IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 43: One in Jail, Another Made Bail, and a Senate Election Fail

HerNameIsBuffy

1 hour ago, Mama Mia said:

I’d assume they would want them to have a family filled holiday celebration. 

Curious as to who here would want to celebrate with a big Christmas so soon after the trial.  If I'm one of the M's or Anna it's the last thing I'd want, but I tend to go inside myself when upset and I know not everyone is like that.

Too bad Josh can't see how Christmas went on just fine without him.  No doubt he'd be offended by everyone not in mourning for him.

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Curious as to who here would want to celebrate with a big Christmas so soon after the trial.  If I'm one of the M's or Anna it's the last thing I'd want, but I tend to go inside myself when upset and I know not everyone is like that.

Too bad Josh can't see how Christmas went on just fine without him.  No doubt he'd be offended by everyone not in mourning for him.

I don’t think I’d want it, for myself, if I was Anna, or Michelle ( neither of which we’ve seen in pictures so far ) …but I’d definitely want it for my kids. I’m just making assumptions here - but their Dad has been out of the house for 8? months, and even if they’ve visited frequently, at least for the youngest ones, dad not being in their day to day life is probably feeling pretty normal. For the older kids, presents and cousins and just having fun being a kid might feel pretty good right now. I can’t imagine McKenzie and the lost girls don’t have SOME idea of what kind of nastiness led to Josh being gone, even if they've been sheltered from the details.  

And despite any sadness or anger - there is probably some level of just lightness at Josh NOT being there, and the trial being over, and it not having to be the thing hanging over everyone’s head. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 1

Yes I know it’s Christmas and yes it’s good Josh is not there, but after JB’s performance on the witness stand I’m still disappointed that all the kids except Jill and Jinger are willing to play happy families with that toxic heap of shit. 
Their choice of course, but it makes me worry for their children’s future. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 9

19 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Yes I know it’s Christmas and yes it’s good Josh is not there, but after JB’s performance on the witness stand I’m still disappointed that all the kids except Jill and Jinger are willing to play happy families with that toxic heap of shit. 

I actually think JB and Michelle are incredibly talented at brainwashing. It’s going to be hard to undo that. I actually think they are very skilled at brainwashing their kids (and to some extent, sphere of influence). 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

It’s also noticeable that none of the married Duggars posted about the Duggar Christmas on their social media, except Justin who had a picture of him with Claire.
Joy on her instastory just said she’d been away for the weekend and ate too much sugar. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

The Christmas celebration was for the kids. The grown ups are still processing the trial and its outcome, but they are letting the kids know life still moves forward. They don’t think the kids have to be punished with giving up their happy times because of some horrible actions and outcomes they were not responsible for. I agree with this line of thinking.

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 6

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jer is at the annual after Christmas Wissmann gathering that Jana was at last year. If she was a chaperone last year, why is Jer coming without a chaperone this year? In fact, he never seems to bring a chaperone to the Wissmann house. I don’t think Jana was the chaperone. I think there was a break up. 

I think there was too. I think something happened in the summer/fall (other than the charges). 

6 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I grew up in a toxic extended family and have gone LC for myself but I still occasionally show up at big gatherings for the sake of my cousins and my kids. Does anyone other than JB have the space to host that many people? I think some of them just suck it up to be with their siblings and all the kids. Especially the kids that still livr at home. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

12 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Makes me kind of queasy thinking about Joy celebrating Christmas with her dad who couldn’t be bothered to remember she was ***** by her brother. But she was just a daughter and not the first born golden son. 

This is exactly why I don’t celebrate with my family.

11 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I’m thinking of the scene in A Christmas Story where Ralphie is blind from the soap. Is Josh nursing a similar fantasy?

6 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Wanting to not be there is different from not being there. I decided to break with my family years before I actually was able to leave.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 11

7 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Maybe the (J)kids see the gathering as a good way to hang out with each other, exchange gifts, and let their kids do the same.  I wouldn't be surprised if some kept it brief and/or didn't engage much with their parents.  I'm sure it would be a challenge for the kids and their families to discreetly get together without JB&M, especially if some or most still feel loyal to them.

A more cynical thought is that they're concerned about their future inheritances so they're just playing along.

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Maybe the (J)kids see the gathering as a good way to hang out with each other, exchange gifts, and let their kids do the same.  I wouldn't be surprised if some kept it brief and/or didn't engage much with their parents.  I'm sure it would be a challenge for the kids and their families to discreetly get together without JB&M, especially if some or most still feel loyal to them.

A more cynical thought is that they're concerned about their future inheritances so they're just playing along.

Maybe so- although much of their inheritance has probably been pissed away on the lost causes of Josh’s defence and JB’s vanity election project.

Jed, Justin, Jason and Jana are probably going to be team JB & M - they are sticking with brand Duggar or are too dim (I’m looking at you Justin) to understand the full implications of what their parents did. 
John, Joe and Jer- biding their time before they make a decision or just playing nice because they don’t want a row/alienation from their younger siblings.

Joy- not sure, think she is having to do a lot of thinking.

Jessa- will go where the money takes her.

Jill- separate from parents, sees siblings under her terms.

Jinger- whatever Jeremy thinks will make him look good. 

• Upvote 16

16 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I kind of get it though. They hopefully still love their little siblings and their nieces and nephews and don’t want to ruin Christmas for them. So they sucked it up and played nice. Maybe they are still processing and are not ready to be jilled and kept from the nest. Jill loved her family and it must really hurt Jenni especially not to have her mom around. And from what I have seen no matter how distant and aloof Jessa seems Jordyn adores her too and would miss her and her nieces and nephews too. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Jana showed off their homemade nativity scene and Joseph is looking hot in his strappy sandals and skirt! Just imagine if a male Duggar wore that kind of clothing everyday. A skirt and some strappy sandals. His parents would shit their pants. But the guy they worship wore that stuff everyday. Makes sense 🙄

21C6EBEE-DE81-4055-81AA-FDECD64575A4.jpeg

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

On 12/27/2021 at 9:56 PM, JMO said:

Anyone else see that they are working on a Duggar/IBLP documentary for release in late 2022 or 2023?

NGL, I did and I'm perhaps too excited to see the skeletons come to light. There's a part of me that thinks wider awareness can be a form of justice. It's an honor to victims to see and acknowledge the depth of evil and not sweep it under the rug. 

• Upvote 15

8 minutes ago, KeepingChrysanthemum said:

NGL, I did and I'm perhaps too excited to see the skeletons come to light. There's a part of me that thinks wider awareness can be a form of justice. It's an honor to victims to see and acknowledge the depth of evil and not sweep it under the rug. 

When the first specials came out I think it was really, really clear there was something “off” and culty about them. That’s what was played up in their matching borg, creepily quiet, frumper loving life.

But as they became more mainstream - I don’t think people just looking at them would know how weird and disturbing things like the “wisdom” book teachings are. I doubt most of the grown kids have any idea how far off from “normal” that part of their teachings are. It would be easy for them to blend in and think they are just like any other conservative family — until you dig a little deeper. Most of them seem like perfectly nice people. I don’t agree with them politically, but if I didn’t read here, I’d assume that was the extent of their difference, and I’d avoid political topics and talk crafts or kids or cooking. 

So exposing the abusive cult aspects is good, I think, especially for people who might be drawn to their beliefs. It might even be good for the second generation kids themselves. Often the things you think are normal in your family - you only start to  re-look at when some strangeness is pointed out by the outside world. 

• Upvote 16

12 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

When the first specials came out I think it was really, really clear there was something “off” and culty about them. That’s what was played up in their matching borg, creepily quiet, frumper loving life.

Nobody believed me when the first specials came out - I’ve been open about growing up fundie lite and even though I’m in Australia I still knew of this family. When the first specials came out, I tried to tell people IRL that they weren’t the wholesome, happy family being portrayed, but nobody would listen. It has taken a long time for me to be able to say ‘I told you so’.

• Upvote 25
  • Love 3

Jana is back on social media ramping up the ‘wholesome family’ videos and posts. If anyone thinks that just because the Duggar family account is quiet these people are going away, then you underestimate their fanaticism and their need for publicity. She’s starting off with the kids, but the parents will worm their way back.

• Upvote 15
  • Disgust 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jana showed off their homemade nativity scene and Joseph is looking hot in his strappy sandals and skirt! Just imagine if a male Duggar wore that kind of clothing everyday. A skirt and some strappy sandals. His parents would shit their pants. But the guy they worship wore that stuff everyday. Makes sense 🙄

This is totally appropriate clothing, don’t you know? Because of course you have to view this clothing in the cultural and historical context of that time and age.

Just like the rest of the bible.

Oh… wait…

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 28

Mary sure got her figure back fast after delivering baby Jesus! Lookin’ good after giving birth in a manger! Great hair, and shy, demure look on her face. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Jana is back on social media ramping up the ‘wholesome family’ videos and posts. If anyone thinks that just because the Duggar family account is quiet these people are going away, then you underestimate their fanaticism and their need for publicity. She’s starting off with the kids, but the parents will worm their way back.

But thankfully this time, there’s no show. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Cam said:

Mary sure got her figure back fast after delivering baby Jesus! Lookin’ good after giving birth in a manger! Great hair, and shy, demure look on her face. 

Nah, she's not fundy enough.  She looks like she's gazing in the direction of her newborn rather than her headship.  

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But thankfully this time, there’s no show. 

How long till Jim Bob reminds Gil that the Bates wouldn’t have a show or a big house if he hadn’t invited them to be on his show so perhaps it is time for the Bates to return the favor? 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This exactly. Gil won’t do shit for JB. 

If the Duggars fall on hard times maybe they can send him their recipe for their dinner consisting of a scoop of mashed potato on top of a slice of fried bologna and American cheese.

Actually, that is the recipe.  

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 7
  • WTF 1

15 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I kind of get it though. They hopefully still love their little siblings and their nieces and nephews and don’t want to ruin Christmas for them. So they sucked it up and played nice. Maybe they are still processing and are not ready to be jilled and kept from the nest. Jill loved her family and it must really hurt Jenni especially not to have her mom around. And from what I have seen no matter how distant and aloof Jessa seems Jordyn adores her too and would miss her and her nieces and nephews too. 

Yeah I can't blame them for going to the big family Christmas thing. There are so many people it'd be easy to stay politely distant from JB and Michelle if they wanted, and keep things light. 

I mean I get that we all think the Duggar parents suck, and Anna is a doormat for staying, and that so many of them SHOULD be righteously angry, questioning, and otherwise using their brains. But this is their family. It's not that easy. And in the end a supervised fun family Christmas with tons of cousins and young aunts and uncles is something the little kids probably really look forward to. The big house is a good place for that sort of get together, and while Jim Bob and Michelle suck they are still the grandparents. 

No reason for Spurgie and Gideon and all the others not to know Josie, Caleb and their many cousins, just because grandma and grandpa were and are awful parents, and some of those cousins have an awful pedophile for a father (as long as said pedo is safely locked away). Years from now when they are thinking back and processing all the things that happened during this time, it'll be nice for them to have similar age people who went through the same thing to talk with, I think. 

I have an aunt who was 12 when I was born. I really looked forward to seeing her every holiday. She was young enough to be fun, but old enough to look up to, and despite having very different personalities we still have a good relationship now. I personally would suck it up and go to the family functions for the kids' sake, I think. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic