IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 51: An Unappealing Appeal

nelliebelle1197

I wonder if Anna has blocked Amy (and anyone else telling Anna to divorce the convicted pedophile) and that lead to Amy releasing her statement publicly. 

• Upvote 1

I am enraged that all these “character references 🤮” are being written by people who didn’t spend a single minute sitting through the trial (Waller excluded) 

And I hope that the judge is counting all the children 12 and younger that these arseholes have between them and seeing that Josh will have access to maybe 20 kids in his preferred age range with parents who think he is innocent and harmless to children. 20 little potential victims with parents who don’t think he needs ANY supervision or monitoring. 

The mind truly boggles!

• Upvote 20
  • Love 3

I know Amy gets criticism here for riding the family coattails but I really appreciate her candor in her letter to Anna.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 17

I'd like to know who convinced Pa Keller to write a letter of support for Josh.  Was it JB or Anna?  I simply can't believe that he came up with the idea himself.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Giraffe said:

I wonder if Anna has blocked Amy (and anyone else telling Anna to divorce the convicted pedophile) and that lead to Amy releasing her statement publicly. 

I checked. At minimum, Anna isn't following Amy. At worst, Amy is blocked. I doubt Anna saw this letter.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

I am enraged that all these “character references 🤮” are being written by people who didn’t spend a single minute sitting through the trial (Waller excluded) 

And I hope that the judge is counting all the children 12 and younger that these arseholes have between them and seeing that Josh will have access to maybe 20 kids in his preferred age range with parents who think he is innocent and harmless to children. 20 little potential victims with parents who don’t think he needs ANY supervision or monitoring. 

The mind truly boggles!

I forgot that Anna also sat through the trial 🤦‍♀️

Clearly her perception of the trial was so wildly different to ours that she might as well have not been there though…

• Upvote 6

30 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I checked. At minimum, Anna isn't following Amy. At worst, Amy is blocked. I doubt Anna saw this letter.

But other people in her circle will and they will no doubt share it with Anna

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

7 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Those poor kids. Now they are being fed lies on how persecuted there father is. That he is innocent and truly a Godly man. 
One day when they are grown up one of them will door some googling and find out the truth. 
They will find out their mom chose and abuser pedophile over her own children. 
It won’t be pretty 

I don’t think it will even be years down the road when they are grown adults. Mack is 12? No matter how sheltered and isolated and home schooled they are — within a couple years, max, she’ll find out what happened with her dad, and the public view of him. If for no other reason than self-interest, Anna should come up with a version of events that is at least somewhere within the realm of plausible reality. Even if she does put  a spin on it.  I can’t imagine your 13 or 14 year old daughter thinking Daddy went away because the bad Satan worshipers lied - with no other info - then googling all the trial details — would go well. 

• Upvote 4

52 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I'd like to know who convinced Pa Keller to write a letter of support for Josh.  Was it JB or Anna?  I simply can't believe that he came up with the idea himself.

I can. Nothing I have ever heard come out of his mouth gave me faith that he is smart, intelligent or has a good read of people. Reading his drivel hasn’t improved my opinion! I would expect him to have offered to write something (especially as Anna and the M’s would come back under his umbrella if she does divorce and how he would finance that many more people is clearly beyond his capabilities)

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

23 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

But other people in her circle will and they will no doubt share it with Anna

I doubt this. If they're under JB's thumb, they won't say anything to her because there's a chance Anna rat them out to JB. If they're not under JB's thumb like Jill or some of the Keller siblings, perhaps they already offered a way out for her privately and there's a big chance Anna refused/won't listen to them. At this point she's already doubling down, Amy can't help her.

I think she's planning to drill her kids with their effed up beliefs even more now so when they're grown up enough to find out the truth, they won't believe it/could be persuaded to believe that it's a ploy to bring down their Godly family. She drank enough Kool-Aid to not care about their safety. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, Whipple said:

I've said it before on Free Jinger and I'll say it again. The chickens will come home to their roosting place. Anna's children, maybe all seven of them, will hold her accountable for what she does now. Remember the Willis Family? I believe that Josh is not only a danger to his children but will be a danger to his grandchildren. He's shown a psychopathic, sadistic side. Dangerous man. Anna is a ridiculous fool and some day she will pay for her stupidity. That's just how the world works. It doesn't suffer fools. And it's not like I think I'm all that. We all pay the piper. 

Wondering how many tired old saws I can cram into one post in case you're wondering.

Except the Willis kids did not hold their mother accountable…they held their father accountable and he’s the one in jail. Their mother stayed with their father for much longer than Anna has stayed with Josh (while he was doing much more terrible things to his own children) and the kids still support their mom.

I have no idea why Anna wrote the character reference letter, but I think it’s a big leap to assume that Anna is the one her kids will be mad at one day. They might, but they also might circle around her and maintain a good relationship with her while eventually seeing the light about their dad and cutting him off.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

Wow - Pa Keller’s letter really struck me as incredibly naïve sounding, almost childlike. If identifying elements had been removed I’d have probably guessed that it was written by a young teen, not a 60ish year old man! And a man who spent decades interacting with the prison system to boot. Just, wow.

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 21

5 minutes ago, FunDieDumDum said:

Wow - Pa Keller’s letter really struck me as incredibly naïve sounding, almost childlike. If identifying elements had been removed I’d have probably guessed that it was written by a young teen, not a 60ish year old man! And a man who spent decades interacting with the prison system to boot. Just, wow.

They are all woefully undereducated. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 7

17 hours ago, Stephanie66 said:

Right. And he loved his wife. 

I don't think Joshua cared about his family, though, or he wouldn't have spent that much time to hide what he was viewing online.

Hitler and Eva Braun did not marry until they were in the bunker as Allied troops surrounded the area.  Then they committed suicide.

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 3

15 minutes ago, EyesOpen said:

They are all woefully undereducated. 

Well, yes, but I’m speaking more to the level of emotional intelligence (or, one could say, wisdom) rather than level of formal education. I don’t mean to insult the man, but I expected something much more nuanced in a sentencing letter written by someone with his experience working with incarcerated individuals.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7

I doubt that Anna is working feverishly behind the scenes to divorce Josh. Her post of “there’s more to the story” cemented for me exactly where she stands. Josh in jail gives her time to romanticize her relationship with him. Constant phone calls to him gives her purpose in life. She will never leave him. JB and Pa Keller will see to that.

Since Pa Keller has a penis, he is thought to be wise and knowledgable within the ranks of the IBLP church, regardless of what a dimwitted clodhopper he actually is. He barely has to do anything to hold a high position of esteem among the church members and he be ridin’ that easy peasy train to glory. Have penis will travel. 

I know Anna attended the trial but I thought she left before the most graphic of details was presented.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Cam said:

I doubt that Anna is working feverishly behind the scenes to divorce Josh. Her post of “there’s more to the story” cemented for me exactly where she stands. Josh in jail gives her time to romanticize her relationship with him. Constant phone calls to him gives her purpose in life. She will never leave him. JB and Pa Keller will see to that.

Since Pa Keller has a penis, he is thought to be wise and knowledgable within the ranks of the IBLP church, regardless of what a dimwitted clodhopper he actually is. He barely has to do anything to hold a high position of esteem among the church members and he be ridin’ that easy peasy train to glory. Have penis will travel. 

I know Anna attended the trial but I thought she left before the most graphic of details was presented.

Oh I’m sure Anna will think he’s an even better husband while in prison. There’s a reason why women fall in love with men in prison. They give all of their attention to the women because they have nothing else to do. I bet he calls her and writes her all the time. I bet he constantly tells her how much he loves and misses her. When really, he misses his freedom most of all. He’s channeling all of his time and energy into her because she’s his link to the outside world. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 8

The letters boggle my mind.  I get the defense wants those submitting letters to focus any positive character traits they think Josh might possess.  But how is it a good idea to keep referencing the young children at home? 

I could be wrong but my guess is the defense attorneys don't really give a shit about the letters or the number of years Josh gets, otherwise they'd have provided better direction to those writing letters.  "You can talk about cracker sweeping, but just don't talk about who was responsible for them landing on the floor", for example. 

• Upvote 4

I think she's probably romanticizing the good times too. Not just the sweet words her Joshua is sending, but maybe the early days of their marriage before it all went belly up. It's easy to view all of that through rose colored glasses when the reality of him isn't staring her in the face. 
And she was likely brought up to believe that he IS a good and godly husband. He made mistakes, sure, but he asked for forgiveness. And he's been a provider, and a provider of babies - and really - her standards are set SO low - that's probably all she really feels she needs. 
So now she's under JB's umbrella right - and her pack of kids are all going to be cared for in some way or the other and this is God just testing her etc. She won't leave. I wish she would. I wish she could see a life off the compound - but her whole world has been to think of herself last. She's a devoted mom, she has those kids to raise and that's going to keep her pretty busy. She can't fathom a life of NOT living there. If she moves out - she'd have to eventually get a job - and with minimal education, no outside-the-house work experience and a pack of children - how does she make that work. She's not going anywhere. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

About whether anyone will tell Anna about Amy’s letter: All that needs to happen is for one member of their church to say, “I think Amy’s letter was just awful. I hope you don’t give it a moment’s thought.”  Perhaps in front of Mack. What are the chances? Decent, I would think. And this person may not say this in all innocence either. Anna’s arrogance, especially back in the day, must have insulted someone who is now inclined to take a passive aggressive slap at her. And then there is the fun of straight out shit stirring. 
  Even if this doesn’t happen, at some point in the future, won’t Anna Google her name and see it? (Might even be better if she sees it later, when attention has died down and she has time to think.)

Edited by Bastet
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh I’m sure Anna will think he’s an even better husband while in prison.

If Anna ends up thinking that I will wholeheartedly agree with her! He’s the absolute best husband he could ever be while behind bars.

I know that’s not quite what you meant, but I have a feeling you won’t mind my twisting your words slightly. 😉

• Haha 11

My guess is that nobody is likely to say anything even remotely referencing the Josh business in front of the kids. The silence and half answers will lead some of them them to looks later, maybe, but they've been taught to obey/believe without question and the cult stifles natural curiosity so that isn't even guaranteed.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, FunDieDumDum said:

Thank you for saying this. I’ve been trying to figure out why his letter seemed so “off” but haven’t been able to put words to it. 

• Upvote 11

4 hours ago, FunDieDumDum said:

Well, yes, but I’m speaking more to the level of emotional intelligence (or, one could say, wisdom) rather than level of formal education. I don’t mean to insult the man, but I expected something much more nuanced in a sentencing letter written by someone with his experience working with incarcerated individuals.

Well the work he has done is basically just reciting Gothard materials. Gothard does exactly encourage critical thinking or truly understanding the stories of the people he has met. 

• Upvote 11

I am not surprised by any of the letters. It’s totally normal for a defendant to have letters of their good character or acts from family and friends. Even serial killers have loved ones talking about how great they were to them. There isn’t anything out of the ordinary here, it’s just that is Josh so it’s assumed to be wrong. 

I am on the train that Amy is just looking for attention. She may hate what Josh did but I don’t think she is actually trying to reach out to Anna. I really hate open letters to people because the writer gets all the attention without actually having to face to the person to which it is directed. Amy knows her family, and Anna, well enough to know nothing she says is going to change anything. Her posts are for her more than Anna. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 2

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic