IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 43: One in Jail, Another Made Bail, and a Senate Election Fail

HerNameIsBuffy

2 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

But instead he never even gave the impression he even thought Josh was innocent, but still somehow threw his girls under the bus, insulted the judge, tried to keep a former friend from testifying and give a ridiculously hurtful and dismissive answer regarding his daughters assault. For what? 

Pride and vanity, deadly sins. He will have lost quite a bit of mana in his community - the state of Arkansas, not his quiverfull troupe. 

• Upvote 12

4 hours ago, cheeseandrice said:

He will blame it on the media, on the evil liberal left, on Jim Holt, on Derrick and on anyone and anything other than himself and of course his precious Josh

The router is obviously to blame.

The router.

THE ROUTER!!!!

I see Jim Bob wandering around, in the middle of the night, eating snacks and muttering, “the router,” like the paperboy from “Better Off Dead” yelling, “Two Dollars!”

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 28
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, shesinsane said:

Clearly Satan interfered with the Arkansas primaries? ;)

Beansie went down to Arkansas. 

Jim Bob was a smug, overly confident idiot for entering the race. He really thought he could spin this all as “fake news” and “cancel culture”. 

• Upvote 25
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Sabine said:

Pride and vanity, deadly sins. He will have lost quite a bit of mana in his community - the state of Arkansas, not his quiverfull troupe. 

I misread this as “his quiverfull toupee” and was very confused for a minute.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 41
  • I Agree 2

What's the betting that JB is currently raging at sin in the camp and blaming his 2 oldest daughters as the route of that sin in the camp and girls 4&5 also undermining him

Jana failed at being a woman by letting a child wander off and not only that but shamed the family as law enforcement had to get involved and the public know.  Having a son who's been led by satan is one thing, but a daughter who failed publicly at basic womening completely undermines him to the public.

Jill used womenly ways to persuade JB to approve of her marriage to hidden snake.  She's going around undermining his message, by restricting fertility, sending her child to public school, using libraries and wearing masks.  Her husband is publicly urging people not to vote for JB and attacking him unfairly.  She's clearly been dropping lies into Derrick's ears because there's no way he would believe bad things about JB without being led astray by Jill.

Jinger is in LA also undermining family unity by openly using the bible to call her oldest brother evil.  This is not appropriate when the family needs to be united under an official message of "one bag egg, love the sinner, hate the sin."

Joy attended the trial, was a huge public visual reminder of the fact that Josh has innocent victims and a family who helped protect him over them.  (People would have been talking about what Josh did to the girls throughout the trial.  But the pictures of him and Anna going in each day, smug/ok, vs the pics of Joy attending and looking wretched were for many a huge visual reminder of the fact that abuse isn't victimless, and her parent's fuck ups in failing to protect her).  Her statement also did not follow the party line.

As far as JB concerned, with the level of misogyny he has. I bet he is blaming Jana and Jill right now.  They not Josh should have known better and been better and kept sweet for the family.  Jinger and Joy contributed to the loss, but its mainly the fault of his 2 oldest daughters.

Anna may also be getting blame. If she managed Josh better, he wouldn't have been able to get the CSAM. But I think he'll keep that private to him and Michelle.  Blaming Anna within the family, could drive her away and into tell all territory.  He won't want her to be the next Derrick, so I have no doubt is treating as shoddily as he can get away with, but being careful not to cross lines with her.

Just to clarify - everything I've written above makes me feel sick and I believe is repulsive.  However it is consistent with what their branch of Christianity teaches.  Even the wisdom booklets, which would say that Josh's decisions to molest little girls was influenced by the behaviour of said little girls.  Its the women's fault.  Its not Josh's fault, its the girls fault for enticing him and Anna for not being godly enough. 

It is also the media's fault, for being sensational and blowing things out of proportion.

None of this is JBs fault.

• Upvote 32
  • Confused 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Someone needs to write new lyrics to "The Devil Went Down to Georgia. "

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 2

I do think JB and a Michelle  are going to be doubling down hard on The younger girls still at home though. In their minds They let the 4 oldest get too worldly, immodest, outspoken ETC and look what’s happened? Disobedience and disloyalty!  “Do you really want to be a outspoken sinner like Jinger, Jenny?” Or  “People who don’t honor their father and mother go to Hell, Jordyn!” and so on. 

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, moriah said:

I admit I haven't followed Derrick's public statements in the interim between Scandal 2.0 and now, so I don't know how much of this is just him being a decent human being who loves his wife and now recognizes the entire family system as abusive.

At the same time, because I'm fairly sure he'd judge me as a filthy heathen, not sure I can really hump over him being a protective husband.  It seems like kinda the bare minimum for what we'd hope a decent spouse would do.  Totally loving what Reddit is called "messy Derrick" because he's speaking truths that need to be said right now, but we'll see if he can learn some tolerance as well as the ability to condemn true, damaging wrongs for what they are.

Yeah. Derrick could have been the type husband to get overly Christian religious and insist Jill find forgiveness in her heart. He could have insisted they try to patch things up with JB et. al. He could have minimized Jill’s entire ordeal and said, “Hey, it’s all in the past. Let’s fuggetaboutit!” 

Instead, he’s taking a stand. He’s validating her. He took a gulp of koolaid, spit it out and said, “Wtf is this shit?”  It makes me wonder what kinds of discussions he may have had with a few law school classmates and perhaps even professors about “hypothetical” situations, like Derrick presenting different scenarios and saying, “Asking for a friend…” to get their take on them.

• Upvote 30
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I find it appalling that he got any non-family votes.  I'd vote for some e. coli festering in a petri dish first.

They do have a few friends I guess?

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Jim Bob was a smug, overly confident idiot for entering the race. He really thought he could spin this all as “fake news” and “cancel culture”. 

Were is @thoughtful with her Beansie went down to Arkansas because he had an election to steal lyric?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Cam said:

Yeah. Derrick could have been the type husband to get overly Christian religious and insist Jill find forgiveness in her heart. He could have insisted they try to patch things up with JB et. al. He could have minimized Jill’s entire ordeal and said, “Hey, it’s all in the past. Let’s fuggetaboutit!” 

Instead, he’s taking a stand. He’s validating her. He took a gulp of koolaid, spit it out and said, “Wtf is this shit?” 

You're right, he could have went that path.  And I'm glad he didn't, for Jill's sake.  Still, supporting your spouse and condemning those who hurt her, to my mind, IS the bare minimum for decency. 

But I haven't seen him call out the hypocrisy in the anti-LGBTQ activism the family participates in (what I meant by learning tolerance for things between consenting adults he might disagree with/feel is "sin" as well as vehement condemnation for things that are truly damaging) -- and so yeah, I can't quite hump him *just* yet.  I'll try to give him time and credit for small steps.

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Cam said:

FleeJanaFree, thanks for posting the screenshots of comments from Jed’s FB page. All great responses; this one stood out to me:

2B40DAEC-2A6E-40CE-980B-03EB733C7B22.jpeg

I would have said Jim Bob is a pedophile protector and purjuror. 

• Upvote 12

21 minutes ago, moriah said:

You're right, he could have went that path.  And I'm glad he didn't, for Jill's sake.  Still, supporting your spouse and condemning those who hurt her, to my mind, IS the bare minimum for decency. 

But I haven't seen him call out the hypocrisy in the anti-LGBTQ activism the family participates in (what I meant by learning tolerance for things between consenting adults he might disagree with/feel is "sin" as well as vehement condemnation for things that are truly damaging) -- and so yeah, I can't quite hump him *just* yet.  I'll try to give him time and credit for small steps.

I agree with crediting him for small steps. He could be doing this one thing right going against his father in law, then turn around and get all weird about other stuff later on. We just don’t know. For now, I think it’s good he is focused on the things surrounding Josh’s trial and how they affect his wife, and speaking out against JB on election day to influence election results. I don’t think this is the time to throw other stuff into the mix, like calling out the fundies for being antiLGTBQ. 

Who knows, maybe someone leaked the Jana charges when they did to throw a wrench in JB’s run for Senate. I’m so glad he lost. Weird that he got as many votes as he did, tho. People’s is strange!

All the money JB spent on the campaign and Josh’s trial only leads me to believe he’s still got a heck of a lot of it.  I think he thought he’d just segue from a tv show to politics kinda like his idol, da Donald. It seemed to me like he thought he could say stupid shit on the stand and get away with it like he was Trump. [“I’m not going to allow it.”] These kinds of men all seem to be taking moves from the same (Republican) playbook to see if and where it works. 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, karenb4729 said:

He will probably blame Jill and Derrick for his loss.

Then he'd have to admit they have power over what happens to him.  I like that.

• Upvote 16
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

I do think JB and a Michelle  are going to be doubling down hard on The younger girls still at home though. In their minds They let the 4 oldest get too worldly, immodest, outspoken ETC and look what’s happened? Disobedience and disloyalty!  “Do you really want to be a outspoken sinner like Jinger, Jenny?” Or  “People who don’t honor their father and mother go to Hell, Jordyn!” and so on. 

Interesting. I was thinking the opposite would happen. They have no steam left for the younger ones and they’ll have more freedom by circumstance. Jana obviously can’t take care of anyone and the rest are just raising themselves. Strict parenting takes effort and Michelle especially has no more steam. 

37 minutes ago, Cam said:

FleeJanaFree, thanks for posting the screenshots of comments from Jed’s FB page. All great responses; this one stood out to me:

The liberal left didn’t do him in! It was a republican primary! The conservative right refused to vote for him!

• Upvote 18
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4

29 minutes ago, Cam said:

The comment that shocked me the most was on the local news election FB page, someone said to vote for Lisa Parks (a Democrat). Derick responded and said (because this is a primary, and voting for Lisa now would have no effect on Jim Bob): "Save your vote for Lisa for the general election in the event she faces Jim Bob."

Can you imagine the reaction a few years ago if someone suggested that in a few years, a Duggar son-in-law would suggest voting for a female Democrat over Jim Bob? 

• Upvote 39
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

12 minutes ago, Cam said:

I don’t think this is the time to throw other stuff into the mix, like calling out the fundies for being antiLGTBQ. 

I agree I can't expect a complete 180 in a heartbeat, nor do I ever expect them to *not* be anti-LGBTQ (at least in what they believe/teach their kids as the "correct" way to live).

I do hope they end up realizing that condemning every possible sexual "sin" the same way, however, is part of how the abuse was able to happen/be covered up and minimized.  Most of the AMAs from people who had been kids in the NWA homeschooling clique when it all went down at first seemed to think he was being punished for kissing a girl his own age, or something else they might have considered doing themselves that they knew was "sin".  And while I realize it's doctrine in even mainline Christianity that all sins are equal before God....

It's less that I hope Derrick/Jill suddenly convert to being Episcopalian and cool with female spiritual leaders and accepting of LGBTQ Christians and all that jazz, but more that they will raise their kids to understand that even if all sins are the same in God's eyes because he's perfect, on earth yes we rightfully say some sins are worse than others.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Random thought--while I have more respect for Derick Dillard these days, I'm not ready to jump to team Dillard just yet.  However, it would give me great pleasure were he to run for office and succeed where Jim Bob has not. Or better yet, if Jill were to enter politics and win an election.

• Upvote 14

People screw up that "all sins are equal" thing. It just meant that God would forgive murder as simply as he would forgive shoplifting, if the person came to Jesus, etc. That's all. It never meant that they are equal on the plane of badness. The human consequences would still be in play at varying levels.

I had two thoughts during the night, let's see if I remember. First is that I think Edge is way old, too old to have been nicknamed after The Edge, even. Maybe people figure one more Greek letter will carry him off. Or maybe he's just astonishingly awful. 

Also, 456 votes is like half the people at some of the Duggar weddings. So I was thinking, well, that ploy didn't pay off, plus also who actually knows one thousand people, and why do they? I don't want to know more than maybe a hundred. But I'm never running for public office.

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 1

I don’t think it’s simply because Derrick  just became this awesome tell it like it is guy who feels a pressing need to speak out.  Jim Bob is not the popular speaker, TV personality and “Christian paragon” any more and is not financially supporting them like he was several years. The Duggar’s are going down fast and Dillard feels safe talking now as He don’t need the Duggar tit anymore. Hell, it makes him look superior to boot! 

• Upvote 6

16 minutes ago, petrushka said:

Random thought--while I have more respect for Derick Dillard these days, I'm not ready to jump to team Dillard just yet.  However, it would give me great pleasure were he to run for office and succeed where Jim Bob has not. Or better yet, if Jill were to enter politics and win an election.

I especially love the Jill idea.

I think Edge is probably short for something. Maybe for his first name he was given the last name of someone in his family tree. For example, maybe his mother’s maiden name was something like Edgerton. So he’d be Edgerton Nowlin, Edge for short. Appears the name did not give him any kind of edge in the election…….

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

Pure speculation here, but the only way I can make sense of JB’s behaviour in supporting Josh to the extent that he has - lots of $$ spent, perjury in court, etc.  - is that he and Josh have been in cahoots with some other seriously awful crap, and JB’s behaviour has been to buy Josh’s silence about it. 

In which case, there’s more to come out.  And I am here for it!!

• Upvote 16

• HerNameIsBuffy changed the title to Duggars by the Dozen 43: One in Jail, Another Made Bail, and a Senate Election Fail
  • HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic