IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 11: Scary Health Situation

samurai_sarah

13 hours ago, marmalade said:

She also monetized it. 🙄

Why is this a problem? Why do we sh*t on fundy women for "not working" and also sh*t on them for earning money as influencers?

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I much prefer fundies advertising and monetizing clothing/jewelry/furniture/etc instead of shilling MLM bullshit. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3

On 6/28/2022 at 10:30 PM, FluffySnowball said:

As a Muslim who prefers to wear more than a bikini in a pool, I think I can answer your questions: many bras are much cushier and made from a different material than a bikini top, so they tend to become soggy and just uncomfortable in the water. Bikinis, though, do not so they’re a good choice when you want to wear “underwear” underneath something in the water. 

In my predominantly Muslim country, we have modest swimsuit. Burkini. Kinda like diving suit, but cuter. With skirts and all. I wonder why these fundies haven't adopted it as they go to swimwear, considering it's covered from head to toe but still comfortable enough to swim. Most styles have detachable hijab part so they could leave that part out. Great for UV protection too as I'm not sure they're diligent enough with their sunscreen application. 

• Upvote 20

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I much prefer fundies advertising and monetizing clothing/jewelry/furniture/etc instead of shilling MLM bullshit. 

Especially if they leave the kids out (I’m assuming she posed without them)

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Mrs Ms said:

Especially if they leave the kids out (I’m assuming she posed without them)

She posed with the kids and advertised their clothing too. I would be shocked if she pulled a Jinger and stopped posting their faces. Carlin was so used to being exploited as a kid that it’s her norm. 

• Upvote 5

23 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She posed with the kids and advertised their clothing too. I would be shocked if she pulled a Jinger and stopped posting their faces. Carlin was so used to being exploited as a kid that it’s her norm. 

Bother! Would have been nice if she surprised us, but as you say, it’s her normal.

• Upvote 2

@arareyeah A burkini would be perfect for them, but I'm sure they wouldn't want to use anything that's marketed for people of a different faith.  Just like they only buy wedding dresses they have to alter much of the time rather than buying any of the mormon-owned company styles that are already modest.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, arareyeah said:

In my predominantly Muslim country, we have modest swimsuit. Burkini. Kinda like diving suit, but cuter. With skirts and all. I wonder why these fundies haven't adopted it as they go to swimwear, considering it's covered from head to toe but still comfortable enough to swim. Most styles have detachable hijab part so they could leave that part out. Great for UV protection too as I'm not sure they're diligent enough with their sunscreen application. 

The Bateses are not that modest to wear a burkini. In the recent beach pictures Carlin was wearing a regular bathing suit with just a short skirt over it.

Even the more modest ones like say Michaela are ok with showing arms and legs.

• Upvote 3

I don’t know if we’ve seen Erin, Michael or Tori in a bathing suit recently, but I would guess they would wear something like this:

A82AE2CE-3EAE-4013-8AE0-1FEF444AA3DA.jpeg

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

One of the hopes I have is that the children of the Bates' kids will be mold-breakers. They have involved fathers that have jobs but also appear to share in the child-rearing and follow their mother's direction in a lot of ways. They wear normal clothes. They seem to have more friends instead of just insular mega families. Although I'm sure their education will be woefully inadequate, they will understand that worldly clothing =/= men sinning, rape, and hell. They will know that there are blurred lines in the biblical gender roles. Their mothers work and own businesses, so maybe they will start to wonder if women can work and own business in other spheres as well. The larger pool of other children they know might have new beliefs as well (maybe as teens) that will challenge them. It's possible they will be the ones to break away, and their parents (Carlin, Josie, the other now fundie-lite siblings) seem to have the "we will love you no matter what" mentality, and still love their kids instead of kicking them to the curb. 

BUT, they could also swing the other way and follow the example of their aunt Erin or Tori and become more fundie again after feeling like their moms were milquetoast hypocrites. Who knows. 

• Upvote 8

Carlin said on IG today that she had another episode and they're seeing the doctor in upcoming weeks to get test results and answers. Seems like a long stretch of time to get those results. When we did an EEG on one of our sons (he's fine, thank goodness) we knew very fast. 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 2

On 6/29/2022 at 7:53 PM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Just like they only buy wedding dresses they have to alter much of the time rathers than buying any of the mormon-owned company styles that are already modest.

I noticed  a link to a modest clothing web site on the COSTCO website and they also sell emergency food kits. I have it in my mind that COSTCO has some kind of Mormon connection but the founder was raised Catholic, so maybe it's just that a lot of Mormons shop at COSTCO because they are shopping for large families. 

