IGNORED

"M" Is for Mama 12: Birth Control Should Have Been Your BFF

nelliebelle1197

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They have many similarities. I think they were both heavily indulged by their parents. They were made to feel like they were the bestest Christian’s growing up and super duper special. 

Spoiler alert: If I had a nickel for person who grew up believing they were the bestest Christians and super duper special, I'd be rich. It's really common.

I blame Jill's parents for becoming fundie. They started homeschooling their kids and became fundie. They stopped at 4 kids in 3 years, but decide to glorify quiverfullness.  

Some of Abbie's fundie quirks seem a little more random, like her decision to have as many kids as possible. It's very strange to me that she decided this on her own; usually people are indoctrinated by someone or some group.

• Upvote 8

5 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Spoiler alert: If I had a nickel for person who grew up believing they were the bestest Christians and super duper special, I'd be rich. It's really common.

I blame Jill's parents for becoming fundie. They started homeschooling their kids and became fundie. They stopped at 4 kids in 3 years, but decide to glorify quiverfullness.  

Some of Abbie's fundie quirks seem a little more random, like her decision to have as many kids as possible. It's very strange to me that she decided this on her own; usually people are indoctrinated by someone or some group.

I think Braggie’s mom wanted a large family but only had 2. I think that’s probably why she’s so supportive. Besides the fact that she doesn’t want the kids to suffer. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Oh and I want to add, you are playing with fire when you raise a kid to think they are super special and better than everyone else. Some kids don’t turn out to be narcissistic ass hats. Jill’s sisters seem less narcissistic than her. But they might still have some really awful qualities we haven’t seen. But if your child is predisposed to narcissistic tendencies, and you raise them to be better than everyone, you will end up with someone like Jill. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

23 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Her mom, no doubt.  I used to feel a little bit sorry for her, but no longer.  She created the monster, now she has to live with it.

They also took the entire family to a really nice restaurant on book launch day.  I'm sure the proprietors of this place just leaped with joy when 10 kids came trooping in.  

At least they paid. Remember the Duggars haunting the Kids Eat Free places? Now those were proprietors with misgivings.

Braggie's mom is her prisoner/slave. She sould move away.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

At least they paid. Remember the Duggars haunting the Kids Eat Free places? Now those were proprietors with misgivings.

Braggie's mom is her prisoner/slave. She sould move away.

Luckily many of those places have a rule where you need one adult to be paid for with each kid eating free. I bet a lot of them made those rules after families like the Duggars came in and took advantage. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 9

31 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

At least they paid. Remember the Duggars haunting the Kids Eat Free places?

Oh but Braggie does that too - they eat somewhere on Sundays where kids are free or a heavily discounted price.

• Upvote 5

She’s going on about Christian Healthcare Ministries and how great they are again in her insta stories. I think she might be getting some sort of reward for advertising with them?

I just can’t stand CHM or any similar program because they exclude so many things and so many people, it’s the equivalent of offering a bandaid when you need knee surgery. They’re taking advance of the fact that most Americans don’t really understand his healthcare works, and they’re counting on the fact that hospitals will step in and do the right thing in a catastrophe regardless of a persons ability to pay. Everyone on CHM receives some government funded healthcare in some way, they just don’t want to admit it. The handbook actually encourages people to use both Medicare and CHM.

I am so grateful for Medicare. I am so grateful for Mass health, our state sponsored health insurance. In the past year I’ve had 4 ER visits, 1 ambulance ride, 2 hospital stays, 1 emergency surgery, countless medications, doctors appointments, therapy, etc. And I’ve paid almost nothing because my state and country acknowledge my disabilities (aka pre existing conditions) don’t allow me to contribute much money. I am one of the luckiest people in the US….but if I was in any other country I’d just be average. (And to receive those services I need to live at a poverty level, of course.)

CHM is just like Braggie: shiny and working well when viewed from above but nasty and decidedly un-Christian when you take a closer look. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 8

Gross how itchy must her scalp be and how much must her hair smell? Just that musty dried sweat and dirty smell 🤢

I'm a curly girl so I know our hair is different but it still needs cared for. She could conditioner wash if she wanted to limit shampoo but come on; I conditioner wash  twice a week and do a scalp scrub or shampoo normally every third wash . And I don't work out anywhere as much as her . 

Also I don't get the boasting about how dirty her hair is- why! When I've been mentally not doing great  I've gone ages without washing my hair but it also felt and smelt awful and I definitely wouldn't be posting on social media boasting about it! One of my I'm feeling better/ treatment is working queues is when I start looking after my hair again! 

I'm literally sitting here waiting for my hair to dry. Im off work tomorrow so was hoping to push it an extra day but a very sweaty gym session plus it being overdue meant I just needed to wash it! 

Edited by byzant
Sp
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 8

She also put "National Bestselling Author" on one of her pics with the kids in stories.  I called that one months ago.  She'll find a way to work it into every single post. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 9
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

Eighteen days is just foul. Disgusting. My tween daughter has hair that is very similar to Braggie's - thick, plentiful, super-curly - and she ABSOLUTELY gets a nasty scalp and bad smell if she goes too long between washes. With how often Braggie works out, I can't imagine how nasty she smells. Dirty hair has to be one of the most unpleasant odors there is. How on Earth can she be admitting (borderline boasting) that on social media?

• Upvote 14

31 minutes ago, mysweetetc said:

Eighteen days is just foul. Disgusting. My tween daughter has hair that is very similar to Braggie's - thick, plentiful, super-curly - and she ABSOLUTELY gets a nasty scalp and bad smell if she goes too long between washes. With how often Braggie works out, I can't imagine how nasty she smells. Dirty hair has to be one of the most unpleasant odors there is. How on Earth can she be admitting (borderline boasting) that on social media?

I bet Braggie’s obsession with looks trumping everything else might have something to do with her dirty hair. I bet that since it may not look disgusting, then it’s fine. Smells disgusting? She probably just sprays on some fragrance thinking it covers up the smell. She’s probably gotten used to the smell and others are too polite to tell her that her scalp stinks. I remember when my sister and I were teens we would hurl insults at eachother when we were fighting. One of them was “wash your hair! Your head stinks!” That was quite the insult back then 😂

• Upvote 9

To the Health care sharing groups, I feel John Oliver did a really good take down of the issues with these things. I was impressed. https://youtu.be/oFetFqrVBNc

As to her hair I don't know if it is meant to be fake humbleness or what but I will never understand bragging about being dirty. I mean not all hair types need the same amount of washing but her hair never looks good. I always wondered if it is also some weird thing tied to her stress issues as well. Maybe it being dirty keeps her hands away. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Oh that's a good point actually; I could see that mucky greasy hair much harder to get a grip on for pulling?

• Upvote 1

On 2/13/2022 at 3:12 PM, byzant said:

Gross how itchy must her scalp be and how much must her hair smell? Just that musty dried sweat and dirty smell 🤢

I'm a curly girl so I know our hair is different but it still needs cared for. She could conditioner wash if she wanted to limit shampoo but come on; I conditioner wash  twice a week and do a scalp scrub or shampoo normally every third wash . And I don't work out anywhere as much as her . 

Also I don't get the boasting about how dirty her hair is- why! When I've been mentally not doing great  I've gone ages without washing my hair but it also felt and smelt awful and I definitely wouldn't be posting on social media boasting about it! One of my I'm feeling better/ treatment is working queues is when I start looking after my hair again! 

I'm literally sitting here waiting for my hair to dry. Im off work tomorrow so was hoping to push it an extra day but a very sweaty gym session plus it being overdue meant I just needed to wash it! 

Every time Abbie brags about her gross hair, I think "weird flex but ok." Glad I don't have to live with her to see and smell that mess up close.

• Upvote 8

Lori Alexander extols the virtues of Monat (natural, organic, non-toxic, no chemicals, must be good 'cause it's expensive (unspoken virtue)). Her hair always look like dry brittle broken straw desperately in need of serious deep conditioning.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 5

On 2/13/2022 at 4:59 PM, Tankgirl36 said:

To the Health care sharing groups, I feel John Oliver did a really good take down of the issues with these things. I was impressed. https://youtu.be/oFetFqrVBNc

Thank you so much for this link. I had no idea of the number of health care sharing groups out there, never mind the depths of corruption and greed.

4 hours ago, theotherelise said:

Abbie uses Monat, so maybe it's a good thing her hair isn't exposed to that very often!

Is this an MLM?

• Upvote 4

On 2/13/2022 at 2:07 PM, Zommom said:

18 days. 

0015349E-9A66-45E0-A61B-3AECBFBBD8B2.png

What is so hard about washing your hair? I know you want attention, but for crying out loud, it takes less than 5 minutes!

• Upvote 7
  • Bless Your Heart 1

Yes, Monat is an MLM.  They've also been sued multiple times for their products causing hair loss and scalp injury. 

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 3

The shorter hair cut she sported 5 kids ago was far more becoming. I understand longer hair can be easier for some people, but that mane is so unruly and thick. It has to be really uncomfortable in the TX heat.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic