IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 44: Michelle wearing a stupid skirt over leggins which is not news at all

HerNameIsBuffy

16 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

It looks like the Duggars have entered another Blue Streak when it comes to Grandbabies. I wonder how long this will last, or if there will be some random Pink Stripes breaking it up.

FYI, I've been nerding out on yarn crafts the past couple of days, and am imagining the jender trends of Grandduggars as a striped scarf.

This makes me think of the climate change scarfs people knitted. https://www.eternitynews.com.au/australia/handknitted-scarves-tell-story-of-a-warming-planet/

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, Bethella said:

I did something similar back in 2018. It was a temperature blanket- a row of single crochet every day for a year. The color was determined by the average daily temperature at the nearest national weather station. My scale went from 0 & below (lilac) to 75+ (red) in mostly 10 degree increments. This picture was taken about halfway through. 158F2ED8-A91A-4FFE-ADB8-5A57C35BDE03.thumb.jpeg.6747f9af4cdcaa31e0d31606ae692bbb.jpeg

Great idea - and that's a lovely blanket! 😍

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2

My mom sent me a bunch of yarn she scored, so my weekend yarncraft geekery was all about trying to figure out what to do with it.

Also crocheting for the first time in forever. I think this is the most elaborate crochet lace pattern I’ve ever attempted. I’m pleased with how it looks.

I guess Duggar grand babies are so expected that nobody gets a hot thread for a birth/pregnancy announcement anymore.

F89428D8-BF8D-4078-9628-4565FF0ED0B4.jpeg

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 24

2 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Also crocheting for the first time in forever. I think this is the most elaborate crochet lace pattern I’ve ever attempted. I’m pleased with how it looks.

Ooh, that looks lovely! I'm a knitter, but this design makes me want to learn to crochet more than a blanket border. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

ok she who must not be named realesed the transcript from the sisters case 

Is anyone else reading it and have any thoughts 

I am surprised that FJ was not mentioned as a source of prior chatter about the case before it came out in touch

From my understanding the whole story (including the oprah part) was thrown around for years before in touch got it 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

My mom sent me a bunch of yarn she scored, so my weekend yarncraft geekery was all about trying to figure out what to do with it.

I guess Duggar grand babies are so expected that nobody gets a hot thread for a birth/pregnancy announcement anymore.

F89428D8-BF8D-4078-9628-4565FF0ED0B4.jpeg

That is so lovely!

I’ve been using old discoloured crochet doilies that people have been throwing out as patterns for my pottery. Gives me a kick to know I’m preserving something somebody once put so much love and effort into…

Spoiler

69B71665-5032-4A12-8916-2F826733440E.thumb.jpeg.128c6e8a032ff68a7ed20e53b86c5d82.jpeg

• Upvote 7
  • Love 26

The Elizabeth crochet stitch is my favourite, its so pretty and easy to do but looks rather technical. The arthritis in my hands is making it a bit difficult to do atm, I need to make a tea cosy by August!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

I bought three manuals for crocheting (a hat, a pullover, a bag) online on etsy. But I was a bit tipsy and did not realise that they are in English.  And although I can snark with you in English I do not understand  "crochet" in english. Honestly I have problems with the german manuals too. I love to knit or crochet while watching DVDs or listening to an audiobook, that does not work out with pullovers or cute colourful rainbow bags. I put them aside for autumn. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

26 minutes ago, Scrabblemaster said:

I bought three manuals for crocheting (a hat, a pullover, a bag) online on etsy. But I was a bit tipsy and did not realise that they are in English.  And although I can snark with you in English I do not understand  "crochet" in english. Honestly I have problems with the german manuals too. I love to knit or crochet while watching DVDs or listening to an audiobook, that does not work out with pullovers or cute colourful rainbow bags. I put them aside for autumn. 

Don’t forget also that “ English “ crochet terms are different to “ American “ terms . If it doesn’t state which terminology then SC or single crochet is an American term not used in English patterns.
I’m trying hard now to learn to use charts as it means I can use more patterns in knitting and crochet . 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

On 5/11/2022 at 3:44 PM, AussieKrissy said:

ok she who must not be named realesed the transcript from the sisters case 

Is anyone else reading it and have any thoughts 

I am surprised that FJ was not mentioned as a source of prior chatter about the case before it came out in touch

From my understanding the whole story (including the oprah part) was thrown around for years before in touch got it 

Named on the docs? Does that mean we can name her on here now? Also was she the babysitter/5th victim or is that someone else?

27 minutes ago, Smee said:

Named on the docs? Does that mean we can name her on here now? Also was she the babysitter/5th victim or is that someone else?

I think they mean WOACB released the transcripts.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

According to reddit Jim Bob is with the Bates for Lawson's wedding. Easy to say that Michelle probably Is there too. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Smee said:

1 hour ago, Zebedee said:

I think they mean WOACB released the transcripts.

Nah pickles this time. Lol

• Haha 1
  • Thank You 2

On 5/11/2022 at 4:51 AM, IsmeWeatherwax said:

I need to make a tea cosy by August!

This is a very intriguing sentence, You must tell more.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

I wonder if when alone with his thoughts JB kicks himself in his arse for how his adult family is not exactly performing how he might have envisioned. The dream of the large family compound with many children and counting frolicking, occasionally working on media based, lucrative endeavors and JB controlling all certainly has not come to fruition. Instead, he has his oldest son incarcerated, his oldest daughter bucking the approved female, fundie path (and not counting on or anything else), the golden daughter estranged and moving way, another off in LA-LA land and many more not pumping out child after child. I wonder if he has yet realized that his way is not THE way?

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

@SassyPants while JB probably rues the loss of money and control, I very much doubt he blames himself. It’s the media/liberals/haters who caused all this. Don’t forget he ran for political office in the middle of all this- he sat on a float in a Christmas parade while his son was being exposed as a paedophile.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he still wants to put Jed forward for election and thinks once all this has blown over he’ll be back on the speaking/grifting circuit. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 6

40 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

@SassyPants while JB probably rues the loss of money and control, I very much doubt he blames himself. It’s the media/liberals/haters who caused all this. Don’t forget he ran for political office in the middle of all this- he sat on a float in a Christmas parade while his son was being exposed as a paedophile.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he still wants to put Jed forward for election and thinks once all this has blown over he’ll be back on the speaking/grifting circuit. 

I guess if JB was self aware or a reasonable human being, his family wouldn’t be the car wreck that many of them seemingly are. Not that most are at Josh’s level, but not many are independent or contributing much to the good of society.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I wonder if when alone with his thoughts JB kicks himself in his arse for how his adult family is not exactly performing how he might have envisioned. The dream of the large family compound with many children and counting frolicking, occasionally working on media based, lucrative endeavors and JB controlling all certainly has not come to fruition. Instead, he has his oldest son incarcerated, his oldest daughter bucking the approved female, fundie path (and not counting on or anything else), the golden daughter estranged and moving way, another off in LA-LA land and many more not pumping out child after child. I wonder if he has yet realized that his way is not THE way?

Part of the point of having 19 kids is having a few to spare. He has plenty of adult (and minor) children and an ever-growing number of grandchildren around. I don't think his aim was ever the media; he wants to be the patriarch of Northwest Arkansas.

• Upvote 7

@Satan'sFortress well I had 3 birthdays to buy for, my dear friend yesterday, my niece and sister in August, and I just ran out of the usual ideas. So I decided to make them up an afternoon tea box. My friend I did coffee as shes allergic to tea. I went charity/thrift store hunting over the last month and got; 2 small teapots, 1 small coffee cafetiere, 3 little jugs (for milk) 3 little vases (for some fake flowers) pretty trays, 3 little tablecloths and a cup, saucer and plate from etsy like this https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1116119678/vintage-tea-cup-trio-teacup-saucer-and?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=tea+cup+and+plate&ref=sr_gallery-1-4&organic_search_click=1

I then bought biscuits, cakes, snacky bits and coffee. Wrapped it all up in a big box and my friend yesterday said she really loved it! 

So 1 of the little tea pots came with a tea cosy but 1 doesnt, and I cant give 1 without the other! So this long story is why I need to  make a teacosy by August! 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 13

18 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I bet he is so jealous of Gil. The Bates children all are still fairly fundie, even if they do dress it up in modern clothing. Most of them are popping out baby after baby and Gil got control of the failing cult which gave him access to who knows how much money. Gil is basically living Jim Bob’s dream. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I bet he is so jealous of Gil. The Bates children all are still fairly fundie, even if they do dress it up in modern clothing. Most of them are popping out baby after baby and Gil got control of the failing cult which gave him access to who knows how much money. Gil is basically living Jim Bob’s dream. 

I also think it’s interesting that JB, as far as we know, was never tapped to spearhead or work (as if) within some “religious “ organization. Why is that? I can’t imagine JB being offered the position Josh was, and turning it down. Was Gil paid when he worked with Gothard’s organization? 

Gil is also a preacher. People come to listen to his words. What is JB?  Who is listening to him? 

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 6

23 hours ago, SassyPants said:

That would require self examination, I doubt Jim Bob is capable of it.

• Upvote 10

5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I agree with this but I also bet there are skeletons in the Bates’ closet, too, that just haven’t been made public yet. When that happens I bet JB will swoop in to “help” another patriarch in some condescending way*.

*Maybe not though. I find it curious he didn’t write a statement supporting his golden child. Maybe he’s still nursing his bruised ego over being knocked down a peg by the judge and everyone encouraged him to keep his mouth shut. 

• Upvote 11

50 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

*Maybe not though. I find it curious he didn’t write a statement supporting his golden child. Maybe he’s still nursing his bruised ego over being knocked down a peg by the judge and everyone encouraged him to keep his mouth shut. 

That, or the idiot still has political ambitions and doesn’t want to be cited as the candidate who wrote a letter of support for a CSA felon. Let others do the dirty work.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic