IGNORED

Trump 56: He Still Loves Rallies Almost As Much As He Adores Putin

GreyhoundFan

33 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

image.thumb.png.de6c689f0c743716324b4068234eae60.png

Don’t forget mustard gate. The most shameful day in our country’s history. 

• Upvote 6

I’ve been a bit out of the loop, just spotting the gist of things on Twitter. I found this article interesting and pretty measured about whether we’ll actually see him serve jail time. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/aug/13/nuclear-or-not-classified-or-not-mar-a-lago-files-spell-out-jeopardy-for-trump

also this part (can’t figure out quotes on my phone sorry):

The Espionage Act predates the system of classification introduced by executive order after the second world war, so it makes no reference to it. It talks about “national defence” information. It does not distinguish between classified and declassified materials – unauthorized retention of any document relevant to the statute remains a crime.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 11

@Smee since the last site update the quote option is only visible on your phone in landscape view.

This is an interesting line of thought:

• Thank You 8

So this is the latest frantic justification from the GQP/Faux:

MSNBC had a panel that discussed this, plus the actual process for declassification:

• Upvote 5

So I guess they are going to drop the “it was planted” defense and just try to claim Trump regularly declassified top secret paperwork and kept them in unsecured locations? And he just oops forgot about these boxes when he was told multiple times he needed to return all the stuff he had taken. This is not the improvement on the story that they think it is. 

• Upvote 12

4 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

So I guess they are going to drop the “it was planted” defense and just try to claim Trump regularly declassified top secret paperwork and kept them in unsecured locations? And he just oops forgot about these boxes when he was told multiple times he needed to return all the stuff he had taken. This is not the improvement on the story that they think it is. 

I’m trying to come up with a legitimate response to this new bull shit and I just can’t think of any rational thing to say to something so ridiculous. I’m looking forward to the next press conference at The Four Seasons (Landscaping). Come join me. It is right next door to a nifty toy and book store. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

Continued here:

• Upvote 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic