IGNORED

Lina's barf worthy 1 month anniversary post

skankbiscuit

I dunno, some of the posts about busyness and life-tasks are a bit over the top to me. Seem to imply that the best way to be is constantly busy from sunup to sundown? I mean, Lina is pretty useless/sucktastic, but it makes me uncomfortable.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dunno, some of the posts about busyness and life-tasks are a bit over the top to me. Seem to imply that the best way to be is constantly busy from sunup to sundown? I mean, Lina is pretty useless/sucktastic, but it makes me uncomfortable.

It's just that she is bragging about how busy she is and she looks down her nose at everyone. She is not a speshul snowflake, there are people out there that do everything she does without blinking plus a million other things. Some people don't have the opportunity to slow down, and some don't want to. I think the point of the busyness posts (if you will allow me) was to show that you don't have to be a doormat fake Jew/SAHW to be a hard worker and to serve your family. People are busy and living their lives everywhere. Lina is not special in that regard.

Oh, no doubt. Lina is kind of a pompous jerkbag. I just felt that the busyness posts started to get a bit circlejerky.

I see your point. I was a little high and mighty in my busyness post - sometimes it's fun to write out everything you do in a day and say "Woo look at me". :lol:

Mary Cheeney Dodd He really- really loves you!!!! He used to throw our cats off of the deck. The deck is 12 feet in the air.

10 hours ago

so is she posting every week for every week-aversary? that's boring... she's going to lose followers. I always see blog as also a mode of sharing what you learn and do. If she's reading so much, she should be posting about her daily learnings!

I see your point. I was a little high and mighty in my busyness post - sometimes it's fun to write out everything you do in a day and say "Woo look at me". :lol:

Well yesterday I was in my pj's until around 2 pm and the most strenuous thing I did was make margaritas.

Mary Cheeney Dodd He really- really loves you!!!! He used to throw our cats off of the deck. The deck is 12 feet in the air.

10 hours ago

This was on Lina's personal FB page, when she posted a status asking if anyone had kittens they were selling, because she really wants one. She said, "I had to try hard to convince him, but in the end, he agreed ;)"

10 hours ago

Is there anyway we can get this in context?

Because right now, I'm reading it as, "I know he really loves you, because he used to throw our cats off the 12 foot deck. If he didn't love you, he'd be throwing you off the deck, too." I realize that's not what it means, but I can't read it any other way. :roll:

Edit: NM... Cross posted with GeoBQn. Makes more sense now.

I was innocently perusing Lina's FB and read a post by TT's mom. Apparently, Love used to throw the family's cats off the 12 foot high deck. Animal abuse is a major red flag. Wake up Lina!

:o :shock: :cry: You know what they say about kids who are cruel to animals? They're the people who turn into adult psychopaths. I can only second Chunky Barbie here!

Well yesterday I was in my pj's until around 2 pm and the most strenuous thing I did was make margaritas.

lol

I should add that I've had plenty of vacation days in all those years. Many days spent on beaches and lounging by pools with nothing to do but read books and decide what to wear for dinner. I just meant that I had never been in the position where I was at loose ends for any forseeable future. Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing, but the way I'm wired, I think I would be miserable.

I have never had the experience of my day consisting of sitting around in my pj's, lighting some candles, washing some underwear and running an errand. Thank god. I'd be bored stiff.

I sat in my PJs all day. My father drove my daughter to school while my mother prepared breakfast for me. While I lounged in my recliner surfing the net, my 80-year-old father went grocery shopping and the prepared an awesome beef stew for dinner! I slept for a couple hours this afternoon, followed by mor Internet surfing, tv, and chatting on the phone. My father picked my daughter up from school and afterwards we ate the awesome stew. Then I took a shower and retired to my recliner. I managed to get out of the recliner to tuck my daughter into bed.

I think I forgot to mention that I had shoulder surgery 4 days ago, my arm is in a sling, I'm attached to a machine that circulates icy water through the sling, and I'M BORED OUT OF MY MIND!!!

Is there anyway we can get this in context?

Because right now, I'm reading it as, "I know he really loves you, because he used to throw our cats off the 12 foot deck. If he didn't love you, he'd be throwing you off the deck, too." I realize that's not what it means, but I can't read it any other way. :roll:

Edit: NM... Cross posted with GeoBQn. Makes more sense now.

Paulina Dodd

Anyone in the Austin area have kittens they are selling or giving away? I would love to have one!

Share · October 9 at 4:57pm ·

3 people like this.

Sara Hildebrandt go to an animal shelter to get one. idk about asutin, but the livingston mt. shelter is always overflowing with cats.

October 9 at 8:45pm · 1 person

×ž×¨×™× ×—×™×™×ž×” We have some kittens needing a new home.

October 9 at 9:39pm · 2 people

Ronit Ricoy If the person above is local, sounds like you found your kitten (and hopefully they'll now spay the mama cat!), but almost EVERY shelter is OVERflowing with cats and kittens... if that person's not local, please adopt at a shelter. And by ...

See More

October 10 at 7:28am

Kimberly Sleeth Awww I wish this post had been a couple of weeks ago. We gave away a sweet little 7 week old girl.

October 10 at 7:32am

Theresa Lindamood When I was first married I told my Hubby... I need a kitty to make it a home. He didn't understand until we found Abbie. She was with us 11 years and we still can't believe she's gone. She went through everything with us our first 11 years together. Hope you find a kitty that will bless you in the same ways! :-)

October 10 at 10:28pm · 1 person

Emily Dodd And AJ is ok with this? Wow, he must really really love you, he he.

21 hours ago

Laura Lee ‎?No perrito?

21 hours ago · 1 person

Paulina Dodd ‎@Emily - I had to try hard to convince him, but in the end, he agreed ;)

12 hours ago

10 hours ago

Theresa Johnson Lindamood My Husband didn't care for cats. Now it's funny because we have several and they all LOVE him to death. One even waits at the door for him to come home! LOL He does like them now.

53 minutes ago

I sat in my PJs all day. My father drove my daughter to school while my mother prepared breakfast for me. While I lounged in my recliner surfing the net, my 80-year-old father went grocery shopping and the prepared an awesome beef stew for dinner! I slept for a couple hours this afternoon, followed by mor Internet surfing, tv, and chatting on the phone. My father picked my daughter up from school and afterwards we ate the awesome stew. Then I took a shower and retired to my recliner. I managed to get out of the recliner to tuck my daughter into bed.

I think I forgot to mention that I had shoulder surgery 4 days ago, my arm is in a sling, I'm attached to a machine that circulates icy water through the sling, and I'M BORED OUT OF MY MIND!!!

I'm sorry you had to have shoulder surgery!

I think the motorized ice machines are the best thing since sliced bread. We actually purchased one (we first rented one after my husband's knee replacement) and the whole family uses it for all kinds of injuries, big and small. Ice really is a miracle when it comes to healing.

I think, and I could be wrong but it's how I've always interpreted it, it's NOT that everyone is saying how they're soooo much busier or going from sunup to sundown. It's mostly people saying all they do in a day and it's not the end of the world because it's just life. I know for me, the description of my day was nothing more than some of the things I did. I'm not saying I was busy from sunup to sundown and the day wouldn't be worthwhile otherwise. In fact, in my post on the subject, the things I listed probably took no more than a couple of hours, other than the running around with my niece, which was still only 1.5 hours and I got some shopping done in that time.

I, personally, love my days when I can lie around, reading, watching movies, hanging out, not changing out of my pajamas and I take advantage of them every chance I get.

I think Lina just doesn't have a clue and, much like Anna T., has no motivation and just wants someone to coddle her and take care of her. I'm not so sure she was joking when she referred to her 'delicate constitution'. She wants to be a fair maiden who faints at the drop of a hat. So, when she does anything, like run one errand for her new husband, it's a big deal. But, for most people, most of that kind of stuff is just daily life and not even worth mentioning. So, we 'add up' all we did in a day and list it off, and it can seem like a lot the way we tick it off, but in reality much of it can be five minutes here or ten minutes there and in most normal discussions or situations not even worth mentioning as far as 'what I did today'. In any other case, I'd say that today, I went to work then took my niece to dance class and ran to the store while she was dancing.

It's not what you do or don't do on the average day. It's how you look at it and for people who blog and have no other goal in life, how you detail it in your stories about how you occupy your time.

And, admittedly, people like Lina and Anna T. drive me crazy with their obsession with doing as little as possible and thinking that is what life is made of.

Edited because what I initially said didn't really make sense when I re-read it.

10 hours ago

:shock:

What the fucking fuck?

Now I'm more worried for their potential kitty than I am for Lina... :(

Honestly, so am I. Lina doesn't deserved to be hurt, but a kitten/cat is more vulnerable and didn't choose to cleave to TT.

I'm sorry you had to have shoulder surgery!

I think the motorized ice machines are the best thing since sliced bread. We actually purchased one (we first rented one after my husband's knee replacement) and the whole family uses it for all kinds of injuries, big and small. Ice really is a miracle when it comes to healing.

Thanks!

Honestly, so am I. Lina doesn't deserved to be hurt, but a kitten/cat is more vulnerable and didn't choose to cleave to TT.

Isn't harming animals as a child like a MAJOR RED FLAG that the person will eventually turns violent against other people? I'm far more worried about Lina at this point. Holy crap. The guy is an absolute asshole.

Isn't harming animals as a child like a MAJOR RED FLAG that the person will eventually turns violent against other people? I'm far more worried about Lina at this point. Holy crap. The guy is an absolute asshole.

I think it's part of a triad of red flags for sociopaths: bedwetting, firesetting, and torturing animals.

:D That sounds fun. I'm on fall break right now, so I spend lots of time in my pjs, but I'm also typing up fieldnotes for a class project and doing readings for my seminar classes. Though, I'm supposed to be "taking it easy" right now since I'm trying to get over a sinus infection and viral bronchitis, and I've been using that as an excuse to catch up on my TV watching/hot chocolate drinking.

Oh, and I took the GRE today. Ok, mostly I just wanted to brag about that, since I'm proud that I got it done and my instant score range (hooray for computerized testing!) was pretty damn good.

I may not work full-time (only during the summers; I work 6-12 hrs/wk during the school year), but at least I'm doing something, right?

And bragging about washing someone else's underoos? Once in a while, when I was younger, I traded car rides for laundry with my older brother and had to wash his underoos. Not something I'd brag about. Or get all excited about, either.

Archived