IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 44: Michelle wearing a stupid skirt over leggins which is not news at all

HerNameIsBuffy

18 hours ago, marmalade said:

What happens when he needs to poop? 😀

Depends...

(You may take that either way you'd like...)

Edited by Audrey2
  • Haha 28

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

Depends...

(You may take that either way you'd like...)

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

• Haha 6

20 hours ago, marmalade said:

What happens when he needs to poop? 😀

Well he would have to go inside for that one, but peeing is quick and easy for a bloke 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, SassyPants said:

And someone has to do his laundry.

And one of his sisters has to do his laundry.

13 hours ago, SassyPants said:

And someone has to do his laundry.

And one of his sisters has to do his laundry.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

In order to get these images out of my head I’ll need a lobotomy. Thanks Free Jinger. 

Edited by Father Son Holy Goat
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

Good for any of them for getting any space though. If I had that kind of land, and money, and a gazillion kids - I think I’d put up a bunch of little studio/granny/ADU units each with their own little garden or patio area. Let any unmarried young adults live in those. Or use them for guests/ visiting adult kids.  If there lives didn’t revolve  around absolute control it would be a good starter home while still keeping them close

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

33 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

Good for any of them for getting any space though. If I had that kind of land, and money, and a gazillion kids - I think I’d put up a bunch of little studio/granny/ADU units each with their own little garden or patio area. Let any unmarried young adults live in those. Or use them for guests/ visiting adult kids.  If there lives didn’t revolve  around absolute control it would be a good starter home while still keeping them close

But the big If, absolute control, IS what it’s all about!

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

Yeah, the garden thing. It isn’t something Duggars ever really embraced, did they? Not even one of the 19 kids ever had a desire to strike out on their own, develop a large garden, create some kind of business out of it, and/or use it as an amazing ongoing teaching experience for the myriad of kids born into the family and their offspring. Such a huge missed opportunity to educate on so many levels beginning at a very young age. I have a bunch of siblings and every single one of us has a vegetable garden, some are  small but nevertheless productive. When my son was young his little friends would meander through our garden and eat peppers and tomatoes like apples. 

Edited by Cam
  • Love 7

The tree house isn't that old, is it?  I realize that Josie is probably too old to play in it now, but

what about the grandkids?  Why do you suppose they let Jason convert it?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

50 minutes ago, Cam said:

Yeah, the garden thing. It isn’t something Duggars ever really embraced, did they? Not even one of the 19 kids ever had a desire to strike out on their own, develop a large garden, create some kind of business out of it, and/or use it as an amazing ongoing teaching experience for the myriad of kids born into the family and their offspring. Such a huge missed opportunity to educate on so many levels beginning at a very young age. I have a bunch of siblings and every single one of us has a vegetable garden, some are  small but nevertheless productive. When my son was young his little friends would meander through our garden and eat peppers and tomatoes like apples. 

Gardens require ongoing work/maintenance. Is there anyone from JB and M’s loins who could pass for a decent or hard worker? I is am serious here. Jana likes to putter, but work to build a thriving business? I’m not sure. Who knows what any of them actually does-

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Gardens require ongoing work/maintenance. Is there anyone from JB and M’s loins who could pass for a decent or hard worker? I is am serious here. Jana likes to putter, but work to build a thriving business? I’m not sure. Who knows what any of them actually does-

I think they can work but Duggar time is ingrained- they like disappearing on trips so could never hold down employment.

As to what they do- Jeremiah said in his magazine interview he was a flight instructor, I think Joe had his real estate licence, Jason does construction, Justin works in construction for the Spiveys, John David- a pilot (apparently) and house flipping??, Jed- used cars, Josiah- no idea and the others do the donkey work at JB’s rental properties and tow truck business I guess. I don’t see JB getting his hands dirty these days.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

But the big If, absolute control, IS what it’s all about!

I think it's a good part of why JB was willing to piss off a judge.  Someone else was publicly exerting authority over his son.  I also think it's part of the reason why Anna has been on the phone with Josh so often - as a reminder to him that he's her and the M's headship (even if he's locked up and can't get out).  I imagine her asking him all sorts of little questions about what to do.

• Upvote 1

Jana maintains a pretty good vegetable garden and the hen house. But I think the idea of little cottages scattered around would be great. They could be 300 or 400 sq ft studios with a bathroom and kitchenette.  Jana definitely deserves a little cottage of her own. 

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, Cam said:

I’m surprised they didn’t, they could have learned the science behind plants, gotten some little kid energy out, and saved a bunch of money on food by growing their own.

That said, it probably would have fallen to the older girls to keep up with the garden so I’m not disappointed they didn’t. Those girls already didn’t get enough of a childhood, so I’m glad there wasn’t one more thing standing in their way.

Edited by Father Son Holy Goat
  • Upvote 5

22 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I’m surprised they didn’t, they could have learned the science behind plants, gotten some little kid energy out, and saved a bunch on food by growing their own.

That said, it probably would have fallen to the older girls to keep up with the garden so I’m not disappointed they didn’t. Those girls already didn’t get enough of a childhood, so I’m glad there wasn’t one more thing standing in their way.

If I recall they did a couple episodes where they showed the kids gardening. Jana is really into gardening and has just a gorgeous set up. My guess is that they started gardening as a family, she developed a passion for it and it became her thing. She seems to use the siblings for some help on it - but it seems like her personal thing that she controls. And she definitely seems to like to have her space and be in control of projects. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Last summer I could not get enough homegrown tomatoes, zucchini and onions which I roasted and mixed with pasta. I ate it for weeks on end, not to mention all the other meals made with our garden produce. TTC doesn’t seem to include fresh vegetables. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 5

On 4/24/2022 at 10:12 AM, Cam said:

Last summer I could not get enough homegrown tomatoes, zucchini and onions which I roasted and mixed with pasta. I ate it for weeks on end, not to mention all the other meals made with our garden produce. TTC doesn’t seem to include fresh vegetables. 

We should have connected - I had WAY too many tomatoes. Apparently there IS such a thing. I would go out every other day and fill up a 8c measuring cup - this went on for a few weeks and I finally - in late LATE season said "Screw it - I'm DONE with you tomatoes." 

I still have bags of them frozen ... Note to self: this year, don't let the kid talk you into five tomato plants

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7

We always get way too many cucumbers. Husband is the only one who really eats them, so every year I tell him to buy 1 plant. It will be more than enough. Hell, buy 2 if you're really that nervous there wont be enough. We do not, under any circumstances, need 5 cucumber plants. But, every year we plant at least 5 plants, and every year we are drowning in cucumbers. One year, one of the vines latched on to a cable wire running up the side of the house, and son was picking cucumbers through his bedroom window. 😄

Green beans are always a bust for us. No matter how many green bean plants I get we never manage to get enough out of them. I'll find a handful of beans on one plant and get all excited thinking if I get the same amount out of every plant - yay! It's green beans for dinner! Nope. There will be none on any other plant. Rinse repeat all growing season. I swear they communicate. Hey - let's gaslight ABH. Today I'll put out some produce and the rest of you sit back. Next week is Frank's turn. 🙄

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 23

1 hour ago, Meggo said:

We should have connected - I had WAY too many tomatoes. Apparently there IS such a thing. I would go out every other day and fill up a 8c measuring cup - this went on for a few weeks and I finally - in late LATE season said "Screw it - I'm DONE with you tomatoes." 

I still have bags of them frozen ... Note to self: this year, don't let the kid talk you into five tomato plants

My parents have a veggie garden and it happens every summer. Too much tomatoes! My mom cans and cans and cans and of course gives fresh tomatoes to her neighbours but it's the never-ending story haha!

Regarding (old time) Duggars not gardening, I understand that. Gardening needs practice, knowledge and time. Kids can grow a couple plants but no way they can grow a real garden without training. If nobody in their social circle was gardening, they couldn't learn. Of course, adult Jana is a very different story.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, AnywhereButHere said:

We always get way too many cucumbers. Husband is the only one who really eats them, so every year I tell him to buy 1 plant. It will be more than enough. Hell, buy 2 if you're really that nervous there wont be enough. We do not, under any circumstances, need 5 cucumber plants. But, every year we plant at least 5 plants, and every year we are drowning in cucumbers. One year, one of the vines latched on to a cable wire running up the side of the house, and son was picking cucumbers through his bedroom window. 😄

Green beans are always a bust for us. No matter how many green bean plants I get we never manage to get enough out of them. I'll find a handful of beans on one plant and get all excited thinking if I get the same amount out of every plant - yay! It's green beans for dinner! Nope. There will be none on any other plant. Rinse repeat all growing season. I swear they communicate. Hey - let's gaslight ABH. Today I'll put out some produce and the rest of you sit back. Next week is Frank's turn. 🙄

I can't grow peas or beans to save my life. We did pumpkins last year and they nearly took over the ENTIRE backyard. Two years we had a sunflower that grew to at least 10 feet. I swear you could watch that thing grow. It was nearly to my sons bedroom window and we had to remind him it was not a jack in the beanstalk situation and he should not attempt to climb down it. 

I have great hopes for this years garden. If nothing else I'm going to force my kiddo to LABEL what we plant this year - no more mystery carrots.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6

I totally love the visual of cucumbers growing up the side of the house and picking them from a bedroom window! Cucumbers are one of my very favorites. I slice and eat them like potato chips, yet too often ours fizzle by the middle of summer. This year I’m trying a couple varieties we haven’t planted before to see if that helps get a better yield. And stagger the planting times a bit. We do good with green beans. Blue Lake, a stringless bush variety, grow well for us, tho over the years my taste for green beans has waned.

Getting overrun with tomatoes is how my pasta with roasted veggies came about, as a good way to use them up. We still give some away. We only put in two plants, one for sandwiches (yum-oh!) and  a grape tomato variety called Juliet, very tasty, which are the ones I roast. This year I’m also gonna plant a roma because I want to learn to make bruschetta which I think tastes divine.

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 6

I volunteer to take all the extra produce off of your hands. Yes, I will make road trips, lol!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today is Mother's Day so I'm giving out WMOTY awards...Michelle and Anna.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Did any of the 19 post about Mother of the Year or was the silence deafening?

• Upvote 1

It looks like the Duggars have entered another Blue Streak when it comes to Grandbabies. I wonder how long this will last, or if there will be some random Pink Stripes breaking it up.

FYI, I've been nerding out on yarn crafts the past couple of days, and am imagining the jender trends of Grandduggars as a striped scarf.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic