IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 43: One in Jail, Another Made Bail, and a Senate Election Fail

HerNameIsBuffy

31 minutes ago, ElizaB said:

That picture above makes me feel that none of the Duggars are really that torn up about Josh's guilty verdict. I imagine this Christmas will be hard for Anna. Not only will she be sad and missing Josh, but it seems to me that the rest of the family is probably going to go on celebrating as if nothing has happened. 

I’m betting the rest of them are glad he’s locked away and someone else’s problem.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 19

43 minutes ago, ElizaB said:

That picture above makes me feel that none of the Duggars are really that torn up about Josh's guilty verdict. I imagine this Christmas will be hard for Anna. Not only will she be sad and missing Josh, but it seems to me that the rest of the family is probably going to go on celebrating as if nothing has happened. 

They are all grown up with separate lives. What Josh did or didn't do prior to the trial probably didn't affect their lives or plans (except kill their cash cow and embarrass them).

• Upvote 5

On 12/15/2021 at 12:18 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

If Jessa is counting on the Duggar brand she better have a plan B.

I agree with all of this except that Josh being gone is a factor in how much help Anna needs with the M's.  I doubt he was ever actually helpful and more like an additional giant child so him being gone means less work.  

I think of of the biggest results of this season of life for them is that JB will never, ever allow an educated guy to court any of the lost girls.  He'll get someone as crippled with lack of education and prospects as his own sons, from a fundy family with a business so he doesn't have to put another SIL on payroll.  

Derek and Jeremy are certainly problematic in many ways, but they were raised outside of the IBLP bubble and saw the seriousness of the abuse and the CSAM charges.  He's not going to let anyone smart enough to flip on the party line like this again.  

I've seen that figure too, but not sourced.  I'm having a hard time wondering why it would be that high as they couldn't get high priced experts on the stand and the investigation of vetting discovery wasn't out of the ordinary.

I think the defense did the best they could with what they had, which was nothing, but I can't see how it would justify a mil.  Although if they overcharged because JB and his predator don't know any better than I am delighted.  

That might have been my post you saw.  Emily Baker "lawtuber" said that in her experience, she would estimate that from the point Josh first encountered law enforcement on these CSAM charges, (so at the raid, a couple of years ago) to now, that JB could have spent up to a mil. But that was her educated guess, she hadn't seen any documentation or anything.

• Upvote 9

On 12/24/2021 at 3:49 PM, Proverbs31 said:

Apologies if this has been flagged elsewhere, but I've not seen it: I googled Stewart Family Christmas Lights because it seemed so weird that Jessa, Joy, John and now Jana are all promoting the hell out of it out the blue like this. I couldn't work out why the three line whip type approach. 

Seems the man who runs it, a local, was charged 12 days ago. Domestic violence. 

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/2459265476385/owner-of-stewart-family-christmas-lights-arrested-on-domestic-battery-charge

Jana and Laura and the various J boys were at Silver Dollar City - which is a big attraction in their area - shows, rides, etc. that the Duggars seem to go to a lot.

— Joy, Jessa, JD were at the local light show place — I don’t know if it’s that surprising they all went there and posted family videos / photos. It looks like it would be a popular activity with little kids, and a good backdrop for cute photos and lots of excitement for the littles. 

And I’d bet they are all wanting to post non-sleazy-brother-trauma related posts right now. Move all that nastiness further down their feed. I would. Not for any bad reason, just because yuck. 

Weird about the Carlin Stewart name coincidence! I wonder if that was actually the Carlin mentioned in the car buying texts on Josh’s phone? Nothing nefarious- just a more local person with that name. 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

On 12/24/2021 at 8:21 PM, Cults-r-us said:

They are all grown up with separate lives. What Josh did or didn't do prior to the trial probably didn't affect their lives or plans (except kill their cash cow and embarrass them).

My siblings and I are all grown with separate lives and if I felt my brother was innocent and wrongly convicted of this I wouldn't be in a very Christmassy frame of mind.  

Has Michelle made an appearance in any of the SM?  

• Upvote 9

12 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

Jana and Laura and the various J boys were at Silver Dollar City - which is a big attraction in their area - shows, rides, etc. that the Duggars seem to go to a lot.

— Joy, Jessa, JD were at the local light show place — I don’t know if it’s that surprising they all went there and posted family videos / photos. It looks like it would be a popular activity with little kids, and a good backdrop for cute photos and lots of excitement for the littles. 

And I’d bet they are all wanting to post non-sleazy-brother-trauma related posts right now. Move all that nastiness further down their feed. I would. Not for any bad reason, just because yuck. 

Weird about the Carlin Stewart name coincidence! I wonder if that was actually the Carlin mentioned in the car buying texts on Josh’s phone? Nothing nefarious- just a more local person with that name. 

Maybe someone else mentioned it and I missed it? I saw that Jana, Laura, and the boys were at Silver Dollar City the same time  the Wissmann Family met up with Jeremiah. It always crosses my mind that if Jana and Stephen were courting that hopefully it ended well as it appears they will cross paths in the future. I had a friend who dated her brother-in-law's brother briefly. She said it was awkward for a while until they both got married to other people. I've never been to Silver Dollar City. It looked beautiful with all the lights in the pictures.

• Upvote 6

Jana posted pics and videos of Christmas. I saw just about everyone except Siren, Jillards, and the Vuolos (and of course I didn’t see Josh or Anna but Mac was there). I think that if there will be more Duggar kids drifting away from JB and Michelle, it won’t be right away. I’m thinking it might take time for some of them.

• Upvote 12

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jana posted pics and videos of Christmas. I saw just about everyone except Siren, Jillards, and the Vuolos (and of course I didn’t see Josh or Anna but Mac was there). I think that if there will be more Duggar kids drifting away from JB and Michelle, it won’t be right away. I’m thinking it might take time for some of them.

They have a much higher tolerance for awkward than my family.  It would be a little soon for the enablers and the social media truth screamers to make nice.  

But then our mom always stressed that our feelings were valid, whatever they were, and you can discuss anything as long as you're not verbally abusive while doing so.  I guess we missed the lessons on repressing all unapproved emotions.  

• Upvote 16

37 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Did you see Jendra ? 

• Upvote 2

I caught glimpse on JB, but I didn't see Michelle at all. Were the M kids there? Lauren and Josiah? First to admit that I need things like that in very slow motion, because it takes me a while to sort them all out. There was an older man off to the left at the end of the video. Didnt recognize him, but it was really fast.

Will admit, I could eat at their house.

Edited by Not that josh's mom
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

Did you see Jendra ? 

Yes. I basically saw a family member from each family except the three families I mentioned (Jill, Si, Jing).

I saw quite a few pics of Mac, and a newborn in Hannie's arms at one point who is likely Madyson (I don't think anyone else has a tiny at the moment).  I didn't see any of the other M's or Anna.

Edited by imokit
  • Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

Kendra holding a baby, talking to Claire, and who else ? Is that Lauren or Michelle?

20211227_225406.jpg

I doubt Lauren would be caught with frizzy hair. 

• Upvote 2

Yes! Had a second look- think its Michelle and not Lauren, ( and its definitely frizzy hair !)

then I found Josiah on the sofa next to Uncle Eric? Lauren must be purposefully keeping out of sight

20211227_230748.jpg

Edited by Sops2
Now going to get a life
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I doubt Lauren would be caught with frizzy hair. 

The shape doesn't look right for Michelle. She's gotten fairly stooped. But I dont see her or Lauren  anywhere. Or Austin.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

31 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

Yes! Had a second look- think its Michelle and not Lauren, ( and its definitely frizzy hair !)

then I found Josiah on the sofa next to Uncle Eric? Lauren must be purposefully keeping out of sight

20211227_230748.jpg

I though fundies were against Santa.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

36 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I though fundies were against Santa.

They were until the libs started saying Happy Holidays so much, now they’re all on board the Santa &  Christmas Tree train. 

Edited by BadMurphy
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 18

Jer is at the annual after Christmas Wissmann gathering that Jana was at last year. If she was a chaperone last year, why is Jer coming without a chaperone this year? In fact, he never seems to bring a chaperone to the Wissmann house. I don’t think Jana was the chaperone. I think there was a break up. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 7

2 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Kendra holding a baby, talking to Claire, and who else ? Is that Lauren or Michelle?

20211227_225406.jpg

That doesn't look Michelle to me. She's more stooped and the clothes look modern for Michelle.

It's not Lauren either, because of the hair.

However that could be just about anyone. The Duggars love to invite people over and have lots of guests. She could be in-law or someone who goes to their church in NW Arkansas. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

There seemed to be a fair amount of random guests in addition to family. I didn’t spot Michelle, which seemed kind of strange. But it didn’t seem like Jana was trying for some all inclusive shot of everyone. So likely there were several there who just weren’t shown. I’m not surprised so many showed up. Christmas is the best holiday for interacting without talking about serious crap, especially if there’s little kids around. And the M’s are there, and I’d assume they would want them to have a family filled holiday celebration. 

• Upvote 2

Makes me kind of queasy thinking about Joy celebrating Christmas with her dad who couldn’t be bothered to remember she was ***** by her brother. But she was just a daughter and not the first born golden son. 

• Upvote 24

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

That doesn't look Michelle to me. She's more stooped and the clothes look modern for Michelle.

It's not Lauren either, because of the hair.

However that could be just about anyone. The Duggars love to invite people over and have lots of guests. She could be in-law or someone who goes to their church in NW Arkansas. 

I don't recognize her yet so maybe I'm way off, but could that be Katey?

I’m so glad Josh wasn’t there and likely won’t be there for more holiday gatherings in the next few years. The kids are safer now. 

• Upvote 5

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic