IGNORED

"M" Is for Mama 12: Birth Control Should Have Been Your BFF

nelliebelle1197

Thread twelve - hopefully she does not take that as a sign to make her kid numbers match our thread numbers....

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

Ahh, that new thread smell. Let's kick it off with Abbie plugging her book. Abbie's mom read it and thinks it's amazing, which has the same energy as, "my mom thinks I'm handsome with my new haircut". Literally no one cares what your mom thinks. Let me know when the NYT gives it a glowing review.

I'm almost tempted to read it for no other reason than the chapter on mom guilt. That's probably where she really lets her narcissism ramble unchecked. 

Spoiler

258496707_Screenshot_20211205-1220582.thumb.png.712212f5122e6e7dd31f8577cc5fa324.png

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 12
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 1

"You might be surprised by how much you love it"

Or not Braggie. As this is your vanity project and just another way to show us all how your shiny sparkly happy Jesus-y fake sweet fake Christian life is sooooooo much better than ours and that you are sooooo much better than we are since Jesus loves you best of all.

Braggie -- world's best Christian. #Jesuslovesmemorethanyou.

• Upvote 15

I'd read an Audrey Roloff parenting book before Braggies. At least Audrey isn't constantly shitting on her children.

• Upvote 9

Wow. Abbie's god waited until this poor brood mare wasn't knocked up to give her cancer. And she was grateful. Maybe if you're an omniscient, omnipotent being, don't go around giving mothers cancer. Abbie's god is a huge asshole. 

As a less important aside, who the hell opens a conversation about cancer with a braggy  anecdote about her outfit? Abbie. 

Spoiler

1979815435_Screenshot_20211206-1021512.thumb.png.1b1b72e17bf962fe93efae71dde39626.png

• Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 11
  • WTF 7

14 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Wow. Abbie's god waited until this poor brood mare wasn't knocked up to give her cancer. And she was grateful. Maybe if you're an omniscient, omnipotent being, don't go around giving mothers cancer. Abbie's god is a huge asshole. 

As a less important aside, who the hell opens a conversation about cancer with a braggy  anecdote about her outfit? Abbie. 

Hide contents

1979815435_Screenshot_20211206-1021512.thumb.png.1b1b72e17bf962fe93efae71dde39626.png

I guess Anna Marie Maxwell wasn’t as lucky with god. I wonder what she did to anger him enough to give her cancer while she was still pregnant. 🙄

• Upvote 14
  • Sad 3
  • Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, bea said:

They also apparently moved to Texas because she told them too.
Which is creepy AF.

How did I miss that?! I'm always amazed at people who would put stock in Instagram advice. Can you imagine uprooting your family, moving away from your oncologist and all you know because Abbie told you to? Unbelievable. 

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, SuperNova said:

How did I miss that?! I'm always amazed at people who would put stock in Instagram advice. Can you imagine uprooting your family, moving away from your oncologist and all you know because Abbie told you to? Unbelievable. 

It makes me sad that there are so many people out there that need people they don’t know to tell them how to live their lives. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Can you imagine telling your spouse or partner about your plan? 

• I Agree 2

I don’t know why she added that anecdote about someone saying she stepped out of the matrix. I’m sure she thinks it’s a complement. 

I’ll give y’all an anecdote about a random person complementing my looks. For the first time in probably a decade, a stranger complemented me on my looks. I’m not conventionally attractive and I’m overweight. But a random guy complemented me on my muscular calves. I said thank you but I felt ridiculous because I’ve literally done nothing to make my legs this way. It’s all genetics. When my dad was 300lbs, he had very nice muscular calves. They run in the family. Everyone has nice legs in our whole family. And Braggie has varicose veins. Probably partly due to genetics too. All this to say that our looks are a crap shoot. We can’t determine who is tall, short, shaped like a coke bottle, acne free, or whatever. Sure we can do some things like dye our hair, wear makeup and all that. But Braggie focuses way to much on looks. We all end up wrinkly, saggy, gray, thinned hair, by the time we are 90 so who cares? She’s just going to become more and more unhappy if she is going to focus so much on her looks. Because society tells us the young are the best looking and both Braggie and I are turning 40 next year. I’m betting there will be a bit of a crisis over that next October. 

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m betting there will be a bit of a crisis over that next October. 

That, or she'll be like Be-All Phillips and pound it into everyone's heads in an effort to look like she's ok with it.  "Six months till I'm 40!  Three months till I'm 40!  I'm 40 next week, did you know that?  I've been 40 for a month!" 🙄

Stepped out of the Matrix, my ass.  Braggie wishes she looked as good as Carrie-Anne Moss (who is 15 years her senior).

• Upvote 10

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t know why she added that anecdote about someone saying she stepped out of the matrix. I’m sure she thinks it’s a complement. 

I’ll give y’all an anecdote about a random person complementing my looks. For the first time in probably a decade, a stranger complemented me on my looks. I’m not conventionally attractive and I’m overweight. But a random guy complemented me on my muscular calves. I said thank you but I felt ridiculous because I’ve literally done nothing to make my legs this way. It’s all genetics. When my dad was 300lbs, he had very nice muscular calves. They run in the family. Everyone has nice legs in our whole family. And Braggie has varicose veins. Probably partly due to genetics too. All this to say that our looks are a crap shoot. We can’t determine who is tall, short, shaped like a coke bottle, acne free, or whatever. Sure we can do some things like dye our hair, wear makeup and all that. But Braggie focuses way to much on looks. We all end up wrinkly, saggy, gray, thinned hair, by the time we are 90 so who cares? She’s just going to become more and more unhappy if she is going to focus so much on her looks. Because society tells us the young are the best looking and both Braggie and I are turning 40 next year. I’m betting there will be a bit of a crisis over that next October. 

My grandma had thick hair and it wasn't all white or gray in the end. I wish I had taken a picture of her hair. 

As for varicose veins, pregnancy is a big contributor. Both Michelle and Anna Marie Maxwell have varicose veins. You might have had a few if you have a lot more babies closer together.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

We all end up wrinkly, saggy, gray, thinned hair, by the time we are 90 so who cares?

Thank you for this reminder! I’ve been feeling panicky about my upcoming 50th high school reunion (delayed two years because of COVID) because I’m OMG fatter than I was in high school. I’ve decided I’m *through* with apologizing for my body.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 9

5 minutes ago, Hane said:

Thank you for this reminder! I’ve been feeling panicky about my upcoming 50th high school reunion (delayed two years because of COVID) because I’m OMG fatter than I was in high school. I’ve decided I’m *through* with apologizing for my body.

I can guarantee every other person going to that reunion has thought the same thing and I bet a lot are over it too! Because it’s life. It happens to us all. 

1 minute ago, JillRodsEyeliner said:

I found her Instagram.  Who in the world is this lady? Does she not like kids?

Uh oh. Enjoy the rabbit hole! She seems to hate the toddler years with a passion. Yet she always has a toddler in the house. She also hates having twins. And now she has two sets. She hates teaching her daughters piano. Yet she does it. She hates being pregnant. Yet she keeps getting pregnant. She martyrs herself constantly. For internet back pats. 

• Upvote 12

9 minutes ago, JillRodsEyeliner said:

Why doesn't she use birth control or have her husband snipped?

Short answer: she's a narcissist and chose having a passel of kids/being constantly pregnant as her primary means of getting attention and adulation.

• Upvote 9

10 minutes ago, JillRodsEyeliner said:

So is she worse than JillPM, better or the same? Why doesn't she use birth control or have her husband snipped?

She’s very similar to Jill. She is obsessed with her home being perfect and looking a certain way. Braggie loves Anthropologie while Jill loves Big Lots. Braggie has much more money than Jill. Her husband is always working and basically lets Braggie rule, just like Jill and David. Braggie forces her older children to parent the youngers and do all the housework. Similar to Jill. But Braggie has a lot of help from her mother. Unlike Jill. Therefore they have a better home education. Braggie has a date night every Thursday. Similar to Jill having a huge amount of date nights with David. Braggie is obsessed with her hair and body. Similar to Jill. But Braggie is much more open about her hate for kids than Jill. Braggie will keep having kids even though she hates it because she’s better than everyone else. 

• Upvote 15
  • Sad 1

Abbie thinks that she can couch her disdain for many things: her kids, pregnancy, housework, twins, toddlers, Shiloh, BC, anyone who does not think or worship exactly how she does, the poor, minorities…in Jesus speak and the art of bitching, and she believes that the rest of society does not see through her bitchiness and hatred of all things that are not Abbie or Abbie approved. 

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She’s very similar to Jill. She is obsessed with her home being perfect and looking a certain way. Braggie loves Anthropologie while Jill loves Big Lots. Braggie has much more money than Jill. Her husband is always working and basically lets Braggie rule, just like Jill and David. Braggie forces her older children to parent the youngers and do all the housework. Similar to Jill. But Braggie has a lot of help from her mother. Unlike Jill. Therefore they have a better home education. Braggie has a date night every Thursday. Similar to Jill having a huge amount of date nights with David. Braggie is obsessed with her hair and body. Similar to Jill. But Braggie is much more open about her hate for kids than Jill. Braggie will keep having kids even though she hates it because she’s better than everyone else. 

Braggie herself has a lot more education than Jill, even a college degree, and her kids do homeschool co-ops and seem to actually learn things. Besides that and the money difference, they're incredibly similar. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

8 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

Braggie herself has a lot more education than Jill, even a college degree, and her kids do homeschool co-ops and seem to actually learn things. Besides that and the money difference, they're incredibly similar. 

I agree. And it’s just another way for Braggie to brag. She loves talking about how she graduated from homeschool at 16 and started college. She will be bragging heavily about her children graduating early and going to college. I doubt she actually values knowledge. She just uses it for the brag. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

6 hours ago, JillRodsEyeliner said:

So is she worse than JillPM, better or the same? Why doesn't she use birth control or have her husband snipped?

She's a more privileged versions of Jill.  She has more money and status. Also Abbie seems to be the first generation fundie, while Jill is second generation fundie. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Her mantra is “hard is not the same as bad”, which she often uses as a hashtag.

• Upvote 10

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic