IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 43: One in Jail, Another Made Bail, and a Senate Election Fail

HerNameIsBuffy

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I despise vague booking. Just come right out and say what you want to say! 

is he getting any flack for it in the comments?

Just now, AussieKrissy said:

is he getting any flack for it in the comments?

Has anyone shared his other post about political correctness and being rude?  Seems like another shots fired against the statements of the other victims but written in bible speak.

I don't share their religious beliefs, but Jeremy's was written much better.

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I miss your avatar.

Yeah, I was sitting here wondering wtf was up with @Beermeet cause I know her by her avatar!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Yeah, I was sitting here wondering wtf was up with @Beermeet cause I know her by her avatar!

Omg. It's the worst!  And, I forgot so ty for reminding me.  I tried to change my background because the pic was no longer there. But, I hit my avatar and deleted that.   I hope to find the black chinchilla, BRB! 

Edit:  found him. It's not quite right but will do for now. At least I look like me and we can look at the cute Lil fella :)

Edited by Beermeet
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 7

4 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I miss your avatar.

I totally forgot about the elder Seewalds SM sermons.  Has anyone checked their SM?  And while it's probably a lost cause, in the hypothetical they ever want to break out didn't his parents own a windshield replacement service where he worked before being purchased by the Duggars?

And if so, they only have 4 kids at this point, is that something that can support a small family if they live frugally?  Her SM won't last forever, but if she's making good money with that now it could get them started.  

And in other Ben news, isn't he a youth pastor or do I have that wrong?  If so this cryptic post and lack of statement about how it's every adults responsibility to protect children and speak out when they know something, given his inlaws, I'd never trust he would be a safe person for my kids to be around.  Not suggesting he would harm a child, but I wouldn't trust him to intervene if he knew something was happening.

Do you think he will?  Do lawyers have an ethical obligation (professionally) to tell a client to the best of their knowledge if a case is strong or not?  

Like if they feel the case is likely not to win on appeal do they legally have to tell them that and if the client insists take it anyway and give it a shot?  

The way Ben's parents thrust into the Duggar family, to be JB's servant,  gives me little hope.  Imagine allowing your son to stop his whole life at 18 to move into his crushes house and be at the mercy of her crazy cult dad!   I can't.  I'd advise heavily against it for sure.  Weirdos.

Ben as a youth pastor, oh dear. Good luck, kids. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4

Completely OT but it made me laugh!   Go to my home page and under activity look under " about me"

Lmao!  Why is he there?  When did I do that?  I don't even remember ever hitting that drop down before now.   

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 17

1 minute ago, Beermeet said:

Completely OT but it made me laugh!   Go to my home page and under activity look under " about me"

Lmao!  Why is he there?  When did I do that?  I don't even remember ever hitting that drop down before now.   

LMAO!!  He's like peeping around the corner.  Is he your accountability partner?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I ❤ fundie fights!  This is fantastic.   

Still, shut up, Ben!  Let the grown ups speak their minds, child.  

Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

LMAO!!  He's like peeping around the corner.  Is he your accountability partner?

He really IS always watching!  🤣

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 13

1 minute ago, Beermeet said:

I ❤ fundie fights!  This is fantastic.   

Still, shut up, Ben!  Let the grown ups speak their minds, child.  

He really IS always watching!  🤣

I don't even have an about me tab.  I guess this means I'm accountable to no one.   

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I don't even have an about me tab.  I guess this means I'm accountable to no one.   

If I'm going to be held accountable by him, at least it's the Cesare Borgia version lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Late to the party here, but I have another top contender for next in line to the Duggar empire. Forgett Jessa/Ben and Joe/Kendra. Have y'all forgotten about Jed! and Katey? The only other son (so far) to run for office. He's married to a pretty girl and has a kid on his way. And he seems to be just as smug, self-loving and kool-aid-drinking as his father. I would not be surprised if J&K and their 5+ kids are the one who moves into the TTH in 10 years or so. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

On FJ, I have found my people 😁

Mr Collins is basically a Regency, childless JB.

Not sure I agree.  Mr. Collins is too deferential to Lady Catherine to be a good JB — and JB is too overtly arrogant.

I think Ben Seewald would be a better Mr. Collins.

The closest to Jim Bob in Jane Austen may be General Tilney in Northanger Abbey — a liar, manipulator, all about appearances… really bad parent.

But yeah, it’s great to find fellow Janeites.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Is he talking about his wife here? Because she was rude when trying to defend Jana. What she said may have been out of love for Jana but it was directed at the public. Millions of people. Was she showing love to those millions of people she was addressing? Hell no. Ben is such an idiot. He just always comes off like a little kid trying to be a big boy. Go sit at the kids’ table while the grown ups talk Benny. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 4

7 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

I get the impression that Derrick is the type who likes “causes” and “tell the truth about JB” was his “cause.”  He may turn out a very good lawyer.

I totally agree that Derrick likes a "cause".  I can totally see him working as a prosecutor working child abuse cases.  It aligns with what Jill has experienced and the mental health issues that may have plagued her because of what happened.  Many people get invested in doing work for a cause that is personal to them.  He would be passionate about the subject.  I do feel that he may turn out to be a good lawyer.

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Jeremy does a much better job of writing bible quotes than Ben.  Jeremy's at least made more sense and was written more clearly.  

• Upvote 17

25 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Is he talking about his wife here? Because she was rude when trying to defend Jana. What she said may have been out of love for Jana but it was directed at the public. Millions of people. Was she showing love to those millions of people she was addressing? Hell no. Ben is such an idiot. He just always comes off like a little kid trying to be a big boy. Go sit at the kids’ table while the grown ups talk Benny. 

Good point!  

Ben's mention of enduring suffering for the good of others BS is concerning.  "To glorify God".  Sounds like cult speak/JB talk.  He just may see Anna as the holiest and Josh some kind of person that needs to go through the fire.   

How is this guy father to 4?  I can't picture him leading his pack.  A bunch of 12 year old church kids maybe but an actual father?  Not so much. 

• Upvote 10

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I despise vague booking. Just come right out and say what you want to say! 

Be like Derrick!! 😂😂😂 He is not holding back anymore and I love it!! 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, ElizaB said:

I think Derrick is a good example of the fact that people are complicated. No one is all good or all bad and we never agree with someone 100% of the time. There are things Derrick has said and done that I don't agree with. I think he has said things that are extremely hurtful. However, this doesn't mean that I disagree with him on everything. I think he has been supporting his wife during this trial and ensuring that she gets the help she needs. The good things he has done doesn't cancel out the bad; but on the flip side the bad things don't mean he can't do good either. 

We don't need to try to label him as "good" or "bad" because he is human and we can't. It is dangerous for us to overlook hurtful things he has done because he has done some good things now. However, it would also be unfair to not give him credit for what he is doing now because of his past. Instead, we will just have to take his actions as they come and then snark or praise as we see fit. 

This is why I tend to rank fundies in my head. Because you are right. People are complex and rarely do you find anyone 100% bad. I suppose maybe serial killers can fall in that category. But even some of them have a few decent attributes. To me it’s like saying all sins are equally bad. I don’t believe that and I don’t think all fundies are equally bad either. Some are much much worse than others. So much worse. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 7

Yeah I look at it like would I ever be irl friends with Derick? No probably not. Will he ever be liberal? No probably not. But... has he moved away from the cult? Yes. Is he a decent husband and dad? Yeah probably. And Jill? Honestly, I could see her and me being friends if we were the same age. I was a young mom, I was a doula, I was a sahm. Her and I probably would've clicked if we would've crossed paths. 

• Upvote 18

2 hours ago, Beermeet said:

Good point!  

Ben's mention of enduring suffering for the good of others BS is concerning.  "To glorify God".  Sounds like cult speak/JB talk.  He just may see Anna as the holiest and Josh some kind of person that needs to go through the fire.   

How is this guy father to 4?  I can't picture him leading his pack.  A bunch of 12 year old church kids maybe but an actual father?  Not so much. 

All you need is sperm.😆

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, Beermeet said:

I’m so sick of their Loving God insisting that people suffer! Wtf

I mean, isn’t that line of thinking how people rationalize being in abusive relationships? “Well, my boyfriend/husband loves me so it’s gonna hurt sometimes.” 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Aren’t the conflicting thoughts about Derrick part of the politics of the whole FreeJinger movement? Derrick has a horrible record on many things: is homophobic, believes in conversion therapy, is antiabortion, pushes male leadership, believes divorce is unacceptable, etc.

AND he helped his wife bust free from JB’s control and is doing his best to damage JB’s reputation which are some of the things FreeJinger had hoped to see happen, not knowing exactly how this might occur.

Isn’t that what politics is? The saying is “Politics makes strange bedfellows”: a phrase used to describe odd or unexpected alliances or agreements caused by a shared political interest.

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 23
  • Love 1

Regarding Derick's statement about Jim Bob being defensive and verbally abusive when confronted, or something similar to that: There was an episode of 19 KAC following an ice storm in their area which resulted in a lot of tree damage on their property. I remember they showed JB skulking around in the house and thinking and probably pontificating, and Michelle seemed a bit stifled and nervous (that's my memory, she could have been normal for her.) Michelle spoke to the audience (camera) about how important it was for the children to see that JB was handling this calmly and not freaking out about it with anger (again... my memory, can't remember exact wording) and I've thought since that moment that not only was JB controlling everyone for his personal gain as I already suspected, but he was also an angry person that  could be feared in the home. It was weird. As I recall, the noise level in the usually-noisy TTH was quite low during those scenes and I assumed the kids realized he could blow at any moment. 

I like that Derick came right out and said that stuff about JB.

• Upvote 18

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic