IGNORED

"M" Is for Mama 12: Birth Control Should Have Been Your BFF

nelliebelle1197

My kids would say things like that when they were little. They learned pretty early on it never worked. I never took it personally when they said I was the worst mommy ever. But my kids have learned what does bother me. And that’s when I tell them not to do something and they immediately do it. I admit that’s most often when I yell and lose my cool. It really does drive me nuts. “Don’t jump in that puddle” *immediately jumps in puddle* Ugggghhhhh. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

My younger son, who is the most like me in temperament and emotions out of my four, knows *exactly* what pushes my buttons.  He's known since he was about five.  He's in his twenties now, and still occasionally tries it.  Thankfully, and especially since my recovery, I stay calm and ignore it.  I wish I'd been able to when he was little, lol.  But I will say this, with all my many faults in parenting, whenever I blew my top with my kids I ALWAYS apologized after and told them I loved them no matter what.  And they do remember that.

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Love 5

I know someone who brags about poor hygiene.  Along the lines of "I've been up since 5:00 a.m. doing this and this and this and I didn't even have time to get a shower!" Like a "super-productive thing", or a "what I'm doing is so important it supersedes selfish self-care" thing. She is also a fundie-lite. I always think about the whole cleanliness is next to godliness, but what do I know? I'm a heathen. 🤷‍♀️

• Upvote 7

37 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Like a "super-productive thing", or a "what I'm doing is so important it supersedes selfish self-care" thing.

I think this is one of Braggie's motivations.  The thing is, washing your hair is not selfish self-care, it's basic hygiene.  I keep thinking about how her children are watching and observing that she only washes her hair once every two weeks at best. Her daughters' hair nearly always looks messy and in need of a brush (NOT criticizing the kids, just Braggie's lack of guidance).  

I've said it before - between Braggie's poor hygiene, the teenage boys and the number of kids in diapers in her house, my guess is it STINKS most of the time.  Maybe one of the reasons they made it so big is so that they don't have to smell each other. 

• Upvote 13

I just jinxed myself! I walked to get my kids after school and it’s rainy as hell. I said, “don’t walk in that puddle” to my 9 year old and because he’s mad about something that happened at school, he walked through every puddle the whole way home. He really hates his teacher this year. So he takes it out on me. *sigh*

• Sad 1
  • Haha 9
  • Love 7

Today on IG Abbie reveals, AGAIN, that she grew up in a poor family. I don’t think she has any idea what poor is. And her parents must have made a remarkable financial turnaround as a young family (early 20s), Abbie and Shaun lived on the 2nd floor (1300 sq feet per AH) of her family’s home.

• Upvote 13
  • Eyeroll 6
  • I Agree 3

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Today on IG Abbie reveals, AGAIN, that she grew up in a poor family. I don’t think she has any idea what poor is. And her parents must have made a remarkable financial turnaround as a young family (early 20s), Abbie and Shaun lived on the 2nd floor (1300 sq feet per AH) of her family’s home.

I get the feeling they were working class people who just lived paycheck to paycheck like so many folks in the US. My family lived that way when I was growing up and a ton of people in my hometown lived that way. It was pretty normal. Her mother wanted to homeschool so her dad worked a lot of hours. If her mom had gotten a job and sent her two children to public school, I bet they might have been middle class and wouldn’t have to live paycheck to paycheck. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

Ugggg- so God only wishes and commands us in the Bible to limit sex to the confines of marriage and with the purpose of procreation. So what about the infertile? If this was the case and intent, Why would God create infertility? Are those people not suppose to enter sexual relationships? And If they do, are those relationships deemed or labeled less important? 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Ugggg- so God only wishes and commands us in the Bible to limit sex to the confines of marriage and with the purpose of procreation. So what about the infertile? If this was the case and intent, Why would God create infertility? Are those people not suppose to enter sexual relationships? And If they do, are those relationships deemed or labeled less important? 

I guess women who have gone through menopause gotta go without. Just imagine how many millions of people who wouldn’t be allowed to have sex. I feel like only 10% of all adults would be allowed to have sex under her rules. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I guess women who have gone through menopause gotta go without. Just imagine how many millions of people who wouldn’t be allowed to have sex. I feel like only 10% of all adults would be allowed to have we’d under her rules. 

Yes, I guess God wanted lots of people abstaining-

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Yeah, if I wanted to listen to this line of thinking, I would have stayed Catholic. It's exactly what the church preaches. 

• I Agree 1

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I just jinxed myself! I walked to get my kids after school and it’s rainy as hell. I said, “don’t walk in that puddle” to my 9 year old and because he’s mad about something that happened at school, he walked through every puddle the whole way home. He really hates his teacher this year. So he takes it out on me. *sigh*

** HUGS **

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Nope. I'm going to have sex just for fun. Abbie can die mad about it. 

I know this is probably Capitan Obvious territory but it wasn't until today's post that I truly understood the depths of why Abbie became so rabid about Jesus. Abbie has always taken the natural behaviors of her children as a personal affront when they aren't acting in a way that's to her liking. There's so many posts where she talks about this and uses the word 'rage' to describe her feelings. Jesus validates this feeling for her. Jesus loves Abbie so much that he gives her children to rage against, to learn the lessons from, to sanctify and give meaning to rage. It's not Abbie's job to stop feeling the rage. It's her god given purpose to rise above it. It's her job to, as she puts it, 'practice her patient face' while screaming on the inside. 

Spoiler

1602855750_Screenshot_20220217-1652402.thumb.png.b5e8eb7f53e1cd9b94891373fcb9b2cf.png2049229434_Screenshot_20220217-1652482.png.e5eb528c5c735a70491ac30eeec5e776.png

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 7
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I guess women who have gone through menopause gotta go without. Just imagine how many millions of people who wouldn’t be allowed to have sex. I feel like only 10% of all adults would be allowed to have sex under her rules. 

Wow she said that?! I wonder how her husband's gonna feel about that when it's clear she can't have anymore babies, I mean she'd be done with sex at that point, right? 🙄

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

I think this is one of Braggie's motivations.  The thing is, washing your hair is not selfish self-care, it's basic hygiene.  I keep thinking about how her children are watching and observing that she only washes her hair once every two weeks at best. Her daughters' hair nearly always looks messy and in need of a brush (NOT criticizing the kids, just Braggie's lack of guidance).  

I've said it before - between Braggie's poor hygiene, the teenage boys and the number of kids in diapers in her house, my guess is it STINKS most of the time.  Maybe one of the reasons they made it so big is so that they don't have to smell each other. 

But the kids have to listen to her martyring herself and bragging how she doesn't wash her (gross hair any fool would cut off) because of them!

• Upvote 5

19 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Abbie has always taken the natural behaviors of her children as a personal affront when they aren't acting in a way that's to her liking. There's so many posts where she talks about this and uses the word 'rage' to describe her feelings. Jesus validates this feeling for her. Jesus loves Abbie so much that he gives her children to rage against, to learn the lessons from, to sanctify and give meaning to rage. It's not Abbie's job to stop feeling the rage. It's her god given purpose to rise above it. It's her job to, as she puts it, 'practice her patient face' while screaming on the inside. 

Boy is she twisted. If I recall, I didn't sleep all night from 1982 to sometime in 1993. I also think I changed diapers continuously during those 11 years. Yes, it was frustrating, aggravating, occasionally infuriating, teaching toddlers to drink from a cup, go potty consistently, not beat the hell out of each other, stop feeding the dog when they should be eating...all that fun stuff. I DO remember reinforcing the idea of playing outside or in the playroom to give mama a break, of wanting to take a shower without a little voice yelling for mama. But rage? Nope. Yes, I occasionally walked away. Even now when Not-so-itty-bitty is being extra I'll walk away. But never rage. Hell, I teach 8 teenaged male nerds that can occasionally pluck my last nerve. Do I "rage"? Nope. Find a way to distract them and make them laugh (or they'll make me laugh) and on we go. Maybe its a personality difference...I'm a sort of "roll with the changes" sort of person, I don't do iron-clad plans, it's all tentative so if things go in a different direction, it's ok. I could probably do 10 kids, but I'd be on the floor playing with them instead of doing "adult stuff" like housekeeping. 

Her saying she feels "rage" scares me. Eventually she's going to lose her shit and the kids will pay. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 6

41 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Boy is she twisted. If I recall, I didn't sleep all night from 1982 to sometime in 1993. I also think I changed diapers continuously during those 11 years. Yes, it was frustrating, aggravating, occasionally infuriating, teaching toddlers to drink from a cup, go potty consistently, not beat the hell out of each other, stop feeding the dog when they should be eating...all that fun stuff. I DO remember reinforcing the idea of playing outside or in the playroom to give mama a break, of wanting to take a shower without a little voice yelling for mama. But rage? Nope. Yes, I occasionally walked away. Even now when Not-so-itty-bitty is being extra I'll walk away. But never rage. Hell, I teach 8 teenaged male nerds that can occasionally pluck my last nerve. Do I "rage"? Nope. Find a way to distract them and make them laugh (or they'll make me laugh) and on we go. Maybe its a personality difference...I'm a sort of "roll with the changes" sort of person, I don't do iron-clad plans, it's all tentative so if things go in a different direction, it's ok. I could probably do 10 kids, but I'd be on the floor playing with them instead of doing "adult stuff" like housekeeping. 

Her saying she feels "rage" scares me. Eventually she's going to lose her shit and the kids will pay. 

I might be more tightly wound (? Sp), but I am very self aware and know my limits, and trust myself. I don’t need the good book to dictate my every thought and decision. And if I end up in hell, I guess I’ll be in decent company.

• Upvote 13

She just told what may be the grandaddy whopper of all her lies. 

"I didn't write M is for Mama to make money." 

:pantsonfire:

• Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Haha 8

17 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

I’ve often compared Abbie to JB Duggar. In this arena, worshipping at the altar of money, they are twins.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

18 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

It might be true! She did it for the constant supply of back pats, attention, and Christian mom instagrammer accolades. She has money thanks to her husband constantly working so he doesn’t have to parent his own children. She’s doing ok there. What she will never have too much of is attention. She’s a black hole attention whore.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 11

19 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Hey now, it's a least equally to stroke her own ego.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

25 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

black hole attention whore.

I love this moniker and am totally stealing it for future use.  

I agree with you all that she wrote the book equally to feed her narcissism.  But I believe she wants the money just as badly.  She goes through it like water - constant expensive vacations, meals out, clothing and decor.  I don't believe Shaun makes enough to support 12 people in the manner Braggie deems appropriate as the kids continue to get older.

• Upvote 10

12 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Abbie got a nose piercing. She's so obviously trying to be cool and edgy. 

621093480_Screenshot_20220219-1030262.png.361f1da9c394a04e2c7e477b99caf9aa.png

It’s just going to get worse as she gets closer to 40.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

What's the big deal over turning 40? Ok, yeah, you're not "young" anymore, but that's the reward for staying alive. Does she think that at 40 she'll look like some old crone? Yeah, things aren't so tight and perky, pregnancy, nursing and gravity do a number on you if you're that superficial. She needs to grow up, realize she isn't nearly as "hip" and "rad" as she thinks she is. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic