IGNORED

Trump 56: He Still Loves Rallies Almost As Much As He Adores Putin

GreyhoundFan

Today is the anniversary of the night Nixon resigned. Coincidence? Prescience? Another sort of “ence”? 😆

• Upvote 12
  • Love 5

I really do not want to get my hopes up, but this raid is happening at the place he proclaimed was basically the other White House; his preferred place to be; not only the place he mainly lives these days but one of his prized businesses; and it’s happening while important elections are occurring or about to occur where he has been endorsing candidates- not to mention the speculation he is about to announce his 2024 run. The feds generally don’t play unless they have the goods on any case including some no name low level case so for this raid to happen leads me to believe there is substantial evidence already and probably enough to nail Trump or someone very close to him. If what Trump claims is true and his safe was searched, he is the likely target. I really can’t believe that unless the feds already had the ducks not only in a row, but killed, everything that needs to be removed done so, properly seasoned, and in the roasting pans with the ovens preheated this raid wouldn’t have happened. Likely all that remains is to pop the ducks in the oven and just wait for them to be perfectly roasted. 

• Upvote 19

1 hour ago, AnywhereButHere said:

His staff better ready the ketchup bottles! I’ll bet he’s mad enough to create a whole Jackson Pollock knockoff. 

407979793_HomeTwi.thumb.jpg.b6dbd0eeb20ece27987460900cdbcbad.jpg

Omg!! Best. News. Ever. After getting out of yoga tonight! Watching Rachel. Wow wow wow. 

BTW the meme coming out from all sorts of creative people are FABULOUS! IMG_1116.thumb.jpg.013d0304c4c3034a45343196c0b0c619.jpg

• Haha 23

They timed it so he was in New York and couldn't interfere.  They did tell the Secret Service beforehand that they were doing the raid so I'm sure he was working the phone trying to find some say to stop it.  The most delicious part was that they broke into his safe.

I'm just here doing my Snoopy happy dance.  

889065733_Screenshot(10690).png.591b3dd66a92bc74ed92bd9219f4e096.png

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

And how wonderfully ironic it would be if the judge that approved the warrant happened to be one that Trump appointed. Naturally I have no idea who the judges or anything like that but I want to pour the whole ocean into his wounds!

Yeah it would be so delicious if one of fuck-face's appointees had approved the warrant.  Not only for the fuck face reaction but for the reaction of the likes of Mitch McFuckstick after finding out ramming through judges backfired on them.

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

The speculation I’m seeing on MSNBC is that it’s related to the classified documents removed from the WH. 

An excellent reason.  I imagine he's bigly worried and especially poor company right now.

10 minutes ago, Xan said:

They timed it so he was in New York and couldn't interfere.  They did tell the Secret Service beforehand that they were doing the raid so I'm sure he was working the phone trying to find some say to stop it.  The most delicious part was that they broke into his safe.

I wonder whether the Secret Service told him beforehand.  If it was timed for him to be away then they might have been instructed to tell him nothing.  He might be pissed at both the FBI and the Secret Service...who are also charged with protecting him.  Awkward.

Not sure I'd want to know what's in Trump's safe.

• Upvote 11

53 minutes ago, AnywhereButHere said:

Today is the anniversary of the night Nixon resigned. Coincidence? Prescience? Another sort of “ence”? 😆

As long as it isn’t ence with a P in front. 
I’ll hold off on my snoopy dance as I’ve had my hopes raised so many times only to have them smashed and crushed     like a carton of eggs tossed at a fan. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

1 minute ago, Dandruff said:

An excellent reason.  I imagine he's bigly worried and especially poor company right now.

I wonder whether the Secret Service told him beforehand.  If it was timed for him to be away then they might have been instructed to tell him nothing.  He might be pissed at both the FBI and the Secret Service...who are also charged with protecting him.  Awkward.

Not sure I'd want to know what's in Trump's safe.

Like Nixon and the tapes one has to wonder if saving the documents is stupidity or malignant hubris. 

• Upvote 9

2 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Like Nixon and the tapes one has to wonder if saving the documents is stupidity or malignant hubris. 

Why not both?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 9

Just now, GreyhoundFan said:

image.thumb.png.d1ccce2e779947f14d7f997bf6c701ee.png

Didn’t Fucker Carlson and the King of Four Seasons Landscaping claim to have the laptop? Wonder why they never made the contents public or held it for ransom.  

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5

Excellent @Popehead thread on the warrant to search Mar a Lago, likely based on very new, fresh information available that makes this the moment to search it. 

Thanks to @Popehat on twitter!  Unrolli of thread here for non-Twitterati: Okay. Seems solid that the FBI searched Mar-A-Lago, based on multiple sources, including a very angry shouty man who is liveblogging it.

• Thank You 13

11 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Yeah it would be so delicious if one of fuck-face's appointees had approved the warrant.  Not only for the fuck face reaction but for the reaction of the likes of Mitch McFuckstick after finding out ramming through judges backfired on them.

CNN last night was saying that yes, it was a Trump-appointed judge who put it through, if I heard right.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 11
  • Thank You 1

If Trump is indeed at Bedminster, there's a wall with a Jackson Pollock-worthy ketchup mural. There's probably odds in Vegas on whether the stress will trigger a stroke and or heart attack. 

Some possible scenarios on how the day is going for everyone else:

Melania's at the spa for massage and other self care regimens + shopping in NYC w/ her besties + maybe catch a matinee with her current lover, Barron is at his grandparents playing X Box and everybody else is just laying as low as possible to avoid flying objects.  Mark Meadows, how ya doin' today? 

Trump's already using the "raid" to fund raise, of course. 

Paraphrasing Heather Cox Richardson, never f**k with archivists.  Stealing classified documents is an extremely serious Federal offense and the resulting legal shitstorm could certainly legally block him from running for any Federal office in 2024. (Remember the cockamanie Repub scheme to install Trump as Speaker of the House if they win in the midterms?). 

The "raid" was run by the FBI office in Trump's area, you know.  Maybe it's three, four, or five dimensional chess to knock Trump out of the running and install DeSantis as the front runner.  

Maybe it's at the behest of "rogue" (Never Trump) FBI agents, because you know there are virulent pro-Trump elements in the FBI that wouldn't do it. 

Did the proposed "raid" cross Garland's desk? We don't know.  Maybe it's a way for f**king "institutionalist" Merrick Garland to sit on his "institutionalist" hands and let the Southern District of Florida, rather than DoJ itself, bring charges. I'm in the camp that says the Garland DoJ won't directly indict Trump (if that's even how it works).  IANAL or Federal prosecutor, so just idle speculation. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 8

Trump wasn't hanging on to these documents for nostalgic reasons. In addition to trying to cover up his crimes while in office, there's little doubt he would happily use these documents to undermine national security if he could use them for his personal benefit.

I hope things move quickly from here, and on multiple fronts.  (Georgia, Jan 6, stolen docs, and whatever financial crimes he can be pegged with.) He'll never do time in federal prison - the Secret Service would have to come with him - but I'd like to see him spend the rest of his life on house arrest with no access to the internet. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

He'll never do time in federal prison - the Secret Service would have to come with him - but I'd like to see him spend the rest of his life on house arrest with no access to the internet. 

Thank you for that interesting point! But yes to house arrest! 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Howl said:

If Trump is indeed at Bedminster, there's a wall with a Jackson Pollock-worthy ketchup mural. There's probably odds in Vegas on whether the stress will trigger a stroke and or heart attack. 

Supposedly he was at trump tower in NYC, preparing for his deposition. I could see him throwing stuff out of the windows onto Fifth Avenue. 

• Upvote 6

On 7/31/2022 at 12:31 PM, Xan said:

This is Donny's latest from Truth Social:

1381404731_Screenshot(10576).png.97a866018e25f66d77e02cf71476ae1b.png

Here's a hint, Donny -- if you think Biden has dementia and is "recovering well" then he doesn't have dementia.  Good lord, can someone just make him shut up??

So that shit stain thinks dementia is something to be joked around about? What a slap in the face to those of us who have lost loved ones piece by piece to this horrible disease.  I would say he can go to hell but not even they deserve him. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 12

22 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

So that shit stain thinks dementia is something to be joked around about? What a slap in the face to those of us who have lost loved ones piece by piece to this horrible disease.  I would say he can go to hell but not even they deserve him. 

Hugs to you, @libgirl2, and you are spot on with your post.  It was a cruel, horrible social media comment and anyone who has had the deep pain of watching a loved one go through dementia knows that one does not "recover". It is a heartbreaking and horrible disease indeed and not only does the sufferer lose physical capacities but the mental capacities as they are lost are even worse as the sufferer gets so lost and confused.  Being witness to the physical emaciation and incapacitation is bad enough but seeing a loved one in such mental anguish is devastating. 

Not to throw any salt into an open wound so please forgive me if I do, but guess what- technically those people in the nursing homes still CAN vote so his post is not only cruel but incredibly stupid.  If people had to take some kind of test to determine a level of comprehension or ability to understand basic principles of government prior to voting, there would be a whole lotta MAGAts who wouldn't be allowed.  Including Trump himself. 

I have already had a couple of Trumpers try the old "Well you wouldn't be happy if the news was about Hunter Biden's laptop" or "What if it was Hillary Clinton's house?" bit with me.  To which I answer, "I'd have zero problem with that news if there was credible evidence that a crime was committed and that evidence of that crime was on the laptop/in the house.  But the DOJ under Trump for four years and while the R's had both chambers of Congress for two years AND while under a Trump appointee failed to get anything along those lines accomplished so either that whole group is a bunch of incompetents and shouldn't be in office or there is no there there.  Take your pick."  It's what they just cannot understand- for us, politics isn't a team sport and justice isn't one sided but blind.  I have said many times that I was and still am outraged that Bill Clinton, a man who committed perjury while in office, wasn't removed from office.  It wasn't just "about a blow job" but about the coverup and ultimately, for me, having a POTUS who committed perjury- and who at the time was a licensed attorney no less-is too much to allow.  I realize many here will likely disagree but when I get the whole "Well you were okay with Clinton staying in office" I respond with "Nope.  Not even a little bit.  Years later and I am still mad."  Bring up Epstein's plane?  Let me tell you how if evidence of anyone ever aboard that plane was involved in trafficking or sexual abuse/assault of girls that person should be investigated and sued as well as prosecuted if at all possible.  I don't care if that person is my very favorite singer/actor/writer/politician/personal role model.  Someone in Washington DC turns out to be the next Weinstein/Cosby/Epstein?  He or she could be someone I pointed to as a political inspiration but I will be the first in line yelling "Lock him/her up!"  It's about justice, fairness, and doing what's right even when it is personally upsetting.  

But damn if I'm not enjoying the HELL out of the Hillary Clinton memes. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 5

Ooh, so Donnie’s terrible week continues.  an appeals court has granted the House Ways and Means committee access to TFG’s taxes from the IRS. 

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/09/politics/appeals-court-house-trump-taxes-opinion/index.html

I’m sure he’ll run to SCOTUS to have his minions overturn the appeals court. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Ooh, so Donnie’s terrible week continues.  an appeals court has granted the House Ways and Means committee access to TFG’s taxes from the IRS. 

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/09/politics/appeals-court-house-trump-taxes-opinion/index.html

While I have zero faith in many of the sitting SCOTUS, I have been contemplating all day whether they would actually have the balls to overturn both the lower courts' rulings.  It would have to be some pretty creative legal manipulation and unlike some of the other rulings, the SCOTUS has to consider that even if they rule in a way that favors Trump, it sets up precedent that would apply to future Dem POTUSs as well.  It's like the filibuster and the nuclear option.  As much as I was disgusted that the nuclear option was used to keep Merrick Garland off the SCOTUS, the Dems were the ones who created it and have only themselves to blame.  It's the "be careful what you wish for" concept.  The Hobby Lobby ruling is another example.  The Christian Right was ecstatic at the ruling but didn't stop to think that it could be applied in other situations involving other, non-Christian religions.  If the SCOTUS throws Trump this bone, then the Rs can't complain down the road if a D POTUS claims that a POTUS, even one no longer sitting as POTUS, can claim the same privilege.  I just hope the SCOTUS decides to think long term but again, right now I have no faith in many of them to act in any way appropriately or in a manner consistent with justice. 

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Anne Of Gray Gables said:

I hope things move quickly from here, and on multiple fronts.  (Georgia, Jan 6, stolen docs, and whatever financial crimes he can be pegged with.) He'll never do time in federal prison - the Secret Service would have to come with him - but I'd like to see him spend the rest of his life on house arrest with no access to the internet. 

I think he can serve federal time. He would be in solitary and probably in a medium to high security so he has enough eyes on him and then secret service don't need to watch him. But he is a slippery eel so I'm doubtful he will ever see trial. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic