IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 11: Scary Health Situation

samurai_sarah

My father-in-law came from a large-ish family, I think maybe 9 or 10 kids? Surprise surprise there's a lot of history there and he doesn't like or speak to most of them but he also fixates on his upbringing and family. One of the theories he read, and then discussed at length one Christmas, was that there is a difference between the eldest, middle, and youngest children and the roles they get assigned. e.g. the eldest is designated the responsible one and so get more responsibility and more perks etc and then there's the question of whether that's natural or nurtured. Then if a family has enough children the pattern can repeat, so I think it was at the 5th or 6th child - they kind of become the "eldest" in their group, followed by the middles and youngest etc. Food for thought if you consider a family of 19 kids!

• Upvote 4

Carlin posting pics of Layla in a bikini I wonder when she will no longer be allowed to wear them. 

So fucking hypocritical you can wear them as a baby but don't you dare them any later.... 

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Carlin posting pics of Layla in a bikini I wonder when she will no longer be allowed to wear them. 

So fucking hypocritical you can wear them as a baby but don't you dare them any later.... 

I think Layla will be allowed to wear them, since Carlin wears them herself as well.

Only at some point she will stop posting pictures.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

Owning up - I dislike large social gatherings , especially where food is involved . Weddings sat at tables with people I don’t know , corporate events where someone is always trying to big up their business or sell me something . The latter I’ve now retired so don’t need to go , the former I go to only if I truly want to , otherwise a polite refusal and a generous gift suffice. 

It would be my  worst nightmare having  to share a table at an event with Judgy Jill and DB Dave . 

Someone at the table was having a glass of wine with dinner as the bottles were open and not full , someone at the table may have been trying to enjoy a meal without constant video , someone at the table may even have been enjoying the music but you can bet your bottom dollar Jill will have said why she wasn't drinking and her views on alcohol in general rather than just politely refusing the wine , and she will have commented on why she was leaving when the music became  “ rowdy snd obnoxious “  . She’s a moralistic , judgemental, excuse of a human being . 

Edited by Lavenderdilly
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Lavenderdilly said:

Owning up - I dislike large social gatherings , especially where food is involved . Weddings sat at tables with people I don’t know , corporate events where someone is always trying to big up their business or sell me something . The latter I’ve now retired so don’t need to go , the former I go to only if I truly want to , otherwise a polite refusal and a generous gift suffice. 

It would be my  worst nightmare having  to share a table at an event with Judgy Jill and DB Dave . 

Someone at the table was having a glass of wine with dinner as the bottles were open and not full , someone at the table may have been trying to enjoy a meal without constant video , someone at the table may even have been enjoying the music but you can bet your bottom dollar Jill will have said why she wasn't drinking and her views on alcohol in general rather than just politely refusing the wine , and she will have commented on why she was leaving when the music became  “ rowdy snd obnoxious “  . She’s a moralistic , judgemental, excuse of a human being . 

Sorry in the wrong thread , having a senior day 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Lavenderdilly said:

Sorry in the wrong thread , having a senior day 

I fully agree with your post, though. Spot on! 😅

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

So a bunch of the families are on vacation in FL. Including the Stewarts. Is Carlin seizure free? So CA, new home with renovations and now a vacation? I guess they pick it off the money tree?

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

12 hours ago, SassyPants said:

So a bunch of the families are on vacation in FL. Including the Stewarts. Is Carlin seizure free? So CA, new home with renovations and now a vacation? I guess they pick it off the money tree?

Carlin's seizures do seem to have stopped post-medication (even though she is no longer on it). 

It seems like it is Carlin/Evan and Zach/Whitney in Florida with Addee and Ellie, a lot of the other Bates are in Nashville. 

Carlin likely makes about $100k a year from instagram partnerships. Another $150k or so from YouTube. Plus the boutique and Evan's job (I know he is on leave), the money tree is their extremely marketable young family. 

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 3

Every time I see this thread in the recent column, I check to see if they've gotten an answer regarding her seizures. Recent comments sent me back to her instagram. Baby Zade has the best grumpy facial expressions. In every single picture, he looks like he's just had a very satisfying poopy diaper. Dare I hope he occasionally poops all over those ridiculous outfits Carlin picks for her children? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

On 6/23/2022 at 12:56 AM, CarrotCake said:

I think Layla will be allowed to wear them, since Carlin wears them herself as well.

Only at some point she will stop posting pictures.

When has Carlin worn a bikini that we know of? She wears pants but still dresses modest as far as I can tell. 

• Upvote 2

She said something about vacationing with her bestie in a photo with Whitney so sounds like they have grown very close.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

She said something about vacationing with her bestie in a photo with Whitney so sounds like they have grown very close.

I wonder if she is the type of person to call whichever friend is with her at the moment her “bestie” or if she is no longer as close with Joy and closer now with Whitney. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, artdecades said:

I wonder if she is the type of person to call whichever friend is with her at the moment her “bestie” or if she is no longer as close with Joy and closer now with Whitney. 

She and Joy still seem incredibly close and visit a few times a year. I think Carlin, like Erin, uses best friend to describe more than one person. 

• Upvote 18

On 6/26/2022 at 9:58 AM, CanadianMamam said:

Carlin's seizures do seem to have stopped post-medication (even though she is no longer on it). 

It seems like it is Carlin/Evan and Zach/Whitney in Florida with Addee and Ellie, a lot of the other Bates are in Nashville. 

Carlin likely makes about $100k a year from instagram partnerships. Another $150k or so from YouTube. Plus the boutique and Evan's job (I know he is on leave), the money tree is their extremely marketable young family. 

I did my math wrong, she and Evan are likely making about $70-80k on YouTube. But instagram numbers were right. So they are doing really well.

• Upvote 5

Influencer culture is on the decline. I mean it's not impossible to rack up a following, but even the biggest names are having trouble keeping their audience coming back and engaging. I'm glad Evan has training for another job separate from social media, because trends are changing and people are wising up how exploited the children of these family influencers are.

• Upvote 7

On 6/26/2022 at 5:35 PM, artdecades said:

When has Carlin worn a bikini that we know of? She wears pants but still dresses modest as far as I can tell. 

There is a picture of her on the beach and in a pool, clearly wearing a bikini-top under a coverup.

She is in the pool with the coverup for the picture but why buy a bikini if you don’t plan on using it.

And this was even from before her wedding

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bnj7UMYAFHr/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

There is a picture of her on the beach and in a pool, clearly wearing a bikini-top under a coverup.

She is in the pool with the coverup for the picture but why buy a bikini if you don’t plan on using it.

There are fundies who will use a bikini to layer under other clothes for swimming for additional modesty purposes.  Basically wearing it as a bra.  I've heard more fundies than I can count talk, in conversations about how to find modest swimwear (oh yes, these are conversations that happen) say they wear a bikini top under a regular t-shirt.  I'm unsure why you would do that and not just a regular bra, but I guess it somehow makes sense in their world?

• Upvote 8

16 minutes ago, Sarcastically spinster said:

There are fundies who will use a bikini to layer under other clothes for swimming for additional modesty purposes.  Basically wearing it as a bra.  I've heard more fundies than I can count talk, in conversations about how to find modest swimwear (oh yes, these are conversations that happen) say they wear a bikini top under a regular t-shirt.  I'm unsure why you would do that and not just a regular bra, but I guess it somehow makes sense in their world?

As a Muslim who prefers to wear more than a bikini in a pool, I think I can answer your questions: many bras are much cushier and made from a different material than a bikini top, so they tend to become soggy and just uncomfortable in the water. Bikinis, though, do not so they’re a good choice when you want to wear “underwear” underneath something in the water. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

I’m just glad they all ditched that wholesome wear sack dress. It was ugly and the material looked like it weighed them down. A swim tank and swim skirt/shorts that aren’t too long work great as swimwear. It seems to be what a lot of them are wearing now. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Sarcastically spinster said:

But if you wear it as a bra, why would you choose a thin halter strap?

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

But if you wear it as a bra, why would you choose a thin halter strap?

That I don't have an answer for.  🤷‍♀️ No accounting for taste?  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Carlin posted her swimwear for today and it is a tankini top and a skirt. Really cute. 

She also monetized it. 🙄

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 1

The Duggar marrieds seem to wear more normal looking swimwear as do the Bateses. It seems that many fundies do now. I’m not talking string bikinis. But Jill Rod again seems to be the only stand out. Making her kids wear street clothing in the pool and ocean to stay modest 🙄

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Duggar marrieds seem to wear more normal looking swimwear as do the Bateses. It seems that many fundies do now. I’m not talking string bikinis. But Jill Rod again seems to be the only stand out. Making her kids wear street clothing in the pool and ocean to stay modest 🙄

One of Carlin’s recent Insta stories showed a quick glimpse of Addalee in a relatively normal looking suit. It was a black one piece w/the top looking like a tank top and the bottom a little skirt. Kind of surprised me, since she’s young and still under K&G’s roof. Modest but appropriate for the beach and not covered head to toe or in Street clothes. 

• Upvote 7

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic