IGNORED

Lina's barf worthy 1 month anniversary post

skankbiscuit

I think that Shabbat Shabbaton refers to Yom Kippur (or so Rabbeinu Google tells me), which would also make sense if Shabbat Shabbaton is rendered as 'High Sabbath' ('the Sabbath of Sabbaths'). In any case, it does not apply to Shemini Atzeret or Simchat Torah. I also don't think it applies to 'Shabbat haGadol', one of the Shabbatot preceding Passover.

In any case, no-one in the Jewish community ever uses the term 'High Sabbath' - as far as I know, at least!

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if they danced around their apartment with a toy Torah while taking shots of tequila.

GgzV6.png

Maybe they even paraded it outside the apartment for a bit!

OMYah!! That sounds so fun!!! Can I be a jew???? L'chaim! (or, Mozel tav! , or whatever you say when you drink tequila!!!!111!!)

I think that Shabbat Shabbaton refers to Yom Kippur (or so Rabbeinu Google tells me), which would also make sense if Shabbat Shabbaton is rendered as 'High Sabbath' ('the Sabbath of Sabbaths'). In any case, it does not apply to Shemini Atzeret or Simchat Torah. I also don't think it applies to 'Shabbat haGadol', one of the Shabbatot preceding Passover.

In any case, no-one in the Jewish community ever uses the term 'High Sabbath' - as far as I know, at least!

Well Lina and TT are more Jewish than the Jews, so I'm sure we're all just saying it wrong!

My personal favorite yiddish curses:

May all your teeth fall out but one, and may that one get a toothache!

And

Go shit in the ocean.

I am totally cursing my enemy with the tooth one. I am not above a good curse. :clap:

Archived