IGNORED

Lina's barf worthy 1 month anniversary post

skankbiscuit

Torturing animals is a major red flag, I wrote that in my first post. Most, if not all violent offenders exhibited it during childhood and /or young adulthood. I am not at all dismissing the potential harm to Lina, but the animal will be abused first. With the knowledge of his past behavior Lina needs to get the Hell away from TT.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe this is is hitting home for me because I dated a guy in college who eventually told me a horrifying story of how he killed a cat when he was a child. Details and all, all told in a very cold voice. The guy had since turned uber religious but still did not express much remorse for the cat incident. I RAN in the other direction. I knew I could never be with a person who did such an awful thing to an innocent creature.

I just cannot imagine all the things that are going to come up now that Lina is MARRIED to this guy. It's making my skin crawl. I wish she'd taken more time to get to know him, or even better - I wish she'd trusted her first instinct that he was a creepster and never gone back. Ugh. I don't like Lina at all but I wouldn't wish TT on anyone.

I do NOT think that life has to be busy-busy or you are a shitty person.

My problem with Lina is the implication that she is somehow superior to all others. Look how busy she is! She showered and made a smoothie and lit a fucking candle! If you are going to make productivity an idol, well, wear it.

I also think Lina is just a lazy-ass person, but that's another post.

Oh she's definitely reading here. She just posted this on Facebook:

AJ N Paulina

Mmm....the smell of fresh Apple Crisp baking in the oven is better than any candle we own! -Paulina

Hi Lina!!!! :greetings-wavingblue:

I think it's part of a triad of red flags for sociopaths: bedwetting, firesetting, and torturing animals.

Definitely. And this sounds more than the typical "fry ants with a magnifying glass as a kid" thing. I think it also depends on the age. I had a brief fire-bug thing when I was eleven or so and I turned out normal; mostly I just set fire to paper napkins in the kitchen sink, though. But if he was a "tween" or whatever, and did that, versus a four year old, well, I'd be worried. Does it say how old he was?

Lina,

Read about our concern regarding Tony's treatment of animals, then do a little googling.

I do NOT think that life has to be busy-busy or you are a shitty person.

My problem with Lina is the implication that she is somehow superior to all others. Look how busy she is! She showered and made a smoothie and lit a fucking candle! If you are going to make productivity an idol, well, wear it.

I also think Lina is just a lazy-ass person, but that's another post.

I don't think that, either. I am thrilled, in many respects, to be considerably less busy than I used to be. I don't feel guilty for long brunches on Sundays and dinner with my girlfriends every week and sleeping in on Saturdays (after years of sporting events or band contests early on Saturday mornings, I'm really enjoying that one).

I'm enjoying it and plan to continue to enjoy it into my old age. :D But I wouldn't even describe myself as particularly busy, and I do a hell of a lot more than Lina, so I think that's where my reaction came from.

Let me get this straight. I've never followed her blog. This guy stalked her on facebook, creeping her out so much that she shut it down? She then changes her mind about him and marries him? :shock: W.T.F. Oh and apparently he used to enjoy throwing cats off of 12 foot tall balconies? And she's only 19? What the hell is wrong with this woman and why has her family not knocked some sense into her? Wow.......

I was thinking that maybe he threw the cat off the deck to see if cats really land on their feet, which is stupid and dangerous, but something kids want to do sometimes like a dumb experiment. But his mom was kind of making it sound like he threw them off because he didn't like them, which is very disturbing!

That is a $64 question. There is no way if some guy stalked me my family would okay with me talking to him, let alone marrying him.

I think it's part of a triad of red flags for sociopaths: bedwetting, firesetting, and torturing animals.

Wait, what? Wouldn't the other two be bad signs even without the bedwetting?

You would think the mother would just post, "Wow, he must really love you--he hates cats." Not, you know, something that makes him look like a psychopath.

Maybe she doesn't like Lina and is trying to one-up her by revealing something she knows Lina isn't aware of.

Or she is one of this dumb ass parents that thinks everything their kid does is adorable.

Edited for a riffle. :oops:

It seems really odd that his mother apparently doesn't give a shit whether her son whips cats off of a tall deck... like, "Oh yeah, the other day my kid just dismembered a stray dog in the yard, he must really love you if he's considering getting one!" Such a light, conversational, everyday tone, like it's one of those things that just occurs on an average basis, like taking out the trash or something. Freaky.

If I had a kid that did that, I'd be damned sure not posting that shit on facebook.

Aw, I missed a Lina thread? Sad.

But you know what, Lina? I missed it because I was out doing things all day. I'm not gonna claim that I'm the busiest person in the world, but I am a busy student taking a full course load and writing my honors thesis with a few time consuming extra curriculars. If I wasn't busy, I would have had time to go on the internet before 10:30 at night. But I did not, because, um, I was doing other things.

Basically, Lina, if you have time to write a super drippy blog post about being in your pajamas all day, you aren't busy. There's nothing wrong with not being busy. But don't try and pretend that you're burdened by what you're doing. 'Cause if you are, you have some serious issues.

Also, why the fuck are you ending your blog entry with the thoughts of a dude who probably thought he was the Messiah? I thought you already had a Messiah.

ETA:

Dear Lina's Commenters,

Lina isn't Jewish. Why on earth do you think she is?

Love,

Pomology

I'm concerned for her, as someone who tortures animals is more likely to become violent to people, and this asshole had already stalked her on FB enough to cause her to delete it for a while. I guess her family realized that if they tried to intervene, she would completely cut them out of her life completely, so they might just wait for when she wakes up and needs their help to escape.

Austin: Were you at the lecture I gave to students last week? You are correct.

The other worrisome thing to me is the lackadaisical way TT's mama posted about it. Like - "isn't it so cute my son tortured kittens? hahaha!"

ETA: So sorry I was so behind!! See what happens when you leave your intewebz page open to go cook dinner and then return an hour later? Gah I hate having to bathe, dress, cook, work AND light candles all on the SAME.DAMN.DAY. Alejandro, bring me a cocktail!

ETA(again): OMG I love the comments. "We don't claim to be jewish." Oh, SNAP!

Seems like the cat post is gone. Can't upset the hubby can we?

Lina, be careful. Truly, be careful. Guys like this can turn on a dime.

Austin: Were you at the lecture I gave to students last week? You are correct.

No, I've just read a lot by people like John Douglas and Robert Ressler and my guilty pleasure (awkward choice of words) is true crime. lol But I'm sure I would be very interested in your lecture!

Seems like the cat post is gone. Can't upset the hubby can we?

Lina, be careful. Truly, be careful. Guys like this can turn on a dime.

Well, THAT didn't take long did it?

Archived