IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 43: One in Jail, Another Made Bail, and a Senate Election Fail

HerNameIsBuffy

From what little we've seen of Josiah, he seems like one of the better Duggar boys.  He's gone private, doesn't have eleventy kids yet and isn't taking his kids to his parents campaigning events.

Marjorie still dodged a huge bullet by splitting from him.  Her life is so different and the opportunities she's had are because she didn't marry him.

Even if her beliefs remain horrid, which they clearly do.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6

3 hours ago, imokit said:

From what little we've seen of Josiah, he seems like one of the better Duggar boys.  He's gone private, doesn't have eleventy kids yet and isn't taking his kids to his parents campaigning events.

Marjorie still dodged a huge bullet by splitting from him.  Her life is so different and the opportunities she's had are because she didn't marry him.

He's the only Duggar kid who contributed to JB's campaign.

I think it's great they went off SM and are trying to live a more private life, that's at least something.  Damn the bar is low with these people.

• Upvote 21

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m only posting this here because she’s a Duggar ex. 

Pro life CON seems appropriate. 

BB8B89F5-B038-4CEC-96D8-1EB62404003A.jpeg

How long do you think it will be before Fox news hires her?

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, imokit said:

Marj is on the fundy Christian DC career trajectory that Josh had, and spectacularly demolished. 

• Upvote 20

6 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Marj is on the fundy Christian DC career trajectory that Josh had, and spectacularly demolished. 

Dodged a Duggar bullet, but shares their view on trying to impose their religion on the rest of us via legislation.  She's no better than they are.

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 5

Unless Marjorie was/is involved in CSA or supportive of someone who has been/is involved in CSA, she is better than Josh, JB, M and Anna Duggar, IMO. Yes, her beliefs are horrid, but she would believe the same thing about my beliefs, and that’s ok. Vote, its all we can do to counteract this BS-

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Unless Marjorie was/is involved in CSA or supportive of someone who has been/is involved in CSA, she is better than Josh, JB, M and Anna Duggar, IMO. Yes, her beliefs are horrid, but she would believe the same thing about my beliefs, and that’s ok. Vote, its all we can do to counteract this BS-

I was referring to the ideology.  A lot of people think it's great she avoided becoming a Duggar. but she's still the same kind of shit.

If I have to clarify I think CSA is worse than giving a pro-life speech then I'm just not up for having to do that level of footnoting on a post.

Somethings should go without saying.

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

How long do you think it will be before Fox news hires her?

Soon-- She is significantly blonder than she used to be!  : )  She turns 24 soon, and is unmarried. For all her hateful beliefs, I am glad that she didn't marry Josiah--she honestly would probably be pregnant with her 3rd little Duggarling by now.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Soon-- She is significantly blonder than she used to be!  : )  She turns 24 soon, and is unmarried. For all her hateful beliefs, I am glad that she didn't marry Josiah--she honestly would probably be pregnant with her 3rd little Duggarling by now.

Her sister married a guy in med school and they still haven’t announced a little blessing. I’m guessing they are using NFP of some sort until he’s out of school. Let’s hope Marj does that too once she’s married. Because I’m betting she will eventually marry.

• Upvote 8

8 hours ago, HereticHick said:

And that demolishment is what gave her an out! 

• Upvote 5

On 1/20/2022 at 2:43 PM, Knight of Ni said:

One of my literature professors in college said translation is just as much of an art as writing the original text. 

It doesn't really have anything to do with one translation of the Bible being better than the other but does indicate that the person doing the translation will definitely put their personal touches in a translated text.

Yes! English is my second language, but I read a lot of English litterature and loathes most translations. So much nuance and flow is lost. There are some notable exceptions were I find the translations better than the originals, but those are few and far between. 

I have several examples of translations that changes the entire feel of the book, and some series were they switch translator in the middle of the series. That can lead to a rather jarring feeling when characters suddenly "feel" completely different.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Thorns said:

Yes! English is my second language, but I read a lot of English litterature and loathes most translations. So much nuance and flow is lost. There are some notable exceptions were I find the translations better than the originals, but those are few and far between. 

I have several examples of translations that changes the entire feel of the book, and some series were they switch translator in the middle of the series. That can lead to a rather jarring feeling when characters suddenly "feel" completely different.

If you get a chance to read the whole thing, do it. So funny I disrupted fellow passengers on a train by LOL

https://www.trustedtranslations.com/blog/mark-twains-back-translation

• Haha 2
  • Thank You 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic