IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 43: One in Jail, Another Made Bail, and a Senate Election Fail

HerNameIsBuffy

This is the one I have. The glare of the flash is making them a bit paler than they really are, but I really love this set. The poor sheep has 2 1/2 broken legs, so it has to lean precariously on the barn, and I think I need a kangaroo. 😂

Edit: I think the poor sheep fell down. I think he’s on his head next to the donkey. Oops! 

2EEC8DBD-9561-4632-B317-E369F904D2C5.jpeg

Edited by AnywhereButHere
  • Upvote 6

16 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

19 Felonies and Counting 

So far Josh is the only one charged with a felony. Jana is charged with a misdemeanor.

• Eyeroll 2

48 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

So far Josh is the only one charged with a felony. Jana is charged with a misdemeanor.

Don't think you quite got the joke.

• I Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

1-2 at a time. Just like the kids.

23 minutes ago, Mrs Ms said:

19 Counts and Kidding? 

You got it!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Michelle Pregnancy Statistics

I hate the Duggars but love data. I think sometimes when you get so immersed in the world of the Duggars it is easy to forget how insane it is to have 19 children. Thus, here are some interesting facts to drive home that point. Shout out to Duggardata on tumblr for inspiring this.

* To start, the average amount of children per family the United States was 1.93 in 2020. Michelle had nearly 10 times that.

* Michelle's child bearing years were from 1988 to 2009. In that time there was only 5 calendar years where she didn't give birth (1989, 1994, 1999, 2003, and 2006)

* Approximately 1 in 8 (12.5%) pregnancies end in miscarriage. Michelle had 19 pregnancies only two of which ended is miscarriage (10.53%)

* In the US in 2019, 3.21% of pregnancies resulted in twins. In 19 pregnancies, Michelle had 2 sets of twins which put her twin rate at 10.53%. In each of her pregnancies, Michelle was equally as likely to have had twins as she was to have had a miscarriage.

* Her longest break between kids was from Josh to Jana/JD at 681 days (22 months, 9 days), but Michelle and Boob weren't quiver-full until about when the twins were conceived and they had a miscarriage in between their first two pregnancies so that pads out the time.

* Thus, if you want to discount Josh to Jana/Jd, the longest break between kids was from Johannah to Jennifer at 661 days (21 months, 22 days)

* Shortest space between kids was from Jordyn to Josie at 358 days (11 months, 22 days) however Josie was a micro preemie and her actual due date was March 18th, 2010. This would have put the Jordyn to Josie spacing at 455 days (15 months).

* The next shortest spacing was from Jinger to Joe(who were both full term to my knowledge) at 396 days (12 months, 30 days). Joe would have been conceived when Jinger was only about 4 months old because apparently nothing gets these people hotter than a sobbing infant.

* Michelle gave birth to Jessa, Jinger, and Joe in a span of 27 months.

* Michelle's on average gave birth every 498 days (16.6 months).

* On average, each child was around 7 months old when the next was conceived.

* She managed to have 5 under 5 with 3 completely unique sets of children (Sets: Jana to Jinger, Josiah to Jason, and Jackson to Josie). The thought of that is giving me hives.

* She managed to have two unique sets of 6 kids who were five or younger. (Jana to Joesph and Josiah to James)

Source:/u Angel-lights /r DuggarSnark on Reddit

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 5
  • Thank You 12

On 12/28/2021 at 11:01 AM, Idlewild said:

Maybe so- although much of their inheritance has probably been pissed away on the lost causes of Josh’s defence and JB’s vanity election project.

Jed, Justin, Jason and Jana are probably going to be team JB & M - they are sticking with brand Duggar or are too dim (I’m looking at you Justin) to understand the full implications of what their parents did. 
John, Joe and Jer- biding their time before they make a decision or just playing nice because they don’t want a row/alienation from their younger siblings.

Joy- not sure, think she is having to do a lot of thinking.

Jessa- will go where the money takes her.

Jill- separate from parents, sees siblings under her terms.

Jinger- whatever Jeremy thinks will make him look good. 

You nailed Jessa 110%.  It is all about the money.

• Upvote 2

I am curious which of the "influencer/shiller" sisters will have the most success: Jessa, Jana, Jinger, or Jill.  Jill has the most "supportive" partner in a way. Jinger the most shamelessly grifting partner. Jessa perhaps the best ability to spin a facade, and Jana the most dedicated leg humpers. 

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I am curious which of the "influencer/shiller" sisters will have the most success: Jessa, Jana, Jinger, or Jill.  Jill has the most "supportive" partner in a way. Jinger the most shamelessly grifting partner. Jessa perhaps the best ability to spin a facade, and Jana the most dedicated leg humpers. 

Im a little surprised she’s taking a media break - Joy has been killing it on the reels. She was also the only one to pull folks in during the trial with a video — one about stress relief (on a day she attended the trial) - and selling some kind of speaker. Good for her.  I think she and Jessa have the best shots for a broad audience —they present differently, but both have cute kids and non-abrasive husbands that they don’t give the adoring wife gaze or icky sweet voice,  and while they are clearly religious, a lot of their content is about more “regular” things.

Jinger and Jana both come across as more passive in their media - like they are in the background - which makes sense as they both seem more reserved - but makes the social media less interesting.

I dont know about Jill. People like her journey and her changes, and she’s comfortable on camera - but her husband is a lose cannon. Which is entertaining, but will probably end up alienating everyone from all over the political map at some point.

• Upvote 5

On 12/30/2021 at 6:45 PM, Mrs. Kravitz said:

My toddler added sasquatch to ours lol

We had John Deere (sp) push along tractors in our under tree nativity for a year or two. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6

On 1/2/2022 at 5:32 PM, Tatar-tot said:

You nailed Jessa 110%.  It is all about the money.

Honestly, though? Good for Jessa. Her parents deprived her of any chance for a real education or life skills. She’s married to an uneducated epitome of useless. And she’s got four kids (and counting). Somebody’s got to pay for them and I think currently, between Jessa and Ben, the money comes from Jessa (and her dad). 

Jessa is one of the oldest ones that makes me the saddest because you can tell she’s smart. She’s clever. She’s savvy, at least for her audience. In another life, I think she’d honestly go far in sales, business, politics, whatever. But alas, she was born with a vagina, so her lot in life is to make the best of it she can. If Jim Bob weren’t a misogynistic twat, he’d see that Jessa had the potential to be the heir apparent he wants his lazy, charmless and/or criminal sons to be.

• Upvote 35

Long term, the lazy gene and JB’s money  supply will weigh them down and stall any real success. Intellect doesn’t not outweigh lazy. I think Jessa is one of the laziest of them all-

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I don’t know whether it’s just that Jessa has had kids more quickly than the other daughters so is all consumed with motherhood, but there’s nothing about Jessa I could tell you other than she married Ben and for a while did her lectures on dressing modestly. Jill had her midwifery ambitions and now is into slightly bohemian (by Duggar standards) stuff, Joy had her photography and now whatever Jeremy tells her looks good, Joy is all about the outdoors life.

Jessa just seems to be concentrating on the Christian mom influencer, which I’m sure will be more lucrative than anything her husband comes up with,  but it does seem she is trying to extend the narrative of the Duggar show in better clothes.

• Upvote 7

On 12/29/2021 at 12:58 PM, livinginthelight said:

And of course Mary is fair-haired. Of COURSE. Because heaven forbid Jesus might actually look ethnic.

What stood out to me is that those two nativity figures are literally white.

• Upvote 8

On 1/3/2022 at 8:12 PM, Hera said:

Honestly, though? Good for Jessa. Her parents deprived her of any chance for a real education or life skills. She’s married to an uneducated epitome of useless. And she’s got four kids (and counting). Somebody’s got to pay for them and I think currently, between Jessa and Ben, the money comes from Jessa (and her dad). 

Jessa is one of the oldest ones that makes me the saddest because you can tell she’s smart. She’s clever. She’s savvy, at least for her audience. In another life, I think she’d honestly go far in sales, business, politics, whatever. But alas, she was born with a vagina, so her lot in life is to make the best of it she can. If Jim Bob weren’t a misogynistic twat, he’d see that Jessa had the potential to be the heir apparent he wants his lazy, charmless and/or criminal sons to be.

I mean, I get what you mean. Being female in this cult does mean your only purpose in life is to have babies. But I don't think it's just about being born with a vagina in this instance.

Sure, males in the family can have maybe more leadership roles and are the headship of their family cell, but none of the Duggar boys were ever encouraged to reach their full potential either. Not saying there's anything inherently bad if you work as a used car salesman, or in realestate, or decide to join the family business. All valid ways to earn a living. But what strikes me is that ALL of the adult Duggar males so far have gone that route. If not, it's in construction with Pa Spivey. Again, nothing wrong with construction work or a trade. BUT I'm just baffled that amongst the lot of the boys (there is 10 of them), none of them had any other ambition. None of them would have liked maybe, to start a business? Marketing? Go into STEMs? Or be an accountant like Derrick did? I dunno. Something else.

I often feel someone like Smuggar (yes he is vile and I think Smuggar would have had problems no matter what had come of his life) - but I also think he would have liked to study politics, or computer engineering or programming.

None of the Duggar boys are truly encouraged to reach their full potential and truly be who they want to be if you ask me.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6

6 hours ago, Vivi_music said:

None of the Duggar boys are truly encouraged to reach their full potential and truly be who they want to be if you ask me.

Sure, the boys have been really robbed of their own potential too. Fundamentalism is stultifying for men AND women. But it is still a patriarchy in which the man is the head of the family, can take leadership roles in his church and community, can pursue a political career, take as much or as little initiative he likes with regards to breadwinning. The men have a degree of agency far beyond what their wives, daughters, sisters and mothers do: women are utterly unable to direct their lives without the approval of a headship. They can't decide that they want to go to college or switch to a new church or move the family to a new area; they can't decide they don't want to have sex tonight or that they are done with being the cycle of pregnancy and infant care. Only men can decide that for them.

So, Christian fundamentalism is better for men than for women. I would say the promise of biddable, uneducated, sweet-keeping women who utterly defer to them is a huge draw, especially for men who feel that they are 'owed' the social success of marriage, sex and family. Patriarchy is one hell of a drug.

• Upvote 17
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Vivi_music said:

I mean, I get what you mean. Being female in this cult does mean your only purpose in life is to have babies. But I don't think it's just about being born with a vagina in this instance.

Sure, males in the family can have maybe more leadership roles and are the headship of their family cell, but none of the Duggar boys were ever encouraged to reach their full potential either. Not saying there's anything inherently bad if you work as a used car salesman, or in realestate, or decide to join the family business. All valid ways to earn a living. But what strikes me is that ALL of the adult Duggar males so far have gone that route. If not, it's in construction with Pa Spivey. Again, nothing wrong with construction work or a trade. BUT I'm just baffled that amongst the lot of the boys (there is 10 of them), none of them had any other ambition. None of them would have liked maybe, to start a business? Marketing? Go into STEMs? Or be an accountant like Derrick did? I dunno. Something else.

I often feel someone like Smuggar (yes he is vile and I think Smuggar would have had problems no matter what had come of his life) - but I also think he would have liked to study politics, or computer engineering or programming.

1 hour ago, AprilQuilt said:

Sure, the boys have been really robbed of their own potential too. Fundamentalism is stultifying for men AND women. But it is still a patriarchy in which the man is the head of the family, can take leadership roles in his church and community, can pursue a political career, take as much or as little initiative he likes with regards to breadwinning. The men have a degree of agency far beyond what their wives, daughters, sisters and mothers do: women are utterly unable to direct their lives without the approval of a headship. They can't decide that they want to go to college or switch to a new church or move the family to a new area; they can't decide they don't want to have sex tonight or that they are done with being the cycle of pregnancy and infant care. Only men can decide that for them.

So, Christian fundamentalism is better for men than for women. I would say the promise of biddable, uneducated, sweet-keeping women who utterly defer to them is a huge draw, especially for men who feel that they are 'owed' the social success of marriage, sex and family. Patriarchy is one hell of a drug.

You both make such valid, excellent points and I agree 100% with what both of you said. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 7

1 hour ago, Cam said:

You both make such valid, excellent points and I agree 100% with what both of you said. 

Agree. Enerallt, Quverful bad for everyone involved. Life is no picnic for the uneducated men who work 2-3 jobs to support growing families but still live in poverty, and neither for their always preggo wives trying to homeschool numerous blessings.

The Maxwells, Rods and Duggars all discourage higher education. It is part of their philosophy to encourage young marriage and discourage questioning minds. Joe Duggar trued to go to college! So maybe there are others with hopes and dreams but their poor education holds them down (like TitRod).

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Cults-r-us said:

Agree. Enerallt, Quverful bad for everyone involved. Life is no picnic for the uneducated men who work 2-3 jobs to support growing families but still live in poverty, and neither for their always preggo wives trying to homeschool numerous blessings.

The Maxwells, Rods and Duggars all discourage higher education. It is part of their philosophy to encourage young marriage and discourage questioning minds. Joe Duggar trued to go to college! So maybe there are others with hopes and dreams but their poor education holds them down (like TitRod).

The Rods were really keen for Tim to go to Moody before the whole process exposed how woefully unprepared he was for college life or for life in general. I think they saw it as a way of stepping up to the next echelon of Fundie influence, to be like the Bateses and other families who do send their kids to college. They wanted that whole cache of Moody and pilot school etc. So I think the issue is not so much college per se but the terrible discovery that even a faith college is not a magic bullet, your child needs to be prepared for it and if they are not it will be embarrassing for you. And also that college involves actual work, which many fundies are allergic to.

They've naturally turned it round and blamed all the failure on Moody plus the general fallen state of the world, hence Tim's current incel-y rage and shame. But I'm withholding judgement on whether they have gone off college forever or if it's still in some way aspirational for them. Similarly I can see a Duggar boy going to a faith-based college, seminary etc and this being regarded as impressive. And of course Abbie Duggar and Michaela Bates have their nursing qualifications which are/were regarded as a useful, wholesome way to keep them busy while they wait/ed for kids.

Edited by AprilQuilt
edit: can't spell Moody
  • Upvote 13

On 1/7/2022 at 4:41 PM, AprilQuilt said:

The Rods were really keen for Tim to go to Moody before the whole process exposed how woefully unprepared he was for college life or for life in general. I think they saw it as a way of stepping up to the next echelon of Fundie influence, to be like the Bateses and other families who do send their kids to college. They wanted that whole cache of Moody and pilot school etc. So I think the issue is not so much college per se but the terrible discovery that even a faith college is not a magic bullet, your child needs to be prepared for it and if they are not it will be embarrassing for you. And also that college involves actual work, which many fundies are allergic to.

They've naturally turned it round and blamed all the failure on Moody plus the general fallen state of the world, hence Tim's current incel-y rage and shame. But I'm withholding judgement on whether they have gone off college forever or if it's still in some way aspirational for them. Similarly I can see a Duggar boy going to a faith-based college, seminary etc and this being regarded as impressive. And of course Abbie Duggar and Michaela Bates have their nursing qualifications which are/were regarded as a useful, wholesome way to keep them busy while they wait/ed for kids.

I never manage to keep up with the Rods – could anyone tell me what happened with Tim at Moody?

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, ophelia said:

I never manage to keep up with the Rods – could anyone tell me what happened with Tim at Moody?

others may have more to add but he went to Moody Aviation for a year, lived in a flat share, had a job or maybe multiple jobs. Jill and Dave weren't supporting him financially at all and he was meant to be saving up for his next round of fees as well. At one point he was using Jill's fb account to buy second-hand course books which is just excruciating that he still didn't/couldn't have his own social media. A fun sidebar is that around this time the Rod Pod visited him and Snuggles the dog made a break for freedom/was forgotten by the side of the road. A woman in Washington State found Snuggles and cared for them until the Rods regrettably returned to claim them with much fanfare.

Then apparently Moody sprung another installment of fees that the Rods weren't expecting? There were a lot of 'nobody told us' noises but I think they'd just either not understood or not paid attention. If they weren't the Rods I'd have had more sympathy for them as the parents of a first-gen college student encountering the process for the first time, but you just know they went into the whole thing on a wing and a prayer (hahaha hope this is Moody Aviation's school motto) and figured that if they got into a bind Jill could bleat about it on social media until someone else stepped in to sort out their mess. This is usually how they conduct themselves.  Unfortunately that didn't work out and Tim either dropped out or was forced to leave.

It seems like Tim was out of his depth in the classes and possibly didn't find his fellow students godly enough? He was also homesick and I suspect run ragged with all his work hours. It must have been a huge shock for him on every level and I can understand if the process was distressing and demoralising for him. They definitely presented it as the usual 'Moody let Tim down/we are too good for them anyway' stuff, when really it spoke to how much they had failed him as parents. He enrolled at a cheaper, less specialist college in Vermont to get more flight training but possibly had a failed courtship there, presumably failed at life/studies in other ways too, came back to live in an RV in the Rods' drive while they continue to maintain that he has 'left home' and 'lives independently'.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 13

What @AprilQuilt said is right, but I remember there was also some problem with the bible class/bible requirement that sprung from the fact that it wasn't KJV only. Plus the whole social problem, Tim probably come out pretty awkward regarding the other students since he never talked about meeting anyone there. He was suddenly back at home for Thanksgiving or Christmas (can't remember now) and the while college adventure was never talked again. 

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 2

The problem with Jessa is that, while she has native intelligence, she has not evolved in any way. She is stuck in place. I think the blanket training has been most effective on her. All of her grown sisters have, to some degree, branched out, and adjusted their lives and personas with the passing of time. Jessa is exactly where she always has been. Not even her hair and wardrobe has changed much over time. That makes her boring as he!!. 

• Upvote 12

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic