IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 11: Scary Health Situation

samurai_sarah

It seems, at least in the last couple of videos, that she appears to be a little better, but, of course they're just snippets on Insta.

It would be interesting to know if her meds regulated and if she's still having the symptoms described above

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, nolongerIFBx said:

I noticed that too but thought it might be a side effect of her medication.

Has anyone commented on it on her insta she may not be aware of it 

(not comment in a nasty way just more a helpful way) but you know the internet it hard to tell the difference 

• Upvote 1

I guess Katie's pregnancy and Tori's recent birth announcement diverted away the fact that Carlin was considering chopping off her hair, sounds like in order to make the EEG testing more easier on her head. Who thinks she did? Who thinks she didn't? Let's have fun.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BullyJBG said:

I guess Katie's pregnancy and Tori's recent birth announcement diverted away the fact that Carlin was considering chopping off her hair, sounds like in order to make the EEG testing more easier on her head. Who thinks she did? Who thinks she didn't? Let's have fun.

She posted a picture after leaving the salon. It looked like she got extensions.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 2

So they are dropping the kids in Nashville and heading to an out of town (flying) business trip for Bates Boutique. Is Evan working for BB? If Carlin is well enough to fly and work, shouldn’t Evan be back to his day job? Is Evan ditching the electrician gig? 

• Upvote 4

The upcoming business purpose or the cupboard in the latest video on the YouTube channel. In short she’s feeling pressure to continue working because they only have one income, hers.  They also said that the doctors basically said that she needs to live her normal life. And as long as she’s not driving or holding children and what have you should be able to do that.

• Upvote 2

The Stewarts could use an assistant/nanny. She could basically drive Carlin around and keep an eye on Carlin and the kids. Then Evan could get back to work. I think Whitney/Zach and Carlin/Evan are treating this Las Vegas trip as a business trip/mini getaway. It seems like Whitney and Carlin could have gone by themselves and Whitney could have kept an eye on Carlin.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, clueliss said:

The upcoming business purpose or the cupboard in the latest video on the YouTube channel. In short she’s feeling pressure to continue working because they only have one income, hers.  They also said that the doctors basically said that she needs to live her normal life. And as long as she’s not driving or holding children and what have you should be able to do that.

If she can’t be alone and care for her kids, or drive, at this point in their lives, she IS VERY RESTRICTED. There is no normal for a young mom of tiny kids if she is basically reliant on others. Why can’t Evan work? There are so many people in her family and no one can help? Not many of them work outside the home, and no one can add a couple of more little kids to their own herd? They could rotate the kids. Evan could drop them off on the way to work. You know, like millions of other young dads-

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, JDuggs said:

The Stewarts could use an assistant/nanny. She could basically drive Carlin around and keep an eye on Carlin and the kids. Then Evan could get back to work. I think Whitney/Zach and Carlin/Evan are treating this Las Vegas trip as a business trip/mini getaway. It seems like Whitney and Carlin could have gone by themselves and Whitney could have kept an eye on Carlin.

Exactly. They need to get a nanny. Not an unpaid family member but an actual paid full time nanny. That way Evan can work 5 days a week and Carlin has someone to watch the kids while she works. Hell it could be a fundie nanny so there are no evil influences. 

• Upvote 11

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Exactly. They need to get a nanny. Not an unpaid family member but an actual paid full time nanny. That way Evan can work 5 days a week and Carlin has someone to watch the kids while she works. Hell it could be a fundie nanny so there are no evil influences. 

Hell it could be her sister. I don’t think the money is an issue. Although when I was talking about dropping the kids off with family, I meant as a paid gig. OTOH, it doesn’t seem like any of these folks are too concerned with finances. Maybe there’s a parallel universe because this approach seems so foreign to me. Do none of these young adults (especially the older ones) not remember the lean Rocky Top years? 

• Upvote 4

I was just thinking that i dont see Evan returning to his job anytime soon. He needs to drive Carlin everywhere and acompanies her everytime she does something for the boutique. He basically is her assistant now. And since they said the boutique is their main income it may be worth it for them to quit his job so she can mantain hers. 

Nannies are very expensive, doubt that hiring a nannie 8 hours a day is worth it money wise. A nursery may be a better option, but that would still leave Carlin stuck at home alone most of the day.

It doesnt seem that her family is willing to led them a real hand. Sure Gil went with his truck to help them throw away some cardboard, but i am talking actual daily help.

• Upvote 6

Evan's FMLA leave ends this week. There's no way he's returning to work. All that education thrown down the toilet.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Evan's FMLA leave ends this week. There's no way he's returning to work. All that education thrown down the toilet.

Is it something he can pick back up later? I can't remember if he had already qualified as an electrician or was still in training.

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

Is it something he can pick back up later? I can't remember if he had already qualified as an electrician or was still in training.

He finished up his apprenticeship, but I don't think he had a real job for more than a month before taking his leave. As for going back, codes change, equipment changes, styles change. Depending on how long he's out, it might be hard to find a good union job with rusty skills and almost no real experience.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

7 hours ago, SassyPants said:

So they are dropping the kids in Nashville and heading to an out of town (flying) business trip for Bates Boutique. 

are they visiting Chinese or Vietnamese sweatshops where their crap clothing is made?  Sorry not sorry.

• Upvote 16

14 hours ago, marmalade said:

He finished up his apprenticeship, but I don't think he had a real job for more than a month before taking his leave. As for going back, codes change, equipment changes, styles change. Depending on how long he's out, it might be hard to find a good union job with rusty skills and almost no real experience.

In that case, paying good money for help could be a well worth investment in their future. He could try to work half time, so he has experience and is up to date if either the boutique/sm go down the drain, her situation improves and they can drop the help or if her situation gets worse and she can’t earn money anymore. 

• Upvote 6

Mmm, i work 40 hour a week and so does my hubby, starting at 3 months babies go to daycare , at 2.5 years old they go to school. They could very well leave the kiddos at daycare ,like every other working couple  does.  She could take a cab or uber  to the boutique and back and never be alone. That way he can keep his job and so does she. Or leave the kiddos  with grandparets or sisters or churchlady. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, llucie said:

I was just thinking that i dont see Evan returning to his job anytime soon. He needs to drive Carlin everywhere and acompanies her everytime she does something for the boutique. He basically is her assistant now. And since they said the boutique is their main income it may be worth it for them to quit his job so she can mantain hers. 

Nannies are very expensive, doubt that hiring a nannie 8 hours a day is worth it money wise. A nursery may be a better option, but that would still leave Carlin stuck at home alone most of the day.

It doesnt seem that her family is willing to led them a real hand. Sure Gil went with his truck to help them throw away some cardboard, but i am talking actual daily help.

I think it would be worth it money wise if it means Evan will have a long term job as an electrician. Who knows how long they will be able to live on just Carlin’s income.

• Upvote 9

If I was Carlin , and my income was enough to comfortably support my family, and I was having health issues that required help with childcare and transportation and monitoring — I’d be very glad that my husband was willing and able to take on the role of helping me, and caring for our children. Even if he was putting his own career on hold for awhile. Like millions of women do to help their families out. All the time. There are many, many SAHM, by choice. Even those with career training. Most who don’t have significant health concerns of their partner in the mix.  Why is it so weird when it’s the father? 

• Upvote 18
  • Love 2

Its not weird perse,  but they can easily arrange things so , that neither one of them need to give up their jobs. It just takes some management.  That way you still end up with an somewhat equal marriage and kids who are grounded and have more experience in.life than just hanging unto mothers ( or fathers)apron ( wich does not do them any favours in the long run) they all need to step into the world at one point, and they need to be prepared. If not you get an arndt or rod homecloister thing , wich is very hard to break away from ( and more for the guys then the girls even)

Edited by ven
Not native english bare with me
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

If I was Carlin , and my income was enough to comfortably support my family, and I was having health issues that required help with childcare and transportation and monitoring — I’d be very glad that my husband was willing and able to take on the role of helping me, and caring for our children. Even if he was putting his own career on hold for awhile. Like millions of women do to help their families out. All the time. There are many, many SAHM, by choice. Even those with career training. Most who don’t have significant health concerns of their partner in the mix.  Why is it so weird when it’s the father? 

Without knowing how much money either Carlin or Evan make, I kind of assumed they needed both of their incomes. Of course, that could be false. I thought they could probably pay someone less than Evan's salary to help Carlin instead of him doing it. I’m assuming that an electrician’s job is physically demanding and it just makes sense for Evan to get his career going now rather than putting it off. And putting the stressor on Carlin as basically the sole provider (make more infomercials!) can’t be good for her health either.

I also assumed they were using health insurance from Evan’s job or union and they wouldn’t want to mess that up now.

• Upvote 8

39 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

This. It is not just childcare either, Carlin can't drive. So even if they hired a Nanny, Carlin would need someone to drive her to and from work. 

Obviously, the boutique and YouTube are the bulk of their income. Evan had talked about budgeting and savings many times and I do believe he would have weighed this decision. 

It is a decision many, many women make. To put the needs of the family first. It is just u dual becssue here the higher earner is the woman and it is the man making that sacrifice for her. 

Also, not shaming anyone, but I personally believe a parent caregiver is always preferable over a nanny or daycare if it is a feasible option.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

This. It is not just childcare either, Carlin can't drive. So even if they hired a Nanny, Carlin would need someone to drive her to and from work. 

Obviously, the boutique and YouTube are the bulk of their income. Evan had talked about budgeting and savings many times and I do believe he would have weighed this decision. 

It is a decision many, many women make. To put the needs of the family first. It is just u dual becssue here the higher earner is the woman and it is the man making that sacrifice for her. 

Also, not shaming anyone, but I personally believe a parent caregiver is always preferable over a nanny or daycare if it is a feasible option.

Nannies can drive. And there are many options these days like Uber or even carpooling with Whitney. 

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Nannies can drive. And there are many options these days like Uber or even carpooling with Whitney. 

Nannies could drive the children, Carlin might not want the nanny driving her around. 

I don't drive. I am at the mercy of others but I am also pretty particular at who I am comfortable asking for rides, because I do feel it is an imposition and I hate being at the mercy of someone else's schedule. 

Hopefully Carlin gets a diagnosis soon and a treatment plan. But until then, I don't actually see the issue with Evan offering her this support assuming they can afford it. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Nannies could drive the children, Carlin might not want the nanny driving her around. 

I don't drive. I am at the mercy of others but I am also pretty particular at who I am comfortable asking for rides, because I do feel it is an imposition and I hate being at the mercy of someone else's schedule. 

Hopefully Carlin gets a diagnosis soon and a treatment plan. But until then, I don't actually see the issue with Evan offering her this support assuming they can afford it. 

Yes, but Whitney is her coworker. If she wants her at work with her, picking her up on her way might be an imposition but isn’t unreasonable. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic