looks rough. Sunscreen is everything, she is proof positive of that, and her hair needs to be trimmed and conditioned and colored professionally or not colored at all. And eat some protein LazyLori! A few pounds would fill out that neck and face a little bit  

I didn’t listen to word she said.  I’m quite sure it wouldn’t make her one bit more attractive  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Another interesting/curious thing about the video is that the "old" church that they left and that her father still attends (or according to Lori "only attends Sunday School because he's 92")  is the church where her brother in law is on the staff as an executive pastor.  

She keeps tearing down this church where her sister still goes (and maybe her other sister too. At one point she said her parents and her sisterall attended there. ) I wonder if there is some kind of family rift because of this.  It's fine in my opinion if you don't like a particular church anymore and want to find a new one. People do that all the time.  But she is insistent in tearing this former one down.  From the website, you can see that it is a more contemporary Christian church with praise bands and all that.  It seems to be pretty vibrant.   So Lori and Ken HATED that a woman preached/spoke in church.  Move on already.  It's like she has a vendetta against them because they don't believe exactly as they do. 

Purely speculation bus, but I can so see Ken getting in a theological argument with his own BIL.  Because in their world, no one is "more right" than the good ole' Alexanders. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

On YouTube, Jordan and McKay occasionally have a field day with her.

• Upvote 1

If anything, she's an example of what hate does to someone, as well as a lack of sunscreen. Jordan and McKay even make fun of her again in their most recent video on Youtube.

Edited by ADoyle90815
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

@ADoyle90815, I dropped a comment in their newest YouTube video explaining that she thinks sunscreen causes cancer—when lack of it actually does!

• Upvote 5

Earlier this week, Lori bemoaned the waste of spending money on televisions. Now this: 

Spoiler

FAA52F79-3DE2-4B4B-983D-976FF5C96C84.jpeg.77267d88e70882b14f023967e5c7771b.jpeg

She’s so consistent. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Yeah, I'm not Lori's type. Previous divorce - check! Egalitarian marriage - check! Sole wage earner when he got sick - check! Now, nasty, single working woman - check! Bitch needs to find some other drum to beat, this one is getting quite ragged out. 

I haven't been able to take a full shower in over a week. I hit the high points but a shampoo is not going to happen any time soon (I do brush my hair out every day and just put it back in a knot/bun). I STILL look better than she does. 

What happened to this woman that she hates herself and the rest of the female side of the human race? She's full up of self-loathing and projects it to everyone else. Maybe she wanted to be a preacher and got told that's only for men? And, who the F does she think she is lecturing her FATHER about marriage? Jesus Lori, sit down, shut up and let the grownups talk. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

Lori is a pick me. From the urban dictionary: 

A pick me is a woman that is willing to do anything for male approval. She will embarrass or throw other women under the bus to achieve this goal. The unfortunate thing about a pick me is usually the men they are trying to seek approval from are of poor quality and treat women badly, leaving little real benefit for the pick me.

This is the top entry from the urban dictionary. You can read the other entries, but it's summed up by the quote.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Somehow I don’t see LazyLori as hating herself. I don’t think that she believes one bit of the advice she dishes out non-stop to other women applies to her. I believe it all stems from control. Her entire life, she’s needed to control. I think if she had been the middle or youngest daughter, life would be better for everyone. But, as the bossy oldest, it’s always been about control. Control her sisters, control her husband, control her kids and when all of those avenues are closed to her, she controls strangers, all in the name of Paul..errr, Jesus. 

I don’t believe for a second that if the Bible said women must spend their senior years literally helping others, like driving seniors to appointments, and feeding the homeless and serving the mentally ill, she’d have one bit of interest in being a Christian. But telling women how they should live…she’s all over that one.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

God help us. The queen has spoken. I am reminded of Seinfeld’s soup nazi…no sex for you!  How about all men get vasectomies, to be reversed only when they are prepared to fully participate in a child’s upbringing? It so neatly eliminates many of these testy issues…but it doesn’t blame, punish, or control women. So what is the right’s real desire?  To eliminate the need for abortions, or to blame, punish and control?

E67EF3E0-53C3-4BF7-84D2-E2590E7821FD.png

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

God help us. The queen has spoken. I am reminded of Seinfeld’s soup nazi…no sex for you!  How about all men get vasectomies, to be reversed only when they are prepared to fully participate in a child’s upbringing? It so neatly eliminates many of these testy issues…but it doesn’t blame, punish, or control women. So what is the right’s real desire?  To eliminate the need for abortions, or to blame, punish and control?

E67EF3E0-53C3-4BF7-84D2-E2590E7821FD.png

This seem extreme, but a lot of churches agree with it. It's the official doctrine of the Catholicism for example.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

This seem extreme, but a lot of churches agree with it. It's the official doctrine of the Catholicism for example.

Actually the Catholic church teaches that there are two equal purposes for sex in marriage: procreative and unitive. Lori is missing the second part. But her miserable 10 minutes and some lube likely never really meets the unitive part. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 2

7 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Actually the Catholic church teaches that there are two equal purposes for sex in marriage: procreative and unitive. Lori is missing the second part. But her miserable 10 minutes and some lube likely never really meets the unitive part. 

Well they leave the "unitive" part out a lot when I've talked to other Catholics. Besides that the Catholic Church is against almost every form of contraception. They only way to prevent pregnancy according to them is the rhythm method and NFP and that doesn't work for everyone: people get pregnant using those methods particularly young women. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell

11 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Well they leave the "unitive" part out a lot when I've talked to other Catholics. Besides that the Catholic Church is against almost every form of contraception. They only way to prevent pregnancy according to them is the rhythm method and NFP and that doesn't work for everyone: people get pregnant using those methods particularly young women. 

Yes. But they do not teach that sex is ONLY for reproduction which is what Lori said. And there is no one teaching Lori's garbage. The Catechism actually includes a passage that specifically notes that births may need to be spaced for the sake of responsible parenthood. Hence the adoption of NFP. 

And, frankly, most Catholic couples ignore that and use contraception. 98% according to Catholics for Choice. 

As for what your (alleged) Catholic friends tell you, keep in mind that most Catholics are not well taught in terms of doctrine. Some of them probably got their information from you. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 3

3 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Yes. But they do not teach that sex is ONLY for reproduction which is what Lori said. And there is no one teaching Lori's garbage. The Catechism actually includes a passage that specifically notes that births may need to be spaced for the sake of responsible parenthood. Hence the adoption of NFP. 

And, frankly, most Catholic couples ignore that and use contraception. 98% according to Catholics for Choice. 

As for what your (alleged) Catholic friends tell you, keep in mind that most Catholics are not well taught in terms of doctrine. Some of them probably got their information from you. 

I've never been against contraception. That's the church.

I also didn't say what most Catholic do in regards to contraception. I said what the doctrine said about contraception. If the doctrine doesn't align with how the majority of Catholic practice, maybe they should change it. 

I grew up Catholic so I know a lot of Catholics. I have lots of Catholic friends and I look into what Catholics talk about on-line.

• Downvote 3
  • Bless Your Heart 2

5 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I started to respond to this response and pegged you as a former Catholic with chip on the shoulder. 

4 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I've never been against contraception. That's the church.

I also didn't say what most Catholic do in regards to contraception. I said what the doctrine said about contraception. If the doctrine doesn't align with how the majority of Catholic practice, maybe they should change it. 

I grew up Catholic so I know a lot of Catholics. I have lots of Catholic friends and I look into what Catholics talk about on-line.

But you proved it for me. You obviously have a bitter, grudge/hate against the Catholic faith and maybe against people that are Catholic.

1. From the catechism about sex in marriage:

2362 "The acts in marriage by which the intimate and chaste union of the spouses takes place are noble and honorable; the truly human performance of these acts fosters the self-giving they signify and enriches the spouses in joy and gratitude."145 Sexuality is a source of joy and pleasure:

The Creator himself . . . established that in the [generative] function, spouses should experience pleasure and enjoyment of body and spirit. Therefore, the spouses do nothing evil in seeking this pleasure and enjoyment. They accept what the Creator has intended for them. At the same time, spouses should know how to keep themselves within the limits of just moderation.146

2. Yup the Catholic church has done some bad things, someone already pointed that out along with all religions, governments, and many other institutions have caused many horrible things against people since the dawn of time, doesn't mean the present day people/institution is horrible. Change has to start sometime and somewhere. 

3. You may have been Catholic and you may have known about the Catholic church in your area but that doesn't mean you are an expert on all things Catholic, especially today's catholic church. However, you continually paint ALL Catholics with a very broad stroke. Even after very nice FJ people, who happen to be Catholic, are trying to gently correct you. I think your time might be better spent in self-reflection as to where all this venom is coming from because living with such venom will only hurt you and your health in the end. 

Edited by quiversR4hunting
Typos
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

33 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I started to respond to this response and pegged you as a former Catholic with chip.

But you proved it for me. You obviously have a bitter, grudge/hate against the  Catholic faith and maybe againstbpeople that are Catholic.

1. From the catechism 

2. Yup the Catholic church has done some bad things, someone already pointed that out along with all religions, governments, and many other institutions have caused many horrible things against people since the dawn of time, doesn't mean the present day people/institution is horrible. Change has to start sometime and somewhere. 

3. You may have been Catholic and you may have known about the Catholic church in your area but that doesn't mean you are an expert on all things Catholic, especially today's catholic church. However, you continually paint ALL Catholics with a very broad stroke. Even after very nice FJ people, who happen to be Catholic, are trying to gently correct you. I think your time might be better spent in self-reflection as to where all this venom is coming from because living with such venom will only hurt you and your health in the end. 

I don't consider myself an "expert on all things" Catholic. I accepted that I was wrong that the doctrine said sex was only for procreation. 

I also don't think my experiences are the only ones that count. I've been listening to people with a variety of experiences some people with better experiences than mine and some people with much worse experiences. Apparently only positive experiences with Catholicism are valid. 

As for my ideas being outdated, I'm going based on my experiences and the current doctrine. When they make changes, I consider my ideas outdated.

• Move Along 2

8 minutes ago, Bastet said:

🍿

Remember, eat your popcorn after your 💅  have dried. 😄

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

• samurai_sarah locked this topic