• Upvote 2

On 7/9/2022 at 5:54 PM, BeccaGrim said:

Carlin said on IG today that she had another episode and they're seeing the doctor in upcoming weeks to get test results and answers. Seems like a long stretch of time to get those results. When we did an EEG on one of our sons (he's fine, thank goodness) we knew very fast. 

Didn't she have a long term registration? Those can take time to properly analyze, and then they need to be fitted into a clinic spot.

• Thank You 1

Evan did an update. After the EEG, Carlin didn't realize she was supposed to go back on the medication, so she stayed off and had two more episodes. She is back on now but the first few days hit her really hard and she is constantly exhausted and nauseous, so she is resting while Evan takes care of the kids. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 6

Just watched Evan’s update on Carlin’s instagram. I feel for them…and I know, I know…terrible beliefs, etc. On a purely human level, this has to be so scary and overwhelming. I hope she is feeling even just a little bit better soon.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

The breakdown in communication between the Stewarts and Carlin’s health care providers was pretty bad. I would have assumed that I would need to go back on the medication as soon as the testing was completed and I would have been asking the doctors about it. The doctors/nurses should have given explicit instructions about it too. Maybe they did and it just didn’t sink in with the Stewarts. Evan and Carlin seem to have grown up a lot by facing adversity though.

• Upvote 13

34 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

The breakdown in communication between the Stewarts and Carlin’s health care providers was pretty bad. I would have assumed that I would need to go back on the medication as soon as the testing was completed and I would have been asking the doctors about it. The doctors/nurses should have given explicit instructions about it too. Maybe they did and it just didn’t sink in with the Stewarts. Evan and Carlin seem to have grown up a lot by facing adversity though.

It depends on how it was mentioned. I am not sure I would have assumed to go back on, since Evan and Carlin referred to medication as temporary when she first went on it . I think she is also seeing doctors in both Knoxville and Nashville, so that probably doesn't help. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

23 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

It depends on how it was mentioned. I am not sure I would have assumed to go back on, since Evan and Carlin referred to medication as temporary when she first went on it . I think she is also seeing doctors in both Knoxville and Nashville, so that probably doesn't help. 

I hope they get some official answers soon.  A diagnosis and a plan.  For people who know more about this than I do, could the meningitis she had after Layla have played a role in this? 

• Upvote 2

When I had two kids the ages of Layla and Kade, I had to write stuff down a lot. Because I couldn’t remember anything due to sleep deprivation and basic mommy brain. I can see myself doing the same thing as Carlin. 

• Upvote 7

A few days ago Carlin said that she knew She was supposed to go back on meds but didn't want It because of how she feel on them. This was before the Cash and Carry where she had other two bad episodes, now she Is staying she didn't know, She had to go back on meds...so wich one Carlin? Did you know it or not? 

Spoiler

Tumblr_l_18442342681462.thumb.jpg.a3c9f3100daef412697f48db6d736def.jpg

Edited by Italiangirl
Adding the image from 09/7 where She talks about meds and fixing write on top
  • Upvote 9

It's been exactly a month since Carlin had the EEG. Why haven't they heard anything? She should be able to access her test results online (a new law passed last year makes this possible). Something isn't right.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

It's been exactly a month since Carlin had the EEG. Why haven't they heard anything? She should be able to access her test results online (a new law passed last year makes this possible). Something isn't right.

That's what I'm saying. Slowest test results I've heard of.  But others have said it doesn't surprise them. 

• Upvote 3

I've heard epilepsy meds (assuming this is what she is on based solely on what I've read here) can be unpleasant since they affect your brain.  It really sucks that she has to be on something that makes her feel bad, but in high school my brother had friend with very bad epilepsy who eventually died from a seizure.  It was really terrible.  I hope she takes whatever she needs to so she can be around for her kids and is able to come to peace over it all.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

21 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

A few days ago Carlin said that she knew She was supposed to go back on meds but didn't want It because of how she feel on them. This was before the Cash and Carry where she had other two bad episodes, now she Is staying she didn't know, She had to go back on meds...so wich one Carlin? Did you know it or not? 

Hide contents

Actually she explained it well i think. Before the Cash and Carry she had a new episode, this was after about a month with no episodes and no meds. At that time she was told she needed to get back on the meds and that she was supposed to have started it back the day after the tests. Then she decided to wait until after the Cash and Carry to start on the meds again because she gets really bad after-efects and she knew she wouldnt be able to attend otherwise.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic