IGNORED

"M" Is for Mama 12: Birth Control Should Have Been Your BFF

nelliebelle1197

The whole jewelry line thing rubs me the wrong way.  The environmental impact of shipping jewelry from "the Horn of Africa" (why won't they say what country they're in?) to America is not negligible.  It also makes Braggie's ilk feel like they're helping people living in poverty without actually having to interact with them.  The one positive thing I see is that all the artisans appear to be Muslim, so the business itself doesn't seem to be fundie.  Not diehard fundie, anyway.

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

On 2/1/2022 at 12:48 AM, 0 kids n not countin said:

Once again, picking on Shiloh, enough already Braggie...🙄👎

Screenshot_20220131-214422_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220131-214424_Instagram.jpg

So she's complaining about him "helping" with dinner. Who's the one who put him in the counter? I feel like she really does set him up to fail. (Also, that is really not safe!)

19 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

The whole jewelry line thing rubs me the wrong way.  The environmental impact of shipping jewelry from "the Horn of Africa" (why won't they say what country they're in?) to America is not negligible.  It also makes Braggie's ilk feel like they're helping people living in poverty without actually having to interact with them.  The one positive thing I see is that all the artisans appear to be Muslim, so the business itself doesn't seem to be fundie.  Not diehard fundie, anyway

Was going up say something, realized I couldn't get it into a complete thought, and can't get rid of the quote box, sorry.

• Upvote 7

How long are we going to be hearing about her book and it’s launch? It’s old already. Can I get an amen?

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 7

10 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

How long are we going to be hearing about her book and it’s launch? It’s old already. Can I get an amen?

Amen!  Seriously…it’s her narcissistic supply on steroids!  
I just found FJ a few days ago and I must say I’m relieved I finally have somewhere to vent my thoughts about her whole situation lol 

Social media is such a time zapper….no way all 10 of her kids are getting what they need from her.  No effing way.  She’ll be even more glued to her phone while this book launch is happening.  
And once the dust has settled…she’ll announce #11! 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

Has anyone watched the new show, “Gilded Age?” It’s a Downton Abbey spin-off. I was honestly so flabbergasted at how similar Abby is to one of the main characters, the wealthy railroad Tycoon’s wife, Mrs. Burton. I have never understood Abby more clearly.  Power, fame, narcissism. She even talks and looks a lot like Abby. Duuuude. 

• Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, Zommom said:

Has anyone watched the new show, “Gilded Age?” It’s a Downton Abbey spin-off. I was honestly so flabbergasted at how similar Abby is to one of the main characters, the wealthy railroad Tycoon’s wife, Mrs. Burton. I have never understood Abby more clearly.  Power, fame, narcissism. She even talks and looks a lot like Abby. Duuuude. 

I love it already and it’s only released 2 episodes! I’ve always been super interested in that time in history. If the US had royalty, those old families in NYC would have been it. And if you watched Downton Abbey, you’ll know Cora came from that time in US history. That time was filled with poor English men with titles coming to America to find a rich wife. It’s exactly what Winston Churchill’s father did as well. It was a common practice at that time. The woman would get a title, and the man would get her money to keep up his estate. I’m sure that will happen with one of the characters in this new series. Mrs Russell (the Braggie character) will probably try to sell her daughter off to a Poor Lord from England. She is bound and determined to break into the highest echelon of NY society. Just like Braggie wants to be on top of the Fundie homeschooling social media society. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 8

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Probably as long as she talks about their DIY house that they built with their "actual hands1!1!!!11!!!1! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

She is in her stories saying “I am not a crier but…” crying in her stories over people showing off her book. @JermajestyDuggar it’s almost like she is finding a way to brag that she doesn’t even cry in front of her husband??? 

17382E49-BA1C-462D-9378-C7C516AB3245.thumb.jpeg.7e13dbec7e2f3b82ac22698d4e6a103b.jpeg

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 13
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

I can’t decide who needs professional mental health help more, Braggie or Jill. 

It makes me so sad that so many fundie mothers would benefit so much from seeing a professional. Braggie, Zoo, Jill, Karissa, Carlin, Anna, Teri. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 11

5 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

She is in her stories saying “I am not a crier but…” crying in her stories over people showing off her book. @JermajestyDuggar it’s almost like she is finding a way to brag that she doesn’t even cry in front of her husband??? 

17382E49-BA1C-462D-9378-C7C516AB3245.thumb.jpeg.7e13dbec7e2f3b82ac22698d4e6a103b.jpeg

No - she's cutting onions. But SEE HOW EMOTIONAL I AM!

• Upvote 1

I will never get people’s decision to post themselves crying on Instagram. It feels epitome of narcissism to me, because you have to be aware of the way you cry while doing it, if that makes sense. You are observing yourself crying all while presenting it as a deep, authentic emotion. 

Living life on social media is so messed up honestly. This is me not actually crying for Abbie 😭 but sad for the amount of time she posts moments like these and lives a divided life. And, as someone mentioned, how much she would likely benefit from good therapy. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Braggie listened to a podcast where someone who was "saved out of" occultism and New Age beliefs said the Enneagram has demonic roots.  So it's a no-go for her, and she doesn't care that she "stepped on toes."  Also, "Christians" (her quotes, not mine) who use the Enneagram usually have unbiblical beliefs and unsound theology.  

There is TONS in the Bible that Braggie ignores and does not follow. The cherry-picking, it is tiresome.

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 8
  • Haha 1

Of *course* it’s not enough that she doesn’t like the Enneagram. It has to be that anyone else who likes it must not be a real-Christian-TM. “Unbiblical beliefs” and “unsound theology”=any alternate perspective. I wonder if it’s tiresome to always be right about everything.

I think she actually does mind stepping on toes. I got blocked after non-snarky comments on her blanket training post. If she doesn’t mind stepping toes, why block disagreement? Instead, I think it plays to her audience to have hard or tough stances but then block the actual fallout from that so as to maintain an echo chamber of applause. 

• Upvote 11

The enneagram is polarizing to fundamentalists. Some think it’s basically direct from their god and others think like Abby that it’s of the occult and going to cause demon oppression (or possession if they believe Christians can be possessed. Some do some don’t)

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

The enneagram is polarizing to fundamentalists. Some think it’s basically direct from their god and others think like Abby that it’s of the occult and going to cause demon oppression (or possession if they believe Christians can be possessed. Some do some don’t)

As a side note, I also occasionally check in on this wealthy, mommy, influencer blogger who just today posted her enneagram number (and launched a book yesterday). And she only posted the favorable traits of her enneagram number. Leader, organized, high achiever, attractive(wtf), charming, competent blah, blah. She also follows Abbie and has 4 kids. This lady, much like Abbie, also loves herself- I can not imagine posting the stuff these people post and make money in the process.

• Upvote 7

Jermajesty you beat me to it LOLOL.  

Her face in that pic is so ridiculous I can't stop laughing.  "Can you believe how awesome I am?  Me neither, but I am!" 

Can we fast-forward to a year from now, when it will hopefully be lining the $2 rack at Mardel? 

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 10
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic