IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 43: One in Jail, Another Made Bail, and a Senate Election Fail

HerNameIsBuffy

43 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This exactly. Gil won’t do shit for JB. 

Gil may not have a choice if the UP/filming company want to put the Duggars on the show.  I'm not convinced we've seen the last of the Duggars on tv.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Yeah I can't blame them for going to the big family Christmas thing. There are so many people it'd be easy to stay politely distant from JB and Michelle if they wanted, and keep things light. 

I mean I get that we all think the Duggar parents suck, and Anna is a doormat for staying, and that so many of them SHOULD be righteously angry, questioning, and otherwise using their brains. But this is their family. It's not that easy. And in the end a supervised fun family Christmas with tons of cousins and young aunts and uncles is something the little kids probably really look forward to. The big house is a good place for that sort of get together, and while Jim Bob and Michelle suck they are still the grandparents. 

No reason for Spurgie and Gideon and all the others not to know Josie, Caleb and their many cousins, just because grandma and grandpa were and are awful parents, and some of those cousins have an awful pedophile for a father (as long as said pedo is safely locked away). Years from now when they are thinking back and processing all the things that happened during this time, it'll be nice for them to have similar age people who went through the same thing to talk with, I think. 

I have an aunt who was 12 when I was born. I really looked forward to seeing her every holiday. She was young enough to be fun, but old enough to look up to, and despite having very different personalities we still have a good relationship now. I personally would suck it up and go to the family functions for the kids' sake, I think. 

Who is Caleb? 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

8 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

Gil may not have a choice if the UP/filming company want to put the Duggars on the show.  I'm not convinced we've seen the last of the Duggars on tv.

Hahaha! Sorry I had to laugh! UP wouldn’t touch the Duggars with a ten foot pole! 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

19 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Who is Caleb? 

Wait sorry, not Caleb. What's the other kid they have? The nephew?

All I can remember is it's not a J.

Edited by Alisamer
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

4 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Tyler.  Or J'Tyler as he's styled around here.  :)

• Thank You 3

5 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Tyler.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Thanks! Caleb was the miscarriage due to birth control, right? They probably know all about him, too.

But yeah, I meant Tyler. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Alisamer said:

Thanks! Caleb was the miscarriage due to birth control, right? They probably know all about him, too.

But yeah, I meant Tyler. 

Yep.  And Caleb Williams is a family friend who worked at the car lot and just so happens to be a sex offender fighting for custody of the child born from his assault of a minor.  

His mom has been on SM defending Michelle against all the haters and telling everyone what a wonderful mom she is.

Not so fun fact, her other son Josh has been convicted of DV.  

• Angry 1
  • Sad 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 8
  • Thank You 7

33 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Yep.  And Caleb Williams is a family friend who worked at the car lot and just so happens to be a sex offender fighting for custody of the child born from his assault of a minor.  

His mom has been on SM defending Michelle against all the haters and telling everyone what a wonderful mom she is.

Not so fun fact, her other son Josh has been convicted of DV.  

I guess it’s not surprising that she’s defending Michelle. She is a mother of sons who are predators like Josh and probably hates taking any blame for that as a parent. So she’s sticking up for Michelle in a way to also stick up for herself. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 9

I do get that the adult kids may want to see their younger siblings but if grandparents are toxic then the fact that they are grandparents shouldn’t entitle them to see children. I know from experience it’s hard cutting someone out of your life, but sometimes it’s the only way to save your mental well being. However I can totally see JB & M withholding the younger kids from visits unless the older kids act like nothing has happened. Sadly, I also see Jana supporting this behaviour.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Hahaha! Sorry I had to laugh! UP wouldn’t touch the Duggars with a ten foot pole! 

I hope they don't either.  But, this is the network that didn't seem to have a problem with 2 of it's stars being at the January 6 Insurrection and racist shit this family has said and done.

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jana showed off their homemade nativity scene and Joseph is looking hot in his strappy sandals and skirt! Just imagine if a male Duggar wore that kind of clothing everyday. A skirt and some strappy sandals. His parents would shit their pants. But the guy they worship wore that stuff everyday. Makes sense 🙄

21C6EBEE-DE81-4055-81AA-FDECD64575A4.jpeg

And of course Mary is fair-haired. Of COURSE. Because heaven forbid Jesus might actually look ethnic.

(A special peeve of mine, y'all.)

• Upvote 19

4 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

I hope they don't either.  But, this is the network that didn't seem to have a problem with 2 of it's stars being at the January 6 Insurrection and racist shit this family has said and done.

I know the insurrection killed people. I’m in no way for it. However there are a lot of fundie humpers that completely agree with the actions on Jan 6. I think very few fundies agree with what Josh did. And I think some people who used to stick up for JB and Michelle may no longer do that because JB “forgot” his son sexually assaulted his daughters. And because of that, UP wouldn’t even think about giving JB and Michelle a very minor guest spot. Possibly a guest spot from Joy visiting carlin. But in no way the parents. 

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And because of that, UP wouldn’t even think about giving JB and Michelle a very minor guest spot. Possibly a guest spot from Joy visiting carlin. But in no way the parents. 

I hope you’re right. However, 19KAC was cancelled because of their behaviour. Counting On was supposed to be just about Jill and Jessa, then it was extended to the other older kids and Anna, then the younger kids and the parents wormed their way back until it was 19KAC in all but name. The only people excluded were Josh and eventually the Dillards.

If the older kids don’t want or try to put their foot down with JB, he and Michelle will use them. So Joy gets filmed as Carlin’s guest- JB & M will heap emotional blackmail for one of the younger siblings to be included, and then they will appear. It may not work with UP, but you can bet JB will try.

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1

12 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

I hope you’re right. However, 19KAC was cancelled because of their behaviour. Counting On was supposed to be just about Jill and Jessa, then it was extended to the other older kids and Anna, then the younger kids and the parents wormed their way back until it was 19KAC in all but name. The only people excluded were Josh and eventually the Dillards.

If the older kids don’t want or try to put their foot down with JB, he and Michelle will use them. So Joy gets filmed as Carlin’s guest- JB & M will heap emotional blackmail for one of the younger siblings to be included, and then they will appear. It may not work with UP, but you can bet JB will try.

UP has had success with BUB for years without the Duggars. They would be idiots to include them now. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

All I'm saying is I don't think we have seen the last of the Duggars.  If UP won't do anything for them, another network/platform will.   

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

"According to Justin of the Podcast, the men sort of are proud of having problems with anger and lust because it means Satan is tempting them, they are important, etc."

I think it might be the fundie male version of the humble brag. They get to admit they are "sinners" like everyone else, but actually all they are saying is that they face temptation (yes, from Satan), not that they do anything they need to be accountable for. The temptations are manly man ones--anger and lust--and arise when provoked (by women in most cases, I'm sure).

I can get angry (when someone doesn't do what I want) or lustful (when defrauded) is very different from "I allowed my son to molest my daughters for years, lied to cover it up, and lied in court to protect him;" or "I  exploited my children to enrich myself and lied to them about it and why they had to do what they did," or "I am so greedy and lazy that I accumulate wealth by using my wholesome persona to sell inferior houses/cars/whatever to poor dupes and create a Byzantine web of shell companies under my children's names to avoid paying my fair share of taxes."

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I know the insurrection killed people. I’m in no way for it. However there are a lot of fundie humpers that completely agree with the actions on Jan 6. I think very few fundies agree with what Josh did. And I think some people who used to stick up for JB and Michelle may no longer do that because JB “forgot” his son sexually assaulted his daughters. And because of that, UP wouldn’t even think about giving JB and Michelle a very minor guest spot. Possibly a guest spot from Joy visiting carlin. But in no way the parents. 

Even murderers draw the line at the Joshes of this world. We (or I) only hear on SM from the most warped of the warped, but hopefully there are a lot of quiet fundies, at least the ones who didn't grow up on Wisdom booklets or have been been "guided" by Lori Alexander, who are disgusted. At least I hope so. I hate having to wait a whole year to see if the Duggars have the chutzpah to give themselves a float in next year's Christmas parade.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, livinginthelight said:

And of course Mary is fair-haired. Of COURSE. Because heaven forbid Jesus might actually look ethnic.

It’s a pet peeve of mine as well. 

This reminds me: I made an embroidery nativity for my mom a while ago (pandemic hobby!) and the kit included “light peach” thread for the sole purpose of everyone’s skin except for one wise man and one shepherd who were intended to be kinda tan-ish.

I was horrified (my fundy-lite pastor father was always very clear with me that Jesus was Middle Eastern) so I finished everything else in the project first and then used the leftover varieties of browns and tans (of which there was a wide variety) for the rest of their faces and hands. 

Light peach though? Just for their skin? It was astonishing to me.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

My family is way smaller than the Duggar one (duh!) and I went to the Christmas thing hosted by my father when I was barely talking to him. I had a great time with my siblings, my kid had a great time with aunts and uncles and I initiated exactly zero interactions with my father. Responded just enough to not be kicked out before “needing to do something over there” 

It’s years later, he is now married to the cause of the friction and we still aren’t back to fantastic (though I am not sure he notices). I still go to their place, interact as much as curtesy demands and continue to have a great time with my siblings. My kids now have cousins to hang out with. My former stepmother gets invited these days so at least granny is there for the kids too. If we can manage that in a 2 bedroom house with 15 or so people, I think the TTH would be a breeze. 

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, RosyDaisy said:

All I'm saying is I don't think we have seen the last of the Duggars.  If UP won't do anything for them, another network/platform will.   

I think the Duggars are most likely to give themselves a platform. I could see them putting a lot of effort into Jana’s instagram and possibly a YouTube channel. 

48 minutes ago, GiggleOfGirls said:

This reminds me: I made an embroidery nativity for my mom a while ago (pandemic hobby!) and the kit included “light peach” thread for the sole purpose of everyone’s skin except for one wise man and one shepherd who were intended to be kinda tan-ish.

I was horrified (my fundy-lite pastor father was always very clear with me that Jesus was Middle Eastern) so I finished everything else in the project first and then used the leftover varieties of browns and tans (of which there was a wide variety) for the rest of their faces and hands. 

I love my neighborhood. You walk down the street and you’ll see a menorah in a window. Then the next house has black Santa in the front yard. And the next house have a big nativity scene. As a non religious family, I much prefer a mix of religions around my kids. I grew up Christian only. That’s it. And it was very white Christian. I don’t want that for my kids. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Court TV?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 43
  • Love 3

7 hours ago, GiggleOfGirls said:

I did the same for a felt nativity I made for my toddler last Christmas. I DIY'd it, but the blog post instructed me to get peach felt for all the people. I bought medium and dark brown for the skin colors because I thought it was ridiculous. I have a lot of issues with the usual interpretation of the Nativity that I already overlook, but giving the holy family and wise men northern European complexions is where I draw the line, apparently. 

Edited by Mrs. Kravitz
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 4

14 hours ago, livinginthelight said:

I took that to be her veil/headscarf - but your point still stands.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

To me, they look a bit like animé characters. I am surprised that Jana drew them that way. 
i would prefer a nativity scene where the Holy Family and Wise Men look appropriate to their ethnicity but I am in the Fisher Price stage of life so the Wise Men are right but the family, not so much. However, my toddler decided to add a kangaroo to the manger scene so we are not going for authenticity right now 😆

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 27
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Expectopatronus said:

To me, they look a bit like animé characters. I am surprised that Jana drew them that way. 
i would prefer a nativity scene where the Holy Family and Wise Men look appropriate to their ethnicity but I am in the Fisher Price stage of life so the Wise Men are right but the family, not so much. However, my toddler decided to add a kangaroo to the manger scene so we are not going for authenticity right now 😆

My toddler added sasquatch to ours lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 19
  • Love 4

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic