IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 11: Scary Health Situation

samurai_sarah

12 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

She used the term affiliate..that she was not an affiliate..she didn't say sponsored. There is some language semantics there. 

No, if you're talking about Whitney's post, she said it "wasn't sponsored." There was nothing about being an affiliate or not.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, marmalade said:

No, if you're talking about Whitney's post, she said it "wasn't sponsored." There was nothing about being an affiliate or not.

I watched it, she specifically said "I am not an affiliate". Someone else caught it too, on Reddit. Someone else who works with social media and knows the importance of the language, semantics. 

• Upvote 5

On 7/25/2022 at 5:26 AM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Youtube likes longer videos (or used to) so maybe she had nothing better to film than her talking about her couch. One problem with trying to vlog your life is that most people lead boring lives.

Whitney does not have a youtube channel. It was a instagram storie and Whitney never post anything but Ads on her instagram stories. This couch was sponsored for sure, just watching the stories you could tell, but it is even more obvious now that we know Carlin and Evan got the exact same couch at the same time and also promoted it in their youtube channel. They usually send influencers stuff at the same time, so if you follow a few you will have like 10 people claiming they just discovered the same shampoo at the same time and giving basically the same speech about the item. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

So I caved and watched the E&C video.

I think it was sponsored too, plus received was when Carlin wasn't well. He filmed himself carrying the boxes up the stairs, talked about how it was good when going up and down stairs due to being components, how he wasn't good at putting things together, yada, yada, yada, and that a couple of Carlin's sisters helped them put it together. At no time was Carlin in the video. Oh and their couch was about half the size of Z&W's.

Edited by Smoochie
  • Upvote 4

8 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I watched it, she specifically said "I am not an affiliate". Someone else caught it too, on Reddit. Someone else who works with social media and knows the importance of the language, semantics. 

We saw something different. I saw her IG story. Maybe she posted something else where she was speaking elsewhere? That might be the confusion here.

31 minutes ago, marmalade said:

We saw something different. I saw her IG story. Maybe she posted something else where she was speaking elsewhere? That might be the confusion here.

I saw her IG story as well and on one of them, she specifically said "I am not an affiliate". 

• Upvote 2

Her saying "I'm not an affiliate" just means she doesn't have a discount code. She could still be paid for talking about the couch.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, displayname said:

Her saying "I'm not an affiliate" just means she doesn't have a discount code. She could still be paid for talking about the couch.

Exactly. It's semantics. 

• Upvote 4

I, too, have symptoms that the doctors can't quite explain - they know the symptoms, they made sure that the known causes do not apply in my situation, but they are not quite sure what makes my body not work the way it should and they (obviously) don't have a name for it. My symptoms are being treated, but they don't have answers to all of my questions. That's not due to me being stupid or not caring or nor asking the right questions - sometimes, medicine and research just don't have the answer yet.

I was a teenager when the journey to a diagnosis began, underage, so my Mum was there to help me, but then I moved out and I still didn't have a diagnosis, so I had to continue on my own. It was hard, stuff fell through the cracks and all those medical terms confused me and I didn't understand everything properly.

I also didn't really want to face it - the side effects of my symptoms are scary, each new possible diagnosis was scary, and some of the test really physically hurt; not to mention the emotional pain that some of these tests and conversations caused.

And I grew up in a secular household with loving and supportive parents and I went to uni - I can't fault Carlin with struggling in this regard.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 25

As I have shared earlier in the thread, I have been struggling with health issues for the last several years and still no diagnosis. Lots of medications (sometimes ones that contradict, that is fun) and tests but no concrete answer. I am 39, well-educated, from a secular background and have been taught to be my own advocate and the process is still awful. 

Also the way the health care system overlooks and minimizes women's health issues is no joke..I really feel for Carlin. 

She posted today that Zade had some breathing issues over the weekend due to a cold. They just have had the worst luck lately. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 10

She does seem to do better when she's around Evan's family.  I think the girl needs some TLC (tender loving care, not the TV show).  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

58 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

She does seem to do better when she's around Evan's family.  I think the girl needs some TLC (tender loving care, not the TV show).  

His family seems genuinely helpful. 

I know the large family argument is that there is always someone to help but a) that is a lot of kids and parental help becomes non-existant and b) you are relying on nearly 20 people to have deep bonds. It just doesn't work. 

And Carlin does not seem to be close to any of the local siblings except Whitney (Zach). 

• Upvote 8

Just MHO, Carlin seems really needy. Zade had a cold and needed breathing treatments?Jesus, it’s like everything with these 2 becomes a significant issue. And why don’t they just shut it all down and focus on their health? Stop all the traveling, parties, Nashvilling, boutique shop activities, renovations.…They just need to stay home. They are very fortunate that Evan doesn’t have to work 50 hours a week too. I seriously question their decision making. Seizures, traveling constantly, new home, a newborn…they just need to slow down and recover from it all. Maybe her family has tried to relay that message but the Stewarts don’t want to hear it?

• Upvote 13
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Just MHO, Carlin seems really needy. Zade had a cold and needed breathing treatments?Jesus, it’s like everything with these 2 becomes a significant issue. And why don’t they just shut it all down and focus on their health? Stop all the traveling, parties, Nashvilling, boutique shop activities, renovations.…They just need to stay home. They are very fortunate that Evan doesn’t have to work 50 hours a week too. I seriously question their decision making. Seizures, traveling constantly, new home, a newborn…they just need to slow down and recover from it all. Maybe her family has tried to relay that message but the Stewarts don’t want to hear it?

I have family members like this. It’s impossible to get them to slow down. 

• Upvote 8

I do like that Carlin and Evan seem to truly enjoy their children. Don't know what is for instagram show or not, but it's nice to see compared to the more-frequent detachment of Michelle-esque robotic interaction with children.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

I do like that Carlin and Evan seem to truly enjoy their children. Don't know what is for instagram show or not, but it's nice to see compared to the more-frequent detachment of Michelle-esque robotic interaction with children.

I think that all the second gen Bates enjoy their kids. Before Zade was born and Carlin’s health problems started, it seemed like they used Layla as a prop quite often for their silly videos. Now they don’t have the time for that, and they are probably finding that their fans are just as interested in following Carlin’s health struggles and real interactions with their kids rather than staged scenarios.

I think that Josie still is the one who captures her kids’ personalities most authentically and seems to really “see” her kids. Not that exploiting their kids’ childhoods is an admirable career choice.

• Upvote 5

Carlin posted a YouTube video of her fall that led to her concussion.

On 6/16/2022 at 8:11 PM, formergothardite said:

Ever since I listened to Gil’s IBLP speech where he mentioned that Carlin suffered from serious depression issues from the time she was a young teen and they “cured” her by making her sit through a long revival and basically telling her she needed to always look cheerful, I’ve viewed her over the top behavior a bit differently. They clearly did zero to help their depressed child, she just learned that she needed to put on a mask of extreme happiness to keep her parents from beating her over the head with religious nonsense about how being depressed is just a form of being selfish.

Looking at the sort of parents Gil and Kelly have been the most obvious answer as to why they don’t go help their sick child is that they are just terrible parents. Always have been, probably always will be. 

What video was this where Gil talked about this?

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

13 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Carlin posted a YouTube video of her fall that led to her concussion.

What video was this where Gil talked about this?

it is on IBLP’s streaming service. They used to do free trials, not sure if they still do or if the service even exists anymore, but I signed up once for the free trial just to see what Gil and Kelly said about their beliefs and family when they are speaking to fellow cult members. It was very eye opening because they curate their image so much for the “world”, but were open about all the awful things they believed and did when they were among fellow fundies. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3

5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

it is on IBLP’s streaming service. They used to do free trials, not sure if they still do or if the service even exists anymore, but I signed up once for the free trial just to see what Gil and Kelly said about their beliefs and family when they are speaking to fellow cult members. It was very eye opening because they curate their image so much for the “world”, but were open about all the awful things they believed and did when they were among fellow fundies. 

Can you talk more about this? What sorts of things did they say? 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, BeccaGrim said:

Can you talk more about this? What sorts of things did they say? 

I just saw this one and laughed hard out loud...

In How to Support a Family of Nineteen Without a Salary, Gil explains the revolutionizing concept that God is trustworthy, and will provide for every need, right on time!

I think you misspelled 'Grifting for lazy, ravenously-reproducing cultists.'

• Upvote 15

6 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Do you remember which video it was? Your comment was reposted by someone on Reddit in the Bates section and got about 350 likes.

Edited by luv2laugh

I just watched their latest video, and I'd swear Carlin was having some kind of seizure activity during the conversation.  One time she was talking, stopped dead, stared into space, then turned to her friend who was sitting there and said "I just forgot what I was talking about".  And several times when Evan was talking she would just lose all expression on her face and kind of stare into space again. Then she would become animated again.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, SoSoNosy said:

I just watched their latest video, and I'd swear Carlin was having some kind of seizure activity during the conversation.  One time she was talking, stopped dead, stared into space, then turned to her friend who was sitting there and said "I just forgot what I was talking about".  And several times when Evan was talking she would just lose all expression on her face and kind of stare into space again. Then she would become animated again.

I had the same thought about possible absence seizures… it was quite alarming. 

• Upvote 8

12 hours ago, Keys said:

I had the same thought about possible absence seizures… it was quite alarming. 

I have been dealing with absence seizures lately and am told I get the same spaced expression. I wondered about that with her. In mine I can tell one is about to hit because I hear my own voice in my head. I'm in the middle of talking and in my head it feels like it is someone else. Then I apparently drift off.

The first neuro had me do an EEG and one of them happened there. He claimed I was asleep and it wasn't a seizure. However, I know I wasn't asleep because I can tell you the technician was eating a tuna sandwich and chips. She was crunching and getting on my nerves. They would have known too since I talk in my sleep and tend to snore slightly. 

There was clearly something happening there with Carlin that went beyond just a slip in concentration.

Edited by rebeccawriter01
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic