IGNORED

Lawson and Tiffany 7: How Is This Going to Work?

Coconut Flan

A troll who wants to stay around also has to have just enough sane posts to not be immediately banned. This particular muck dweller has the insidious M.O. of intentional bad faith “interpretations” and obviously gets off on making unsuspecting posters backpedal and apologise for something they clearly never meant. 

Which is the reason I am not putting the muck dweller on ignore, so someone can explain to the victim that they are innocent. 

Gaslighting 101.

Edited by Mrs Ms
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, clueliss said:

I know this is going to pain many of you. I agree with Jackie3. Do you have your opinions, but maybe you need to set them aside and look at what she’s actually saying instead of just saying oh it’s a troll.

Thanks, but I take it as a compliment.

"It's a troll" = "She made me think! I'm outside my comfort zone!"   It's a good thing.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/20/2022 at 4:52 PM, BeccaGrim said:

I think Tiffany's pregnant.  I think they're building up to an announcement.   I think its going to be soon an announcement "I'm pregnant too." I think they cater their IG stories like they're storytelling, creating a script. 

On 8/22/2022 at 11:51 AM, postscript said:

Every time this thread comes to the top, I wonder if there’s been a pregnancy announcement. 

I was concerned about pregnancy when I saw the Lawson and Tiffany thread and the Upcoming Babies threads in the 5 newest threads.

On 8/25/2022 at 1:21 AM, CarrotCake said:

Where are they telling that? They are just going out (for dinner?) right?

Better watch out for those Bloomin Onions. Just ask the Wallers about them.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

A troll who wants to stay around also has to have just enough sane posts to not be immediately banned.

I don't think is a rule. 

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1

It's not about making a good point.  It's about a bad faith interpretation, as @Mrs Ms said.  It's perfectly clear after a single post what was meant (if clarification was needed for someone) but instead a one-sided argument is launched to put someone on the defensive.  This poster does this all the time - it's basically how they "troll" the site.  I have previously engaged and will not continue to do so directly, however pointing out the method bears repeating.

There are plenty of posts with intelligent content made by them, however the willful misunderstanding of other posters just to start non arguments makes it one more thing to roll eyes about.

• Upvote 19

Nobody said "generic Asian" before Jackie3 did. The original poster used "genetic Asian" to describe the visible genetic makeup in her friend's family. I agree that "generic any-ethnicty" would be a poor choice of words, but reading comprehension should always precede "gotcha!" posts.

If I'm honest, I am not able to identify many specific regional ethnicities on sight and imagine that most of us can't, especially areas of the world we've never visited or communities we've not spent much time in. I imagine that whether people are offended or proud or somewhere in between to have their ethnicity discussed based on their physical features varies according to person.

I also know we have a wide variety of countries represented here as well as varied languages. In general, people here are thoughtful about issues of race, ethnicity, and respecting others, and I appreciate that and am curious to hear good faith personal perspectives. 

Edited by neuroticcat
  • Upvote 20

22 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Here's a good way to look at it. Would you say, "generic Asian" around an Asian person? 

depending on the person and the context, yes. It is something I have heard MY "Asian" family members say, so yes, I would say it around them.

Christ, you are tiresome. Do you constantly pick these "but, actually" fights with family, friends and colleagues in real life? You apparently get off on believing that you are smarter/more enlightened/better than the rest of the world.  But does it make you a better person? Does it make the people around you like you more? 

And with that, I'm muting you. You contribute so little, yet create so much unnecessary drama.

• Upvote 11

51 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

depending on the person and the context, yes. It is something I have heard MY "Asian" family members say, so yes, I would say it around them.

I guess you also use the term "generic Black baby."

And "generic Latino baby".

They must all look alike to you. 

Edited by Jackie3

34 minutes ago, samurai_sarah said:

All babies look like frogs to me.

Yep. 

My aunt used to say all white babies look like Winston Churchill lol. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

I think newborns all look like grumpy old men. But once a baby is 3 months old, they start to cuten up. Then they don’t look like old men anymore. They are just adorable then. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, samurai_sarah said:

I remember in 3rd grade I told my teacher I thought her newborn baby looked like a potato. I'm glad she laughed instead of being offended. But I'll be honest, that opinion has not changed since!

• Haha 17

12 hours ago, samurai_sarah said:

Potatoes or little old people or little spider monkeys with wrinkles. Adorable potatoes old people and spider monkeys none the less 

10 hours ago, meep said:

I remember in 3rd grade I told my teacher I thought her newborn baby looked like a potato. I'm glad she laughed instead of being offended. But I'll be honest, that opinion has not changed since!

Jinx lol 

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think newborns all look like grumpy old men. But once a baby is 3 months old, they start to cuten up. Then they don’t look like old men anymore. They are just adorable then. 

Jinx this is what happens when I don’t read ahead before posting. 

• Upvote 4

What age do you all consider peak cuteness? So far I think 19 months is the cutest yet with my daughter but that's her current age, so...

• Love 6

On 8/29/2022 at 8:02 AM, CanadianMamam said:

Yep. 

My aunt used to say all white babies look like Winston Churchill lol. 

It's perfectly fine to say that about babies of your own race.

But it's wrong for a white person to say, "All Black babies look like X" or "All Asian babies look this way. . " That's just plain racist. 

I'd never go up to Tiff and say, "Your baby will probably have generic Asian looks." It would sound so ignorant. There is no generic Asian look. It's the kind of thing I'd expect to hear from Laura Loomer.

Edited by Jackie3

47 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

It's perfectly fine to say that about babies of your own race.

But it's wrong for a white person to say, "All Black babies look like X" or "All Asian babies look this way. . " That's just plain racist. 

I'd never go up to Tiff and say, "Your baby will probably have generic Asian looks." It would sound so ignorant. There is no generic Asian look. It's the kind of thing I'd expect to hear from Laura Loomer.

I get what your saying, but lately it does seem like there are people saying that a white person cant say this, but if as asian or black person says that all white babies look alike, that's not racist. So does it go both ways. You can only say it about your race or white people can only talk about their race and everyone else can talk about whatever.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

What age do you all consider peak cuteness? So far I think 19 months is the cutest yet with my daughter but that's her current age, so...

I love when they start babbling and imitating whoever talks to them.

One of my nieces would use a different babbling tone dependent on which language you spoke to her in. A higher tone for the language her mum spoke to her in, and a lower tone for the one her dad spoke to her in. Super cute.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 12

Two pages of argument because Roseanne Rosannadanna misread a word and highly, perhaps purposefully, misread context. As the nevermind will never arrive, I will mention that my two oldest offspring are half black. Both of them have two kids who are one quarter black. One of them is blond, and pale, and has just a suggestion of his black grandparent around the mouth. One of the more tan ones has straighter hair than just about anybody on our side of the family. Etcetera. 

I thought my half Italian genes would come through more strongly in my other four kids, but only one of them looks like he could slide into a restaurant on Mulberry St like he owned the place. Which, is probably a thing he'd do. 🙂

• Upvote 3
  • Love 3

9 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I think it’s different for every baby. My sons may have hit peak cuteness between 6 months and a year. My older son had chubby cheeks for days. God I loved those cheeks! When he started to lose them in preschool, I was so sad. 

• Love 3

I grew up learning/being told that brown eyes are dominant, so I always thought our kids would have my brown eyes instead of my husband’s blue/green ones (plus my complexion is a dark olive and no one in my family has blue eyes). Our baby is 10 weeks old and was born with blue eyes, and skin and hair that are lighter than mine. Her eyes have continued to lighten and become more blue since birth. We know there’s still time for them turn brown, but we’re super curious to see if they stay blue!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

On 8/31/2022 at 10:22 AM, Keys said:

I grew up learning/being told that brown eyes are dominant, so I always thought our kids would have my brown eyes instead of my husband’s blue/green ones (plus my complexion is a dark olive and no one in my family has blue eyes). Our baby is 10 weeks old and was born with blue eyes, and skin and hair that are lighter than mine. Her eyes have continued to lighten and become more blue since birth. We know there’s still time for them turn brown, but we’re super curious to see if they stay blue!

My dad has brown eyes and my mom has green eyes. I have blue eyes! My grandma (dad's mom) has blue eyes so that's where we assume it comes from. Genetics are interesting and weird. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

My husband and his two siblings all have very different colored eyes. One is brown, one is blue, and one is green with a brown ring in the center. 

• Upvote 3

On 8/31/2022 at 12:22 PM, Keys said:

My husband has brown eyes, I have brown golden-ish eyes. My parents have brown eyes, my in-laws have brown eyes. My baby has blue eyes still so it seems they'll stick! Honestly my baby looks like someone else's, if she didn't have the same brown big ass mole I have in my leg and my nose I would say she isn't mine, lol. Guess she took after my grandma (blue eyes and very pale). Genetics are funny!

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

My mom has very light blue eyes, she married my dad with black hair and green eyes and still I have the same lightblue. eyes.And my sister, who has my dads green eyes herself, married a man with dark hair and dark eyes and still she passed on the lightblue eyes to my niece.

Brown eyes might be dominant but this does not mean that blue eyes cannot be passed on by people with brown eyes.

• Upvote 6

I just saw a picture of Jessica Alba’s daughter and was reminded of how unpredictable genetics can be. My red headed cousin has 4 non red headed kids. But dark haired Jessica alba along with her dark haired husband have a red head. You just never know. 

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic