IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 43: One in Jail, Another Made Bail, and a Senate Election Fail

HerNameIsBuffy

1 hour ago, EmCatlyn said:

According to Justin of the Podcast, the men sort of are proud of having problems with anger and lust because it means Satan is tempting them, they are important, etc.

That makes sense (in their world.) No wonder Josh feels so special and important (assuming he does.) I was wondering why such an esteemed man as JB would admit to having anger problems.  I think it makes him appear fragile and selfish, but then I was raised without all the patriarchy BS.

• Upvote 10

4 hours ago, BoPeep said:

This infuriates me!  He spent $250k of their own money for an election run…while buying dented cans and only spending $1000/month on food.  (Per that quiverfull article linked a page or so back.)  Back then, with just my husband and I, we budgeted ~$400 a month AND ate out some.  We didn’t have a family of 15!  And we didn’t eat high end, either!!  

So an election campaign was more important than his own kids….

He probably reasoned that the election campaign that would make him a senator was for the glory of God, and that the family was making the sacrifice with him to serve God.  He may have figured that his political victory would be good for the kids not only because he would have a salary but because of all the ways in which his added power and influence would help them.  After all, if he wanted something and felt God’s call, his children were meant to help.

Totally self-centered, but that’s how narcissists think.  And when that didn’t work out, he presented the TV show as a “ministry” — the show was not for JB to make money but for the Duggars to model this very Christian lifestyle to the world.

• Upvote 12

16 hours ago, Bobology said:

Regarding Derick's statement about Jim Bob being defensive and verbally abusive when confronted, or something similar to that: There was an episode of 19 KAC following an ice storm in their area which resulted in a lot of tree damage on their property. I remember they showed JB skulking around in the house and thinking and probably pontificating, and Michelle seemed a bit stifled and nervous (that's my memory, she could have been normal for her.) Michelle spoke to the audience (camera) about how important it was for the children to see that JB was handling this calmly and not freaking out about it with anger (again... my memory, can't remember exact wording) and I've thought since that moment that not only was JB controlling everyone for his personal gain as I already suspected, but he was also an angry person that  could be feared in the home. It was weird. As I recall, the noise level in the usually-noisy TTH was quite low during those scenes and I assumed the kids realized he could blow at any moment. 

I like that Derick came right out and said that stuff about JB.

Isn't that when a member of production went out in that storm to get diapers?  They were all proud of themselves.   

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

Isn't that when a member of production went out in that storm to get diapers?  They were all proud of themselves.   

I'd forgotten that little detail. So much for self-suffiency.

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, marmalade said:

I'd forgotten that little detail. So much for self-suffiency.

I thought they grabbed them for them on the way to the tth trivial because they still did run out. 

• Upvote 8

Is anyone else fascinated by what will happen with Anna’s Instagram bio? It currently says “Happily married and have 6 beautiful children!”  She can’t update the number of children without people noticing and at that point won’t it be weird to leave the “happily married” part untouched?

• Upvote 24
  • Haha 1

On 12/15/2021 at 5:18 PM, Beermeet said:

Omg. It's the worst!  And, I forgot so ty for reminding me.  I tried to change my background because the pic was no longer there. But, I hit my avatar and deleted that.   I hope to find the black chinchilla, BRB! 

Edit:  found him. It's not quite right but will do for now. At least I look like me and we can look at the cute Lil fella :)

I am happy to see you looking healthy and normal again!

On 12/15/2021 at 5:54 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I don't even have an about me tab.  I guess this means I'm accountable to no one.   

No. It means we already know everything about you!

22 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Tumblr_l_662964109030426.jpg.6565972ec52400cb483a62cf1837121c.jpgI have found this bingo card on Tumblr and have to say I love it 🤣

Can you imagine if even just two cards come true?

I really want JRod and Jim Bob to have an affair. So bad.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 10
  • Love 1

I remember them interviewing the 4 oldest in an episode asking what they want in a future spouse. I believe “not quick to anger” being a common personality trait they all wanted in a future spouse. Speculation bus time! I think Gothard focused on that at times because he saw how many men would beat their wives and kids when they were given the power and stress of head of household to a bunch of kids. I think he saw how common it was and that’s why he tried to focus on it. Instead of just saying men don’t need to be the boss. Instead of realizing that this model of man being the boss and everyone else being submissive to him is ripe for abuse. He just focused on not being quick to anger. I’m sure he didn’t provide any sort of tools besides prayer to help with this. Definitely don’t go to a therapist!

• Upvote 17
  • Thank You 2

On 12/15/2021 at 4:24 AM, Bassett Lady said:

The router is obviously to blame.

The router.

THE ROUTER!!!!

I see Jim Bob wandering around, in the middle of the night, eating snacks and muttering, “the router,” like the paperboy from “Better Off Dead” yelling, “Two Dollars!”

BBQ Tuna of course.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

14 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

He probably reasoned that the election campaign that would make him a senator was for the glory of God, and that the family was making the sacrifice with him to serve God.  He may have figured that his political victory would be good for the kids not only because he would have a salary but because of all the ways in which his added power and influence would help them.  After all, if he wanted something and felt God’s call, his children were meant to help.

Totally self-centered, but that’s how narcissists think.  And when that didn’t work out, he presented the TV show as a “ministry” — the show was not for JB to make money but for the Duggars to model this very Christian lifestyle to the world.

That way of thinking seems to be carried on the Duggar genes as Amy recently said about her SM that she is was given a platform so she could be a vessel for God, or some such nonsense.  

3 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I am happy to see you looking healthy and normal again!

No. It means we already know everything about you!

I really want JRod and Jim Bob to have an affair. So bad.

1. Agreed, God Bless @Beermeet 's servant's heart for restoring the little guy
  2. Shhhhhhhhh!!!!
  3. Oh me too,  The only downside being I'd have to quit my job to snark full time and from what I hear that doesn't pay well.
4 hours ago, Freejin said:

Is anyone else fascinated by what will happen with Anna’s Instagram bio? It currently says “Happily married and have 6 beautiful children!”  She can’t update the number of children without people noticing and at that point won’t it be weird to leave the “happily married” part untouched?

If she had a brain in her head she'd take it private.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 15
  • Love 1

The smartest thing for Anna is to not only go private, but also erase that entire quote altogether. She needs to go completely invisible along with her kids. It’s what is best for those kids.

• Upvote 36
  • I Agree 2

JimBob didn’t get a lot of votes. 

A former city council member and a retired U.S. Navy captain are headed toward a runoff for the Republican nomination for an Arkansas state Senate seat, beating out candidates in a special primary that included “19 Kids and Counting” father Jim Bob Duggar.

The poll results from Tuesday’s election show that Colby Fulfer, who is chief of staff for the city of Springdale, won over 46% of the vote. Steve Unger won over 36% of the vote. The two will face off in a Jan. 11 primary runoff.

Duggar drew roughly 15% of the vote.

• Upvote 7

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I love it. If it’s really low, maybe he will never run for anything again. 

Each of those votes cost him $82.53.  He spent more than any candidate in the race.

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 21
  • Love 1

Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Each of those votes cost him $82.53.  He spent more than any candidate in the race.

I guess he’s not as frugal as he thought!

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 17
  • I Agree 1

43 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I guess he’s not as frugal as he thought!

Buy used and... oh. Wait.

I'm sure he'll probably try again at some point. It's just his luck that every time he runs for something "sin in the camp" sinks his chances. But with the common source of the "sin in the camp" currently in long-term government housing, maybe he can at some point get through a campaign without it.

He'd still likely lose. And look for something to blame. But right now I'm sure he's still thinking it was not his fault he lost.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

15 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Buy used and... oh. Wait.

I'm sure he'll probably try again at some point. It's just his luck that every time he runs for something "sin in the camp" sinks his chances. But with the common source of the "sin in the camp" currently in long-term government housing, maybe he can at some point get through a campaign without it.

He'd still likely lose. And look for something to blame. But right now I'm sure he's still thinking it was not his fault he lost.

This is his 3rd time IIRC running for Senate.  Maybe he's going for a record of who can lose the most elections for one seat? 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 11

8 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

This is his 3rd time IIRC running for Senate.  Maybe he's going for a record of who can lose the most elections for one seat? 

I thought one time was for the United States Senate, and the other two were for the Arkansas State Senate.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

4 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I thought one time was for the United States Senate, and the other two were for the Arkansas State Senate.

You're right, 2002 was a US Senate run.  

Fun fact I found on wikipedia:

From 1999 to 2003, Duggar served in the Arkansas House of Representatives for District 6, which included part of northern Washington County.[7][8][9] He first won election in 1998, defeating Kathy McFetridge with 56% of the vote.[10] He was re-elected by a wider margin in 2000.[11] Duggar was vice chair of the House Corrections and Criminal Law Subcommittee 

Where is Alanis Morrissette when you need her?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 21
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Duggar was vice chair of the House Corrections and Criminal Law Subcommittee 

Isn't it ironic, don't you think?  A little too ironic.🤣

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

Isn't it ironic, don't you think?  A little too ironic.🤣

Yeah, I really do think.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

I wonder if he flipped a coin this time to decide if he was going to run. He did that in that stupid book and insisted that’s how he knew God was telling him to run.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

When he first announced, I don’t remember anyone else announcing. Maybe he thought no other republicans would run against him and he could beat a democrat. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 26
  • I Agree 2

27 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

When he first announced, I don’t remember anyone else announcing. Maybe he thought no other republicans would run against him and he could beat a democrat. 

I think so too.  Why he would think that other republicans would not get into the race when his son was about to be tried for CSAM and there was a renewed interest in the whole molestation thing just boggles the mind.

It’s funny that when God speaks to JB, He always tells him what JB wants to hear. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Mela99 said:

I wonder if he cast lots flipped a coin this time to decide if he was going to run. He did that in that stupid book and insisted that’s how he knew God was telling him to run.

FTFY. He did just flip a coin, but fundies love their biblical terminology.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic