IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 43: One in Jail, Another Made Bail, and a Senate Election Fail

HerNameIsBuffy

13 minutes ago, kmachete14 said:

am I the only one who never thought Austin and Joy were theologically in line with her parents? Austin's parents don't have a bunch of kids. They didn't "grift," they have a business with family camp. Austin actually works with a construction/flipping company. They have spoken on those BS freedom podcasts. I always assumed Austin was more the America/freedom/guns/hunting/bluecollar/originalist kind of conservative Christian, not whatever Jim Bob could be described as. If Joy and Austin "break free" they will be free from IBLP/ATI nonsense perhaps, but they will jump right into white nationalism etc. 

It's been so fascinating to watch the older women in this family develop their 'christian' identities. 

Joy/Austin as garden variety white nationalists/supremacists christians 

Jill/Derrick as mainstream, conservative christians 

Jinger/Jerm as influencer christians 

Jana as the fun, single christian 

And then Jessa (Ben) are holding on to or stuck with the cult christian identity. Jessa seems bitter and disillusioned with this lot in life but also awkwardly embraces it in the best way she can figure out. I have to assume she's either okay with this or maybe in an effort to have her own identity is sticking with it because everything else is taken and she wants to feel special. 

• Upvote 19
  • Bless Your Heart 1

According to his parents. Ben is a pastor, level/type unspecified, at a “precious” church. Is there really any reason to believe that Ben is involved in the big house homeschooling besides the one segment on the show with him teaching math and grocery shopping? I don’t think I ever watched it, but hearing about it always struck me as an invented storyline. One of Jessa’s jurisdictions was teaching when she was unmarried. She seems like she would want to be her kids’ primary teacher.

C7B76A1B-0EEE-4FFA-ACF1-AB6500EF517A.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 14

I'm surprised that John David and Abbie are seeming to back Jim Bob and Michelle. John David appeared to be the most upset when the Ashley Madison scandal broke. As second oldest boy I had expected to see him mentioned as taking over for Jim Bob. I'll never understand the Duggar family!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

33 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

I get the impression that Derrick is the type who likes “causes” and “tell the truth about JB” was his “cause.”  He may turn out a very good lawyer.

Long ago he said something about wanting to work with under served people, I forget the exact wording but I got the impression he wanted to work with people who needed help rather than corporate.

I do think he's being genuine in speaking out both for Jill and not wanting JB to win that election, but there is collateral benefit IMO to him speaking out so strongly against his in-laws right now for his career.  He went on record calling out the family's shadiness and that can only help him outside of the toxic Duggar circles he wouldn't work in anyway.

I bet JB is so pissed Derek didn't drink the kool-aid, besides all this he's missing out on free legal representation for his corruption.  

• Upvote 13

I think jim boob is going to make his screening application for potential suitors even longer after the deviations of his kids and in laws. However, the question is, will the up-and-coming of age kids put up with his bs? Now that they've seen for themselves the splintering of the family and going through what has to be an insanely dysfunctional and difficult time at the house? Like seriously can you imagine the tension there right now? To be a fly on the wall... And lastly, will anyone ever want to marry into that shit-show? They went from being IBLP royalty to pariahs, at least that's what it seems to me. 

• Upvote 4

Very true, Buffy. I guess I'm surprised that the second oldest boy doesn't get more notice. All the things you said are quietly opposite of Derrick and Jeremy speaking out. Such a weird family! I want to quit following them, but then there's something outrageously offensive happening and I'm right back. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

I think jim boob is going to make his screening application for potential suitors even longer after the deviations of his kids and in laws. However, the question is, will the up-and-coming of age kids put up with his bs? Now that they've seen for themselves the splintering of the family and going through what has to be an insanely dysfunctional and difficult time at the house? Like seriously can you imagine the tension there right now? To be a fly on the wall... And lastly, will anyone ever want to marry into that shit-show? They went from being IBLP royalty to pariahs, at least that's what it seems to me. 

How many families are going to want to marry into the Duggar clan at this point?

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

And lastly, will anyone ever want to marry into that shit-show?

As long as there is any Duggar money, yes.  They are rare in their circles due to wealth, many (most?) quiverfull families are in poverty like the Kellers.

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, Bassett Lady said:

Ben, with an Associate’s Degree from an accredited community college, is hopefully capable of teaching basic skills, despite his lack of understanding between slander and libel

Doesn't he have a brother-in-law with a law degree who could clarify that for him? 

17 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

According to his parents. Ben is a pastor, level/type unspecified, at a “precious* church.

*Drink

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 33
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, QuiverFullOfCondoms said:

How many families are going to want to marry into the Duggar clan at this point?

JillRod would be on that like flies on poop, still.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 10

41 minutes ago, kmachete14 said:

am I the only one who never thought Austin and Joy were theologically in line with her parents? Austin's parents don't have a bunch of kids. They didn't "grift," they have a business with family camp. Austin actually works with a construction/flipping company. They have spoken on those BS freedom podcasts. I always assumed Austin was more the America/freedom/guns/hunting/bluecollar/originalist kind of conservative Christian, not whatever Jim Bob could be described as. If Joy and Austin "break free" they will be free from IBLP/ATI nonsense perhaps, but they will jump right into white nationalism etc. 

Doesn't that family camp cater to IBLP and ATI?  Or do I have that wrong?  Even though his dad was divorced before, they were featured on TLCs Strictest Parents so I don't know if his side is any better.  

1 minute ago, fluffernutter said:

Ugh the money. Well, here's hoping they continue to support Josh's legal expenses and appeal appeal appeal (unsuccessfully).

This really goes to show the law needs to catch up with the exploitation of kids on reality shows.  Like the Coogan law protects much of the income of child actors there needs to be a law that if they're going to allow parents to pimp their kids out on TV for money the kids' shares need to go into a trust untouchable by the parents.

Side benefit, I bet we see a lot fewer families willing to sign up for this if it's less profitable.

4 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

JillRod would be on that like flies on poop, still.

I would take a day off work to see that wedding live streamed.  

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Looks like the Seewalds are taking a passive aggressive stand.

The dude needs talk to Jana about what exactly soil is. That is such a dumb comment. Weeds are beneficial plants that pull nutrients up from deep (Dock/Plantain/Dandylions etc), that can be mulched back into the soil and so on and so forth. Generally speaking, weeds are plants that grow in the wrong part of the garden. 

• Upvote 8

23 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Long ago he said something about wanting to work with under served people, I forget the exact wording but I got the impression he wanted to work with people who needed help rather than corporate.

I do think he's being genuine in speaking out both for Jill and not wanting JB to win that election, but there is collateral benefit IMO to him speaking out so strongly against his in-laws right now for his career.  He went on record calling out the family's shadiness and that can only help him outside of the toxic Duggar circles he wouldn't work in anyway.

I bet JB is so pissed Derek didn't drink the kool-aid, besides all this he's missing out on free legal representation for his corruption.  

Derrick I think is the most interesting to me, right now. So far, he and Jill seem to have stepped the farthest away from how Jill was raised. It certainly seems like he's come a long way from his anti-trans diatribes and such.

It's likely he's still anti-trans, anti-LGBTQ in all forms, etc. But he's not said anything like that in quite a while, publically. Maybe he's just got sense enough not to put stuff like that out there anymore, because it'd be bad for his career. But the positive part of me hopes that maybe, just maybe, he's educated himself a bit and at least come out on the side of "love one another". I'm not expecting to see him and Jill being supporters at a Pride rally or something, but if they spoke out against hate and discrimination that would be something. "Love the sinner, hate the sin" is BS, but if, say, Jim Bob or someone spoke out against gay or trans people and they pushed back on that, it would be pretty amazing. 

5 minutes ago, Sabine said:

The dude needs talk to Jana about what exactly soil is. That is such a dumb comment. Weeds are beneficial plants that pull nutrients up from deep (Dock/Plantain/Dandylions etc), that can be mulched back into the soil and so on and so forth. Generally speaking, weeds are plants that grow in the wrong part of the garden. 

I once worked at a botanical garden, and one of the horticulture staff was showing me around. There was one gorgeous pink petunia blooming right in a big bed of purple ones, and she plucked it right out the second she saw it. "Even flowers are weeds, if they're in the wrong place." she said.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, QuiverFullOfCondoms said:

I bet there are still some Hilary Spiveys out there. And remember, the Spiveys still have plenty of younger kids that could eventually court a Duggar. 

• Upvote 12

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet there are still some Hilary Spiveys out there. And remember, the Spiveys still have plenty of younger kids that could eventually court a Duggar. 

They donated $5800 to his campaign.  Down payment on one of the single Duggar kids?  

Do you know the ages of the other Spivey kids?  

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Trying to say this nicely....I don't think they have the business acumen to head the cult.  I think they could make relatively inoffensive puppets, but neither of them could pull the strings.

You need to know enough about finances to be able to know if your handlers are fleecing you.  They wouldn't be the Gene Simmons of the fundy world, they'd be TLC.

Does anyone know approximately what she may be pulling in with her social media influencing stuff?  

I hope when the dust settles at some point the others look at the choices made my siblings and see that being financially independent from the family is the only way they'll have options.  

I have the same question. How much money can a person make on promoting robovacuums? Serious question. 

59 minutes ago, Funwithfundies said:

It keeps popping into my head that Josh is currently cooling his heels in solitary, oblivious to all the new Duggar drama.

Do you think we’ll ever get updates on how that’s going??

• Upvote 4

I wasn't paying attention to much yesterday and just now read that the Boob lost, pretty epically. 

I haven't been this giddy since Josh was convicted. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This is the list on Fundie Wiki:

F7429D5A-9678-46DF-84AD-C22D5444E9CF.jpeg

Thanks.  Anyone want to start a pool about the next Spivey-Duggar merger? Kidding, kind of.

6 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

I wasn't paying attention to much yesterday and just now read that the Boob lost, pretty epically. 

I haven't been this giddy since Josh was convicted. 

Not enough though.  15% is still way too high on the heels of this, IMO.  But definitely glad he lost.  

Fun fact financial reports showing the Unger guy spent about $0.2 per vote received and JB spent about $84 each for his votes.  

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 7
  • Thank You 12

4 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Thanks.  Anyone want to start a pool about the next Spivey-Duggar merger? Kidding, kind of.

Not enough though.  15% is still way too high on the heels of this, IMO.  But definitely glad he lost.  

Fun fact financial reports showing the Unger guy spent about $0.2 per vote received and JB spent about $84 each for his votes.  

I would put my money on Robby since he seems to be so close with the youngest Duggar boys. 

• Upvote 4

46 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

As long as there is any Duggar money, yes.  They are rare in their circles due to wealth, many (most?) quiverfull families are in poverty like the Kellers.

I know they have the cell towers on their property and did the TLC gig, but I still think there are shady money practices that JBD has been involved with for years. He was living in a 3 bedroom with 17 people, and according to some of the children there were food scarcity issues, yet he had 6 digit amounts of money to plunge into campaigns, has supported multiple families for years, has planes, trains (if he could) and enough automobiles and homes for 10 families. I’m  not seeing a legal way for these people to have amassed this amount of money. I’ll be waiting for the financial shoe to fall on JBD’s helmeted head.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic